Bookmundi Reviews

of reviewers recommend Bookmundi
Courier, Own Driver
Email, Live Chat, Telephone
2 - 3 Hours

Tell us how Bookmundi made you happy
We had an overall pleasant experience with this company despite the unfortunate circumstances of covid19. I will say of note that our main point of contact, Sarah, was very responsive and didn’t make us wait long when we had asked a question, which was helpful. Back in January 2020, we booked a trek in Nepal for four people in April. Due to the outbreak of Covid, the tour operator in Nepal contacted us directly to inform us they were cancelling the tour and Nepal was not allowing non-citizens to enter. Bookmundi worked with us to help us partially refund our deposit, and also offered us to keep the deposit on hold and rebook a tour through 2022 (which was not an option for us, so we declined). The only frustrating part of the experience was, outside of the accepted cancellation window, deposits are nonrefundable, even if the tour operator is the one to cancel the tour. I’m aware that is in the fine print when you book through the company and part of the risk of booking through an agent like bookmundi rather than directly with the tour agency when you’re on the ground at your destination. I think this is a reasonable policy but it is frustrating when the tour gets cancelled for reasons outside of your control.

Overall, we had a pleasant experience with bookmundi and would recommend booking with them if you prefer the peace of mind of having your tour lined up in advance, with the cost of potentially losing your deposit if the operator has to cancel the tour.
Hi Michelle,

Thank you very much for your review. We appreciate your feedback.

We have offered you several solutions in our separate mail correspondences.

We are actually trying to secure that our partner operators get some revenue, especially when the cancellation is forced upon the tour operator caused by COVID-19. Thus, we are truly trying to help the local operators as well as coming up with workable solutions for our customers, which is also the reason why you were actually offered the option to get a refund.

Have a great day Michelle.

Best,
Sarah Thomsen
Customer Service Manager
Bookmundi
The process of booking was easy, and they seem to work around your time.
Pain free booking!!
no complaints so far....
When booking online there was only one tour time (that was incorrect) to choose from. When in fact there were three different tour times. The company quickly reached out to have me select a time. Other than this there has not been any problems. I have had many questions regarding the tours and the company has gotten back to me extremely quickly with answers to my many questions!!!
Everything worked very smoothly and easily
Prompt and efficient so made booking very easy and quick
Thanks to the team
I had a lovely Tour!
Beautiful Nature not far away from Manila City.
My guide Nory was so friendly with a lot of knowledge to the history of the Philippines.

A good tour!
Thanks
The booking experience was very well done. I experiences a technical glitch when I tried to book initially, but it was soon resolved. Moreover, the staff were incredible friendly and helpful throughout the whole process.
I think your site is great for finding a lot of operators and getting some quotes etc.

Please increase the allowable number of inquiries.

Its kind of cool that the messages come in on the web page.......But need an e mail alert to come into the registered e mail address (would be helpful especially if you do not have Bookmundi page open all day)

After the selection process is completed and I have signed up for a particular tour operator..............It would be great to stop communicating through Bookmundi and just e mail directly with the tour operator.

Otherwise, great web site.

Cheers
So far so good. The only missing information is the time we meet at the hotel in Lisbon, as I'm in Portugal already, renting a place in Albufeira for the entire winter, thus will be going there by train, not plane.
Positive points: they were very nice once the trip was scheduled. Emails were answered fast, customer service was very solicitous, they were also kind enough to accommodate to some of my needs. Prices are reasonable, although I still didn't enjoy the trip to say more about the workings of it.

Negative points: website should not have options showing as available when they actually are not, it makes us lose a lot of time with gibberish and our expectations keep fluctuating; for whatever reason, there was a period of time of at least 20 hours that my Email was not reaching the person that was dealing with my trip and I had to find different channels to reach someone in the company to help me.

Overall, it is a nice company and I would book with them again. The points that I mentioned are to instigate improvement and would certainly work for their own benefit.
Fast response.
The agent Emma Brown was very good and very helpful. In retrospect, I wish there had been more warnings about the lengthy process to obtain a Russian visa. The visa problems may mean I will not have one in time to take the trip though I am paying an exorbitant amount in trying to obtain one in time to depart.
Thomas and Sarah (and all the rest) were very helpful for booking and i appreciate their work. Thanks. I hope that all th trip to Colombia in August will be a great and pleasant experience. Thanks
And i hope to book another trips in future with bookmundi
Excellent travel website; prompt response. Made vendor selection much easier. Website has all pertinent information, and booking interface is also excellent. Will use again.
Sudhakar Pai, PhD
I had an issue with Bookmundi's booking process that resulted in a trip being confirmed and then cancelled. Although I was not pleased with the cancellation, I was very satisfied with their customer service and follow through as they worked with me to a resolution. I will continue to use Bookmundi and recommend them to others.
Dear Nicholas,

This is Jane from Bookmundi.

We are truly sorry that we had to cancel your booking for the “Gourmet Bordeaux Day Trip from Paris with Wine Tastings” tour with Walks LLC in Bookmundi. Please allow me to explain the reason behind the cancellation, as it's an unfortunate case.

We saw that the country code that you had provided in the booking form was from Cameroon, which did not match as your nationality displayed as Canadian. When we tried to call the number, it returned as ‘number does not exist’. As we could not reach you and as the start date was closing in fast, this raised concerns for us, as we have received some fraud bookings recently. We therefore decided to cancel the booking.

Upon further investigation, I today know that we should not have cancelled your booking, Nicholas, as you are indeed a genuine customer. We have of course refunded the money you paid and we have also reached out to you in a separate email with an offer.

All the best
Jane
The booking was quick and easy. The booking agend was very helpful with details about the tour.
Great to be able to use a voucher from a previous trip on a new adventure.
Interactions were always timely, practical and courteous. Explanations were clear and needs anticipated. I'd certainly use them again.
Bookmundi is rated 4.72 based on 302 reviews