The Fresh Chile Company Reviews

service@freshchileco.com

320 E. Wyatt Dr.
STE C

Tell us how The Fresh Chile Company made you happy
I cannot review the company, but can review the Medium Red/green Chile sauce. I was disappointed that it tasted flat. It needs salt and sugar. I was expecting a pickled product. Also, it feels overcooked, kind of mushy. Best, m hicks
Sorry to hear you were expecting a pickled product, Margaret! It's definitely not pickled but wanting that would certainly throw off your expectations. We leave as much salt and sugar out of our products so that customers can flavor to taste--you can always add some salt or sugar, but taking it out isn't so easy!
I MADE THE MISTAKE OF ORDERING HOT. MY WIFE AND I CANT EAT IT. I SHOULD HAVE ORDERED MILD OR MEDIUM
Hi, Perry,

Oh no! Mistakes happen--our customer service team will be reaching out to assist you shortly.

The Fresh Chile Company
It was good, but a bit thick.
I love your products and have ordered twice, but this last time a jar broke in shipping and when I sent an email telling you that I was informed that the best you could do for me was offer me a discount on my next order. That part is why I'm only giving you a 3 star. You should give me a refund on the product or send me a replacement if you want a 5 star review.
Hi, Lorrie,

We apologize for any miscommunication. We see that when you notified us of the break, our customer service department offered you a refund for the jar as well as a discount towards a future order. Once you affirmed that's what you wanted, we then processed the refund and e-mailed you a discount code. We apologize for any breakdown in communication that prevented that from being made clear to you. If you have any further questions, comments, or issues, please contact our customer service folks at service@freshchileco.com, 575-800-8284, or through Facebook.

The Fresh Chile Company
I wish I had ordered mild. The medium red & green was very hot. I hope the red and green have less heat. I like some heat but much hotter than I expected. Maybe your website could better describe heat levels.
Hi, Kimberly,

Because these are chile peppers, they do tend to have some kick, even in medium and mild. It sounds like the mild would be more to your liking.

We have a 100% Satisfaction Hatch Green and Red Chile Guarantee Policy. If you are not completely satisfied, send us an email at service@freshchileco.com, call us at 575-800-8284, or a message on our Facebook page to get your full refund.

The Fresh Chile Company
My wife and I both tried the medium red. We both thought it was rather bland in flavor. The heat was on the mild side of medium- that was OK, it just didn't have much chili flavor. We much prefer red made from just dried red chili pods. We're giving the second jar to a food bank.
Hi, Phillip,

You'll be happy to know that we have a traditional red sauce in the works, which will be made with dried red chile pods. Keep an on our Facebook page for an announcement in the coming weeks regarding availability.

In the meantime, we have a 100% Satisfaction Hatch Green and Red Chile Guarantee Policy. If you are not completely satisfied, send us an email at service@freshchileco.com, call us at 575-800-8284, or a message on our Facebook page to get your full refund.

The Fresh Chile Company
Only have used the red sauce so far but not real thrilled with it. It might be because I inadvertently ordered mild and expected a little bit of spicy flavor. The mild red sauce is pretty tame. But not giving up yet.
Hi, Donald,

It sounds like you'd enjoy our other heat levels. Before adding red sauce or chile to your cart, click the dropdown menu for heat and select whichever heat level you prefer. Then add to your cart and you're all set for checking out. If you have any other questions regarding ordering, please contact our customer service team at 575-800-8284 or service@freshchileco.com

The Fresh Chile Company
The reason I gave your company an "acceptable" rating was not because of the chili priducts but because of the time it took to deliver the two orders, one to CT and one to MD. Eight and ten days. The reason given was a shortage of labels? Poor planing me thinks.
We apologize for the delay you experienced with your orders. We normally ship orders within 2-4 business days. Occasionally, the unexpected arises (like an unprecedented number of orders causing us to run out of labels) but we still strive to get orders out as soon as possible. We really appreciate your patience in this issue, and if you have any further concerns, please reach out to our customer service team by calling 575-800-8284 or e-mailing service@freshchileco.com.

The Fresh Chile Company
Good service on time delivered
Haven’t tried the sauce yet. Just got my replacement for 2 broken jars. I Ordered 5 jars 2 got broken in the mail. 2 were just fine. 1 was covered with mold and dried sauce. Even under the edge of the cap. Can’t even read the label. They were super friendly and offered to replace the broken jars. But not the one that was covered in mold and dried sauce. They told me to just wash it off. Which it didn’t wash off. I didn’t feel like I should have to store it like that. And thru it away. You pay for a good product you should get it in every way. And I don’t understand it the owners are so nice. And The post office should have had to pay for all the damage anyway.
Hi, James,

We're sorry for the miscommunication regarding the jar that was covered in mold. Please contact our customer service at service@freshchileco.com so we can provide you with a refund for that jar.

The Fresh Chile Company
I thought the variety pak would have been three different temps...mild, hot. hotter, my mistake for not looking
Hi, Joseph,

Our variety pack features 1 Jar Hatch Red, 1 Jar Hatch Green, 1 Jar Hatch Blend in the heat level of the customer's choice, for folks who want to try each of our jarred Hatch chiles as well as our flagship product, the Hatch Red Sauce. You can also purchase jars individually here, to completely customize heat levels and variety: https://freshchileco.com/collections/hatch-chile

The Fresh Chile Company
Xhot means ,xhot ,taste it before you put it in the jar ,the mild was 4 a friend, hot ,xhot was mine! Love the chile , great flavor. ! But the hotter the better for me ! If it's not xhot Don't put xhot on the jar! I love xhot , pain ...
I opened the hot first,it was. Hot! I opened the xhot. It was not hot,opened all 3 jars of xhot ,none of them were hot . Must have been mislabeled! Then I opened the mild out of curiosity, it was mild, so now I have 9 jars of peppers opened that I had to put in the refrigerator!
Hi, Myra,

We apologize for any frustration this has caused. Chile, like many types of produce, varies depending on weather and climate, so there will naturally be some variation to heat levels. We always make our jars of chile out of the same strains of chile consistently, though when they are harvested, as well as the climate (whether it's rainy or dry), during their growth all play a part in the outcome of the heat, making each batch slightly unique in flavor and heat profile.

The Fresh Chile Company
Received shipment of 13lb of chiles within two days of notification of shipment. Not 100% satisfied due to several chiles were moldy, others were split open and not consistent in size. I was expecting higher quality.
Hi, Stephen,

We have a 100% satisfaction guarantee. Please contact our customer service at 575-800-8284 or service@freshchileco.com so we can assist you.

The Fresh Chile Company
I have tried it twice, on meatloaf, really do not care for it, each person taste is differnt.
Hi there,

We are very sorry to hear this. We have a 100% customer satisfaction guarantee or your money back so we will happily refund your order for you. Please give us a call at 575-800-8284 or e-mail us at service@freshchileco.com to talk further about this.

The Fresh Chile Co.
I've tasted other's Red Chile or Red Enchilada sauce with a little better flavor, again it might be my taste buds. Just not what I expected.
We take customer feedback very seriously, and we would love to hear more about your experience. Please email us at service@freshchileco.com or give us a call at 575-800-8284 to talk further about this.

The Fresh Chile Company
The Chile. Is tasty but too costly compared to Pace we enjoyed the product But the delivery was too long and costly. Will not be reordering
Hi, David,

While there are other products on the market, ours is uniquely made without capsaicin or preservatives. Additionally, we use only the freshest ingredients, primarily red and green chile from Hatch, New Mexico – the chile capital of the world! This creates a quality and flavor like none other.

The Fresh Chile Company Team
Love Hatch chiles! This box had more spoilage than I imagined. I look forward to my homemade chile verde!
Hi Robert,

We are so sorry to hear this! We wish you had reached out to us via email/phone/social media and we would have been happy to ship you out a new batch if you had spoilage in yours. The week you received your order there was a huge heatwave across the US that caused serious issues with being able to transport chile without it going bad (even WITH the two-day shipping!) Please reach out to us if you'd like us to refund your order or re-send you chile.

The Fresh Chile Co.
I'm not sure how to review except for I got the wrong Chili's, I ordered medium red and got mild and I ordered mild green and got extra hot green, therefore I can't say how it taste because I haven't fix this problem yet
Hi There,

We apologize again for the error you experienced with your order. When you came to us with the situation we offered to help rectify the situation and you declined but we went ahead and sent you a promo code for your next purchase as an apology for the error. We sincerely are sorry about this and hope you'll give it a try again sometime. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to help make this right for you.

The Fresh Chile Co.
flavor is great only negative is sauce is to thin like it is watered down
Howard

Thank you for your feedback. We will certainly take this into consideration as we prepare to make new batches of our chile sauce.

The Fresh Chile Company is rated 4.84 based on 1,341 reviews