NewChic Reviews

NewChic have a Customer Happiness Grade of E. Customers are happy with their prices and customer service but are unhappy with their delivery and refunds. Full Insights

15% of reviewers recommend NewChic
1 New Reviews Written
07AM
7AM
Over a month
Live Chat, Email

How would you rate NewChic ?

"Your order comes directly from China and takes forever! Don't even consider ordering from this company. Although their prices are extremely low, their refund policy is a joke! Are taking pictures and such nonsense 3rd world country policies? I'm donating my clothes to charity that I wanted to return."
"It takes forever for delivery. One order has been on back order since ordering September 9. There are five items on the order, don't know which one is the back order. I wouldn't have ordered if I had known this up front. I really hope I didn't throw away the money. Probably will not order anything else, ever. There are lots of better choices out there. Pricing is not that much better than places with reasonable delivery and better customer service."
"I did a review a few days ago where I told you about being asked to photograph two shirts that were ordered and were too small. Though I stated in my chat with customer service that both shirts were too small, this did not get conveyed to the orders department. I received an email offering to give me a $20 coupon and one of my items at 1/2 price. I wrote back that this was not acceptable and I would not throw good money after bad. They wrote back again and offered to pay me back the full price of that one item. I responded that this was not acceptable by any online standards and that they should be refunding at least the full price of the two shirts. Again they responded. This time they did offer to return my money for both shirts and told me I did not need to return them. I checked Paypal today (1 day since the email) and they confirmed that they had received the return payment. I have upgraded my review by 1 star. They would get more if their sizing could be clearer. I will not order from them again because of this and it seems to be a common theme in most reviews of the company. However, I did want to tell people that, if you are persistent and explain the problem again to whoever sends you an email, you will at least be refunded for the problem. It took 3 emails but the refund was done promptly so I have upgraded my review to 3 stars."
"Strictly a scam. They take the money, you end up with nothing in the long run. A very LONG run. No customer service, no returns, poor quality, poor sizing. Should have read reviews before ordering. Shame on me. Why are they allowed online? STAY AWAY !!!!!!!"
"first - next to impossible to contact. second - ordered three pair of shoes, none fit. third - to return, cost almost as much as the cost of the shoes. have donated to charity. will NEVER order from you again & am telling everyone i know what a crappy company you are. obviously i,m not alone with this type of review. apparently you don't care - - why should you, you got the money."
"Although I followed the measurements online, the item I purchased was way to small. I did not want a refund, I wanted to exchange for a larger size. When I did an online chat, I confirmed in the first sentence that the item I purchased was sent in the size I ordered but that it didn't fit. They asked me to take pictures of the item with a tape measurement in the picture. This was a request I have never received from an website I ordered from but I complied and uploaded pictures to the chat. During this process, I was told the pictures weren't clear enough. At that point I asked why they needed pictures of their own product. They finally told me that they were confirming that what I ordered was sent and, no, they could not return my money or exchange the item. Since I had already told them they sent what I ordered, I was more than annoyed at the amount of hassle they put me through just to say they couldn't return my money. I will not order from them again and I would suggest anyone thinking about ordering to reconsider. There are no returns and their customer service is horrible."
"First of all, it took almost a month to receive my merchandise! They stated that my blouse I ordered was a US size 8 and in their size (China I suppose) was an XL. I ordered a size 8 which would be a medium in the US, when I finally received it was huge! It took me 2 days to even figure out how to contact them to return it, finally I did and the gave me a run around about returning it! I didn’t like the flimsy material it was made from and the size was their fault for not stating it correctly on the site! I was told to measure myself and send it to them and pay for the return shipping myself😤. UPS wouldn’t even accept the address I gave them so it looks like I am suck with something I cannot wear!!! BUYER BEWARE!!!!!!!!! I’m far from being done reviewing this company, people should be aware of where it’s shipping from and their poor customer service! Do not order from NewChic EVER!!!!"
"scam,scam,Scam,Scam, SCAM,SCAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There is nothing I can add to all of the other negative responses. They are all true. I just wish I was aware you could get a rating on this company before I made purchases. Avoid at all cost; you may find it costing you LOTS of mone!"
"Web item says order 1 size larger. These shoes are at least 2 sizes smaller. If I return the item, I get charged for shipping FROM and back to China. False advertising. Rip off."
"The shoes that I ordered did not fit my feet. In other cases of online shopping, one would just simply return for an exchange. But due to THEIR protocol, I ended up having a 1hr 50 min (ALMOST 2 HOURS!!) conversation with a representative over Live Chat to get 'permission' to send them back. In the chat, she required me to take photos of my feet with measurements to show my size. I didn't have anyone around to help me so I had to haphazardly take my measurements with a tape measure. At times, I had to sit down (If anyone knows about measuring for foot size, you have to do it standing up!). Needless to say, she argued that I ordered the wrong size and insisted that according to my photos I should've ordered 3 sizes smaller. However, in one photo I provided, I held the shoe up to my foot---clearly 3 size smaller would not have even FIT my foot, let alone my toes. She was basically telling me that I did not order the right size. I do believe I know my feet the best and know what sizes typically work for me. That was very unnecessary for her to say anything of the sort. The solution came down to her sending another pair of shoes (one size up). But I was required to pay for half the price of the shoe. I compared the price of shipping for the ill-fit shoes to be returned (because at this point I wanted them gone). It turned out to be cheaper to pay the half price. BuT then she tacked on the shipping. fees!! I said NO. She obliged by taking the shipping fees off. After paying for half of the price of the new shoes, I expect them to fit. And now I have these useless pair of shoes sitting in my home. And an experience to remember of someone telling me that I don't know my own feet. UGH. DO NOT BUY FROM THEM!"
"In the chat, she required me to take photos of my feet with measurements to show my size. I didn't have anyone around to help me so I had to haphazardly take my measurements with a tape measure. At times, I had to sit down (If anyone knows about measuring for foot size, you have to do it standing up!). Needless to say, she argued that I ordered the wrong size and insisted that according to my photos I should've ordered 3 sizes smaller. However, in one photo I provided, I held the shoe up to my foot---clearly 3 size smaller would not have even FIT my foot, let alone my toes. She was basically telling me that I did not order the right size. I do believe I know my feet the best and know what sizes typically work for me. That was very unnecessary for her to say anything of the sort. The solution came down to her sending another pair of shoes (one size up). But I was required to pay for half the price of the shoe. I compared the price of shipping for the ill-fit shoes to be returned (because at this point I wanted them gone). It turned out to be cheaper to pay the half price. BuT then she tacked on the shipping. fees!! I said NO. She obliged by taking the shipping fees off. After paying for half of the price of the new shoes, I expect them to fit. And now I have these useless pair of shoes sitting in my home. And an experience to remember of someone telling me that I don't know my own feet. UGH. DO NOT BUY FROM THEM!"
"After waiting a long, VERY long time I have received 5 of 7 items. Placed an order in early July, immediately received confirmed order information, and the credit card charges went through. By mid Aug 5 of 7 items have been received. All 5 items are poor, VERY poor quality. Approaching mid Sept and the remaining 2 items have not been received. When I disputed the charges with the credit card company, their Cardholder Member Services stated thay have gotten many complaints and claims this Hong Kong company. I can not recommend buying products from NewChic."
"Total rip off!!! Orders came in late. Once they arrived the XL shirts were more like XL for kids. My wife could not even get the shirts on. The shirts arrived super wrinkled and the material was nothing like the picture or advertised. I don’t know why Facebook allows them to advertise."
"I'm a fairly large woman, usually buying size 16-18 clothing; I saw their clothes ran small so I ordered larger...3X and 4X which is about as large as you can get and still the clothes were WAYYYYYY too small, like a size 10! Ridiculous. And of course returning them to China is out of the question, with the cost of postage. Never again."
"Received two bras size 42D and 42DD would fit maybe a person that wore a 36. Horrible return policy. You must first call an international number and show the product has a defect they will not return for size issues. This company is from China and not the US. Big Ripoff. I lost $50.00 to this company. Giving these to a charity so maybe someone can wear the bras. Please do not buy from NewChic."
"Ordered hat. It was never delivered. I was told to check with the post office."
"Thieves! We ordered shoes 3 weeks ago and no shoes no email responses. Don't order from this site! Thieves!!"
"I order two items and have not receive them ( one month age)don't know why they let them do business in the US. They should take them off the websit. Still waiting"
"Company has a return policy, but fails to tell you that to return just one item will cost you $150.00+! You pay for what you get: poor quality, poor workmanship, poor service."
"NewChic is a SCAM. Order 52724097 now over 3 weeks old and still not delivered. Tracking number they provided says "Item not found." Customer service website does not exist. DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THIS COMPANY."
NewChic is rated 1.73 based on 80 reviews