Eko Reviews

of reviewers recommend Eko
Read Eko Reviews

About Eko:

Eko is connecting with clinicians around the world to enhance care with the next generation Stethoscope & ECG. We are a growing company that appreciates clinical feedback for our products, so we can keep innovating them and working towards improving cardiac care.

+1 (844) 356-3384

contact@ekohealth.com

2600 10th Street, Suite 260

Tell us how Eko made you happy
It's good but painful to record and save each recording as every 'save' requires a good quality internet access and unfortunately, there is no wifi at the hospital where recording is happening. It will be great to have saving option without internet access.
I've been using it for about 2 weeks now. It's ok, but there is room for improvement. It was delivered expeditiously without border hassles to my Canadian address. The box is quite nice, on par with Apple type products, and as such, I was a bit disappointed with the Eko itself. Solid, but a cheaper feeling plastic which would have been nicer had it been a rubberized or equivalent type of plastic, which could also facilitate better holding. The half-fist size of the device adds a notable and verge-of-unwieldiness length to my Cardiology III. In addition, it's heavy enough to change the weight of how it drapes around my neck between use; i.e. it pulls the scope down, necessitating frequent re-adjustments...glad I don't run with it. In this day of tiny transducers/amplifiers and ear pods, I'm surprised that the whole device is not more miniaturized and lightweight. I'm not thrilled by the big on/off button; there should be a more elegant on/off button/slider. Functionally, it certainly amplifies, but it reminds me of music playback of the pre-noise reduction era or a microphone without the foam covering. All noise from skin rubbing to hair crackling to finger adjustment is amplified. I have to change how I move the scope from one location to another...no dragging or bumping. Once set up, can I hear sounds louder and more clearly? Yes. And the volume is adjustable. The app is cute, but only marginally practical, as I wouldn't typically 'analyze' the sounds or sound wave or sound pattern for more than a few seconds. I suppose I'm just an old doc with an old stethoscope that facilitates >95% sounds that I need to hear within seconds. I do appreciate the ability to increase the volume to clarify some sounds. I'd be disappointed in myself if it really discovered sounds that I would not have been able to hear with some careful adjustment of ear piece, room quietness and focused intent. So, it's an ok addition to a spare stethoscope, and I appreciate the inexpensive pricing. And I guess that's pretty much the summary...you get what you pay for. I'm a lot more impressed with my $1200 dermascope with high quality finish, nice hand balance, compact size and a truly extended utility of clinical practice.
Nice device - works well. Will be really neat when the AI is connected to it. Currently I can't use it much because I need the android app to be connect to it, so looking forward to the time soon when it will work on Android as well!
The customer service was excellent. Unfortunately, my hearing is sufficiently poor that your amplification was inadequate to improve it substantially so I returned the unit. I think your advertising indicated this can amplify sound up to 40X and while I am not certain how it was measured, that did not seem to be the experience for me or my wife who is also a physician and has normal hearing. It helped a little, but not enough.
Excellent stethoscope....would like for it to hold its charge longer but otherwise very good investment.
I have already answered without follow up
made an error; though i was reviewing the eko duo
Works great! I’m a little hard of hearing, so the amplification aspect works well for me. I wish there was an indicator on the device that lit up when it was “on”, as I want to conserve battery life, but it works well “off”, too, so no big worries even there!
Great at magnifying all sounds, but because of the bell’s surface area, it also amplifies a lot of artifact noise. Ability to record heart and lung sounds is great, wish it could broadcast sounds on the bluetooth connected cellphone so I could forego the ear piece all together.
Works as expected however 2 issues (iPhone user):
1. Eko app Graphic interface: speed of sound wave recording cannot be changed, respiratory sound waveform cannot be characterized as well as cardiac.
2. When using AirPods, pauses are noticeable and preclude the use of the device unless cord earpieces are used.
Very strong amplifier . Could be great with noise filter . Battery longs for a day with frequent usage , and might be even more if use amplifier not too frequent
In my experience, using Eko has been helpful in hearing heart and lung sounds louder when there are things going on around you. It’s easy to use and easy to pair with the phone to record what you hear. Some of the things that they can improve on are 1) I forget to turn it off and the battery runs out in less than an hour. 2) the rubber tab that covers the charging port came off and now the charging port is exposed. Just cosmetically not looking good. 3) the original ear buds are small and of poor quality. It broke off within few days. So I got another pair from amazon and now it is fine.
The device requires materials that can handle scratches
My device is very scratched
I like how light the device is
The tube at the juncture with the screw in attachment came unglued from the inner parts exposing the electronics
The ascultation is good
The Ekg part requires more work to get adequate signal

I have used eko stephescope for more than a year. I am very supportive of your efforts and drive for use of devices in telemedicine. I also tell my colleagues about your efforts to use AI and data to study
The patterns and hopefully get signals of disease progression or worsening.
If I can be of assistance to your efforts let me know.

I enjoy using this product in my practice of cardiology.
I wish you provide a case. The device got scratches just by keeping it in my bag.

I really hate having to log into the app before saving tracings. At least in the VA hospitals, there is no Wi-Fi and no cell phone signal. In this setting, I can’t save any tracing. In places where Wi-Fi or cell phone signal is available, it is bothersome/awkward to have to log into the app in front of the patient.
I was thrilled when my Eko Duo arrived! I can't wait to begin using it! Unfortunately, right now it is completely useless because I was not aware that it does not work with any device other than Apple iOS operating systems. A friend of mine borrowed it and was able to pair it with her Apple phone and showed me the readings. It was really cool! We were not able to print out the ECG reading, but didn't try for very long. The only thing I really need is to evaluate for QT prolongation, so I'm not sure if this device will do that for me or not, espcially since right now it is just a black brick until it can pair with Android phones.
Very well made product, with excellent sound quality and I loved the wireless charging feature. Overall, great improvements from original device. However, it did not work for me very well in my practice as a pediatrician. The device is too bulky to use on anyone younger than 7-8 y and hard to maneuver around clothing. The stethoscope also transmits too much noise from touching clothes, patient moving, etc. The lack of an analogue option meant that I cannot use it to check manual BP. It is also too bulky for that purpose. The electrodes would get cold and startle the kids when I'm trying to auscultate. I have to unlock the phone and open the app anytime I need to record and there is no way to do it discretely.
Eko is rated 4.56 based on 390 reviews