The Fresh Chile Company Reviews

Larry Deckard
Frank Whaley
Linette Terry
Robert Nay
The chile and salsas are amazing! So good that my first bottle of chile was empty in THREE DAYS! So I ordered three more jars. Oh no, there were only two in the box! One call and my missing jar was replaced the following day and I received a discount code good on my next order. That is customer service!

I am a customer for life!

Cody in El Paso
I thought your service was very helpful.
Just opened the mild salsa and it was wayyyyyy too hot for me.
I love your chile!
Hi Elizabeth,

Thanks so much! Can't wait to hear what you think about our other products too! Thanks for writing us this review!

-Your Fresh Chile Family
OKAY. You asked. Overall very good salsas. I am a Texan in AL. Used to own land in Angel Fire. Kinda obsessed with your life / setup. I make my own red / green salsa. Have contemplated bottling it. Don't make my own peppers, but feel confident in my recipe. I use jalapeno/hab blend for red.

Honest feedback? If you want it. I am a stickler for fresh ingredients. Especially in Alabama. It sets salsas apart. I bought the green and red salsas. IMO - your heat is spot on. That is good. I would improve the flavor of both salsas - especially the green. In particular - more cilantro, lime, garlic, vinegar. Once again - my opinion - to someone with giant amazing ranch in Santa Fe (jealous as hell) making a living off of salsa and growing your own peppers.

I'll order again.

Nice job.

Do you need an onsite lung doctor for your ranch? available for hire.

Sincerely

Alan
All the sauces are amazing!! I am from Las Cruces, New Mexico near Hatch and now live in Indiana. I miss the Hatch chile and when I found The Fresh Chile Co after trying others, I absolutely love it!! Tastes like home!!!
The Abuelos Chili is the closest thing to my homemade enchilada sauce you can find with none of the work. We love it!
Everything tastes wonderful. We eat the chili on everything from eggs to hamburgers. We ordered the Posole this time and it’s amazing! There is nothing from the FCC that isn’t perfect. But pay close attention to the heat level when you order. I’m a medium and my husband is a hot. X-Hot is rocket fuel!
Great tasting chile sauce, both the red and green. I also purchased the posole kit, The instructions included with the kit made it very easy to prepare two quarts of the delicious stew.
Just a side note about the chile sauces heat factor, if you’re used to eating Hatch chile, the “hot” is not very fiery, but if you’re new to the Hatch chile you may want to go with milder versions.
Very good just tried for first time. Love the recipe contest for good ideas . Will be ordering again .
Would be nice if somebody who could be a regular customer was given some sort of price incentive or even free shipping
Hi, David!
We actually DO offer an awesome subscription price for returning customers who want to set up auto-shipments with us. You'll notice it on each product page. You can get 20% any product that you want to be sent recurringly! Please reach out to us if you have any questions and we can always change the order dates, contents, or ship frequency, per your preference! Thank you! service@freshchileco.com
The red enchilada sauce was excellent. Being from NM, we are particular about the red sauce and this is really good!!
We love to hear from our fellow New Mexicans! Thanks for giving us the feedback, Raylene!
I ordered a 3 pack on my iPhone through a fb ad. It was supposed to be a mix of red, green, and abuelo. I believe at least 2 of them were supposed to be spicy. During checkout, if somehow got switched to a 3 pack of mild sauces. (This may have occurred on my end, and could have been due to the small print on my iPhone). Anyway, I was pleasantly surprised that the “mild” did have a little heat, and were quite tasty.
I absolutely love everything I have gotten from you
So glad to hear it, Steve!
Very fast shipper, easy to order from this company. Looking forward to trying product.
Thanks, Dennis! We appreciate your business!
GREAT Chile!
Thanks so much!
I ordered two posole kits from The Fresh Chile Company. They were shipped and delivered within 5 days. I opened the box they arrived in and looked for a recipe to prepare them. I inspected all of the items in the package, looking for the recipe, and did not find it. So I sent an email to The Fresh Chile Company asking about a recipe. They responded stating that the recipe was the inside of the label on the hominy bag and they also included a copy of that recipe for me to use. I grabbed a package of the hominy and inspected the label and no where on the label did I find a note saying that the recipe was inside. I removed the label and there was the recipe! So to sum up my experience I was very pleased with the delivery time and the response to my email about the recipe. I was slightly disappointed that there was no mention on the hominy label that the recipe was inside.
Hi, Gary! Sorry we made it so hard to find that recipe! Due to your review and some other feedback, we are looking to improve our hominy labeling by putting the recipe right on the back so its easier to find. Thank you so much for reaching out to us and helping us make our products better.
Best Salsa I have EVER tasted, including homemade! Absolutely terrible shipping cost though. I did complain about it & the company did reach out to me. They don't set the rates, I realize but it is definitely going to make customers think twice before they hit the "complete order" button.
Thank you, Barabara! We will continue to rack our brains about what we can do to make shipping more affordable for everyone!
I was very happy with the service! We sent 3 jars to Oregon and 3 jars to South Carolina. Each recipient was very happy to have real Hatch chili! Packaging was great!
-- Yvonne Neau
Awesome! Thanks for your orders, Yvonne!
Love love love you guys....We're originally from New Mexico and have searched for years for a place to get green chile and don't have to take out a loan to do it. You all are the best.....
Thanks, Barbara! It is so satisfying to help New Mexican expats get their chile fix when they are far from the "motherland"! ;)
I love New Mexico for one reason, the chile sauces they make there and these are the best I have tasted. I will order more in the future to have some of that great New Mexico taste here in Alabama.
Thank you so very much, Thomas. Love that we can bring the authentic NM taste to Alabama!
The Fresh Chile Company is rated 4.84 based on 3,717 reviews