Virgin Media Reviews

Virgin Media 1 star review on 21st December 2022
Laura
Virgin Media 1 star review on 21st December 2022
Laura
Worst customer servises ever. I write complaints to customer servises to CEO. No one anwsering. They traying charge me for same financial on phone as I didn't taked.
Just awful customer service. Suggested a huge delay to internet installation and then could get through to anyone for over five and a half hours
I would happily give zero stars, in every way for everything. My late mother had virgin and she unfortunately passed away in December. I call to notify them in January and was given two options. Either carry on with her existing contract OR become a “New Customer”. As she was a long standing customer she managed to secure a very good package deal. So I agreed to continue under those terms and gave over my bank details. However it has been anything but a smooth ride. Having to make contact, on average; monthly, as the direct debit amount was not correct and/or services not working. This came to ahead in March 22 when I received a bill for double the agreed amount. I called and was informed that the amount to be debited from my account was not that amount, this was showing as they had not made a manual credit adjustment in time. Direct debit date comes around and they take that larger amount. I called again and demanded my money back. I was directed to make an Indemnity claim at the bank, which I did. Then in April I received a bill with an even larger balance. I was persuaded by a virgin media sales rep that all my problems would go away if I took out a new package as I wasn’t actually on a contract - which incurs a charge, there was no direct debit set up - which incurs another fee. So I set up as a new customer and there was a very detailed conversation about amounts to be paid and credits and account closures. Suffice to say I sought another provider and had them come and install actual fibre to my property, not a glorified broadband speed. To then be told that it’s virgins standard procedure to charge a month in advance. This was never outlined to me at all during an hours telephone conversation. So I called to close everything down. And even though I’m not in contract, or at this point, even using their service (every virgin piece of equipment was unplugged and set to the side) and that I would need to arrange for their equipment to be sent back or they are going to charge me £65.00. Cut to now. Having spent 36 hours in their chat queue and it is only now that o have managed to get a complaint officially raised. I am now left with a motorways length of cable at my house which is draped through my guttering, stuffed under hedges and worse - a tripping hazard as pointed out by the new providers independent regional installation team. No wonder the service was so shoddy it was never installed properly. I will never have any Virgin Media product in my house again. And now they have merged with O2 - with whom my family have been loyal customers for years. We are also in the process of switching all mobile contracts and services to another provider. I will now actively discourage people to sign up with virgin media and I will leave negative reviews at any given opportunity so that people are aware just how this disgraceful and inept this organisation is. BEWARE of virgin media. They are quick to take your money and make their demand for it. But if you have a problem or complaint you will passed from pillar to post and heaven forbid you suffer a bereavement. And here is the real kicker ladies and gentleman - after all said and done. They are insisting that once the closure is complete I will still owe them £40.odd.
A VERY POOR SYSTEM RIGGED TO BENIFIT VIRGIN
Very disappointed. My contract was nearly up so I rang 3 weeks before the contract ended and signed up to a new contract for 18th months. Should have been a smooth process, but some smarmy sounding a-hole seemed to take pleasure in telling me I didn't give them 30 days notice, so my bill sky rockets up before the new contract kicks in. What a scummy way to treat loyal customers.
I’m having to move house with immediate effect because my father has been hospitalised and now needs round-the-clock care. My landlord, who is a private entity, has been compassionate enough to allow me to end my tenancy immediately without any charges. However a big organisation such as Virgin Media aren’t so accommodating. Obviously profits come before people…and that’s OK. What I don’t appreciate is the amount of time I’ve had to spend trying to end my contract early. It’s been very frustrating at a very stressful time for me personally. I wasted 2 hours on their WhatsApp chat, having to wait an average of 10 minutes for each interaction with an agent, asked the agent for a link to their formal complaints procedure and was told I needed to complain by post, eventually was given my termination fee. Now my final bill has arrived which isn’t the amount I was told it would be. During the WhatsApp chat session I had enough time to find the link to the complaints page on the website and duly informed the rep that I’d like to raise a complaint and outlined the reason in writing. He said he’d take of it and subsequently gave me a case number. Within minutes I’d received an email to advise me that the case was closed. Firstly the rep had incorrectly logged the reason for my complaint. Secondly the ‘And here’s what we agreed’ section said: Customer Experience > Agent or Technician Professionalism - Internal feedback provided. What does that even mean? Chasing up this information is more of a headache than it’s worth. I’m sure VM make it nigh on impossible to have a meaningful one-on-one conversation with anyone on purpose. After over a decade of our household being a VM customer I’m finally jumping ship for good based on my latest interaction. To be honest the connection is mediocre (maybe it’s just our set-up) but the fact that they have charged me pretty much the full amount for the rest of my contract doesn’t sit well with me. For this reason, I’m giving a generous 1-star rating solely based on my latest customer service experience. Poor show.
This possible the worst large company full stop , I’ve had too many troubles to even list , I’m finally leaving after a 65 minute wait to speak to someone on order to proceed with my cancelation No matter well worth the wait
Put me in contract without me agreeing to it, cost me close to 200£ to get rid of them. Absolutely disgusting company to deal with, I was transferred to 6 different so called departments on one call, still kept receiving bills after that. Cunts!
Awful awful awful - crooks made a mistake which quadrupled my bill. After waiting on hold for a total of 3 hours they didn't resolve and took the money anyway. 4 consecutive call handlers now hung up on me trying to resolve. Never ever use this service.
Shockingly poor customer service. Have been trying for three consecutive days to have discussion about contract both online and by phone without success.
Worst costumer service ever!!!!!! Made me difficult to leave. Spoke with costumer service 3 times absolutely useless!!! I do not recommend to anyone!!!
When I got everything set up I wasn’t told about 2 bills to set up when I phoned they said just pay more each month I did this but they didn’t say a late fee would be added each month just to upset me more they then cut my services when I pay my bill
THEY TAKE MONEY FROM YOUR ACCOUNT EVEN WHEN YOU CANCEL THE SERVICE. THEY IGNORE YOUR COMPLAINTS THEN TRY AND CHARGE YOU STATING YOU HAVE NOT RETURNED THE EQUIPMENT. I WILL BE GOING TO COURT AVOUT THIS.
Absolutely pathetic company. We have salesmen come to our door and tell us that we have optic fibre laid down in the area and we should switch. After we put in the cancellation request with Sky, we are then told that the cost to install at our property is too high and they cannot do it for us as the cost outweigh the benefits. They did not even have the courtesy to call us and let us know this. We only found out about Virgin backing away from installation after we gave them a call to find out what is happening. We now have to go back to SKY, with whom we were with for 17 years. We have now lost all of our loyalty discounts and will be charged £15 more than what we were previously paying. I Will make sure anyone in our close circle stays away from Virgin.
Extremely rude customer service representative,
I have been charged higher than normal for last 5 months rang many times spoke advisors who have promised it will be amended. Sick of them!
The worst customer service i have ever experienced. Doubled their prices and made it really difficult to leave. To speak to a member of the sales team took 5 mins, to get through customer service average of over an hours wait. Would be on hold to speak to someone for 30 mins and then the line would cut out. Tried contacting via text, equally impossible. Avoid having anything to do with them if you can.
Virgin Media 1 star review on 28th April 2022
Problem with there equipment as the wifi repeatedly dropped. There answer is to try and sell you a faster package. Ignored and purchased our own router and wifi problems solved. Try and cancel and it takes 16 hours, two phones and a laptop across sms, whatsapp, phone and twitter. Absolutely setup to try and frustrate the cancellation process.
Virgin Media 1 star review on 28th April 2022
Omg, I cannot wait to get rid of them already!! Internet failing often, customer service promise thing they can't deliver, constant increase in prices (60 POUNDS AT ONE POINT?!) Taking me a month to get away from them too - moved as fast as I could to another company and not used their services in over 20 days, have been waiting for them to collect their useless equipment - meantime they add another charge they decide they should take from my account for 'package changes' - PACKAGE CHANGES?! I'M TRYING TO RUN AWAY FROM YOU BEGGARS! If I need to listen to their cheap pop music whilst waiting for customer service one more time...
Totally useless Had 3 days off work to accommodate these clowns 🤡 Not even a curtesy call to say they weren't coming amd once did so the work many channels wernt working with terrible picture..got on the phone to themtwice for 15mins and then cut off..I had no option but to use Virgin but now realise I would rather go without than go with this lot...
Virgin Media is rated 1.2 based on 1,819 reviews