DC Law Reviews

of reviewers recommend DC Law

Tell us how DC Law made you happy
Worst solicitors on earth. Never attend phone call. No reply to emails.
I have just pulled out of a much-wanted purchase 15 weeks down the line (!!!) because of this shower. Staggered that they are allowed to practise given the litany of contempt and incompetence peppered throughout these reviews. Not funny - they are impacting on people's lives in an enormous way. They were not even my legal team, but that of the sellers of the property I REALLY wanted to buy. They have basically titted around for 15 weeks and I am done with them. I feel sorry for the next buyer of the property if the sellers stick with them. The next unwitting buyers have an undoubted ride of months of disdainful non-reaction to anything their legal teams ask of DC Law. They should, quite simply, be struck off.
No communication at all, will leave things to the last minute and will not talk to me direct always via email and they will miss important information that you have provided. Would not recommend at all.
DO NOT USE THIS FIRM. If I could have given no stars I would have. They lost us the cash sale of a house due to their incompetence. Both ourselves and the buyer emphasised we wanted a quick sale. Their was absolutely no correspondence between us, if you phoned for progress they were either on holiday, working from home with no internet or the case had been passed on to someone else who had no knowledge of the case or progress of it. Because of the length of time it took - an email wasn't opened for three weeks - the buyer pulled out. We then found out that when the property was eventually put onto their system it wasn't made live so no action could be taken. We have received no apology or feedback from DC Law about their handling of this.
Appalling service & a litany of disaster. No contact from conveyancer for over 4 months despite all documents being provided by me within a couple of days of engaging their services . All my e-mails received an automatic response that the conveyancer was on leave even though the date for return to work had been exceeded. While that message was eventually changed, the lack of response continued. Telephone messages were not responded to. Ultimately, the buyer contacted me directly to find out what was happening and whether everything had fallen through. The buyer's solicitors had received no papers from DC Law. I eventually had to contact the estate agent to get it to put pressure on as they had recommended it as their preferred supplier. The excuses given ranged from working from home with no access to a photocopier, the files were too big to transmit, the PC had not signalled that the files had not been transmitted, no access could be provided to DC Law's IT system even with client permission so that they could download the documents directly. There was no response to the suggestion that I could have been asked to provide them on paper and sent them by post which would have taken less than 4 (by then 5) months. When the documents were eventually photocopied and sent they were incomplete and some weeks later had to be resent. For one document theoretically sent to the buyer's solicitor giving replies to questions, a blank document was uploaded to me via DC Law's IT system so that I still do not know to this day whether a reply was actually sent. The IT system was rarely updated so that estimated conclusion dates were often months out of date. Documents relating to identity etc were still shown as being unchecked on the date of actual conclusion. Documents relating to a separate purchase were uploaded to the IT file for the sale. Calls and e-mails from the conveyancer that should have related to the sale were devoted to the purchase. Letters uploaded to me from DC Law referred to enclosures that were not enclosed. Conclusion dates came and went with no news. Even contact with the conveyancer's supervisor and subsequently with the supervisor's hierarchical superior led to no change. While I appreciate that the coronavirus and tax changes have complicated matters, we have all had to adjust and keep our businesses operating smoothly (for all that for some there has been Brexit too) to avoid losing clients except, apparently, DC Law. I find it difficult to believe the over 80% satisfaction rating on trust pilot given the number of experiences similar to mine relating to DC Law on a number of other sites which makes me wonder about flagging!
Never use avoid at all cost !! Useless read reviews the positives are paid for they are fake ! Please no one ever deal with this company !! Ever avoid ! Disgusting how many estate agent recommends them !! utter crooks
D c law is handling the sale of a property we are buying. We are 6 months into it now, d c law are unhelpful, don’t answer emails from my solicitor and are now refusing to answer phone calls from the actual seller! They have had questions raised from the searches for 2 months and still not answered them. Our mortgage offer had expired while waiting for d c law to do the job they are paid for but luckily we have got a short extension on the expiry date. We have no faith in d c law, terrible service and attitude
Everything Boiler room conveyancing at its ugly worst
No communication nearly lost sale in chain due to their utter incompetence boiler room conveyancers ru by idiots solely interested in making money purple bricks should be brought to book for recommending them utter disgrace.
My experience with DC Law has been terrible, I would never normally leave a review but I would not want anyone to suffer what I have. I wish I had read reviews before using them, there are many truthful reviews online (albeit a lot have been hidden or removed). As I upload this review today it is incredibly shocking to note that there are 30 1* reviews uploaded in the past month alone; I would encourage everyone to listen and take note of them. I used DC Law for my conveyance as a first-time buyer 6 years ago. At the time I had nothing to comment on and I presumed and trusted the conveyance had been handled as per the service I paid them for. 5 years later I receive an unnamed letter from my Ground Rent company stating I had 5 years worth of bills to pay. I thought this was a scam and contacted the company for an explanation. They explained they had never been aware by my conveyancer (DC Law) that I was now the owner of the property and I would need to pay the fees. I contacted DC Law and they admitted they had not informed the company when the conveyance was completed out and then proceeded to do so then (five years late)! This case in the end had to go to the Legal Ombudsmen and ended up costing me another £600 in fee’s. The management at DC Law were absolutely terrible; not particularly approachable or responsive, rarely replied to my emails without me sending a follow up and never once answered my phonecalls. It has been an extremely stressful process trying to sort out, in my opinion the negligence caused by DC Law which has left me with financial difficulties and anxiety. I cannot stress enough that DC Law should be avoided at all costs.
Used this company to deal with a simple sale of empty house to first time buyer. Found them bad at replying to e mails, and phone messages, and the member of staff appointed to me seem show total lack of interest in making sure that completion took place before the purchasers mortgage offer expired. When I asked to speak to their Manager told they were working from home, but told they did not take calls at home...To me that is not "Working", thats just at home....... Completion finally took place half an hour before the deadline for the expiry of the mortgage offer, but only after other parties involved contacted the Manager. I would never use this company again
The negative reviews would give a more accurate and balanced picture of this firm, however they have flagged 99% of their negative ones in the last 12 months leading to 108 of the 134 negative reviews being removed by Trust Pilot. This We sold our property in October and had offer accepted on another in November. To date we have not completed either as at March with DC Law are handling both sale and purchase. As every negative review has said, there is zero communication, not to emails, phone calls from their clients or other parties' solicitors. No remorse and no rectification, no progress. We are now at risk of mortgage offer expiry and having to restart that process! Please do yourself a favour and ask why a reputable company would flag 99% of their negative reviews! I wish I had read this before I got conned by the estate agent into using DC Law. You have been warned. Avoid DC Law at all costs.
INCOMPETENT! Stay away from them I may be missing something here but I can not understand why DC law has a score of 4 stars despite the reviews about them are so negative? DC Law was suggested to me by my estate aegent. What a big mistake... It was to be a simple purchase for me as a cash buyer with no mortgage and no chain at all. I instructed DC Law in early september 2019 and things got very slow. The conveyancers changed at least three times and I was sent the wrong forms to sign. It was difficult to speak to the person dealing with my purchase to check why nothing was happening. It took 4 months to complete the purchase. After completion I had to keep chasing them to register my property with the Land Registry office which they have failed to do. It took another 5 months to have it done. After all that, I have now received a penalty of £100 from the Welsh Revenue authority for a late tax exempt registration. Ben Clency was the one mostly dealing with my case, despite a phone call and his promise to settle the fine nothing has been done yet and he does not answer my phone calls. My conclusion is, DC Law is cheap for a reason. They deal with bulk clients and work slow because they can not handle the load. If you were to check employee reviews at DC Law, you will understand why. Their employees are not happy which explains their very poor performance.
They don’t even deserve the star Do not get involved with DC LAW! We were given to them by Purple Bricks The whole process from selling to purchasing a property has been a total nightmare They do not return the calls Answer to emails Or inform you of anything that is going on 80 calls were made one day to even try and get someone to answer Who can not help you Had no contact with our case handler It’s like you don’t exist So unless you enjoy being emotionally abused and stressed then go ahead Otherwise stay away from DC Law No point in asking to speak to the manager again no response This review is from a paying client Who is still being left without answers
Terrible terrible service. Call centre conveyancing at its worst. Quick to turn blame towards clients (the bill payer) treat clients as if it's a free service. My advice is to instruct a properly qualified solicitor and stay clear of these Z rate inepts.
Took 6 months to complete with NO CHAIN. Not only that, but made a 'typo' (Lauren Hay), and the monies were paid to the wrong party. Complaint been made, and they now just ignore this very expensive mistake! Absolutely bloody useless bunch! And they don't taken any responsibility for their mistakes, and do not get back to you when they are wrong!
Took 12 for sale. No chain No mortgage needed. Wrong forms sent twice. First 2/3 Sarah was ok with us then she passed out case to Barry. He never answered phone calls or emails. Sarah never answered phone or emails either after 3 week. She blamed the buyers solicitor. That was s lie, it was dclaw holding everything up. We nearly lost the sale. It went on for 4 weeks longer than it should have done. Woujfnot recommend them. Ignorant company Southport.
DC Law, Southport. Very poor service. They spent 5 months to complete a straight forward cash house purchase with no chain involved. Poor time keeping and kept in the dark. I was sent incorrect forms to sign. My case lawyers changed regularly so I was dealing with different people. One lady dealing with my case at the time was rood. It seems to me that they deal with a lot of people so can not do the job on time. They didn't bother sending the application to land registry and change the register on to my name for 3 months after completion. I had to phone them up and chase them. They were recommended to me by my estate agents, FBM of Milford haven. Do not use DC Law if you want a quick hassle free purchase.
We recently went through a very complex house sale and purchase. It was very stressful but they handled it well!
DC Law is rated 1.32 based on 19 reviews