Direct Line Insurance Reviews

43% of reviewers recommend Direct Line Insurance

Tell us how Direct Line Insurance made you happy

"Amazing insurance provider and l just love it because it served me well, when l was their customer."
Are you Direct Line Insurance? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Get Access
"I had insurance with them for 2years and there price was very high so I asked them to reduce but they refused, they can’t do it , I said I have other insurance with them but nothing doing"
"Great british call centre support staff (Isaac) was very helpful professional, cheerful and knowledgeable. Although not the cheapest insurance provider, the service and product provided was superior and I managed to broker a deal, cheaper than their own renewal price after getting comparison quotes online first."
"Not very helpful when trying to get my car insurance"
"After only one year and with a further addition to my ncb, they wanted to increase my premium from £404 to £550,so i looked elsewhere."
"They have been fantastic to deal with for car insurance claims. Efficient and no-fuss. However insurance premiums are relatively pricey."
"The renewal quote for my wife’s car insurance was £200 more than another provider.p even though supposedly she had a 30% discount for 9+ years no claim bonus. She rang and asked them what the cost would be to remove two named drivers and it was increased by a further £40! Needless to say, she did not renew her policy."
"Really expensive to renew with"
"Very expensive in comparison to its competitors"
"On renewal, all they managed was to increase the price which seemed ridiculous"
"Unreliable - Will find excuses not to settle the claim. Content insurance details: furniture inside the garage damaged by water. Direct Line Insurance did not settle the claim because they exclude garages as part of the house."
"couldn't get insurance quote on line so called in - then after entering all questions was told they couldn't give me a quote but could not tell me why! A waste of time!"
"Excellent company to deal with. Good products and customer service"
"Amazing they was"
"Brilliant"
"We all go through the merry go round every year to chip a few pounds off our premiums. A corrupt and exploitative financial system."
"Saudc35%off but when I rang that was gor existing customers only!! And it was very expensive"
"After ten years confused"
"They were not interested in keeping my business even when I haven't made any claims in over 9 years."
"very poor site and very long winded. gave up in the end and went elswhere."
Direct Line Insurance is rated 3.09 based on 23 reviews