YOPA Reviews

34% of reviewers recommend YOPA

About YOPA: YOPA makes selling your home affordable, simple and transparent.

With YOPA, customers get the best of both worlds: an expert Local YOPA Agent to guide them step-by-step through their sale, with the cost-saving efficiency of an online service.

AFFORDABLE
We charge a small flat fee from £780, instead of the usual percentage of your sale price.

The average YOPA customer saves over £3,000 in estate agency fees.

SIMPLE
We put our customers at the heart of everything we do, and aren't happy unless their experience is 100% positive.

Our agents are motivated by 5* customer reviews, not commission.

TRANSPARENT
We're honest and transparent - putting the customer in control; demystifying the process of selling property; and cleaning up the murky world of high street estate agency.

Choose to host your own viewings, or select our viewings package and leave them to your Agent.

Book a free, face-to-face, no obligation valuation today.

02030957000

Category:
Estate Agents

How would you rate YOPA ?

(optional)

88 reviews
Review and raise up to £2.00

You've raised
£1.26 for charity!

Read & write reviews about YOPA in our app We'll donate to charity for every review written
"From the get go agent has brought in insulting offers more tan 30000 under home survey value,advised us continually to put down asking price as a marketing tool. Tried to cancel service and was told í was not allowed to for 14 weeks. Apparently in their terms which í cant remember ever seing through agent or website."
"The agents are never available at times that suit potential buyers. They don't keep you updated on what is happening, they don't respond to messages through the site, and they change arrangements at the drop of a hat. As it's my money they are chasing, I find this attitude rude, sloppy, and unprofessional. I complained to a very polite man on the Yopa number who said they charge only £1500 per property, and they are therefore inundated with properties to sell. My complaint is that it's my money they are chasing and I want better value and people who can fit in with my schedules, not agents who demand I fit in with theirs."
"Lack of communication! Solicitor doesn't reply to emails. Apparently the buyer's Solicitor doesn't have access to phones, email etc. Our fault we believed the publicity. Just want this over and will never use or recommend them."
"Four different agents in quick succession, all of whom offered differing advice. No warning that changes were about to happen nor any 'hello' from the new agents who arrived. No checks on whether clients had the necessary funds in place, no follow-up with potential buyers during the sales process. Papers sent to the wrong person (someone who had withdrawn an offer instead of the current client). I was left to do the apologising and explaining. I complained about poor service in writing and it was bated off to the agent, who i was told would be in touch. He never was, and no real response to my complaint was ever made. A truly terrible service. I ended my relationship with them and had a much better response from a high street agent. I am now in the process of complaining again about the fact that they STILL want to charge me for the useless service I received. Judging from past experience, I am not hopeful of any kind of decent response."
"Like all the other reviews say, avoid at all costs. Do nothing to earn their money, basically all they do is list your property on rightmove and move on to count your cash!! Don't call EVER to give you updates, feedback or just check in and whenever you call there is no answer. We thought it was a great money saving idea but heed everyone's warning and save yourself time and money and go with a high street agent who actually has to work to earn your commission!!"
"Extremely unprofessional agent who never picks up calls and responds to text messages, same with your head office where I spend a lot of time requesting to make ONE call to a buyer because he wants to speak to agent only and then they direct me back to agent who never responds. Been in a market for up to 5 months and had almost 30 viewings and 5 potential buyers and offers and I lost all of them because they wanted to speak to agent to negotiate and discuss further about property and your agent and your head office never bothered doing it and I am almost at the edge of losing the 6th buyer because, I have made so many calls in last 2 hours to your agent and your head office requesting to make ONE bloody call to buyer and receive his offer and none of them did it. That’s all Yopa is about."
Mr Matthew Parker
Unverified Reviewer
"your agent is unproffessional and i have no chance of selling my property with you, upon my request to leave ,your arrogant customer services manager, has been of no help at all, insisting i follow a lengthy complaints procedure, which basically takes my property off of the market at the optimum time to sell"
"Quite frankly I wouldn't wish them on my worst enemy! Appalling! incompetent, systems that don't work, no response from agents, shocking service from their head office, basically no service at all! They don't do what they say on the tin...in fact they don't seem to do anything! I'm utterly disgusted......."
"I have been dealing with a guy named Oswald Jones at Yopa who i have found to be both very efficient , very helpful and always on hand to get advice and help from. The whole experience with YOPA has been very easy and straight forward. I would not hesitate them to anyone who is selling or buying property. And if you can , Ask for Oswald. ... AB"
"Very quick to get in touch and make an appointment. I found YOPA to be a straight forward company to work with. The person I dealt with was honest and friendly. I would use this company again."
"The agent took days to get back to us even when we had put in an offer we had viewed 48 hours earlier. I then received 3 emails from Yopa in the space of 2 mins, the first saying I had requested a return visit, one to confirm the visit then one to cancel the visit! I phoned to enquire about this, couldn’t get an explanation from the duty agent who told me I would get a call the following day. I did get one that woke me and my children just after 8am, saying some one would be in touch later in the day. After waiting all day I eventually phoned the agent myself who still couldn’t tell me if the visit would happen. I was eventually told that the vendor would negotiate but wouldn’t consider until I had sold my property and wouldn’t let my husband view the property ( he had been away for the initial visit) until then. My house is going on the market next week ( the earliest I could do that because of family circumstances) and was going on at a price for quick sale. I am appalled that Yopa can facilitate this kind of heavy handed selling. I got the distinct impression that I was being played throughout the unhappy experience. I certainly wouldn’t recommend this type of service via the internet. Other estate agencies I have been using in my house search and sale have been nothing but helpful and courteous."
"Saleman quite pleasant, however don’t waste your money with this company. They overvalue your house to get the business . A lot of money to get onto Rightmove. They sell and forget and move onto their next client"
"I would never use yopa again or recommend them to anyone! worst experience EVER, if you get an agent that doesn't get back to you with updates, lies to viewers, turns up at your house with their kid. they basically wait for viewers to make appointments from rightmove. totally unprofessional and you will NOT get your money back from yopa! we went with another agent after 100 days on the market and sold within 4days! DONT WASTE YOUR £839! So unprofessional!"
"i CAN'T RECOMMEND YOPA highly enough. Their agent Aaron Gray was amazing. Helpful from beginning to end. Was there with me throughout the whole process. It's the future. I interviewed 3 conventional estate agents as well as YOPA and without a doubt YOPA or Aaeron Gray came out on top. They put my property on the market on 9 November and it was sold on 10 November. Aaeron has stayed in touch with me and ensured everything has gone as smoothly as possible in the sales process. I paid the extra money for Aaeron to do the viewings and all-in-all I'm 100% happy with Aaeronand YOPA. I would recommend them to anybody. I'm nearly 70 so no spring chicken but there's nothing to fear from YOPA any more than a conventional estate agent and if anything less. It's competitively prices and an excellent service."
There's Nothing Anonymous About YOPA
Verified Reviewer
"No dedicated agent. Goes on holiday and doesn't inform clients, no one to cover the absence (no one who has a clue anyway). Never on time for appointments, never rang back despite being called to task over this on several occasions. Didn't check progress of sale and didn't have a clue where it was up to. didn't check financial viability of buyers who were obviously overstretched. No confidentiality, no communication.Gave personal details to other parties. Didn't follow instructions. Difficult to decide who the agent was actually working for. Ultimately sale was lost. Complete debacle from start to finish. would not recommend at all. Haven't even responded to complaint. good mind to go to ombudsman"
"Our YOPA agent (Lynburge) was really nice!!! We booked a valuation and he called us on the day to confirm and came on time. Reachable whenever we needed him, supportive, open and honest. The YOPA dashboard made it easy to view valuation or contact agent."
"Tried to arrange a viewing got an email to viewing time to be confirmed. Had to follow up by telephone to see if viewing time was confirmed only to be told it was under offer. Then got an email to say "viewing declined!" Terminology is in rather bad taste, better to say "apologies but property is under offer" would be more appropriate!"
"DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!! The reason I went with Yopa in the first place was the review site showed them to be exceptional in the selling of peoples properties. Having looked at review comments regarding this company they appeared to have a very high standard of work ethics. Unfortunately this was not the case after signing the contract, reviews appeared to have drastically changed. The property was overvalued from the beginning and had to be reduced after a short amount of time of being on the market. If you tell your representative, and also when completing the application form that you do not want a Yopa sign putting up at the property this does not make a difference as it was still done. I specifically told my representative REBECCA PRIOR that I didn’t want a sign on the empty property. In another incident she left one potential buyer standing on the door step due to ‘a misunderstanding of viewing date/time’. She was very bad at communicating, trying to get her to reply to voicemail/texts and email from myself and potential buyers was ridiculous. Even when the contracts were due to be exchanged, lack of response from anybody working at Yopa was a joke. Putting a complaint in did not make any difference with the company, as the service I received did not improve."
Dr Alison Brown
Verified Reviewer
"You are blocking my sale from going through as you are insisting on me using your solicitor at an inflated price to account for your commission despite the fact my solicitor has already done most of the work. I would have to pay double! My solicitor plus your solicitor or I have to pay you £300 to release me and then still pay my solicitor. I am going to make a complaint to the Ombudsman about your business practice and see what he has to say about it."
YOPA is rated 2.40 based on 88 reviews