YOPA Reviews

31% of reviewers recommend YOPA

About YOPA: YOPA makes selling your home affordable, simple and transparent.

With YOPA, customers get the best of both worlds: an expert Local YOPA Agent to guide them step-by-step through their sale, with the cost-saving efficiency of an online service.

AFFORDABLE
We charge a small flat fee from £780, instead of the usual percentage of your sale price.

The average YOPA customer saves over £3,000 in estate agency fees.

SIMPLE
We put our customers at the heart of everything we do, and aren't happy unless their experience is 100% positive.

Our agents are motivated by 5* customer reviews, not commission.

TRANSPARENT
We're honest and transparent - putting the customer in control; demystifying the process of selling property; and cleaning up the murky world of high street estate agency.

Choose to host your own viewings, or select our viewings package and leave them to your Agent.

Book a free, face-to-face, no obligation valuation today.

02030957000

Category:
Estate Agents

How would you rate YOPA ?

RICHARD O'Shea
Verified Reviewer
"YOPA - AVOID!! Fixed a time with Yopa for them to visit to value my house, with a view to selling. They failed to show - twice. When I contacted them to ask what they intended to do re my wasted time the response was to try to sell me their services, but otherwise nothing. Then out of the blue, I received an estimate of the value of property from them. It was less than half of the valuations that I had received from three local, reputable, long established estate agent. It seemed to me that they just wanted to get a sale, regardless of by how much they undersold my property. Their agent, who was supposed to know my area lived miles away and said he was leaving Yopa as their payment policies meant that he was earning little. Everything about Yopa seemed to me to be unprofessional with no interest in the their potential customer. Avoid!! Richard"
"Fantastic company. Not sure why the other reviews are so negative? I had no problem whatsoever selling my home with Yopa - the agent was fantastic. Way better than the high street or any other online agent. Cannot recommend enough!!"
Jenny Anderson
Verified Reviewer
"The reason I went with Yopa is I bought into Rachel Dickman as I was promised so much and genuinely felt that Yopa would sell my home. How wrong could be be!!! 3 Houses have been sold I’m my road within 2 months with high street estate agents yet mine is still on 4 months later!!! Not happy whatsoever Rachel you promised me that my house will sell. So let’s see what you can do and actually do what you promised. Just wish I would have went with an estate agent! Yopa I’m not impressed!!!"
"Very rude unprofessional staff. After selling house price which was agreed for selling fee before hand change by few hundred! When you try to veryfid with them they put you through to minimum 3 people but no one know what they talking about. If you ask for managers no body knows his/her name but they know he or she is on meeting and will call you back in 10minutes time which never happened anyway. They just do not care."
"Looking to purchase a property (mine already sold) and saw one advertised by Yopa. Sent email asking for more information and receive no reply. i imagine the seller would be very unhappy if they new about this."
"Trying to view a house listed by Yopa is like pulling teeth!"
"Having agreed to a full sales package whereby the agent carried out the viewings, I feel the service has been, to say the very least, appalling. There are four weeks left of my sixteen week contract. I have only received one phone call after first viewing to provide feedback re an offer, but buying still has to sell. I received an offer via another viewer which I forwarded on to the agent. I informed said agent that I wouldn’t accept it. The same gentleman viewed another 2/3 times yet the agent did not provide me with any feedback from the buyer. Did he negotiate for me?? I have no idea! Three potential buyers on two separate dates arrived at the property but these were not on my yopa calendar. I know this as neighbours have informed me. On one occasion I was able to go over to complete the viewings myself. I’ve had emails from someone asking if the house is sold as she had been trying to request a viewing and her request had not been acknowledged. She explained that she was in urgent need of purchasing a property so had decided to email me directly. When I informed the agent he said he would check. Apparently, as he was checking, her request came through at the same time. Either the website is not updating/syncing correctly or I’m being fobbed off. While the property was still inhabited by my tenant and viewing were being agreed by the tenant, the agent did not arrive at the allotted time. My tenants parents, who were awaiting the agents arrival, had to collect grandchildren from school so had to leave. In regard to the yopa website; this has at times shown multiple viewing by the same potential buyer for the same date and time. Is this the agent not maintaining the diary correctly or webpage errors? Trying to access the website via a phone is almost impossible as it will more often, not load for me to view anything. I have not been provided with the service outlined on your website and the contract has not been adhered to by Yopa."
"We are in the process of buying a house which is being advertised by YOPA and it’s been a nightmare. They have no idea how the Scottish system of buying and selling property works. They totally ignore our solicitors written and legal documents and only want us to use their online process. I would never ever use YOPA to sell a house."
"6 weeks ago, agreed to sell our home through YOPA After 3 weeks finally got the agreed survey report, 3 attempts to change errors - dealing with Aberdeenshire agent - never returned my calls or emails Now 6 weeks later and still no sales schedule Called YOPA head office complain, about heated disagreement with their local agent. Now called my card provider to get my money - wish reserched YOPA before paying them! Suggest everyone avoids them..."
"Very underhand! Viewed a property for sale offer accepted with email confirmation. Then phoned a couple of days later to say offer revoked! Higher offer! Obviously this agent encourages gazumping!"
"As with the previous review, after three months, only one booked visit to my house and then he did not turn up. The pay later scheme is a fraudulent scheme in my opinion, there is no incentive to sell the property as Yopa are paid sooner or later. There needs to be better a closer look at the this industry and some kind of policing. DONOT USE THIS METHOD OF SELLING!!!"
Rachel Baylis
Verified Reviewer
"I would like to warn any purchasers out there to steer clear of anything sold by YOPA. The sales team, although nice people, appear to do nothing unless prompted to do so; as the person "selling" the house has been incredibly slow to react to anything required of her eg submitting details of her solicitor, YOPA only did anything when I realised that nothing had happened, and therefore contacted them! I have little faith now in this sale being completed in time. We are cash buyers, having gone through various housing hells for over three years, and now we have this to deal with - unbelievable."
"DO NOT,and I mean DO NOT use this company. They tie people into a "Pay Later" scheme (with a Finance Company)which actually means there's no incentive to sell your house. In actual fact it's a nuisance to sell,as they'll charge you anyway. 12 weeks,no viewings,no feedback. . they have my money anyway! DON'T TOUCH."
"Fantastic agent Tracy based in Consett helped us through the sale of our home and was in constant contact throughout the process. Fantastic photographs and advert also in comparison to the one we had with our previous agent."
"I will not be engaging with this company again to buy or sell a property. Wishing to view a property, they refused to give me a viewing without giving them extensive personal information that I do not wish to give out freely. As a result their client will be one less potential buyer. As a seller I would not wish them to be discouraging potential buyers either."
"From the get go agent has brought in insulting offers more tan 30000 under home survey value,advised us continually to put down asking price as a marketing tool. Tried to cancel service and was told í was not allowed to for 14 weeks. Apparently in their terms which í cant remember ever seing through agent or website."
"The agents are never available at times that suit potential buyers. They don't keep you updated on what is happening, they don't respond to messages through the site, and they change arrangements at the drop of a hat. As it's my money they are chasing, I find this attitude rude, sloppy, and unprofessional. I complained to a very polite man on the Yopa number who said they charge only £1500 per property, and they are therefore inundated with properties to sell. My complaint is that it's my money they are chasing and I want better value and people who can fit in with my schedules, not agents who demand I fit in with theirs."
"Lack of communication! Solicitor doesn't reply to emails. Apparently the buyer's Solicitor doesn't have access to phones, email etc. Our fault we believed the publicity. Just want this over and will never use or recommend them."
"Four different agents in quick succession, all of whom offered differing advice. No warning that changes were about to happen nor any 'hello' from the new agents who arrived. No checks on whether clients had the necessary funds in place, no follow-up with potential buyers during the sales process. Papers sent to the wrong person (someone who had withdrawn an offer instead of the current client). I was left to do the apologising and explaining. I complained about poor service in writing and it was bated off to the agent, who i was told would be in touch. He never was, and no real response to my complaint was ever made. A truly terrible service. I ended my relationship with them and had a much better response from a high street agent. I am now in the process of complaining again about the fact that they STILL want to charge me for the useless service I received. Judging from past experience, I am not hopeful of any kind of decent response."
YOPA is rated 2.26 based on 104 reviews