NewChic Reviews

Refunds Process
Difficult
Returns Process
Could Be Better

Tell us how NewChic made you happy
DO NOT DO BUSINESS HERE!!! Quality is terrible, shipping is slow. 30 day refunds are not worth the price you pay for shipping because you pay it twice. Shoes did not fit, not one pair out of 3. Express shipping is not express. Ended up donating them and getting 15.00 dollars refund out of a 77.00 bill.
I agreed to an order of US$339.19 on 2020-10-22 at 19:09:22. This payment was done through Paypal and showed success.

Within minutes the order was canceled (I wasn't aware yet, obviously) and it noted the stock was out. According to my multiple communications with NewChic they have now first said that they were unable to take the money as there was an issue from my side, but have now more recently actually noted they were restocking. This is only one of the lies, by the way.

6 minutes! after this order was canceled, they were apparently able to restock the virtual store shelves and without me putting through the amount and agreed to it, they placed exactly the same order at now took US$372.79.

I've been blamed for this too, by the way, saying I didn't apply the 15% coupon the second time. But I did not actually place the second order. I was in no way aware of the issue. Furthermore, if items are out of stock, you don't exactly place exactly the same stock order 6 minutes later.

So initially they said the issue was with the bank and the funds weren't available. Then they finally said it was because there was no stock (a screenshot shows it said because of stock from the beginning). Then they say it was the stock but I was apparently notified and must have replaced the order 6 minutes later (even knowing there isn't stock) and this time I did not apply the 15% coupon and now the amount is higher. So blaming me again.

Just to show this additional lie. My initial approved amount was $339.19. And now they have taken US$372.79. If it was me... again, then had I applied a 15% coupon to the exact same order and it had originally been US$372.79, then I would actually have only paid $316.87 initially.

So let's go a step further. The day after I actually placed the order, received the email, and then went to the new account (I've never ordered from them) and saw this fraudulent behavior, I tried to communicate to NewChic... but then there systems were being updated, or were under some sort of review. I was able to see everything, I could have buy products, but they could do nothing assist.

So when I'm finally able to get assistance, they now say the stock has been shipped and I should just accept it and then I can sort things out and send it back ... per their requirements, by paying for the shipping.

So this is the scam, right? They somehow were able to, within that 6 minute window, access my payments at paypal and take more money (there is probably a lovely little loophole here), and then when I noted the issue and before anything had been shipped, there system was offline (not for anyone who wanted to give them more money, of course), and now when I got information, the response went from:

1. It was your banks fault
2. Yes it was restocked but they could restock in 6 minutes
4. Oh no - I agreed to secondorder but I didn't apply the coupon to the same order (although this 15% coupon would have meant order was less)
5. Now saying it isn't really 15% coupon, it is up to 15%

And the lies will carry on. But this isn't acceptable. This isn't even about the order being wrong, or that I don't like the products. This is that even before I was able to do anything, this company stole from me. And their little chat interactions are just copy and pastes of what seem to be many complaints. They already have the book in hand.
My delivery took months to ship to me. When it was in country, you used an irresponsible courrier to deliver. He didn’t confirm the address for delivery number CNB6517230. I had many of my orders refunded because you didn’t have them in stock, and I didn’t know that there one was on the way. The courrier called me from my old address, and I told him to take the package to his boss and say that it was an old address. The courrier refused to do this and told me to pick it up at the old address which is 1.5 hours away from where I live. He refuses to answer my calls. He wouldn’t tell me the name of his courrier company. His number is 971 55 859 0741. Please refund this order to me. The request field on your website only allows 200 characters, so I am putting my complaint here.
I guess I’m the lucky one. I have bought many items from New Chic. I agree the quality is not the best. But I’ll say it’s relatively ok with the cheap price. I love the colorful boots I bought two winters ago. Because of the quality, I always buy for in home wear. Some of the maxi dresses are pretty enough to go shopping. It does take a long time for delivery unless you are willing to pay
extra. I have received every item ordered. I used online chat too. They responded right away and resolved problem quickly. I don’t doubt the bad reviews from other buyers. They must have bad experiences. I’m puzzled now!! The reviews make me think twice to place next order.
False advertising. I just saw an ad on newchic with a photo that I recognize as a knitting pattern - not a finished product for resale. The shawl being sold is not available for sale. I don't know what they will send people who order this, but it definitely will not match the photo.
Buyer beware !!
This is online crime facilitated by Google. Nicely presented, apparently tasteful products (from the online images), draw the customers in. The reality is revealed on delivery - the poorest quality, flimsiest fabric imaginable. I ordered several tops for my wife - they are unwearable; indeed, the quality is so poor I would be embarrassed to donate them to the local charity store !!

In light of the volume of consumer dissatisfaction, why does Google continue to allow New Chic to advertise with them (and thereby facilitate international racketeering) ?

As others have highlighted, this is a cynical operation which defrauds consumers and makes it exceedingly difficult for them to obtain compensation and redress.
Don’t use Newchic. 30 day returns policy, customer pays, ok so far. But they only accept returns sent to China. For me £55 coat, returns cost £45. Eventually they offer a 50% refund if you keep the item, even if it’s too small, or you just don’t want it. BTW. THEY deliver to you from Leicestershire.
I have read through to page 28 of the reviews so you don't have to... 99% from their tone is one of anger, especially that they have to click on one star just to comment. The real rating would be close to zero.

It seems that I am one of the lucky ones to receive my order, but all the rest is bad news.

I started with a $29.99 pair of shoes. Ok that's $27 for the seller and $3 GST, that sounds fair enough. But then that's $50 Australian, and you get to the check out and there's $20 delivery so suddenly a $27 item has become $70. For that money you could walk into Kmart and pick up 3 pairs of cheap sneakers.

But you tell yourself that this has to be better than Kmart quality so you give it a go just to see.
When you do receive the product, as I did, but it doesn't fit the description and doesn't fit the foot (through no error on your part) but because they misrepresented the product... then you are going to be p****d off.

The shoe is tacky, flimsy, light weight, and doesn't fit at any size including the maximum size available. What you think is a lace up, leather men's outdoor shoe is more like a slip on indoor ballerina's shoe that wont fit even if you butcher them with a pair of scissors.
And if you could get them to fit you'd be too embarrassed to wear them in public because they look the way they look... a pathetic cheap imitation of something expensive.
Well 2 days after ordering from Newchic.com, my apple.id started to get notifications that someone in china was attempting to access my apple account. That was super scary. Now I get daily emails from Newchic that I cant stop, there is no way to get out of these daily spam emails. Plus the item never appears to actually ship. Sort of giving up on receiving it. Not happy at all. How to stop those emails, you get an option to stop certain kinds of emails, but not the daily spam.
I have made an order in August, today 14th of October I still wait the last tranche arriving. They split the order in three tranches. Then,
when the first parcel arrived was very delusional. Cheap quality, awful clothes from the cheapest Chinese fabrics and design. Save your money and time because what you see on the website are photos and videos edited, the reality is much different.
I ordered a pair of shoes that looked great online, but they were terrible in person. I don't normally write reviews, but my whole experience really upset me. When my shoes came in the mail, I was surprised to see how cheap/ugly they looked. I immediately decided that I wanted to return them, as they were such bad quality. I attempted to contact customer service on their online chat, which was terrible. Then through email, Newchic tells me to send the return to Hong Kong China, which is ridiculous! That won't be worth it, since that will obviously cost more than what I paid for the shoes. When I asked for a USA return address, they couldn't provide one. So do with that information what you will, but I won't be ordering from this company again. If I was smart, I would have read these reviews online prior to purchasing. But alas, I was scammed.
it is another case of being ripped of by extra customs charges to which was never mentioned in there selling adverts. when i conted the live chat the customer serice people there where a complete waste of time and effort (ALORA)by name if that exists it was like talking to a computer all you get is a pre programed reply. keep well clear of this shambolic setup not WORTH YOUR TIME you will be dissapointed and let down
Before I buy anything online I look at the reviews and when I find one bad review I do not order and I believe all the 4 and 5 star ratings plus the good comments are false.
What I found with all of these online shoe companies that they all carry pretty much the same shoes that the other companies/competitors carry. I get one one website and look at shoes then to another....same shoes...
I gave this site one star only because I had to so I could commen
Modern day thieves!!
I paid £30 for a "chunky knit" cardigan. A month later, a scrawny rag drops through the door. Shocking company!!
Received an order but was disappointed with the quality. Have been trying for over a month to get a refund label and information as to how to proceed.
Newchic take months to send orders, if they send them at all. Their website is confusing especially in regard to contacting them to chase up undelivered goods. I had one order cancelled without refund or explanation, after waiting four months for it. I would advise people to steer well clear of this company, they're neither honest nor professional.
I bought shoes online, it was completely different to what it looked online that it could be classified as catfishing. I had to just throw it away as they wouldn't even let me get a refund and to return it, so that was big money wasted. I do not recommend New Chic ever
This behavior is criminal. They hide bazar policy about sending the ACTUAL size you order. They effectively stole over $100 from me because I cannot wear the shoes I ordered & they will not rectify this situation!! I'm not asking for anything extra....ONLY WHAT I PAID FOR!!!!
Your shipping time frame of 10 - 45 days is totally ridiculous. The fact that my order has been ready for logistic collection for a week is unacceptable. The customer service (in chat) is useless and won't do anything other that say my item has shipped which it has not it has been labeled but until FedEx picks it up from their facility and scans it into their system it is still in the NewChic warehouse possession "awaiting logistics collection". when it has been waiting for logistics collection this long usually means that something has gone wrong. I understand that there may be delays in shipping while in transit a delay getting into the hands of the carrier is a problem with Newchic shipping department. I asked the customer service rep to contact the logistics team to make sure there is nothing wrong with my order but he refused and kept trying to reassure me that it has shipped and that he can't do anything until the shipping period has expired. Horrible, Horrible, Horrible. I haven't even received my item yet and I am already expecting them to be less than what I expected. I really was excited for the shoes I ordered but this experience has certainly change my attitude. When/if I receive my item I will most likely close my account.
NewChic is rated 1.14 based on 553 reviews