Bookmundi Reviews

of reviewers recommend Bookmundi
Courier, Own Driver
Email, Live Chat, Telephone
2 - 3 Hours

Tell us how Bookmundi made you happy
Would you like to add photos or videos?
Staff were very responsive and assisted inquiries within one business day.

I am grateful for their accommodating our request within one month of the intended travel date, serving customers on short notice is a commendable action and I appreciate it.

I have yet to go on the trip, so I cannot review the experience yet but in terms on their customer service, a few notables:

1. PayPal payments are subject to a 5% fee. That should be explicitly stated in the invoice to avoid confusion. I sent the payment and had to wait to get a refund and rebook with my credit card because I was not clear on this additional fee.

2. I’ve never worked with a travel agency abroad, and I had concerns about submitting personal information via email due to privacy concerns. I would appreciate a more sophisticated and clearly secure portal in which to enter your information instead of over an unencrypted method.

3. Overall, the staff were very responsive to my requests to split an invoice multiple ways so that different parties in my trip could pay separately.

This review is based on booking only.
Dear Miguel,

Thank you very much for the review, and input. Appreciate it.

I am briefly addressing the two areas of improvement that you mentioned:

1. Paypal: We will make the Paypal 5% fee clear on our invoices from tomorrow. It's less than 0.5% of our customers who pays via Paypal, but fully agree that it should be clear for them. The reason why we have the added 5% on Paypal, is that that's the fee that Paypal charges us to actually receive the payment via them.
It might be important to note here that our system is not automatically charging 5% extra on to the money sent, but we kindly ask customers to send 5% more, to counter the 5% fees that Paypal charge. Thus, our customers are always aware, if they pay more, as they have added such 5% extra themselves in Paypal (just trying to say that we're not suddenly adding the 5%, without the customer's knowledge). That said, we will communicate it clearly upfront from tomorrow onwards as well, to avoid any Paypal refunds as well.

2. Our emails are SSL and TLS encrypted, so it's very safe to pass information to us via emails. We have furthermore made sure that only the CS-staff who needs your information, will have access to it. We've nevertheless noted down your input. Thank you very much for this piece of feedback as well.

Our customer service team is working tirelessly every day, 7 days a week, to provide a kind, straight-forward, informative and responsive service, so the CS team highly appreciates your praise on their efforts. Thanks.

Have a great tour, when getting that far Miguel.

All the best,
Team Bookmundi
My booking experience was okay. I did not know that the touring company who would be conducting the tour is Walks LLC. I would have appreciated knowing that from the beginning. Walks seems to be quite a decent company.
Another very important item that needs improvement is the voucher. You need to add all of the information directly on the voucher so it is clear what the customer is buying.
Thank you very much for the review Arthur. Our tours should contain all the necessary information on the tour voucher. We will, however, double-check the tour you booked to make sure that everything is correct.

Thanks again for your feedback.

All the best
Thomas
Bookmundi
The travel company associated with your have kindly been in contact and very accommodating. Did email bookmundi few days ago about booking and after initial contact heard nothing back. Shame really
Hi Farhana,

Thanks for your review, appreciate it.

We did see your enquiry at our side. We did not answer your question as we could see that you had already processed the tour booking. We therefore thought your question/concern had already been addressed. Sorry for that.

Our customer service team has sent a follow-up email to you to see if there is anything we need to assist you with.

All the best,
Jane Andersen
I think it was quite tricky ,that I had to wait 48hours for confirmation of booking after I had paid .
Hi M,

Sorry to hear to hear that you found the processing time of your booking too long.

Generally, when booking multiday tours and especially when the start date is near which it was in your case, the local ops team need to verify availability of hotel rooms, seats on activities etc. at the destination. That's the main reason why it may take up to 48 hours, in some cases.

That said, we really appreciate your honest feedback and we'll definitely look into whether we can speed up the processing time.

Have a great trip to the USA.

Kind Regards,
Bookmundi's Customer Care Team
Still in the process of completing the booking.
The first part of the booking was easy.
Now need to provide the additional information that was requested to continue the booking. That`s done so will see how it goes.

Tim O - Los Angeles CA USA
Hi I asked a question about whether I needed 4 season boots for Mera peak and the response took several weeks
Dear A,

Thanks for your review.

First of all, and just to be honest, it's not very easy for us to control that every tour partner always responds promptly as we're working with +700 tour companies globally. However, most of them will certainly reply rather swiftly, as all partner companies on Bookmundi have been very carefully screened and qualified. Thus, for most cases you will always receive a response within 24 hours, weekends excepted, as some tour operators don't have staff available during the weekends.

We checked up on this case, as we do wish to only provide an excellent service. We were informed that you sent an email to Unique Adventure International on May 9th at 2:34 PM, and they replied on 10th May 10:01 PM, per the email information. We hope and trust that you received a fulfilling reply from them, but just to be sure, I am hereby giving input regarding your the boots required for the Mera Peak climb:

Scarpa, La Sportiva or Koflach 3 seasons or 4 seasons boots will work for the climb. These boots or similar can be rented in Khare as well, if you don't have your own and neither wish to purchase new boots. We have some rather experiences trekking experts in our customer service team so if you need any further information, please do not hesitate to reply to: customerservice@bookmundi.com - we'll always reply you within 24 hours :)

We're wishing you an amazing Mera Peak climb. Take good care.

Best Travel Wishes,