Currys PC World IE Reviews

of reviewers recommend Currys PC World IE

Tell us how Currys PC World IE made you happy
Absolutely awful experience with Currys. I went into a store to look at fridge freezers for my new home. I explained to the staff member that it would be a couple of months before I could receive delivery as the house was being built; she told me that was fine. I paid in full. Unfortunately construction was shut down shortly after due to covid so my house was delayed. I received a text every now and then with a new delivery date but each time I rang Currys customer service and (after a bit of an arduous process trying to get through etc) got them to push back the delivery. All fine and no mention of an issue. I received a missed call from the store itself two weeks ago on a Sunday; I called the number back but there was no answer. I figured if there was anything important they would have left me a voicemail so I didn't think any more of it. Heard no more until yesterday, when I received a snotty voice message from a staff member in the shop advising me that they had tried to call me a few times without success and that they needed me to come in to the shop so they could refund my cancelled order. If they didn't hear back from me within "24-48 hours", they would refund me via a gift card in the post. I rang them back immediately and was told that they can no longer provide the item. I explained that I had paid for it in full and asked how they now cannot provide it; she could tell me only that they won't get any more of the fridges and they don't have one held for me. She told me the cancelled order is causing a system error for them and so I have to come in to the shop as they can't refund me without having my payment card there in person. I explained that I don't live in the county I had been in when I purchased it in and, due to covid restrictions on inter-county travel, I can't get to the shop for at least two weeks. She told me they wouldn't wait that long and would put the price on a gift card. I stated that under no circumstances did I want it on a gift card, I wanted the fridge I had ordered or my money back. She offered me the display model at a reduced price as an alternative. I arranged for a family member to go to the shop to collect my refund in cash, and I asked them to look at the display model while there, as I would have taken it if it was in good nick. It had a large scratch on the front, which hadn't been mentioned when I was offered it over the phone. My money was refunded but there was nothing by way of an apology or any effort towards goodwill- so basically the store had my €1400 for four months and made me feel like a nuisance when THEY had to cancel my order and refund it. I've heard a lot of bad about this company but can't believe that paying in full for something doesn't hold it for you, or that at least someone couldn't have given me a call to say they were running low on stock, something. The attitude is dreadful and the nonsense about how they tried to call me so many times, I don't believe. Also, my email address was also on my order and no one tried that! I will never step foot in a Currys store again, I can only caution people not to trust them!
Worst customer service. I bought a 75 inch Sony TV from Galway Headford branch and asked the sales person to include a kit insurance to cover accidental breakage. The guy first tried to add the cover and then said to me there is currently 'a glitch' in their system so he is not able to add the insurance for now, but he then assured me that their system will be fixed in a couple of days and I can come back any time to buy insurance as I have 45 days to buy cover from the date I bought the TV. However, it has been 5 weeks now and I visited their store 5 times (they can't be contacted via phone) but to absolutely no avail. Nobody in store was interested to properly talk to me, and no one seems to be in charge. I wouldn't have bought the TV with no insurance if I had known the issue can't be fixed in the first place. Very unprofessional and bad experience overall and I strongly would NOT recommend doing business with Currys.
They call themselves, Team Know How - know how to irrate and frustrate, appalling customer service. Trying to get a refund since February. When I get through to customer service, give them my reference number, they ask me to hold and then dropped the call, this has happened 7 times! No replies to my emails. Like a previous review, I'd give them a minus score if I could.
If I could give 0 stars I would! I bought earphones for my nephew for Christmas which were faulty. Contacted Curry’s “customer care” on January 1st. It is now almost April & I am still waiting for a refund. They have promised that DPD would contact me to arrange collection of items twice, I have heard nothing. I will never spend another cent with this company. All requests for a call from management are ignored. They are a disgrace.
Have made multiple calls for collection of items to be returned... To date no satisfaction or collection
Cannot talk to an actual person on the phone. Worst customer ''care'' ever!
My delivery was handled to someone else without my permission and went missing 20 days ago, as far as I know if I miss the delivery a letter should be left not the product. Till today a investigation is running and everytime I contact them no one has a proper answer to explain what or why it happened ans whats the solution. Plus a TERRIBLE customer service!
So far.. ordered a dishwasher which claimed in stock and fast delivery. Money immediately taken from my account. Not 1 confirmation that the order was received/processed etc. Normally this is immediate! Called the next evening and was told (after a decent wait) that my order was received, seemed to be in stock and that I will be informed what next steps are in due course. I explained a level of urgency. The agent could not say when it would be delivered or even when I would hear from them. So I wait. Then I get the email saying I have ordered the dishwasher together with an order number and link to check status. I check the status and guess what.. the order could not be found. An absolute waste of my time... now I guess I call again? Order elsewhere and don’t waste your time here
Do Not order from Currys PC World- Ordered a Laptop online early Feb, delivery was prompt but it was DOA. It was collected very quickly but now I have nothing. No follow up, no advice as to what is happening. I have to ring every day and go through hoops of their awful automated customer service to find out what is happening. I will never order from them again.
Order a coffee machine on the 29th of January, was told it was delievered by dpd on the 3rd of feb after contacting dpd 8times and curries 6 times with no response from either i am still missing the coffee machine
worst experience with customer service!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i have been trying to contact and get an order refunded for over a month. i am now being told i cant return my item because i am just outside the 21 day window. seems like they will avoid your emails until you are pushed outside the return window.
Do not buy from currys!! Worst customer service ever! Sold me a product that was not fit for purpose. I was waiting for months for replacement. I've had to buy a new one. Now they will not collect broken item and give me a refund!
Question. Can you be discriminated for your health problems in Ireland? Of course you can! Especially when you meet the Joe manager of the store in pc currys blanch. On the entry of the store he stopped me as I didn't have a mask (beacouse of my health problems) and he ask me to wear one. I told him that I'm exempt from wearing a masks. So he asked for any proof. That's not a problem as I have it in my phone. The problem here is- only garda can ask for my personal data and no one else. And even though I didn't have any problem showing this to him I told him that he shouldn't ask for my personal data (GPDR) but he answered that he's a manager and he can do whatever he want. So I'm telling you mr. Joe the manager that toy can't do as you please. And I'm gonna complaint on you in couple of places for going against couple of basic human rights. And if I enter the store next time and I'll be stopped the same way then I'm going to bring it to the court!! I was in pc currys sword the same day and in harvey norman and there was totally no problem. So what next mr. Joe manager? You're gonna force people without masks to wear a red ribbon in the store like nazis in WWII were doing? Or you will not let them in just beacouse they health is not as you wish? Are you kind of gestapo or SS? At the end I entered the store but Joe the manager was telling all his work colleagues to avoid me and pointing his finger at me, once again discriminating me for health issues. PC currys please you need to work on such discriminating behaviour!!
DO NOT SPEND A CENT WITH CURRYS/ PC WORLD I purchased a washing machine on Jan 27th, on the basis that it would be delivered in 5 days... as explicitly stated on the Currys website. I received a text a week later to say it would be delivered and installed on Feb 19th. Guess what? I still haven't seen the washing machine. I've spent an hour of my time on hold to customer services this week, another hour getting talked down to by people in customer services who couldn't care less and tell you any old story to get you off the phone. Worst of all, if I visit the website today, I could order that same washing machine and it will still show me delivery within 5 days... so some other poor fool will also get scammed.
I bought a dyson on 17 January 2021 Today is 15 February and still no delivery was made Customer service hang up the phone I don't even know what to do to get my product anymore Really poor customer service This was the last time to buy anything from Currys Pc World Probably I need to take legal action at this stage
The worst service. I placed an order, it didn't arrive. I did receive information with a tracker number but it never progressed so I called. I was told that 3 individual parcels would arrive starting today. Of course the parcel didn't arrive so I called back to find out that I was "misinformed"and they had no idea when my order would be delivered. Had I known the order was coming from the UK, I would not have placed the order but I didn't know that because I placed an order on Currys.ie with a delivery date. I had to cancel the order. I'm not waiting on a whenever. I'm starting college next week and I needed this order. An absolute disgrace. It's now 15th February and Curry's are refusing to process a refund because they have not received the items back from DPD. Nobody will help on either side. Curry's should refund me and be in contact with DPD as they engaged them as their courier.
This has to be the worst company for customer service. Ordered a mac book over a month ago, still no delivery. Unable to find out when or if we can get refund. Calls being droped. My advise , do not order anything online from this lot. Never again
Samsung watch on irish site advertised as having Samsung pay. However, its not supported in Ireland. They won't answer customer service phone and haven't replied to 3 emails so I couldn't even return it. Shocking service. Never again.
Worst company ever will never buy of them again. Customer service hangs up the phone when waiting. iv been badly treated for the 2nd time not worth the hassle. Go else we’re hope they go out of business soon.
Ordered Mac book 3rd January. Told it was on way. Had follow up emails confirming. Had email from DPD saying it was on way. Had multiple emails from curry’s looking for feedback and stars on their service. Then 3 weeks later an apology email saying due to all the Brexit mess the order was cancelled and within 24 hours we’d have an email confirming cancellation and refund. Here we are a week later with nothing- no Mac book, no email confirming cancellation, no refund. Emails go unanswered. Phone calls go unanswered or if you get an answer, its rude or they pass the book. I’ve now moved onto the credit card company to request a charge back... that’ll take time to be resolved and who is in a position to pay out more while this is being resolved and we await the refund? And we needed the MacBook when we ordered it a month ago. Abysmal and brutal/nonexistent customer service. NEVER AGAIN!!
Currys PC World IE is rated 1.32 based on 73 reviews