Ebay Reviews

87% of reviewers recommend Ebay
03AM
3AM

Tell us how Ebay made you happy

Telephone, Email, Live Chat
Over a week
"Great products"
Are you Ebay? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Free Access
"I had been ebay member since 2012. I bought and sold many stuff. I didn’t get any negative feedback. I hadn’t checked my account last 4 months. When I need to sell a few stuff on ebay I logged in and realised ebay doesnt allow me sell anymore. I contacted with them. The customer service said i’m not meeting ebay seller standard. She said they sent me email and gave me a chance to meet these criterias for 3 months. But as I didnt logged in 4 months i never saw this emails I was so surprised as I never got negative feedback or complain They shut down my selling section indefinitely. I might have made a mistake although i didnt get any bad fredback or complain. I’m not a proffesional seller. More expensive product I sold was max £15. But Ebay could ban me selling for a while not indefinitely. Even when people on blacklist they get clear in 6 years. I don’t understand why is that indefinetly?! These corporate companies have their own rules and they are like even above law."
"Item recieved fast will buy from again"
"Complete scam. eBay provides a platform for fake sellers to make a living in a sleazy way."
"Very poor customer service."
"Would I recommend eBay - BIG FAT NO. After buying a faulty echo dot from hightechelectonics through eBay and logging on to your online chat 3 times I am still no nearer on receiving a refund. I was recommended by eBay to return it with proof of delivery which I did - It hasn’t made any difference what’s so ever. I have also tried unsuccessfully to contact Hightechelecronics."
"Nice to buy and easy to find things."
"Quick delivery"
"Ordered coveralls, USPS tracking said they delivered but item was not there I contacted seller and Ebay, results no replacement, nor refund..out of 90 bucks...will never visit Ebay again...never had problems with packages being delivered from stores and amazon....probably delivered to a neighbor but I payed the price!!"
"I've had very few issues with eBay , but the couple I've had is enough to tell me to use another site. I bought a pricy pair of headphones off the eBay site that never arrived. After some time I contacted the seller multiple times to request information on where exactly my item was delivered with no reply. Contacted eBay to help and they passed me to pay pal as they said they couldn't help. Pay pal later denied my request as they say it was delivered *but where they have no idea. So I'm left with an item that never came and out the money I spent with no help from either source. I'll gladly spend my money elsewhere."
"Bad experience with eBay customer service. I sold an item and the buyer backed out. So we canceled the transaction. I called eBay because I couldn’t cancel it online. They could not cancel it either so they put me through to their IT department. They told me it was corrected and transferred me back to eBay where I asked them that I not be charge the fees because the item didn’t sell. They assured me it wouldn’t they did eventually take the money from my account the fees. When I called them about it They apologized. He told me it would take 24 hours to credit it back. I called two days later and they told me it could take a month to get the money refunded back to me. Management could do nothing about the situation. This was over a one-month time. From when the items sold two when I spoke to management and they still told me it would be a month or up to a month before I would get my payment back. No compassion either. They were not friendly to me in the least. It was just a kind of a well that’s how it works."
"Bad experience with Ebay. Sold an item and received good feedback and funds were promptly paid into my Paypal account. But Ebay put a "ship to fund hold" on my funds. For no reason they could give me. I phoned Ebay 4 times and each time was told they would release my funds - but they didn't. Phoned Paypal and was told that Ebay are bad at this and I should persist. I'm still trying to get my funds released - hasn't happened yet. Am stressed and fed up - would like to think I'll not use Ebay again."
"I've used Ebay for years now, it's where I go to get new or used tech and music equipment. It's not just an auction site, many people have set up their own stores and allow you to directly purchase items!"
"Went round in circles trying to return an item - seller nice enough but not offering much help. Yodel totally hopeless - EBay web chat was great - all information to hand and understood my problem straight away. Intervened now and I feel confident it'll be resolved v soon."
"Do not sell your items with Ebay go elsewhere! I have always relied on Ebay for a variety of things and when it came for me to sell my books I thought it would be the perfect place. Unfortunately, it couldn't have gone more wrong. I shipped my items and I never received payments. Instead, to my surprise the buyers cancelled their payments and Ebay's system allowed this. I contacted Ebay multiple times over email and over the phone and the customer representatives simply told me that it was my fault that I am in this situation. Interestingly enough, I would have not been able to send my items to the buyer if they had not put down the payment in the first place. I originally thought this was a smart approach Ebay had put into place but unfortunately it did work correctly in my situation. It has been six months since I sold my items and I still have neither received my payment for the items or gotten any useful help from ebay. It is quite disappointing that a company that is usually known for its good business instead turned out to be quite the opposite: complicated, unresponsive, and rude. If you are looking to sell, I recommend staying away from Ebay and going to another company."
"BEWARE they will steal your money if supplier issue credit BEWARE supplier issued a credit to me that I paid for on my credit card and ebay paid it to paypal when I do not have a paypal account!!!! They don't care and issit I contact payal even though I do not have an account SHOPPERS BEWARE!!!!"
"Ebay great for shopping online safely, if things go wrong there good protection from Ebay and also PayPal. Check out seller details feedback and make an informed choice. I've been using it for years and not to many problems, and lots of good deals , would recommend to anyone."
"I cannot live without EBay. They're a brillant website & you can get such good deals & lots for your money. I 100% recommend this website & do not hesitate to use them. A+++"
"Lost my box two months to get money back not good"
"eBay forced buyer refund but didn’t require buyer to return item...out $270"
Ebay is rated 4.39 based on 2,369 reviews