John Lewis Reviews

returns process
Could Be Better
Read John Lewis Reviews

Tell us how John Lewis made you happy
Horrific customer service ordering online, sent items back immediately as poor quality, but they just returned it to me!
sold fake sapphire My Husband purchased my engagement ring from the John Lewis Milton Keynes store. It was a Sapphire ring with diamond halo surround that I had found in their second hand/ vintage display section. We fell in love with it and my husband purchased it to propose to me. In August 2019, a diamond fell out of the ring. We took it to get replaced, and at the same time decided to have the ring valued insurance purposes. We received a call from the Jeweller in Hatton Garden, London asking us if we were sure we wanted to value the ring, to which we said yes and asked proceeded to ask why. The jeweller let us know that the stone was synthetic and they had asked for opinions of a second and third local jeweller. We were taken aback and explained where we had bought the ring. The jeweller stated that she would take it to a gemmologist to undergo extensive testing. She asked for permission to remove the stone to properly test it, to which we agreed. We received our full report back, which outlined it was indeed a synthetic sapphire. We reached out to John Lewis immediately, and upon receiving the ring back from the jeweller we took the ring to John Lewis that very evening. The store sent the ring back to the seller - Cherie Leigh (a company/individual), who we are informed by John Lewis has been supplying John Lewis with jewellery for over a decade. Initially, they challenged if it was the original ring, we provided proof of purchase. A few weeks later we received a call from the store stating that the wanted to now have a third party valuation. We agreed. The report back, stating that it was a genuine sapphire. The woman who called me from the Milton Keynes store even stated on the phone 'and great news, it has come back bigger'. To our knowledge gems are unable to grow in size and change from synthetic to genuine. Not only did the gem change from synthetic to real, it suddenly changed in every dimension too. It also has a defect hidden under the clasp and the stone is actually damaged and has a chunk missing. We informed John Lewis know we did not believe this to be the same stone and took it back to the same gemmologists to retest this new stone. The ring came back from the gemmologist (whom is registered with the National Association of Jewellers) as genuine, which a much higher price tag. The gemmologists informed us that this is not the same stone that they original tested and provided another report and one showing the defect in the stone. Additionally, the stone that was replaced within my ring has a defect hidden underneath the clasp and requires re-cutting. John Lewis MK Store and the top Directors at John Lewis, including the MD and the Group Operations Director at John Lewis Partnership, Anthony Murphy have all been informed of this matter and are refusing to accept responsible or protect us as the consumer. John Lewis is meant to be a responsible seller. They have refused to outline full details as to who the seller is. From our research, the seller is NOT registered with the Companies House. Cherie Leigh has a P.O. box and a VAT number. Additionally, John Lewis is NOT registered with the National Association of Jewellers. DO NOT TRUST THEM
General feedback about High Wycombe store. I go to John Lewis because the selection and range of goods is exceptional. I also used to feel that the customer service and experience was similar but sadly now not the case. I constantly saw huddles of young staff chatting to each other and showing no interest in the customer. My best experiences today were with the older staff (and I write this as a 55 year old) who understand service and are confident to engage with a customer and stand back when not required. I found it so frustrating being an operational manager to see staff who don’t appear to care about the customer or their own careers. You were great because of your differential outstanding customer experience you offered. Lose that and why wouldn’t I shop at amazon
Item was faulty after just 10 weeks. Did NOT get a refund. They were very dishonest and arrogant in there response as a business. They also lied about a consumers rights under the consumer rights act 2015. Case Number: 13891266
Avoid this Retailer..If your item is faulty you will not get a replacement or refund. A very dishonest and arrogant business. They will lie about your rights under the consumer rights act 2015.
Avoid this Retailer..If your item is faulty you will not get a replacement or refund. A very dishonest and arrogant business. That will lie about your rights under the consumer rights act 2015. Case Number: 13891266
John Lewis - look at these reviews - have you not realized how bad this service is? Do you not care? Provide a line direct to the store so that your customer can call directly and talk to knowledgeable people I want to order a laptop and book my son in for a £45 technical session, but it's impossible. The chap I had to talk to didn't know anything and couldn't book me in. For the love of god, please make your service easier to use.
I ordered a item 2 months ago from them the order was sent to a transfer delivery company. After numerous Fake delivery attempts left with no information on the name of the delivery company to pick up the item they sent it back. After numerous emails to both the Delivery company and john lewis they kept passing the buck to each other nobody could tell me anything. now i have no item which is sold out now and they cant even resend my item to a new address for all my troubles i will never order from them again. This is simply pathetic.
DONT BUY ANYTHING FROM HERE DONT BUY ANYTHING FROM HERE their "guarantee" is entirely misrepresented the email that comes looks like a solid document with a value the ACTUAL service is astonishingly poor and not in any way worth the price. both sam and Mitch were condescending and failed to accept the words in JL guarantee email are misleading at best. they claim to repair items using authorised service engineers. that means they'll post your item back to De'Longhi...
Bought a laptop for my partner for Christmas and on the item’s webpage it said there was a discount on Microsoft office with compatible devices. So I added the laptop and software to my basket and input the discount code to check if they were compatible. The discount was applied which by the wording of their offer and to any person with a brain meant the software was compatible since they said the offer was with compatible devices. It wasn’t compatible and now they refuse to let me return the software. Why would they even post the offer on the product page of a laptop that isn’t compatible with the software? Absolutely disgusted with their underhand sales tactics. I was a loyal customers for years, now they will never get my business again.
Appalling treatment. No joined up thinking when it comes to customer care. No availability of a manager to solve consumer problems, just passed from pillar to post speaking to rude people with no authority to do anything. I bought a microwave, whose bottom fell out in 3 weeks of ownership. 28 working days passed. No repair in spite of being told I had to wait 28 days. No refund either. I have now waited 7 weeks as I write this. I am £350 out of pocket and no microwave. The sooner this company ceases trading, the better for us all.
Appalling customer service received from rude and clearly inexperienced staff including duty manager. Absolutely no inter personal skills. Rude and smart mouthed.
Catalogue of errors. We went with John Lewis as we thought they had good customer service. How very wrong we were. Ordered a fridge freezer with a ‘special offer’ that they would take away our old one. No where on line to notify them that we wanted our American Fridge Freezer collected. We wrote it in ‘Delivery Instructions’ so they were aware. Delivery drivers said they were unable to take it and we therefore told them to take the new one away. Numerous phone calls, always with promises they would call back ‘within 2 hours ‘. .....they NEVER did call us. We asked for our money back which EVENTUALLY happened !!! What has happened to John Lewis. I did advise them that their competitors do take way American Fridge Freezers so we have bought a new one from a competitor.....
Absolutely terrible service , so disappointing
Terrible, unethical, incompetent Gift List Service. BEWARE. They take money, confirm a gift but then DON'T pick items or mark as out of stock, - but carrying on selling them so lots of things don't end up getting delivered. You then have to their gift vouchers instead - John Lewis wins, customers lose.
Wedding Gift List Service
What has happened to the John Lewis we all know and love. I am truly upset by the arrogance and dismissive attitudes. It's bad enough having a problem with an item without your staff making situation much much worse by being as unhelpful as can be. Have you changed your policies? Twice I have been informed that customers can't go by advise given by yourselves. I am a loyal customer and truly upset by all this. I eventually got through to call centre today and was smart mouthed by adviser, so I promptly terminated call. Have you all been replaced by nasty aliens!!!
I decided to purchase a mobile phone from John Lewis paying £100 more than other stores as someone said their customer service is good when something goes wrong. My partner also purchased the exact same phone from Argos. Both phones showed common faults so we have reported it to John Lewis and Argos. Argos didn't even question the fault, sent a return label for a refund. John Lewis questioned the faults but agreed to repair the phone. They said if I take it to the store it would take 28 working days, if I post it to them, it would take more than 28 working days! This is such a long time! I wish I had bought mine from Argos and it was £100 cheaper!
John Lewis is rated 2.89 based on 2,010 reviews