First Tutors Reviews

PO Box 860
Preston
PR3 9DF

Tell us how First Tutors made you happy
First Tutors is very useful in helping us find a Tutor who is efficient. First Tutors is my first choice when I am looking for a tutor.
My daughter was taught A Level Psychology by Carey Allen for more than a year. Carey gave her confidence in her subject knowledge and made a huge difference to her ability to write essays well for the exam. More than anything, she gave her the gift of self-belief. She always went over and above what was expected and we owe her enormous gratitude. First Tutors was easy to deal with and once we have made the connection with Carey, we had no contact with them.
I would definitely recommend First Tutors. My daughter use to struggle with maths, thanks to the tutor support my daughter is excelling in her subject. Fatima is an amazing tutor who supports and helps my daughter understand maths. Thank you
I found the website easy to use, helpful information about potential tutors and accurate description of the teaching offered, thank you
John is amazing teacher! His is patient yet he always pushes for excellence . He has gi it explaining things clearly and making them simple and he has tremendous understanding of exam techniques and what examiners are looking for.john is also very friendly makes lesson enjoyable m,and his quick to find alternative lessons when needed John had enabled my son to make exceptional progress in both biology and chemistry and he achieved 98% in his most recent test at school we are extremely happy with john and strongly recommend him
Great platform for tutors and students
First Tutors have reliable, experienced tutors and provide a professional service at a reasonable price. I found an outstanding Government and Politics tutor; James Harding, who tutored my daughter for her 'A' Level. When I found James she was lacking in confidence, had huge gaps in her subject knowledge and had not developed a love for this subject. James delivered both face to face and on line lessons for over a year. He was meticulous with his planning and preparation and dealt sensitively with my daughter's learning difficulties, whist making lesson challenging and fun. Lesson plans and resources were always sent in advance and he went well beyond what was expected in terms of marking work, giving constructive feed back and striking the right balance in terms of helping my daughter achieve her goals. By the end of her two year course this ended up being a subject that she engaged with, enjoyed and more importantly understood. She would not now be at Nottingham University studying Sociology, if it were not for James. We cannot recommend him highly enough. He was genuinely interested in my daughter's progress and without a doubt, helped her to reach her full potential.
Have spent hours trying to pay these people the process is far to difficult if only someone would call back. The payment was made it came out of our account but they say it has not and want more details which makes me think if this a scam.
Very good service
Thank you to Rob Johnson, an English tutor with First Tutors, who helped my daughter, not only pass GCSE English Language and English literature, but to enjoy her lessons and to feel confident about the upcoming exams. Rob’s lessons are varied, interesting, and are full of helpful tips and approaches that equip the student with in-depth knowledge about the GCSE English exams. Rob went above and beyond to teach my daughter in a way that suited her learning style, and sent several useful links and examples to help her on her way. Results arrived today and she is thrilled to have two good passes that have enabled her to enrol on A level subjects of her choice.
My daughter used a tutor called John Backwell for A level maths. He was very knowledgeable and provided guidance and support when asked . He was always on time and even stayed over if required. Would highly recommend .
Not an ideal way of discussing with a tutor. You could at least set it up like a whatsapp chat. I have no problems paying a fee as it is security for the tutor being vetted. However it would be nice to chat with them before employing them.
My son has found that Yinka is absolutely the best tutor for A level Biology we could have hoped for. He is able to make even the most complex facts and processes easy to understand. He is very encouraging, easy to get along with and puts the student at ease. Thank you
Hi , I contacted the Richard Vaughan to give a few tutoring, one I purchased the fee he come very tudo to me and said he never received the payment I seen the proved to him , he is a big scammer , and come with no respect for people I been have tutoring all been so responsible with agreement mutual, but Richard Vaughan was a big scammer took the fee and come around with a lot of message to called stupid on my face and scammer me
I have been looking for SEND tutor on this website and paid for the service to release contact information however the last 3 tutors told me they were experienced in SEND learning with kids ASD & ADHD but it’s clear as soon as they start they don’t! I have had to raise this over and over to first tutors and still got an on. Going complaint going! I wouldn’t Recommend them for this reason!
First tutors helped me find an amazing tutor that helped me a lot in english. Jann made me more confident in english and I understood everything a lot better. She is very helpful and will do as much ad she can to help you. I would recommend Jann if you are struggling or need help in english.
We found Madonna Herron - maths tutor on First Tutors and never looked back. She is just amazing ! So passionate about the subject and had great teaching skills. She is very professional and we feel very lucky to have found her . Highly recommended!
Dealing with First Tutors was pretty easy - in reality, unless you live in a city there will be a limited choice of tutors within driving distance. The website tends to list the tutors using the nearest big town so their actual location can be some distance outside that town so check that before you sign up. In the end after a few visits we ended up doing it all by Teams/Zoom and it worked fine. Joyce, our tutor, was great - she knew her stuff.
Kanwal is a very good math teacher. She is so patient with my son. My son has changed his attitude towards math since we got Kanwal to help him. I would recommend her to anyone looking for a math tutor.
Abi was phenominally good. Mohammed, my son made huge progress after he received tuition by teacher Abisola. Mohammed praised Abi from day one. The rapport she established in the first few lessons she gave Mohammed the momentum to steadily improve. I highly recommend Abisola as a competent math teacher.
The whole experience has been seamless. Very easy process and choice of Tutors excellent. An excellent service.
First Tutors is rated 4.6 based on 8,864 reviews