Virgin Media Reviews

Returns & Refunds
Refunds Process
Difficult

Tell us how Virgin Media made you happy
Absolutely terrible service! Ordered Internet. And instead of them doing their work, they just ask customers to go to every neighbour and collect private information, like mobile numbers, emails for them to contact neighbours if they agree them to do the work. That is ridiculous! Send letters to neighbours, send agent to talk to neighbours, maybe prepare some offers for them too! BS...
These guys do not listen to the field guys when there is an issue and have no duty manager who will talk to you, time to leave as 1 star is not what I would give after 3 months of issues
Unless you want to waste hours on end on the phone line to customer service, then get disconnected and then repeating the same process by calling through then waiting for customer service. DO NOT BOTHER WITH VIRGIN. The absolute worst company ever.
HORRENDOUS. Avoid at all costs. They are impossible to contact - you have to wait on hold for a minimum of 30 minutes if you need to contact them for anything (renewals, service issues, complaints etc) BEWARE, they will take advantage and exploit you. I renewed my contract after being told that I could transfer my package to my new address if I moved home. I'm finally buying my first home, only to find out they can't supply that area, therefore I must pay around £248 to terminate the contract. I explicitly told them not to cancel and to just provide services to the area, but they force your hand and blame you for breaking the agreement, even though it is THE COMPANY who can't hold up their end of the deal. Furthermore, the wifi box is not reliable, so I submitted a report about that, only to be told that they won't do anything about it as I will be leaving my home in 6 weeks, so now I am a fully paying customer who will not receive any help. All this, during a pandemic and a housing crisis. Truly vile company, don't be fooled as I was, stick with BT! They DON'T charge you if they can't supply an area and actually have decent contact forms.
Bad service all the time and rip people of off not registered with ombudsman stay well clear getting worse month by month
If I had known, I would never have used Virgin Media. The TV package stopped working every few weeks. I had to spend several hours on the phone talking to people who didn't know how to fix the problem and didn't seem to care either. Virgin failed to solve the problem and so I wanted to leave. I then had to go through a lengthy process to leave and get back the refund I was due. Virgin made this as difficult as possible, insisting that they could not transfer the balance back into my account and sending the refund BY CHEQUE six weeks after my account was closed.
They try to stick you with an 18 month contract when moving homes against your consent! Either gross incompetence or borderline fraudulent intentions: I was set up with an 18 month contract (and at a high price at that) which I never agreed to. The movers team agent confirmed I would be on a monthly rolling setup. I was also promised to have access to new customer discounts for a new contract after the move, which I didn't have access to, because all teams refused to honour the promise and would refuse ownership of a resolution. Instead I was in a catch 22 situation transferred between teams. I took 4 hours of phone calls to find out nobody would own a solution and I closed my account. Never again.
Been with Virgin almost 5 years and recently I am appalled at their service, internet constantly going off. Rang them 8 times in one day and in the end decided to leave virgin. Once I mentioned I was leaving they offered an engineer yet in the 8 calls I made they said I didn’t need one. They are shocking. Put me through the disconnection dept and kept cutting my call off. They tried to scare me by saying when I find another provider there will be a fee of £140 by the new provider!!!!! I’d rather give it to them than spend another penny on virgin.I reviewed other people’s views and everyone is saying the same that they are terrible. Never ever will I use them again. Can’t wait until I’m rid of them. Next time Richard Branson how’s I to space they need to keep him there. If anyone is planning on going with virgin, please think twice.
You should put a zero as start because virgin media doesn’t deserve 1 I had the worst experience in my life with this company I am normally calm in nature but why I call them my blood pressure goes up to the roof I must admit they are able to make me upset and angry no matter how I try to stay calm if they will be the only internet provide I will prefer to stay with out a d save my heart
They don't make money providing internet service. They make money on circumstantial uncertainty of customers.
We have been having major issues with virgin media and we called them and the first advisor said that after she checked our account and said that we have had lots of major problems with our service from them and said that we have been paying to much for our services over for years and said that we could have a new deal we would be paying less and have a booster and then my husband went on the phone and talked to her and then she put it on hold and then it went very quiet so my husband put the phone down and called again and it started again and he changed what the previous advisor said and kept pushing us to get rid of certain things on our virgin media contract and and then mentioned about the booster and after explaining about the how the booster works and when my husband said that we don't have virgin media mobile phones and we do not use mobile phones that way and my husband mentioned that we have contract mobile phones the advisor said that was our choice and eventually they said that they would get someone from the sales team is going to call us the account is under Mr Ian Harrison
Appalling. Called to say I was leaving on a specific date and was cut off early. Every time I contacted customer services, I was misdirected and / or cut off. The complaints procedure is a joke and a thoroughly unpleasant experience all round. I will certainly not be returning, nor would I encourage anyone else to sign up with VM.
i tried to get to my mobile acount, and the virgin media website would not accept my proper name, pasword, postcode or not robot tick picture malarky, cant even get into my acount! try to get forgot your pass and email? not happening. Just wait till my contract ends, i'm off.
I have just left Virgin media after being with there company since telewest days , They knew I was leaving on the 14 th of this month and have taken the full price for a moth and now think I should wait 45 days for them to refund what they have stolen from my acount , Do your self a big favour and find another broadband suppier , There service is without a doubt the worst in the uk
Terrible customer service. OK until something goes wrong and you're left waiting on a call or online chat for hours with no resolution. In my experience their advice is contradictory as i was told one thing and then after being on a call for over 2 hours was told something completely different. Completely unhelpful and a huge waste of time. Submitting a complaint about begin kept waiting for hours at a time also gets you nowhere as their only resolution they offer is that internal feedback will be provided. Infuriating is an understatement. Avoid at all costs!
Absolutely disgraceful company most definitely doesn't do what it says on the tin, do your self a favour and go elsewhere there customer service is beyond words appalling, how do they survive
If I could give a 0 star I would. Can’t connect at all in certain rooms of the house despite several wifi boosters. Speeds of under 1mbps despite being quoted close to 100. ‘Experts’ told us we were wrong and the wifi is not slow enough to warrant leaving the contract. So stuck with under 1mbps for the next 18 months. Avoid at all cost.
I haven't had Internet or my house phone for 3 days.. they keep delaying the time they say it will be fixed.. I pay a shocking £70 a month JUST FOR INTERNET AND MY HOUSE PHONE!! They are snakes.. I have no idea how they even raised the price that high!! I haven't been able to work for 3 days now and my special needs child is missing out on his exercise programs he needs to function... I am cancelling and not giving them a penny for breaking the contract.. Best part is there is no one to help me on this issue.. Virgin stick it where the sun don't shine!!!
Never Again Today I cancelled my contract and opted to pay the cancellation fee due to the absolutely awful WiFi connection. This, only after about 3 months with Virgin Media. Speeds have been as low as 1.00 mbps download with 0.03 mbps upload anywhere in the house except in the room in which the media box is located (just retested and 5.51 mbps download and 0.07 mbps upload). This, the advisors at Virgin Media (Virgin) say, is what Virgin are contracted to provide and are therefore fulfilling their part of the contract. The only guarantee Virgin provide for full speed, in my case 108 mbps download and 10 mbps upload, is if a device is connected using a ethernet cable. How archaic is this? No apologies provided by the advisors to whom I spoke, just a reiteration of the fact the contract is being met and a suggestion to purchase a booster for each room. Yes, boosters would have been cheaper than cancellation, but on principle the situation is unacceptable and not fair treatment for the customer. I did not have guaranteed WiFi in each room with my previous provider BT, in fact I only had download speeds of 14 mpbs, but yet I was able to comfortably attend virtual meetings, stream Netflix, YouTube and other services with limited interruption. If Virgin's speeds were comparable to what I was getting from BT, I would have been frustrated but sucked it up. How anywhere near 1.00 mbps could be acceptable however and brushed off with a suggestion to pay an additional monthly charge for boosters is just unfathomable. How is this company regulated? How do they get away with treating customers in this way? It's easy to explain contractual terms but surely this must be measured against providing the best service possible to customers. Unfortunately, nothing about this service has been good. I never write a review but this is one I will shout from the mountain top to anyone who will listen. Stay FAR AWAY from Virgin Media unless you are willing to accept the full implications of their terms. Hopefully this review will help you to understand those in simple terms. This should be a ZERO stars review
need to use 4g because they're so bad