John Lewis Reviews

Could Be Better
Read John Lewis Reviews

Tell us how John Lewis made you happy
Avoid at all cost
Avoid at all cost, especially the more expensive tech.

I bought a IPhone last year which got delivered used! JL requested I return the phone, which I did, only then to turn around and say we lost the phone and we are keeping your money. Court proceedings starting this week!

£1200 phone IS NOT A JOKE
John Lewis and partners, unfortunately cannot deliver what they claim. There two year warranty for example is a total waste . You are better off buying products with Argos. This is what happened to the microwave ( within an 18 month period) I purchased from john lewis, less than two years ago , please see photo. For the record John Lewis refused to honour the warranty for this sub standard product.
Really poor service - expected much more

Order place 8th Jan. Only half the order turned up and the rest of the items are who knows where. Contact JLP customer ervice- they take an age to respond and then tell me to wait another 5 days for a response. JLP make out they are superior to other retailers but that is not the truth. It should not take weeks to deliver 4 picture frames. Really poor John Lewis.

UPDATED AFTER RESPONSE -
'Didn't arrive as expected'? what does that mean? It didn't arrive full stop.

Still very, very poor customer service - the frames were just one part of the order, the light that was also in the order arrived fine. Really disappointed that John Lewis pointing the finger at others.
Also - who asked for a refund? I certainly didn't. Why can't you just deliver what I ordered and paid for all those weeks ago?
Come on - sort it out, stop putting the onus on me to call you and fix this, this level of service is not good enough.
Coping well with the pandemic. I like being able to use Waitrose to return any items.
Cannot believe how bad john lewis has got!! I purchased a product for next day delivery click and collect on the 17th December, I needed it for a gift for the 19th, it didn't arrive at the store and was sent elsewhere (error of john lewis) I phoned to organise a refund as I had to buy the gift elsewhere to get it in time. I was told that when the product arrives at my choice of click and collect leave it there and you will receive a refund after 7 days, which I did. It finally arrived 5 days later, I left it for 7 days and received an email stating that I wouldn't be receiving a refund!?! Cut a long story short I made 5 further phone calls, the first call offered some compensation (but they never carried out with the promise) and 3 emails of complaint, none addressed my issue properly and today on the 19th January, over a month later have still not received my refund. Wasted so much time and stress over this. Was once a loyal customer but will never be shopping with John Lewis again!!!!
John Lewis customer service doesn’t deserve even one star
It pains to give John Lewis customer service even 1 star. I ordered a table lamp and product was delivered broken. The packaging was poor and they never mentioned that the product was fragile. When informed the company they were prompt to refund the money. However, I was not after refund but liked the product so asked that if the product will be in stock in future then they can send that to me. To which their executive said it will come in future and will be on discount so I should keep checking the website. This somehow seemed a bit wishy-washy so I escalated it and thought they would come back with a reasonable solution.

The person who contacted me gave me a long explanation on company policy and how they have recently stopped sending products which are available on-shop to customers. I said if they can reserve that for me and I can collect it from the store when things open up after Covid restrictions are lifted. Well he blamed everything on top management saying that all avenues have been closed so the product cannot be made available. Infact to my surprise he mentioned that he does not buy products online for delivery as there is big chance of the product been damaged in delivery. If John Lewis was recording this call then probably they must look at how their own customer service is dissuading people to buy high value products online.

The whole experience was terrible and I have been such a long standing customer of John Lewis. It pains to see that an iconic brand can stoop so low.
Don’t buy anything from John Lewis online. Tried to buy one Mack book from them next day they emailed security didnt go through security check, but they charged by bank. Curry's have same offer but I can not buy from them now until they refunded my money back. Don’t trust this brand anymore
I returned a Panasonic Lumix camera for repair under warranty (the lens did not always open fully, and it would not focus). I gave all details over the phone, I was then told to go to the store and hand it in at Technical Support. I waited almost 1 hour outside that room before I was admitted, and handed the camera in, and repeated all the details. I was told that if I heard nothing within 3 weeks I should contact them. After 4 weeks I contacted them and was told '2 more weeks'. I phoned again yesterday and was told it had been fixed and would be posted to me within a few days. Today I received an email asking me to call again and I was told it had a fault not covered under guarantee and they wanted £110 to fix it. I spoke to a manager but got nowhere. I told him to return the camera to me without fixing it. How long will that take? A very poor customer service experience after a lifetime of buying so much from them. Very disappointing to say the least. I won't be buying from them again.
Tried to purchase a pair of shoes. I am a keyworker and need a comfortable pair if shoes at work. I have tried to use a one4all token I had for Christmas. Unfortunately the shoes are £2 more than my token. I phoned them. They suggested that I purchased an e voucher. The cheapest is £10. I purchased one. I have since lost it trying to use it! Rung customer services. They were useless. Rung my son who suggested I contact them through Facebook. 3 days later. They got in touch. 1 message then left me in the lurch. Given up. I'll find some shoes somewhere else. You would think being temporarily closed they'd want the online custom
If I could score JLP 0/5 then I would but unfortunately the lowest rating score I can award here is 1/5.

I have been a regularly customer of JLP for decades as its a brand you can trust and put your faith in - not any longer.

In May 2020 I purchased my 3rd iPhone from JLP. Over the years I have purchased 3 iPhones and 4 iPads from JLP. I have never had an issue with any Apple product until now.

On Dec 29th my iPhone stopped charging. I contacted JLP customer service and they arranged to collect the phone from on Mon 4th Jan.

I have just been contacted by JLP customer service team and have been advised that the phone has been inspected and the phone is not charging as one of the charging pins inside the charging port has been damaged somehow. I have been told that this fault is not covered under the warranty. I am expected to pay £355+ VAT to have the phone repaired which is a greater price than the value of the phone when I purchased it new just 7 months ago.

As you can expect I am devasted that the fault is not covered under the warranty. The phone is immaculate in every way possible, not a single blemish. The phone has never been dropped, misused or mishandled.

I was asked if I had taken any photos of the charging port before I returned the phone ??? Because every takes random photos of charging ports don't they???!!!
I ordered from John Lewis on the 27th, it's now the 8th and my parcel has been lost in transit. I had to find this information my self, as John Lewis could not provide any tracking information, until supposedly Monday. It took 5 minutes for the courier to provide this information, which I passed on to John Lewis. I now have to wait another 48 hours for John Lewis to investigate this! WTH

DON'T SHOP AT JOHN LEWIS, I didn't even think to check the reviews and unfortunately if you're reading this you are probably part of the 69% of people that have left a 1* review.

Shocking, I've had parcel's come quicker from China but, John Lewis struggles with Packages from Milton Keynes.

AND to add petrol onto the fire John Lewis, has the worst customer service team I've dealt with they're all literally clueless. Don't bothering ringing, emailing etc. Hopefully, you bought on your credit card (which I didn't) and, I wouoe highly reconmend that you chase up your refund with them.

Also don't be, fooled by the replies John Lewis provides on these reviews it's a load of box ticking nonsense that may be, appealing to other customers.
Did not stand by their word!
Had a few issues checking out but resulted in a couple of days delay, other than that it was ok.
They continue to sell things online that they clearly do not have in stock! I bought Joe Malone perfume that was supposed to be here in 7 days and 10 days later you’ve not delivered or even emailed me to say it clearly not coming. When I called customer service she new immediately the issue with the supplier so why are you still saying it’s in stock on you’re website!! And I can’t be refunded despite this isn’t my fault until I get contacted by another team! I always shop with you I’m a loyal customer but I’m not buying anything from you again that I clearly can’t buy in store!! This happened last time as well with garden furniture last summer so you clearly never learn. Very disappointed.
Ordered a washer, came next day, delivery men even put it where i wanted it, brilliant service,
WELL DONE
I bought Ipad with extended warranty from John Lewis it stopped charging within warranty period and they asked me to send a picture. there was a scratch on the screen and they said sorry that scratch voids warranty . No damage to the port at all and the scratch had been there for a year before it stopped charging. I feel robbed as i paid slightly more that currys price attacted by extended warranty which does not exist any cosmetic crack voids warranty i wish i could put -5 on review

Order number 123715760
Excellent products and fantastic customer service!
10 days for deliveries on line and they can't even manage that

Customer service line is useless. The greedy bosses stopped paying the 'Partners' a bonus so all they get is low pay and no benefits. This would explain the indifference attitude of their staff

This is the last time I shall shop there.
No one responds to e-mails when trying to cancel a online order and it seems impossible to cancel online.
We had a delivery but the delivery involved entering our house and changing the freezer over. The men arrived but had no PPE, no masks.
They stated they both had asthma, but showed no sign of any breathing difficulty.
We decided seeing nearly a 1000 people died yesterday from Covid 19 that it would be safer to say no.
I do not believe John Lewis are a responsible or caring company and in fact to send employees that would be in our house for up to 20 mins without protection was putting us at risk. We are fairly elderly but the young die also from this terrible virus and they to were unprotected.
This is not a company that has ones welfare in mind.
Todays John Lewis is not the John Lewis of old it is seemingly run on completely different principles.
John Lewis is rated 2.79 based on 2,184 reviews