Virgin Media Reviews

Returns & Refunds
Refunds Process
Difficult

Tell us how Virgin Media made you happy
Bad service all the time and rip people of off not registered with ombudsman stay well clear getting worse month by month
If I had known, I would never have used Virgin Media. The TV package stopped working every few weeks. I had to spend several hours on the phone talking to people who didn't know how to fix the problem and didn't seem to care either. Virgin failed to solve the problem and so I wanted to leave. I then had to go through a lengthy process to leave and get back the refund I was due. Virgin made this as difficult as possible, insisting that they could not transfer the balance back into my account and sending the refund BY CHEQUE six weeks after my account was closed.
They try to stick you with an 18 month contract when moving homes against your consent! Either gross incompetence or borderline fraudulent intentions: I was set up with an 18 month contract (and at a high price at that) which I never agreed to. The movers team agent confirmed I would be on a monthly rolling setup. I was also promised to have access to new customer discounts for a new contract after the move, which I didn't have access to, because all teams refused to honour the promise and would refuse ownership of a resolution. Instead I was in a catch 22 situation transferred between teams. I took 4 hours of phone calls to find out nobody would own a solution and I closed my account. Never again.
Been with Virgin almost 5 years and recently I am appalled at their service, internet constantly going off. Rang them 8 times in one day and in the end decided to leave virgin. Once I mentioned I was leaving they offered an engineer yet in the 8 calls I made they said I didn’t need one. They are shocking. Put me through the disconnection dept and kept cutting my call off. They tried to scare me by saying when I find another provider there will be a fee of £140 by the new provider!!!!! I’d rather give it to them than spend another penny on virgin.I reviewed other people’s views and everyone is saying the same that they are terrible. Never ever will I use them again. Can’t wait until I’m rid of them. Next time Richard Branson how’s I to space they need to keep him there. If anyone is planning on going with virgin, please think twice.
You should put a zero as start because virgin media doesn’t deserve 1 I had the worst experience in my life with this company I am normally calm in nature but why I call them my blood pressure goes up to the roof I must admit they are able to make me upset and angry no matter how I try to stay calm if they will be the only internet provide I will prefer to stay with out a d save my heart
They don't make money providing internet service. They make money on circumstantial uncertainty of customers.
We have been having major issues with virgin media and we called them and the first advisor said that after she checked our account and said that we have had lots of major problems with our service from them and said that we have been paying to much for our services over for years and said that we could have a new deal we would be paying less and have a booster and then my husband went on the phone and talked to her and then she put it on hold and then it went very quiet so my husband put the phone down and called again and it started again and he changed what the previous advisor said and kept pushing us to get rid of certain things on our virgin media contract and and then mentioned about the booster and after explaining about the how the booster works and when my husband said that we don't have virgin media mobile phones and we do not use mobile phones that way and my husband mentioned that we have contract mobile phones the advisor said that was our choice and eventually they said that they would get someone from the sales team is going to call us the account is under Mr Ian Harrison
Appalling. Called to say I was leaving on a specific date and was cut off early. Every time I contacted customer services, I was misdirected and / or cut off. The complaints procedure is a joke and a thoroughly unpleasant experience all round. I will certainly not be returning, nor would I encourage anyone else to sign up with VM.
i tried to get to my mobile acount, and the virgin media website would not accept my proper name, pasword, postcode or not robot tick picture malarky, cant even get into my acount! try to get forgot your pass and email? not happening. Just wait till my contract ends, i'm off.
I have just left Virgin media after being with there company since telewest days , They knew I was leaving on the 14 th of this month and have taken the full price for a moth and now think I should wait 45 days for them to refund what they have stolen from my acount , Do your self a big favour and find another broadband suppier , There service is without a doubt the worst in the uk
Terrible customer service. OK until something goes wrong and you're left waiting on a call or online chat for hours with no resolution. In my experience their advice is contradictory as i was told one thing and then after being on a call for over 2 hours was told something completely different. Completely unhelpful and a huge waste of time. Submitting a complaint about begin kept waiting for hours at a time also gets you nowhere as their only resolution they offer is that internal feedback will be provided. Infuriating is an understatement. Avoid at all costs!
Absolutely disgraceful company most definitely doesn't do what it says on the tin, do your self a favour and go elsewhere there customer service is beyond words appalling, how do they survive
If I could give a 0 star I would. Can’t connect at all in certain rooms of the house despite several wifi boosters. Speeds of under 1mbps despite being quoted close to 100. ‘Experts’ told us we were wrong and the wifi is not slow enough to warrant leaving the contract. So stuck with under 1mbps for the next 18 months. Avoid at all cost.
I haven't had Internet or my house phone for 3 days.. they keep delaying the time they say it will be fixed.. I pay a shocking £70 a month JUST FOR INTERNET AND MY HOUSE PHONE!! They are snakes.. I have no idea how they even raised the price that high!! I haven't been able to work for 3 days now and my special needs child is missing out on his exercise programs he needs to function... I am cancelling and not giving them a penny for breaking the contract.. Best part is there is no one to help me on this issue.. Virgin stick it where the sun don't shine!!!
Never Again Today I cancelled my contract and opted to pay the cancellation fee due to the absolutely awful WiFi connection. This, only after about 3 months with Virgin Media. Speeds have been as low as 1.00 mbps download with 0.03 mbps upload anywhere in the house except in the room in which the media box is located (just retested and 5.51 mbps download and 0.07 mbps upload). This, the advisors at Virgin Media (Virgin) say, is what Virgin are contracted to provide and are therefore fulfilling their part of the contract. The only guarantee Virgin provide for full speed, in my case 108 mbps download and 10 mbps upload, is if a device is connected using a ethernet cable. How archaic is this? No apologies provided by the advisors to whom I spoke, just a reiteration of the fact the contract is being met and a suggestion to purchase a booster for each room. Yes, boosters would have been cheaper than cancellation, but on principle the situation is unacceptable and not fair treatment for the customer. I did not have guaranteed WiFi in each room with my previous provider BT, in fact I only had download speeds of 14 mpbs, but yet I was able to comfortably attend virtual meetings, stream Netflix, YouTube and other services with limited interruption. If Virgin's speeds were comparable to what I was getting from BT, I would have been frustrated but sucked it up. How anywhere near 1.00 mbps could be acceptable however and brushed off with a suggestion to pay an additional monthly charge for boosters is just unfathomable. How is this company regulated? How do they get away with treating customers in this way? It's easy to explain contractual terms but surely this must be measured against providing the best service possible to customers. Unfortunately, nothing about this service has been good. I never write a review but this is one I will shout from the mountain top to anyone who will listen. Stay FAR AWAY from Virgin Media unless you are willing to accept the full implications of their terms. Hopefully this review will help you to understand those in simple terms. This should be a ZERO stars review
need to use 4g because they're so bad
Shittest customer service you can get. There are acting more like thieves than customer help. Stay away from their offers and discounts !!
Wifi keep dropping out and this has been happening for 2-3 months. I have accessed all automated help services (online guide, internet chat bot). Phoned their helpline but couldn't get through to a real person just a another bot. I submitted a complaint via the Virgin compliant webpage. I recieved a response which told me to access the online guide and to reset the router (which I had been doing most days for the last couple of months). In the complaint, I asked for an engineer to visit and fix the service but was told in the repsonse that the UK government does not allow home visits by engineers, which I know is incorrect. I replied to this email response stating that the service does not work as advertised and Virgin seem to be refusing to fix it. I did not get a reply. Very frustrated as Virgin seem to be refused to fix my service. The service has been very reliable for the last 6 years but now that it is broken trying to get Virgin to fix this seem impossible. Very poor customer service as I couldn't seem to be able to talk to a "real" person. I have spent several hours of my time trying to contact Virgin and I asked for compensation in the complaint letter but the reponse said that Virgin only provide compensation for "Total loss of service or Missed appointments or Delayed activations". I will be changing my provider.
Virgin media customer services in the overseas call centres are beyond awful. I was made promises of engineers to come and fix our internet fault 5 days later, with no alternative. I was called a liar because one of the calls I made in the evening (picked up by UK staff) wasn't on their records, so, when I was promised an emergency engineer due to emergency needs for our Internet services, I was then told that was never said to me and there were no records of a call. I was then told my engineers may come the day after they were booked for (thankfully they did arrive and do a good job, albeit an hour later than the cut off period), but they keep promising a service, then saying they didn't, taking days with zero services, and then being told that there was nothing they can do & if I want to leave then its my choice. I know I'm only one customer and not going to make a huge difference in the overall scheme of things, but, it appears as though VM customer services are beyond shocking, and are losing customers by the droves to services that don't offer even half of what VM does - that surely speaks for itself.
Honestly unbelievably bad. Literally left a hole in my wall during the installation, which created a mould problem. Phoned them and spoke to dozens of customer service reps over a one year period trying to get this sorted. I was constantly promised that they would send someone round to fix it and also compensate me, neither of which ever happened despite my follow ups. When the mould got so bad that I literally had to move out (of a home I'd lived in for nearly 4 years), and I explained this to the customer service rep, she suggested that I recommend virgin to a friend and get £50 credit?!?!?!? Also the wifi constantly cut out and they did nothing to fix this! Shout out to Lauren in the 'I'm moving house' team who was super lovely and competent!
Virgin Media is rated 1.17 based on 1,350 reviews