Brightside Insurance Reviews

50% of reviewers recommend Brightside Insurance

How would you rate Brightside Insurance ?

"Shockingly dishonest and potentially fraudulent company. I am currently in the process of making a compliant to the Financial Ombudsman about their practices. I accepted a motorcycle quote from them of 365 GBP for 12 months for 3rd party liability insurance and some of their add-ons. I answered their questionaire honestly and only after I paid, the paperwork stated the no-claims was supposed to be in the last two years. I told them immediately that my last insurance policy was 2 years and 2 months ago. They waited until after the 14 day cooling off period to inform me they are raising the rate by 119 GBP since my last insurance policy was just over 2 years old. I looked around and realized there were a lot more competitive quotes than that. I cancelled less then 14 days after I recieved the notice of increase. After ignoring the request for cancellation for 7 days, they inform me thatthey are charging me over 200 GBP for an insurance policy that lasted less than one month when the orginal 12 month policy that was quoted at 365 GBP (484 when they raised it)! Darkside claims that I have to pay the full 12 months additional add-ons, which was not the way they representated them at all at purchase. --> Stay away: Darkside may seem like a good deal from the initial quote, but just wait...."
"Good service, very helpful on phone. Profesional."
Brightside Insurance is rated 2.50 based on 2 reviews