YOPA Reviews

of reviewers recommend YOPA
Over A Week
Read YOPA Reviews

02030957000

Tell us how YOPA made you happy
I was unimpressed with this company. We viewed a house with them and put in a very good offer and explained that we were in a very good position to move. The sellers seemed enthusiastic about us; but the local agent had other ideas. He gave the impression to us that he wanted to sell the house to first time buyers rather than buyers who had sold a property. Not sure why really. He had first time buyers lined up to view who put in a much lower offer but got the property any way. Obviously it was the seller’s choice but it was very clear from the conversation we had with the agent that he had heavily influenced the seller’s decision. He made some excuses why the first time buyers had been the choice but it was clear that he had really down played our situation to make the others seem a better option. It felt very underhanded and we wondered whether he had known the other buyers. I would be very unhappy as a seller if I thought an agent was not putting my interests first and I really don’t think he was tbh.
Booked Yopa to come and value the property as we were considering putting it on the market or renting it out. Jennifer came and made herself very comfortable in the house and convinced us to put the property on the market with her as she "had a buyer that would definitely want the house" and she also said that we would get a £100 Amazon voucher too. It took her weeks and various ignored text messages, emails and voicemails to her to arrange for her buyer to even view the property and even more phone calls to address any feedback which was, all lies. Had a buyer put in an offer and Jennifer said she would attempt to negotiate the price. I discovered from the potential buyer's that she was ignoring their attempts to get in touch which resulted in me doing it myself. Asked for the pictures to be updated as I'd done internal and external work on the house since putting it on the market. I was promised they would be updated in 24 hours. One week later there was no movement and I had to play the chasing game with her once again. Decided to take the property off the market as the whole process with YOPA/Jennifer was so unbelievably stressful. I would never recommend them to anyone.
PLEASE PLEASE AVOID this company at all costs. They made us struggle ALOT, especially the estate agent that worked with us. The property we were looking to buy was delayed for 9 MONTHS, because of the foolishness of the company. In that time we tried to view other houses and one we were interested in was from the same company and the agent didn’t let us view it. The agent forced us to wait for longer. After 9 months he just passed on the deal to his co worker. At the end we didn’t even end up buying that house and the agent had ZERO communication. It is truly the most horrible agency!! PLEASE AVOID! THANK YOU.
Was interested in a house which turned out to be already under offer. They phoned to tell me this and this call transformed into a hard sales pitch to try and market my flat. I wasn't interested as the contract length is insane (about 4 times longer than other agents). Anyway from that day I get about 3-4 calls a day, never leaving a message or emailing. Pretty much harassment.
Avoid like the plague!!!!! Avoid like the plague!!!!! What ever you do, do not use this company to represent you, or use them to sell your property!!! Be warned people, the scammers have more ethics than this company!!! You cannot get through to the ‘call centre’ if you are lucky, you will be waiting in excess of 10 minutes. I know, I’ve been testing the numbers to dial, direct and through the rightmove link, and check what they say about my property, each time saying it’s sold! When it’s clearly not! Forget the 7 day a week operation too that’s promised, as I found out when they are now not open on Sunday’s, another lie! They will try and sign you up to their preferred solicitors, avoid again, as they are hugely over priced, and try to charge you more than what’s quoted, as well as make huge, incorrect assumptions about your property, scary when you think they are supposedly legal representatives. I’ve tried to raise this with the local ‘agent’ to be told the call centre is nothing to do with him, I would have thought as the customer facing yopa representative, the sloping shoulder behaviour, to move onto another victim is ever present. I’ve raised this issue multiple times to the local yopa ‘agent’ a better description would be cowboys! I am generating more viewing on my own property direct, using social media, than the muppets from yopa! I’m also getting people knocking on my door, as well as posting contact details through my door, asking to view the property, as they either can’t get through to yopa, no call backs, or if lucky enough to get through, being told it’s sold! I have raised this multiple times with both the local agent, and the yopa ‘call centre’ being told that this is resolved, far from it I’m afraid, as each day I carry out test calls, wasting hours of my day waiting to get through, to be told the same messages again, the property is sold!!!! I’ve raised yet another complaint, explaining they yopa are in breach of the contract I have signed, for the services expected, to be told, well you have signed an agreement, again I have explained that yopa are not providing their side of the agreement, and I want it cancelling!!!! Please, what ever you do, DO NOT sign up with these people, is the biggest CON ever!!!!!!
Absolute rubbish.. The reason you see good reviews is because they make you press 5* as you sign up with them.. Con..No effort, No viewings, Payment up front.. just burning your money.. I swear they were setting up a fake viewing as i went to leave too... and now i can't get my house key back.
Wish I'd found this site before using Yopa unscrupulous is what I would call them my word of warning don't use them
I honestly wish I had found this site before agreeing to market my property with Yopa. I am sure there are agents working with Yopa who do offer a great service, but speaking from experience I would NOT recommend Yopa to anybody. Alarm bells starting ringing when a few people viewing our home mentioned negative experiences with our agent, but I gave her the benefit of the doubt. I really wished I had listened at this point because it became quickly apparent how bad the Yopa service was. We never received floor plans, even though this is in the contract and even though the agent took measurements etc at our appointment. Still to this day, after chasing repeatedly, we do not have floor plans. Our property is current SSTC and once this occurs Yopa no longer have any contact with you until the day you pay their fee. So basically you pay for them to complete an advert of the property and once you agree sale you never hear from them again. You will receive an email once price is agreed and that informs you that you will hear from Yopa every 4 weeks.....never happened! Trying to contact your local agent is physically impossible and I wish everybody luck trying to do so. The only positive of using Yopa is the online hub and the fact you can manage your own viewings. Apart from that I have nothing else positive to say and would ask people really think about using this company! They do not care about customer service and are only interested until you accept an offer on your home, after that you are on your own and good luck trying to contact them. I would not recommend this company to my worst enemy!
My mother viewed a house, and put an offer in for the asking price on the same day. She then was pushed up £10,000 on the price, over the next fortnight where all communication was through the homeowner not the agents. She was then kept in limbo for a week and the homeowner advised her the ‘Agent will let her know’. This caused my mother a significant amount of stress due to the lack of communication. She was so anxious she couldn’t bare to call the estate agents in the end. We only found out through Rightmove that the property was sold STC. A terrible experience with Yopa, completely unprofessional and I’d avoid them like the plague/COVID-19 in future.
Went to view a property . Was promised they would forward details of repair quotes etc. heard nothing . Then saw that the property had sold without being able to make an offer. I pity the owners missing out on perhaps higher bids. Strange .... unprofessional
Pests, they keep ringing me and I have asked them to leave me alone. They offer a rubbish service too. Do not go near them and don't let them have your details they are harder to get rid of than head lice and less welcome.
Totally disinterested local agent, who didn't follow up viewings, in fact, seemed unaware viewings were happening, no interest in anything I had to say, just told me I was wrong, and when I started a complaints procedure, he lied and claimed he had phoned viewers and relayed info to me. Not true. Office agent phoned ONCE in 3 months out of the blue telling me house was too expensive for area and advised me to cut a HUGE chunk off the price. She said she needed to sell my property to make her KPI look good. DON'T use Yopa...... just don't. They are dishonest, and if you make the mistake of paying up front, like I did, they will only contact you to get you to lower the price, for their benefit, not yours. Appalling. I cannot exaggerate how bad they are.
2nd time round to review this garbage! The illiterate at Yopa requested my last review should be blocked as they claimed it was offensive. I'd beg to differ. It was a true representation of my personal experience. In which case, here it is again for another go round. Looking to pay through the nose and list your home on the property market with an advert written by a blind kid aged 5? Look no further (no pun intended) ! Adverts are fraught with grammatical errors, inconsistencies and accompanied by a floor plan more distant from the truth than a child minding advert by Ian Huntly claiming he's good with kids. Find it necessary to complain and you'll be transferred to the resolutions team. Don't hold your breath! Learn to play a wood instrument and when you finally make it to performing live in the Albert Hall, they'll get back to you. Albeit not before you've been passed around more people than an STI in an orgy. Wait a further 10 days after that and you'll be transferred to somebody else on the resolutions team before you receive a phone call from Coco the Clown himself. I can only imagine that the 6 year old blind kid that created your advert in the first place has a substantially higher IQ than the cretin you are put in touch with. With an educated guess, I'd say that these parasites are scamming more cash from the general public than all of those losers who purchased toilet roll and hand sanitiser to sell on at outrageously hiked up prices during these testing times. On the bright side though, next week, I could be dead. On a serious note, if you value your property and your cash, use a real estate agent.
I viewed a house with Yopa agent in London. We liked it and put an offer forward 2 days later. The agent didn't particularly liked my offer. He never called me back to tell me whether it was accepted or rejected. After 2 weeks of waiting to hear back, I called up the central Yopa office and they told me they are not aware of my offer! ARE YOU KIDDING? AGENT NEVER COMMUNICATED MY OFFER TO SELLERS. This is completely against the law! Agents are obligated to communicate any offers they receive. While this one just disappeared from face of the earth, doesn't return my calls or emails. Honestly wtf?
I keep getting emails from these people, have blocked them and unsubscribe from Sertac Ali
Stay away from this company if you are a buyer... Ive booked a view and it got confirmed, the day before it, the rappresentative asked me to send my mortgage principle ageeement (IPA) as requested by the seller. Ive explained them they have no rights to have such a private document between the lender and myself at this stage (even before view the house!!!). I also explained if i would ever make an offer and get accepted, then i would have no problem to share it. The vendor decided to cancel the view because of that. Ive wrote them explaining my concernes and they replied that for some sellers is normal to ask such a document prior to the first view to avoid to have people with no enough money..... This is a good way to attract seller where the rappresentative would tell the seller(even if they say they wouldnt) how much money they could squeeze out from a buyer after have seen the IPA so they both benefit from the situatiom This company disgust me...... Stay away if you are a buyer!!
Total waste of time. Came around valued my property and said it would sell above that price very quickly. Four months later only 4 viewings which were never followed up and no offers, yet everything else around here selling quickly. Very little contact except for requests to reduce the price. Have told them not to market my property any longer as I'm going to use a reputable local agent who seems to have no difficulty in selling properties. Four months wasted.
No follow up. Poor customer service. Automated telephone service. No humane touch. Complete waste of time as a buyer. AVOID YOURSELF DISAPPOINTMENT!!
Very poor attention service from both the customer services and our personal agent. Our house, in North Cambridgeshire, has been for sale with them for almost 9 months and we hardly had any viewings or received feedback thereafter. I repeatedly asked my agent to alter some photos on the listing which he didn't do until after numerous times of texting him he slso made mistakes on the listing information, resulting in us chasing him up to alter it. We also had alot of viewings cancel their appointments at the last minute, and after reading the poor service other sellers - and buyers - have experienced with Yopa I now suspect some appointment viewings perhaps weren't genuine. It took me 13 minutes to get through to Yopa on their main phone number today, which alone may put potential buyers off. We have cancelled their services and will be switching to a reputable high street agent. A waste of time and effort.
YOPA is rated 1.67 based on 292 reviews