Admiral Reviews

of reviewers recommend Admiral

Tell us how Admiral made you happy
Usually a 1st class service
????
(Home Insurance) - Posted 5 years ago
I do not like the fact that I have to pay for a premium line costs when I want to phone them. On principle that I think this is entirely WRONG to charge their clients these rates. I will not be using them again when my insurance expires. If I have got this wrong and you telephone them for free then I apologise but then they have still failed in that I do not know about it. If I am correct then hang your heads in shame Customer Service what customer device?
(Car Insurance) - Posted 5 years ago
too much waiting time on telephone
(Home Insurance) - Posted 5 years ago
1) Having completed the GoCompare "proposal form" acurately and truthfully, I was not happy at the point of purchasing the policy from Admiral to see the additional clause about driver awareness courses in lieu of penalty points for a minor speeding offence. If you or any named driver (i.e. my wife) has been on a driving awareness course, this is treated as a conviction and an additional payment is required. This required a premium rate phone call to Admiral and an additional £25 payment in our case to resolve.

2) Admiral accept correspondence via email, but sending an email seems to result in a request for you to call them on their premium rate phone number.

If I had not been trying to insure the car for the first time with a new learner as named driver, I would not have purchased the policy.
(Car Insurance) - Posted 5 years ago
I went with Admiral on the basis of a low quote and an apparently good level of cover. From the outset, they seemed to be at pains to tell me about all the things that were excluded and what might invalidate my cover. When I told them (with as much notice as I could) I was having a (relatively small) extension built, they immediately suspended my cover and didn't want to know any of the details. I had to then very quickly find another provider or risk being uninsured.
Throughout my (short) time with Admiral I felt as though all the effort and risk was on my part, and none on theirs. I wouldn't go with them again or recommend them to anybody else.
(Home Insurance) - Posted 5 years ago
The person that I spoke to initially after that crash was very helpful and sympathetic. However contact after that was not so clear and I did not hear from Admiral for long periods of time, the process took months and was very stressful. I did not feel that I was kept informed.
(Car Insurance) - Posted 5 years ago
After having house insurance for 16 years and never having to make a claim I recently experienced a problem with a leaking shower tray. I thought I would call Admiral to see if my policy covered this. This is where the problem starts. I called the helpline to find out if I was covered and my question could not be answered. I needed to be put through to the claims department. A few days later I had not received a reply. I called again. When I finally got a call, after a few minutes I was told that I was not covered. However, the result of this phone call means that it is now logged on my records as a "withdrawn claim" and will affect future policies I take out. I find this extremely disappointing, poor service and very frustrating. I have since spoken to Admiral about this with absolutely no redress and I have asked for them to provide me with details of the Financial Conduct Authority to make a complaint. After 2 emails I still await a response....... Customer service beyond poor.
(Home Insurance) - Posted 5 years ago
Overall service has been average, but on occasions we have had to chase up on a claim, outcome was good
(Home Insurance) - Posted 5 years ago
Quite good dealings with the Canadian gent that I first spoke to and bought the the policy ,as I remember it was clear and precise . Was happy with the price after getting outrageous quotes from companies (admiral included)
(Car Insurance) - Posted 5 years ago
tried to call to get quote for my daughters car insurance but was put in a queue and never got answered within half an hour, and we were charged for this on our telephone bill ,thought this was very poor service
(Car Insurance) - Posted 5 years ago
I wanted to renew my insurance thought it would be cheaper as been with the company but was more expensive.
(Car Insurance) - Posted 5 years ago
Claimed on my insurance for an accident that wasn't my fault,someone drove into my car when it was parked,and all handled well enough although slowly but now i find it has affected my renewal price and that of my children where i am down as a named driver and their insurance is with one of the admiral companies.Did not affect the price on another child who has insurance with a different company.Why should me and my children be out of pocket for an accident that was not my fault?????? needless to say we are all moving our insurance so well done Admiral you have lost 3 customers
(Car Insurance) - Posted 5 years ago
Claim still ongoing. Have not had any updates other than when I called them. Sold my car, got a new one, was given an extortionate price to add to my multi car policy, and an extortionate price for new policy... The online price via a compare site was several hundred pounds cheaper. I went elsewhere and saved over £500 With another company.
It was ok
(Car Insurance) - Posted 5 years ago
Scum bags Scum bags Scum bags wouldn't drive ever again if they were the only company to use terrible way to treat customer
(Car Insurance) - Posted 5 years ago
Someone had hit my car while I was not in there although there was CCTV on the premises admiral failed to gain a copy even with me stating at the time of the claim there was CCTV so now 7 months on I'm still waiting as other driver claims I reversed into them Something CCTV would have answered straight away! So instead Admiral doubled my premium and took without me even knowing so be careful they will take next years premium if you don't respond back and make sure you check junk mail as that's where your next years quotation will go. All in all very disappointed with admiral they haven't bothered with my claim just dragged there feet for 7 months,
(Car Insurance) - Posted 5 years ago
Up until I had to make a claim my opinion of Admiral was a good one. However, when I had cause to make a claim on my insurance due to my car being hit when it was parked outside my house, my initial positive opinion was completely blown apart.
Whilst the staff I dealt with were courteous and polite, the way Admiral dealt with the claim was certainly not of a satisfactory standard. Even though I had a witness to the accident (which was clearly not my fault as I was not in the vehicle at the time), and a piece of the vehicle that hit me was left embedded in my vehicle (this was later matched to the offending vehicle at a later date), I feel that Admiral did not 'fight my corner' in getting liability admitted at all. In fact 4 weeks after the claim was made I was told by Admiral that they would be closing the case unless they received a copy of the witness statement which had been emailed across to them by myself twice and a copy also posted. The vehicle that hit my car belonged to a very well known and respected company and had it not been for me continually chasing them on an almost daily basis for nearly 3 months and having to get their PR department involved, liability would not have ever been obtained and I would have lost my no claims discount and excess payment etc. I do feel very let down strongly believe that once Admiral had got my money (they weren't the cheapest option but I wanted to be insured with a company I believed at the time to be reputable ) they just didn't care. I'm afraid that based on my experience I could not and would not recommend Admiral and I will not be insuring with them in the future.
(Car Insurance) - Posted 5 years ago
I have contacted Admiral about my next years Quotation. I have been told they cannot give me this till three weeks before the current quote expires. This is very poor as I wish to compare other quotes, as I have changed one of three cars, and my grandson who owns one of the cars becomes 21 about 5 weeks before the new quote is due. I think this very poor, as other insurance companies usually will quote for 60 days in advance. At this stage unless Admiral are much cheaper I am thinking of changing due to their unhelpful attitude.
(Car Insurance) - Posted 6 years ago
It wasn't made clear at the start that I needed to provide valuations for 2 specified items until I was so far down the line I had to do it. The first item cost me £60 to value as it was over 3 years old. With the second as my purchase receipt was less than 3 years old but in a foreign currency. However because of currency and other changes the value at today's conversion rate was significantly below the current UK value which I had checked. They consistently argued that they could only value it at the purchase amount converted at the current rate and that if this was insufficient for them to source a replacement in the UK they would give me the cash which would put me in a 'no worse position' - which clearly it would. Only when referred as far as it would go internally (4 escalating call backs from them) did they recognize that this was a flaw in their system as they hadn't received a purchase receipt in foreign currency previously. After this they said they would amend their internal procedures and agreed to insure the item for the amount I had specified. All ended well but was a fair amount of hassle to get it resolved.
(Car Insurance) - Posted 6 years ago