YOPA Reviews

12AM

02030957000

Category:
Estate Agents

Tell us how YOPA made you happy

Over a week
"Rubbish agent, website rubbish. Pocket call from agent after midnight in middle of a domestic presumably with his wife and son. Don't notify us of a revised bid which caused undue stress 2 days before completion. Would never use again or recommend"
Are you YOPA? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Free Access
"I have lost a cash sale due to the agent simply deciding not to respond to the buyer or myself without notice or communication. They just stopped responding. I had to escalate twice to get a response from their head office. The administration support team are junior and inexperienced. I am now going to have to fight for a refund. DO NOT TOUCH THIS COMPANY. LESS THAN ONE STAR."
"Really poor customer service! The agent I was using left and no one seems to know where my keys are. I have rang and been told I would get a call back but have not. Also I have emailed and had no response. Absolute shambles of a company! I have even emailed the complaints department and had no response!"
"Asked for a viewing on a property at short notice, turned up to find 9 other couples standing outside the house!! Asked the agent what was going on, he said that it seemed more logical to get everyone in at The same rime. Hmmm... yeah.... stirring up competition more like. Submitted our bid of asking price - offer accepted. Phone call from local agent two minutes later saying larger bid had come in and ours was being rejected for the larger bid. After telling me he didn’t “do bidding wars” he then whipped myself and the other buyer in to such a frenzy with bids that we lost the house which eventually went for £20k over asking!!! Gazumped, upset and a little traumatised. Will not be viewing any YOPA properties again."
"AWFUL AWFUL AWFUL. Management do not respect their employees... ask your 'local property expert' how happy they really are.. Purplebricks have a far superior service! Yopa are extremely disappointing and wont last long."
"Recently tried to view a property with Yopa, it was all confirmed but the agent didn't bother turning up to the viewing. I waiting twenty minutes before calling their helpline to be told that the property had been sold!!! A phone call would have been nice to save a lot of wasted time. Would not market my property with them based on this."
"What a absolute shambles,told us a price for our property, soon as it was listed the guy left, we got another agent called Serena, Week after week insisted on dropping the cost 10k Got us down 30k over the next 2 month,still no sale,no feedback from anyone from yopa on how the property was from viewers, After another couple of weeks she went dark,no contact no viewings nothing,we got suspicious so we put in a dummy email to view the property and guess what, no reply, and we tried again. No reply from yopa,I called and asked why this was and the lady on the phone said there was no one in the area to take viewings on the property. So literly they were ignoring people because there staff had left, Not just that some random had our house key who I had never met,no contact to who had the key or why. Asked for a refund as the experience was a shambles, and there response was.... We are a business! We can refund you half the viewing fees.thats all. £150.00 was refunded. We didn’t get our key back unitl 3 times of ringing them 3mo th after it was took of the market. Shocking service,take your money and run.have no get up and go to sell the house as all there agents are local self employed idiots. We literally paid £830.00 for some idiots to mess us around. Don’t bother with yopa."
"As a buyer I have never known such a poor service. I have been trying to view a property for two weeks and nobody has got back to me. The website gives you the option to select a time and date and then nothing. When I finally managed to speak to an operator he sounded as though he couldn’t care less. I am so thankful I didn’t use them to sell my house."
"Stay away from yopa very poor agent! viewings set up that bever happened clearly to make it look like there was interest pretty sure if we hadn't complained Mickey mouse would have requested a viewing! Although It did actually look like he had taken the photographs!! When we did get viewers the agent failed to turn up at the house to show them round. Prospective buyers couldn't get to view as the agent had a life that was way more Important than selling my property! Went to resolution who got areas managers involved who promised they would make sure the agent did his job - this possibly lasted for a week or fortnightly maximum when he went back commando on then! Yopa couldn't change the agent as they had no others - they clearly struggle to find Del boys in the area which is somewhat of a reassurance for those selling through other agents - and well done to you for not listening to the narrow boy hype we did! So ten months on and it's not even frustrating anymore yopa are what they are - which is clearly something I wouldn't recommend to anyone The old saying stick to what you know go with the high street agent not the Arthur Daley's of this world!"
"Have been on the market 7 weeks now, still not a single viewing. Yopa advised a sale price far in excess of what is realistic to gain our business. I have been emailing and texting the agent and head office support to see how we can get some viewngs and asking for their advice but they either don't respond at all or send you a replying stating how many years experience they have as an estate agent but still no advice at all on how to get some viewings and how they plan to market the property, we asked them to significantly reduce the price ourselves 3 weeks ago to something realistic but still no views, very poor service, very little knowledge about the marketing of houses and how to sell them, don't fall for the slick marketing all they do is advertise it on Rightmove and a couple of other sites and then forget about you! I'd advise a real agent if you want to sell your property!"
"Booked a valuation & simply didn’t show up. Over an hour later I receive a text that it was cancelled as I’m not selling my property! Joke"
"Disgusted by customer service the for sale sign which was erected blew down & damaged my sons car,YOPA blamed a third party who put the sign up.Neither side will take responsibility,grow a pair YOPA he signed a contract with you not a third party ?"
"Absolute disgusting service,a for sale board fell down damaged a car then YOPA blamed a third party for putting the board up ! Had nothing but trouble I would never recommend them"
"Similar complaint to 'Anonymous' 1 week ago. I am a cash buyer looking for buy to let property, called YOPA call centre to arrange a viewing, set a time and date and I was told a local agent would be in touch. Got login details to YOPA hub and could see the agent who had been appointed. Heard nothing at all after that, eventually the evening before the viewing I sent the agent a message on the hub, asking if viewing was still on, got a reply saying they were trying to contact the tenant to arrange viewing. Sent another message on the morning of the viewing to see if it was still going ahead, got a message back from the agent saying still not arranged but it might be better if I contact the seller direct as they might be more proactive in organising a viewing.......what is the agent for?? No shocks the viewing did not happen and no message to cancel it. I feel sorry for any vendor trying to sell a property via this online, useless company, you cannot get customer service from a company that farms out their work to anonymous agents who i doubt they have ever met."
"Yopa hire a third party called agency express to put up their for sale boards. One of these boards fell on to my car after not being erected properly, causing two thousand pounds worth of damage. This was even captured on cctv. However YOPA accepted no responsibility neither did Agency express despite this board being erected on five separate occasions due to it falling back down. YOPA just explained how in their terms and conditions it states how they are not liable for any damage caused by a third party. This issue has been on going for four months and not once did YOPA assist in any way they just gave me a phone number for agency express instead. I hired YOPA to sell my house not agency express, however I have now been left with the damage and a voicemail from a senior complaints representitive explaining how YOPA are not liable for damage caused by Agency express. Terrible customer service!"
"I am a cash buyer. Wanted to view a property and had to request date and time online. Received a generated email saying the representative would be in touch... didn't hear anything until a week after the date requested (2 weeks in total) and then just an email stating 'the representative has declined your request'. No explanation, no request to rearrange. Disgusting way to run a business. Feel sorry for the vendors as they have lost a potential sale with no chain. Had the same with another online estate agent. Their fee may be less than a traditional EA but you know what they say about paying peanuts....."
"Do not use very poor quality estate agent not interested in selling , more interested in receiving your money.Never use and will tell everybody not to use either. Disgusted!!!!"
"YOPA provided me with a conveyancing solicitor that has been absolutely hopelesss nearly six months in and nowhere near completion and wait for it we have a cash buyer! Given the property has solar panels and it is a probate property but for goodness sake. As for The estate agent well the day after we instructed then to act for us we sold the property to a neighbour it was hilarious they put it on the market took a few pictures which we had to wait days for! And took it off the market literally 5 minutes after they put it on the internet. When we asked for a discount as they had virtually done nothing they refused point blank. Use an established high street agent."
"Don’t trust yopa. I offered for a property, which was little bit lower than asking price, vendor accepted it. All surveys and searches were done. Just before exchanging contracts, almost after 2 months yopa revoked my offer. My solicitor contacted them and agent said someone offered asking price therefore seller will no longer be proceeding with the sale. It was so frustrating when we had spent time and lots of money. What to say more!!!"
"Had an offer on my property. Yopa came and valued it. The asking price was 12% above the offer. I was told that the house would still for a minimum 5% advice the offer but more likely 10%. One week after the property went on the market a rep phoned me and advised me to reduce the price, just above what the original offer was. He said he had more knowledge (a few hours on the internet) than the local Yopa valuer Been with them for over 120 days, not one viewing. They came out to do more marketing and put one additional picture up. Does anyone know if there is a legal way of getting it if paying the fixed fee?"
YOPA is rated 1.93 based on 153 reviews