Bookmundi Reviews

of reviewers recommend Bookmundi
Courier, Own Driver
Email, Live Chat, Telephone
2 - 3 Hours

Tell us how Bookmundi made you happy
When I cancelled my booking due to Covid 19 Sarah was extremely helpful explaining all my options. She managed to get a credit voucher for my deposit which I had expected to lose. The voucher can be used in the next 5 years. Great customer service with prompt replies to my emails. Will certainly bool with bookmundi again.
The lady who I spoke to named Sarah on the customer Service team was extremely helpful, very friendly & always very quick to reply- whenever I had questions she gave exact information. Excellent service!
Due to COVID, I first rescheduled my trip, which they accommodated without any problem. Then because of Sri Lankan travel restrictions, my trip was cancelled. They issued a full refund. The representative I worked with was very responsive and courteous.
We had an overall pleasant experience with this company despite the unfortunate circumstances of covid19. I will say of note that our main point of contact, Sarah, was very responsive and didn’t make us wait long when we had asked a question, which was helpful. Back in January 2020, we booked a trek in Nepal for four people in April. Due to the outbreak of Covid, the tour operator in Nepal contacted us directly to inform us they were cancelling the tour and Nepal was not allowing non-citizens to enter. Bookmundi worked with us to help us partially refund our deposit, and also offered us to keep the deposit on hold and rebook a tour through 2022 (which was not an option for us, so we declined). The only frustrating part of the experience was, outside of the accepted cancellation window, deposits are nonrefundable, even if the tour operator is the one to cancel the tour. I’m aware that is in the fine print when you book through the company and part of the risk of booking through an agent like bookmundi rather than directly with the tour agency when you’re on the ground at your destination. I think this is a reasonable policy but it is frustrating when the tour gets cancelled for reasons outside of your control.

Overall, we had a pleasant experience with bookmundi and would recommend booking with them if you prefer the peace of mind of having your tour lined up in advance, with the cost of potentially losing your deposit if the operator has to cancel the tour.
Hi Michelle,

Thank you very much for your review. We appreciate your feedback.

We have offered you several solutions in our separate mail correspondences.

We are actually trying to secure that our partner operators get some revenue, especially when the cancellation is forced upon the tour operator caused by COVID-19. Thus, we are truly trying to help the local operators as well as coming up with workable solutions for our customers, which is also the reason why you were actually offered the option to get a refund.

Have a great day Michelle.

Best,
Sarah Thomsen
Customer Service Manager
Bookmundi
The process of booking was easy, and they seem to work around your time.
Always prompt and on point, trying to help the customer get the maximum from every situation :)
Due to cancellations with COVID-19 we did not take our trip. They have been a pleasure to deal with during the cancellation process.
Before visiting South Africa in Jan-Feb 2020 I decided almost last minute to add Kruger National Park to my trip. Jammie made this the easiest experience ever! He got me a private bungalow with everything I asked for, 1 bush walk and 3 game drives during my 3 day visit. I’m currently working with him again for a return trip this Nov. Even during the current health crisis he would randomly reached out to me to let me know he was still working on building me the perfect trip. He finally got me setup for over a half a month, 2 country trip for a great price. Thank you Jammie! I’m a customer for as long as I can travel.
This company processed my credit card knowing that the tour they were selling me was not available for the date I booked. They requested that I switch my purchase to another tour. The tour they wanted to change it to did not fit our schedule. I requested a refund and was told I would get one. However, it has been several weeks now and I still have not received the money. I paid them over $300 and they have not returned any of it. Don’t trust them!!
Hi,

Thanks for your review.

These are special times and we were unfortunately not aware that the tour you booked was not available. However, we actually did process a full refund of the USD 300 the moment we were notified. We have reached out in a separate mail as well.

Have a great day ahead.

Best,
Sarah
Head of Customer Service
Bookmundi
Booking the tour was an efficient and easy process. However my tour was cancelled by the operator a few days before I was due to travel due to COVID-19 virus restrictions. One week later Bookmundi has refunded my deposit in full. Given the current collapse of tourism in this crisis, Bookmundi has acted swiftly and responsibly. I wish I could say the same about Booking.com who are being very difficult with so called "non-refundable" bookings.
Hi Carl,

Thank you very much for informing us.

We have kept in contact with your operator throughout the process and have also been informed that you were offered a good solution.

Kind Regards,
Sarah
good approach
Very helpful customer service!!!
Fast easy and simple
If our trip lives up to our booking experience we will be giving you 10/10!
Jammie has been extremely helping in accommodating out frequently changing plans and took all the pain out of the experience of booking accommodation along a planned road trip.
Team contacted me when my first choice was not available and had another opportunity to book. Appreciated this
Peace of mind, easy to book. Reasonably prompt response! Overall very satisfied
Thanks to Mike Adley, from Bookmundi Customer Service, I was able to book this tour on the only day I had for this.
Great easy professional I will recommend you to everyone interested in going to Nepal and or trekking to EBC
Hope flights and accom are as easy to arrange and book!
Great job many thanks
And this is a genuine review Gerry from QLD Australia
I was very happy with the easy booking procedure. I was also very pleased that the confirmation for my tour came through within a couple of hours.
After a few email exchanges with one of the very helpful advisors I decided to book with Bookmundi. Overall a very simple and pleasant process.
Bookmundi is rated 4.72 based on 303 reviews