Ebay Reviews

82% of reviewers recommend Ebay
00AM
12AM

Tell us how Ebay made you happy

Over a month
refunds process
Difficult
returns process
Could Be Better
"My first experience selling on ebay will be my last! I sold my item 11 days ago and my payment was put on hold until the item was delivered. I had to wait several extra days while the buyer got around to paying customs. The item was delivered 4 days ago and ebay is still holding my money! I have made several calls and have been told my money was released and the issue was with PayPal. Finally today someone admitted that they still had a hold on my funds and she claimed to release it, but according to paypal, the money is still being held. I have $436 that I am not being paid and no one is taking accountability or resolving my issue. This is hands down the worst, most upsetting customer service experience I've ever had. I don't know what more I'm expected to do in order to get them to do their job!"
Are you Ebay? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Free Access
"crooks all the way hope this company goes belly up one day"
"ebay is a very bad business removes negative feedback when it benefits them screw you ebay never again"
"What used to be a good company is now only motivated by greed. I cannot wait until there is a competitor for eBay. They have a monopoly of the market sadly and they run the company as a dictatorship. I was just suspended from selling because a customer sent a phone number. When I queried the suspension their response was "sharing contact information outside of ebay is not allowed"... the customer sent me a phone number I did not ask for or respond to. eBay openly admit that we did nothing wrong in a text chat (I have saved) but say the decision to suspend us is final. There is very little we can do now, we are looking into ways to make a formal complaint."
"I accepted an offer from a buyer and then they didn't want to pay for it, I filed on it and the costomer said it was a for item and eBay believed them and took my 3 dollar fee out anyway and then took my item down, what a joke"
"I have spent thousands of dollars a year on Ebay for years, I made a $50 purchase that never showed up to the house, seller had a tracking number that showed delivered, I have a security system and nothing was ever delivered. I am an honest person and would not have opened a case with them if I had received the product. Ebay did not even try and talk to me they just awarded the case to the seller. I will not be using Ebay any longer, the revenue they lose from my sales and purchases alone will cost them more weekly than if they would have communicated with me even just a little on a scammer seller."
"This is an absolutely disgusting company which treats sellers horribly. I am closing my account and never using Ebay again. I suggest everybody else does the same."
"Worst company on the planet for sellers. Will refund money for any or no reason, and now ridiculously rates and limits sellers."
"Why am I seeing so many bad reviews from people trying to buy items on Ebay? It seems something has changed, when I have ordered in the past I didn't see this many, now I am deterred by this...."
"Ebay dealing with Pay pal only. But they never mentioned the Paypal chargers on their website of fees window as that is a huge amount. https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/selling/fees-credits-invoices/fees-private-sellers?id=4364 But the eBay advisor did know this straightaway there is a charge of 20p+3.4% final value. If they did know and Paypal operates as another company how this guy did know the charge amount straight away I sold lots of stuff and only got to know there is PayPal charge Involved after I receive the final bill in the month-end only. I asked I need another way to do the transaction but eBay has no other way than Paypal. So definitely these two companies had an agreement and agreed on transaction fees, but never displayed to customer straightaway. This is a completely bad policy an this is the Secon time that eBay"
"I have been with Ebay for over 10+ years & I have now realised as a trusted buyer that Ebay has no respect & that is also not protection for buyers. I recently bought an item from a seller not to far away in Worthing UK. I am based in London, postage was 2nd class. After 2 weeks waiting item still not received so I contacted them, they stated that due to postal issue mail was diverted & I should wait a further 5 days. I waited, no item. I again grew concerned so contacted them again stating it I should have received it by the 2.5 weeks passed. A few hours later they gave me a full refund. (Fair enough). As Item was required by myself I decided to replace order again. within minutes again seller refunded, so I contacted them again they stated that because I did not receive the first item there is a problem with my address & under there policy they wont ship there. I live in London on a busy business Highway & receive post daily so I really dont see what there issue was about. So I decided in that case I would reorder & have item sent to another confirmed address which used a different delivery office only to find out this company block my account from future orders & sent me a message stating that now I would not have to wait 2 weeks. This I found disgusting & very unprofessional. I decided to order items from another company which I received in 3 days. I decided to contact Ebay as I felt I was treated unfairly as I also left NETURAL feedback towards this company for this conduct, I felt this fair as Negative feedback would in this case be unjust. Ebay Customer services felt that my actions were justified. A day later upon checking sellers feedback I noticed that my feedback had been removed so I recontacted Ebay who stated because I received a refund the system automatically will remove Neutral or negative feedback entered & that this is automated but due to the second shipment also being refunded I have the option to leave feedback again & that will not be removed if Neutral or negative. After 5+ days I left honest feedback. A few days later I check feedback left only to find again that it was again removed. I find this disgusting & unfair towards buyers & if after 2 weeks waiting & wasting buyers time & not able to leave honest feedback without it being removed I find very unfair. I had to order from another company after 2 weeks which also affected my business as I was let down by this company & I dont have a say, I find that very unfair. The seller in question as Im sure I have a right to say was earlscustoms. I will contact Ebay again to find out what there excuse is this time for the removal of there feedback and I do hope that this seller in the near future seizes trading."
"Its really bad, bad communication aswell! Will never order again on ebay website"
"eBay is a horrible platform for sellers. I have had an issue with a customer who put through outrageous claims and provided no proof, while I provided clear proof that contradicts his claims and yet they side with the customer. They expect their sellers to, simply put, become slaves to customers and say yes to whatever the customer says. They expect you to compensate and issue refunds to scammy and dishonest customers and will take their side on every occasion. It is a very bad platform for sellers as they treat sellers unfairly and not willing to listen or comprehend your point of view as a seller. If you are looking to sell products or open a business, avoid eBay and try Amazon instead. Unlike eBay, Amazon are fair to their sellers as they are to their buyers and they are slowly overtaking eBays market in Australia."
"Repeatedly rejected several different cards - Visa Debit, Mastercard etc. Wouldn't let me pay for items seperately either. Time sensitive voucher now expired. After several attempts returned to shopping basket and tried again only to get same results. Later all items disappeared from shopping basket. Had successfully used one of the same cards earlier in the day for a different product on ebay. Customer service terrible - impossible to find contact information in the first place."
"Accused me of fraud. Defaming me, Cancelled my account then proceeded to inform sellers i was suspicious. They lied and lied and lied to me."
"company and platform is BS and a total waste of time"
"Ebay customer care helpline number 9199123908//7044803812 eBay customer care helpline number 9199123908//7044803812 eBay customer care helpline number 9199123908//7044803812"
"Not reliable"
"Ebay is plagued with non paying bidders now. I am not going to bother listing anything on there after today. Sold 12 items last week to 12 bidders and 5 items were bought by accounts with zero feedback and didnt pay. So then I had to wait 2 weeks for ebay to give me my final fee back, but I am not allowed to leave any negative feedback. Whole thing is a joke. Its illegal to bid without finalisation as your in a contract, but ebay dont honour this or allow sellers to try and take further thus are in a way helping law breakers do this. I have lost an hour of my time writing listing and preparing ready for dispatch for nothing. Cant relist again for some time as I dont know when I will be back home to post out."
Ebay is rated 4.22 based on 2,515 reviews