Animal Friends Reviews

of reviewers recommend Animal Friends
Telephone, Live Chat, Email
Over A Week

Tell us how Animal Friends made you happy
Thanks Animal friends, We had no problems with our recent claim and the dog is recovering nicely thanks after the op. Yes we paid an excess and yes you took a percentage away because of my dogs age but hey any one reading this wouldn't expect not to pay excess on car insurance and even car break down cover has age related restriction and enhanced premium so give them a break, that's how insurance works if you want to complain about your excess charge may I suggest that you read your policy first. we have no problems with your cover Thanks Again. By the way if you are going to complain at least show your colours and tell us who you are.
I knew that I had to pay an excess and 20% of the treatment, but the remainder of the vets bill is on the way to my bank, so 5 stars are deserved....
Awful and totally unhelpful. Our Vet advised us in 2017 that the Lipoma lump on our dogs leg was harmless and no need to get it removed. Took him twice & got same advice. Finally took him to another vet as he was uncomfortable, & they removed lump the next week. We were advised by AF that as he is over 8yrs we would also be deduced a further 20% from any claims on top of the £100 excess. We have now been advised that our claim of over £900 has been declined as initial diagnosis was in 2017 - although we had simply followed vets advice. In addition we have were advised that as he has put on weight the premium goes up from £17.46 to just under £24. Followed by another email advising new premium will be £27.00. So even though we have not been paid for our claim the premiums have gone up by £10 pcm. In addition they have now told us that Lipoma is now excluded on our policy! What?? He is 12yrs old and is bound to get more lumps! Have now cancelled policy and would rather put money to one side for any future eventualities. Sad that they are quick to take money, increase premiums but reluctant to pay out claims.. Steer clear !!
Worst insurer, whilst I appreciate insurance has exclusions, I’ve never know so many and at these high prices for older dogs, stay away from this insurer on reviewing I’d like to see how many claims they actually pay, will be looking around for a different insurer now..... stay away from Animal Friends they should be closed down by the regulator and not allowed to sell insurance .
OMG - don't bother! We paid for 17 years and now, because our vet noted a cough over 365 days ago (hidden in the detail of course), our death cover has been declined. Seriously - don watts your money. Put it in a jar instead and use it when you actually visit a vet.
They're great at taking your money. They're great at whacking up the premium even though you haven't claimed. When you do claim, they're terrible at actually paying out. They'll find any excuse in the book, or hidden in their masses of ts&C's. They expect you to go against the wishes of your vet. If your vet says monitoring, animal friends say operate. They're nothing like friends to animals. Avoid these charlatans.
Worst insurance company going. Been with Animal Friends for 7 years and have never missed a payment. Have tried making claims over the years and every time they come up with a reason why they don't need to pay out. Just want to get you off the phone as quick as possible. Have finally left them after just trying to make another claim and guess what. No chance. Definitely would not recommend them. Do not waste your money with these con men. Asked to speak to a manager with which they replied one would get back to me within 24 hrs. That's because it will be a long distance call from a Yacht off the coast of Spain where they are spending all our premiums. 1
Fantastic service. Great value, helpful and efficient with claims. And a lovely and moving condolence card when our beautiful boy went to run beyond the clouds.
Stay clear of these weasels
DISGUSTED Wish I'd never got a policy with them!! For dogs over 8yrs old you pay 20% of every single bill. Plus so many things are excluded which you don't realise you'll need. Then the lowest blow is they don't help pay to get your loved pet cremated. Policy wording Section 1: Vet fees 1.3 Exclusions The following are excluded from cover: 1.3.16 Costs for cremation and disposal, including post mortem costs, coffins or caskets;
I’ve had nothing but good experiences with animal friends, they were very helpful and empathetic when my dog was very unwell and needed treatment. The whole process was easy and stress free, I highly recommend this company and can’t thank them enough for their help in such a difficult time
Animal friends really know what they are doing and provide excellent customer service
Awful company. Customer service unbelievably bad. I been with this company for many years and never had to claim. I called and ask if I could have my mail delivered to my office instead of my house (1/2 mile ) they said no problem that will be £70!! I said don't bother then ill keep the address where it was, they said they couldn't change it back. There now being reported to the FCA. If they are this dishonest on a address change God knows what would happen on a medical claim. Im not going to take that chance and I'm going elsewhere. Check all the other bad reviews.
Shocking company! Do not use!! NOT Recommended!!! Paid over £1200 in insurance policy fees over 4 years because we chose a premium policy thinking we were doing the best for our dog. Premiums rose every year despite no claims. We recently claimed for the first time and it was any pathetic excuse to send the claim back to the vet and 2 months later they awarded 1/3 of the claim... £150. We had to fight to get that!!! Got a 2nd smaller claim waiting for monthly meds as the issue is going to be a long term condition, however I'm waiting to see how many creative ways they can come up with to wriggle out of paying!!! They are quick enough to take your money but will not pay out when it is needed. I think they need to remember they are being paid (a lot) to provide a service instead of acting like they are doing the customers a favour by dishing out an odd payment and expecting us to be grateful. I am furious with this company and there is a complaint ongoing. I consider myself to be completely out of pocket as I would've been hugely better off saving the money in a bank account. There is no way we will ever get anywhere close to the premiums we have paid in and I get that most of the time insurance is throwing good money away on 'what ifs', but come on... ur happy enough fleecing the customers with over inflated premiums! Dreading how much they will go up on renewal!!! Better off saving it yourself and cutting out these con artists. Even our vet said they were by far the worst company they have to deal with. Wish I'd seen this review page before I took out our policy. Do yourself a favour and dont touch animal friends with a barge pole!!!
VERY POOR - Please do not take insurance with animal friends, if your pet has had anything previously the matter with it then this is basically classed as a pre-xisting condition even if they are not linked...
Just to let you all know if you are considering taking out pet insurance with this company be aware they will not pay out if your dog is involved in a road traffic accident. Apparently, you have to foresee EVERY eventuality, EVERY possible scenario that may lead to your beloved pet getting hit by a car. The implication being you threw the dog under the car deliberately!! Well, policies have been canceled and complaints filed. This company is a disgrace and should be put out of business! Make sure you tell all your doggy friends!
Like others have said when your dog is older they are basically not covered for anything. Something noted by the vet in the past will be used as an excuse not to pay, despite the vet confirming to me that they are unrelated. Policy cancelled now and money will be put away each month to use if required. Animal Friends is like a protection racket!!!!!
I have been with Animal Friends since 2013. Initially they paid up very quickly however my vet submitted a claim in April 2018 and it STILL hasn't been paid! They said that they wrote and emailed me as the figures in the claim didn't match! Funny I never received either. The figures did mismatch because the claim handler at the vet had accidentally transcribed 2 digits but it was literally a matter of pence, they could have opted to pay against the lower amount but no! Eventually I asked the vet to resubmit the claim entirely. This was done in November and I have STILL received nothing from them. Who do you have to kill round here to get some money out of Animal Friends? As it is because my boy is now 12 they will be taking a hefty co-payment off on top of the excess. I am giving 2 stars because they were excellent in the past but no more it would seem. I am sorely tempted to cancel the policy altogether, the renewal premiums are exorbitant and if they don't intend paying out what is the point?Their loss! as the amount I would get IF they ever paid the claim is less than they would get in premiums this year.
Excellent!! My dog required surgery. As someone who is with animal Friends ( and will stay with them) I have to say the entire experience was hassle free. When your pet is ill or has an accident it is very worrying. It is yet another worry wondering if the insurance will pay out. Not a concern with animal Friends. It was all so very easy - just as it should be. I have the lifetime policy. Thanks again Animal Friends!!
If I could leave no stars I would. They have been taking payment for my beagle cross for nine months. Come to make a claim and because I said he could be a different breed due to his height,they told me they don't insure foxhounds as they are a banned breed. Biggest liars I have had the displeasure of dealing with in years. Cowboys of the worst kind. DO NOT GIVE THEM YOUR MONEY.
Animal Friends is rated 1.75 based on 441 reviews