Ebay Reviews

88% of reviewers recommend Ebay
1 New Reviews Written
11PM
11PM

Tell us how Ebay made you happy

Telephone, Email, Live Chat
"Charged me a fortune for an item I didn’t even sell just because the prospective buyer wanted to see it before he considered buying so I gave him my mobile number & postcode. Total thieves."
Are you Ebay? No one is perfect. Reply to this negative review and show your potential customers that you value the feedback Ebay receives and that when things do go wrong you do your best to put things right. Reply Free
"Ebay has been changing the bar and sellers beware! Buyers beware as sellers leave the platform due to erroneous uses of SNAD. Did you know that you can sell something brand new, matches an MPN of a major retailer BUT if a buyer says it doesn't match the (white, brown, grey, tan) i have then ergo you haven't described it accurately? Yes i can have an exact match to a major retailer and the photo the buyer sends matches my photo 100% or extremely close bearing in mind professional lighting used by a retailer versus 'joe at home' photographing skills. But they're big issue, as detailed in the text, is that it doesn't match something at home. What you say? That's an opinion therefore a 'change of mind'? All sellers legally have to do is match their own photos, describe condition if used or packaging is new, ensure an mpn to make sure it's water tight with your description...then in fact you've described accurately but the buyer changed their mind. Good luck telling ebay that. No it doesn't matter that their text implicates them and exonerates a seller...no one reads it. Did you know that? They have an autofeature on all cases of SNAD to find in the buyer's favour and the seller can work out the appeal later. Generally speaking sellers and buyers both get compensated for a 'no fault' case. Great use of money, frustration and time ebay. If you ask them to explain this bizarre business practice, they say 'you must wait 8 days for it to escalate to an ebay member of staff' but wait you say, at that point you've already assumed my guilt and the buyers innocence...took money from my account, sent them a label on my behalf! Oh then you get the answer that ebay assumes people are good and telling the truth (that's a quote from ebay) but you say...well if 'people' are good doesn't that presume sellers too? The answer goes back to but they buyer says it isnt the right colour. You say but I've proven here and here and here...even with their own evidence that it is! Ah...but then you have to wait the 8 days and round the circle we go! Glad ebay assumes buyers are right, honest, know what a COM is versus a SNAD is and dont make a living h*ll of a life for the seller with threats of feedback if you dont accept the return for 'whatever reason, what does it matter?' But i, as a private seller, have the right to say no to COM...at least that's what ebay says! Oh but we're dealing in moveable policies...mine with not accepting them can change, theirs of honouring this promise...eh moveable. But they get around it by tying sellers into knots and dealing with more abusive buyers with unreasonable demands that state that they item must match what they 'believe' it should match be that a carpet, a sofa, a dress, a shirt...the list goes on. Why ebay do you presume that buyers with a 33% chance of being right, are well...right? And yes, it comes down to about 33%. There is 33% chance they have experience and are trying it on, knowing ebay will find in their favour and no longer is it a matter of sellers having the opportunity to say - I don't do change of mind, which is their right. Or they can, as so often happens, be a novice ebay buyer who doesn't know the difference or reads ebay's (obscure, hidden, not advertised, etc) policy of what falls under 'SNAD' versus 'COM' and ebay fails when someone joins ebay, when they buy something, when they are unhappy with their purchase and worse still, when it is proven, after the seller has to prove again that they sold the item correctly, that it was buyer's remorse, ebay STILL DOESN'T TELL THEM. So sellers go through a lot in the case history to prove something, unequivocally, and still ebay does not inform the buyer that they cannot and should not use SNAD as a get out of jail free card. So sellers are abused again and again with ever increasing demands of 'making buyers happy', not making sure that they sell the item they promised to sell. Isn't that for business sellers - to ensure buyers are happy? Isn't it for private sellers - who want to sell their item for a fair market price and not have it returned, unpackaged, changed, tried on - to sell accurately to ensure that doesn't happen, with a nod to 'keeping buyer's happy' by dealing with them professionally, and attempting to work this out? So ebay - why do you ignore your promise to ebay sellers that they may decline change of mind returns? Oh but you say a buyer has said it isnt as described? I say 66% that isn't true, either through falsifying claims or pure, unadulterated, ignorance - which you refuse to clear up with telling people what the difference is, and holding them to it. You say people are good - what about private sellers, are they not? They have at least a 33% chance of being right and good too! They can describe something accurately, maybe get it wrong which accounts for 33%, or be falsifying their listings - but let's face it, they'll pay the price 10 times over if they do. With ebay finding in the favour of the buyer, many legal issues, and bad feedback (which sellers aren't allowed to return to buyers). So they already have much incentive to not be in the 33% of deliberately not describing an item. But they have 33% chance they have done so absolutely accurately, and it is the buyer's - at ebay's insistence - over indulgence into entitlement, or it is due to the buyer's - at ebay's enabling - why? oh yes because buyers are good people, only - to never learn or know the difference. I plan on finding a seller who sells oranges, getting them, then putting in a SNAD and saying - they weren't flown over from Florida - not as described - to see how ebay arbitrates that! Can I do it? Can I get away with telling sellers that it isn't just to sell oranges, as they do, but to sell the oranges I WANT, and get away with it. Before anyone in the peanut gallery comments that returns are a better idea. That is an opinion and great though it may be, we have to deal in facts. Ebay offers sellers the option to refuse Change of Mind, but honour, despite their policies to the contrary, buyer's claims - no questions asked. They encourage buyers to become harassing, argumentative, entitled, sometimes simply due to ignorance of online buying! So despite your opinion of whether or not it's a good idea, it is in fact a policy they have and therefore have to honour. I cannot decide that I think people should work 14 hour days, that's my opinion - but as a manager or owner of a business, I cannot expect that or begin to change the laws arbitrarily, or what would be more efficient, or better business for me, or even better business for my customers because I get - through my employees - so much more work done for my clients! I have to find the right balance, know the laws, know their rights and balance it against client's wishes - it's my job to work that balance out. As much as it is ebay's job to work that balance out. Buyers don't win, anymore than my clients do over what I have to balance as promises or laws for my employees. So ebay, I put to you the following questions and yes, I'd like something responded to as thought out, well reasoned, as my information above - stop stating your policy like it's an answer, I know your policy and I am questioning it here in a public forum for anyone here to see, and anyone, should I share what's on here, publicly or publicised, to see: 1. Why do you not honour private sellers rights to not accept COM returns? 2 Why does your system automate the decision in the buyer's favour, which precludes you from honouring your promise to private sellers? 3. Why are buyer's 'good people' and assumed as such? 4. Why aren't sellers assumed as 'good people'? 5. Why can sellers not put feedback on buyers who abuse the system and other so that other sellers may preclude them from sales if they want? 6. Why can't sellers say, realistically, I do not want anyone who has 0 feedback because they are generally ignorant of ebay's policies and indignant that they know they will get a MBG no matter what because all sellers must, for any reason? 7. Why do you not allow for removal of buyers with less than zero feedback to exist as a preclusion from seller's available buyer audience as you claim to do in site preferences (it's a non-sequitur) - those are the only 'feedback' exclusions ebay allows on site preferences but they essentially are unicorns and do not exist because no buyer can be less than zero and they can just start up a new ebay account to be a nuisance to someone else? This is further exacerbated by ebay staff who repeat policies over and over never realising they do not make sense, overrule seller's rights, and are down right insulting by saying we believe the buyer, so set up an automated system in their benefit, because we believe people are good."
"Never again!!! Money guaranteed? That's a lie!! Paid and never received a package or a refund! Ebay closed my case because it was showing the item was delivered? Meanwhile I never received anything! This is ridiculous. If i could i would leave NO STARS!!! Waste of time and waste of moneyyyyyy, in my case."
"I have ordered many things over the last few weeks with a few items going missing. The thing I really don't get is why eBay make buyers wait so long before they step in I ordered an item on the 6th November with 48hr delivery expected 9-10 now eBay say they can not step in until 22nd November. Sorry but if I order from other places and my item is not delivered when stated I get a refund as it's my rights as a customer"
"Unsupportive eBay after purchasing a phone which is obviously a scam. After purchasing a phone yesterday thinking it was ok as I went through sellers feedback and seem on the surface ok. Went back durning the evening to check again and found some newly listed negative feedback saying seller took money didn’t send item and then realisted it which is when I purchased it.... called eBay today to try and cancel and get money back but no chance have to wait till the 18th November to see if seller sends the item then have to start fighting for the money back..... why can’t they just cancel the order and refund the money..... eBay did say they were monitoring this seller!!!! That’s no good to honest people who buy from eBay on a regular basis like myself........."
"I am an occasional buyer an sold a handful of unused items on Ebay about 15 items in three years. Recently I bought a screen protector for my phone from this trade seller and it did not fit my phone although I had ordered what I thought was the correct product. Left some feedback on Ebay to warn other customers and have not used any abusive language at all. The Trade seller simply opened a case against me and accused me of leaving misleading feedback. I got a nasty email from Ebay advising me that I had abused their policies and that my feedback was removed. I was angry to be treated in such a way when all I did was leave some honest feedback and contacted customer services only to be told that once feedback was removed there was nothing that could be done. I advised them that clearly nobody had checked my review nor the facts and that somebody somewhere had just clicked on a button without checking anything, they could not care less and dismissed my complaints. I think feedback on ebay is misleading and should not be taken as completely honest and independant. Ebay is becoming more a place for big traders who don't really care if they have some negative feedback, you just have to cross your fingers when making a purchase through the Ebay Jungle. Similarly, I think Ebay does not protect small sellers and is quick to quick them whenever they receive a couple of negative feedbacks. Ebay used to be a good place to buy soem really good bargains from honest private sellers but today it has grown too big and only seeks profits from thebig fat cats and couldnt care less about private customers or traders"
"never using eBay again. Rip off people. Charged me £18.50 for a listing that was meant to be £1. And their customer service tells me to check the terms and conditions.when I was listing the item there was nothing that told me"
"Awful for both buying & selling - eBay do not care about either buyers or seller's only the money they get - they treat seller's like rubbish and expect the seller to stand any misues scamming from buyers, which happens all the time, 'my item never turned up' BS, how they even get away with this legally this day and age is just crazy, i've bought plenty of items not registered online and they ALLWAYS turn up never had any items not turn up. As a buyer now it is not a good place because NO ONE dare sell anything worthwhile as they are scared they will be scammed so the site is full of CHEAP rubbish. I once read someone wrote - 'never sell on eBay something you can not afford to lose' thus equals eBay - awful they way its ended up."
"The most awful along site I've ever used, stupid outdated policies that only protect the buyer not the seller and ensure that fraudulent buyers can commit their offences with EBays help and blessings. Useless customer service department that you struggle to email and they seem to struggle to understand basic English. For the fees you pay to use the site a yard sale with a three year old running it would be more efficient. I can honestly say I have never HATED any other site in the way I hate ebay. Useless pointless and aggravating."
"OK to buy or sell second hand goods but I recently bought a new phone. After 3 months it developed an intermittent fault. The seller suggested several software fixes but when it turned out to be none of these the seller suggested I take it to a phone shop and they would refund the cost of the repair. The phone was £58.00 so no phone shop is going to waste time on trying to repair an intermittent fault on a £58.00 phone. The supplier no longer replies to emails. The phone is now a coaster. Ironically I gave the seller a 5 star review a couple of weeks after purchase. Ebay has no way of challenging a supplier when an item goes wrong within the guarantee period so lesson learned, no more new items from Ebay."
"Listed 50 items for sale and crappy ebay closed them for no apparent reason."
"Excellent buyer security and customer service. Detailed descriptions and picures. Using it more and more"
"Quality products and great customer service ( not cheap and rubbish like Wish )."
"Love the deals I find!"
"Great prices, lots of choices, fantastic service, can't ask for more."
Tim
"Just purchased a great reconditioned Delonghi Esam2800 from manufacturer via ebay. Free postage, 1 year warranty and only £168 quid. More than 100 quid less than new from Argos with same warranty. unboxed it appears to be brand new and works perfectly. Result"
"Changed a lot recently and customer protection is lacking now. Approved sellers seem to be able to do what they want with no real comeback from dissatisfied customers. Obviously they create a lot of revenue for ebay so Joe blogs customers get no help from ebay anymore to resolve issues"
"Con. 1 pound selling items cost me £150 and didn't sell customs service rude use Facebook it free and better"
"I find Ebay very easy to use and if something not right, they will sorted without any fuss. I would tell anyone to use Ebay, and you can order anytime day or night."
"Bought 3 items at beginning of last week and they all arrived within a week. Would recommend"
Ebay is rated 4.44 based on 2,298 reviews