Policy Expert Reviews

of reviewers recommend Policy Expert
Read Policy Expert Reviews

About Policy Expert:

Our customers are at the heart of everything we do, and our team of experts have a real passion for making sure people get the right cover for them.

Policy Expert is driven by a desire to help our customers find not only the best value insurance, but the right insurance for their individual needs.

Our dedicated Experts are always on hand to help - either online or over the phone. Whether you want assistance in finding the right policy or even handling a claim, we make sure it’s all handled by experts.

ask@policyexpert.co.uk

352-390, Silbury Boulevard, Milton Keynes

Tell us how Policy Expert made you happy
Poor service, living me with broken boiler just when winter is outside. While making complain I was told about many exclusion which they don't cover of which I was not aware before signing insurance. Would like highly not recommend this company!
Good afternoon, Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. I am sorry to hear that you're unhappy with things. As confirmed to you on the telephone just now, the reason that the home emergency team are unable to assist with your issue is due to the fact that the reason you do not have heating is not as a result of a boiler breakdown, which is what the home emergency policy provides cover for. Again, I am sorry that you're unhappy with things, but unfortunately, the policy you have does not provide cover for the issue you're having. If you would like to discuss this further, or if there is anything else we can assist you with, please do not hesitate to get in touch via telephone on 0330 0600 632, via email: ask@policyexpert.co.uk or via live chat which is available on our website. Thanks, Hannah.
policy expert went ahead and renewed my house insurance without contacting me which was not due for another 5 days they used my details from last year , which I am not happy about, this is not acceptable and is a bad practice a lot of insurance brokers use I shall remember to contact them for next year to stop this
Good morning, Thank you for leaving us a review. I have looked into things for you and can see that we contacted you via email roughly 30 days prior to your renewal date confirming that your policy was due for renewal. In this email we confirmed that if we did not hear from you, we would assume that you were happy for us to automatically renew your policy and take payment. Therefore, as we did not hear from you, your policy with us automatically renewed and the payment was taken. I have sent you an email regarding this in order for us to get things resolved for you. Thanks, Hannah.
Policy Expert keep sending emails and a reminder that I am renewing my home insurance with them. I am not. I have agreed a contract with a different company. Do they intend to take my money? It is an offence to take on 2 home insurance policies to run at the same time so I will report them to the ombudsman.
Good morning, Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We send out your renewal invite around 30 days prior to the expiry date of your policy. In this correspondence it states whether your policy is due to automatically renew, the proposed cover and premium, when payment would be taken and how to opt out should you not want the cover. I have passed your info over to our renewals team to inform them you do not wish to renew, they will be in touch to confirm this for you. If there is anything else I can help with in the meantime please feel free to contact us via phone, live chat, email or social media. Thanks, Vicky
Absoluty shocking service. Don't be fooled by the low premiums. When you have to make a claim this company will find all the excuses under the sun to deny the claim. Their number they advised to make a claim is wrong too. Totally disappointed ok my claim was denied. But to be told by a customer service agent. Its like righting off a car , you wouldnt claim for a bald tyre. I wanted my policy cancelled, they replied with £25.00 fee. So I ask them to let me know what the total refund would be so I can make a desision to carry out my term or leave. But they decided to cancel. A customer is not always right but does deserve an explanation when asked questions not a sarcastic reply.
Good morning, Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. Home insurance policies are designed to cover unpreventable events, for example, a fire, an escape of water, a burglary and so on. Your home insurance policy is not designed to cover maintenance and wear and tear issued. Therefore, if you have had an issue at your property, which is as a result of wear and tear, this will not be covered under the policy - this is the same with most home insurers out there. I am sorry to hear that you feel you got a sarcastic reply when querying things, I have sent you an email for further details regarding this. I have also checked and can see that you emailed us and requested that we cancelled your policy, which we then did. It was only after this that you then queried the fee. In the email I have sent you, I have also explained this further. Thanks, Hannah.
Good customer service
Everything. Terrible service & impossible to get through on the phone. Won't be renewing my policy next year. no customer follow up from start to finish. Not impressed at all
Good afternoon, Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. I am sorry to hear you have been unable to get through on the phone. I have chased this up with your claims handlers who will be in touch as soon as possible to discuss this further. If there is anything else you wish to discuss or have any queries at all please don't hesitate to contact our customer services team via phone, email live chat or social media. Thanks, Vicky
The service offered is exactly what I need for a competitive price. Considering my property is very old, it was easy to state my house was constructed before 1830.
Helped themselves to money in my account before renewal date. I will never use again. Disgraceful service
Good afternoon, Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We send out our renewal invites around 30 days prior to the expiry date of your policy, followed by several reminders during the month confirming if your policy is due to automatically renew. This allows time for you to make any changes, shop around or opt out of the renewal. As we did not hear back from you the policy did auto renew. I can see you have spoken with us regarding this and it has now been resolved but if you wish to discuss this further or have any other queries please call our customer servcies team on 0330 0600 632. Thanks, Vicky
he policy was cancelled when someone rang me however there is no trace of call .also I got a email to say yous were taking money and I sent reply on 30 sep saying I hope yous have not taking money as its been cancelled
Good afternoon, Thank you for leaving us a review. I have looked into things for you and can see that we were unable to trace a call or email from you prior to the renewal taking place. I can also see that this has now been resolved for you, however, if you wish to discuss this further, please give us a call on 0330 0600 632. Thanks, Hannah.
Despite phone call confirming that I did not want to "auto-renew" my home insurance policy AND receiving an e-mail from Policy Expert confirming same .... they still took over £400 out of my A/C. Apologies etc. etc., due to human and/or "system error", BUYER BEWARE !!
Good afternoon, Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review today. I am really sorry to hear that the policy automatically renewed. I can see you have since spoken with us regarding this and a complaint has been logged. Your renewal has now been cancelled and a full refund has been issued. If you wish to discuss this further or if there is anything else I can help with please let me know. Thanks, Vicky
My fridge freezer broke while I wad away on holiday. I knew it was covered by my housould insurance. I tried to claim for the lost food. The first time I had ever mafe a claim. I found out that I could claim £500. The only thing is my excees was £500. I would get £0. This insurance is a waste of money. Go elsewhere AA is better.
Good morning, Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. I am sorry to hear about the issue you had. When you purchase a policy with us, you have the option to set your excess either higher or lower, depending on what you feel is suitable for your requirements. I can see that you took this policy out online, and when you did so, you chose to set the excess slightly higher. You do have the option to lower this excess, I have therefore sent you an email regarding this in order to get things resolved for you. We are keen to ensure that you are happy with the cover we are providing you with. I look forward to your response to my email. Thanks, Hannah.
I cannot rate you as I have had no contact with you I do not call that good service so I will rate you zero as the stars Do not go to zero
Good morning, Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We ask customers to leave us a review after purchasing a policy with us as we aim to get every aspect of our service right - this includes the process of purchasing a policy with us. Leaving a review is optional, therefore, if you did not have any feedback for us, you did not have to write a review. However, thanks anyway for taking the time to leave us some feedback. Thanks, Hannah.
Sent an email to say did not want to renew and had confirmation back. They still took my money out on renewal date. Not happy!
Good morning, Thank you for your review. I can see that you've left us two reviews regarding the same issue. I have responded to your other review regarding this and also sent you an email. Thanks, Hannah.
18 months on and still waiting for them to sort the claim out. To add insult to the claim. They sent a cowboy builder out to do work. Which has caused more damage to my property. Unbelievable service and still no end in sight to being rectified
Good afternoon, Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. I am sorry to hear you have not been satisfied with the service you have received during your claim. We are keen to look into what is going on with your claims handlers but unfortunaltey, I was unable to locate your account with any information left on your review. Please call our customer servcies team on 0330 0600 632 to discuss this further. Thanks, Vicky
wasn't able to clearly define my renewal..clearly confussed and stated need to talk to "manager"...and call was taking too long . Policy had been renewed and I was just calling for some changes to circumstances(nothing big). subsequently told could not renew and needed another provider? not clearly explained to me.
Good morning, Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. When completing the application for insurance, the insurers on our panel take into account each question and answer you provide in order to assess if they are able to offer you cover. I am sorry that, on this occasion due to the changes made, we were unable to offer a renewal quote with the same insurer as last year. As we are a broker we have alternative insurers on our panel that we may be able to offer cover from. If you wish to discuss this further or have any other queries please do not hesitate to contact our customer services team and we will be more than happy to help. Thanks, Vicky
I rang to check a few details about the policy I found on compare the market. The lady spoke so fast I couldn't process the information I told her I had a brain tumour and couldn't process her fast talking and asked her to slow down she totally ignored me and when I didn't answer yes or no to her questions she spoke over me and said ''just answer yes or no ''I was trying to ask a question or explain the type of door I had and she again told me off for not answering correctly, I eventually said I was ending the call that I was sick of how she was speaking to me and ended the call as I was now so upset I was in tears, I rang straight back and got a pleasant chap Sebastion who was lovely and even then I was still in tears and couldn't speak for crying he was really nice and apologised for her upsetting me but sadly the quote wasn't suitable or I was just too upset to process his information and ended up just renewing my last year's insurance with the post office.Sebastion was very kind, patient and understanding and if it wasn't for the previous lady I possibly would have taken the policy.
Good afternoon, Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. I am really sorry to hear about the below. This is certainly not the type of service we aim to give and therefore take feedback such as this extremely seriously. We are keen to get the call in question listened to and therefore ask that you email your details to ask@policyexpert.co.uk and raise this email FAO Hannah Gregory, as unfortunately, I have been unable to locate an account for you as no details have been left in your review. I look forward to hearing from you in due course. Thanks, Hannah.
CAVEAT EMPTOR: Policy Expert seem to have you all covered until you claim: Note: Hail damage to conservatory roof, this requires Buildings Additional Accidental Damage..??!! Hail apparently is "an Accident"! & not covered by storm damage, this is just an Insurance cop out for Policy holders who have not taken out BUILDINGS ADDITIONAL ACCIDENTAL DAMAGE, Check your policies people...one day you might want to claim
Good evening, Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. I am sorry to hear you have not been happy with our claims process. All of your cover levels and specific criteria for claims under the insured perils can all be found in your policy documentation, which we would reccomend all customers read when taking a policy out. In the policy wording, we state that a storm is defined by 'winds of force 10 or above' in line with the recognised beaufort scale. There is no cover listed for hail under the storm section of your policy. Damage to glass would fall under accidental damage and theirfore this is why you would not have been covered in this instance. Apologies we were unable to cover for this and for any confusion in regards to your cover levels. If you have any further questions regarding this do not hesitate to get in touch with our customer service team. Thanks, Georgie
Happy with the service provided.
Bought building & contents insurance with £100 excess via compare the market. Turns out that every section of claims has lots of different excesses, some as much as £500. Went to make a claim for water damage and was told it’s £500 excess. I received all docs via email but the one that contained the excesses. Feel duped by both comparethemarket & Policy Expert. Won’t be using these again.
Hi there, Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review and for bringing your concerns to our attention. It is normal for most insurers to increase the excess payable for escape of water claims. When you purchase a policy online, it is your responsibility to check all of the excesses (which are visible to see before anything is put in place). Once the policy has been purchased, we also then provide all of your documentation to you. Within this set of documentation will be your home insurance policy schedule, on this schedule all of the excesses are listed for you to view. This documentation is all available to view online and this would have been explained in the 'welcome' email we sent you. Nonetheless, I'm sorry to hear that you were not aware of the excess and that you're unhappy with things. If you would like to discuss this further, or if there is anything else I can assist you with, please do not hesitate to get in touch. Thanks, Hannah.
The policy was automatically renewed without my consent
Good morning, Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We contact all of our customers 30 days prior to their renewal date to confirm that their policy is due for renewal. In this correspondence we confirm that if we do not hear from you, we will assume that you are happy for us to automatically renew your policy and take payment. Therefore, if we did not hear from you, your policy with us will have automatically renewed and the payment would have been taken. In addition to this, we do ask customers to review and accept our terms and conditions. This includes specific reference to automatically renewing their policy should they be eligible for us to do so and how to opt out of this at any point during the policy term without any penalty. I have looked into things for you and can see that you have spoken with us and that things have been resolved for you, however, if you wish to discuss this further, or if there is anything else we can help you with, please do not hesitate to get in touch on 0330 0600 632. Thanks, Hannah.
Policy Expert is rated 4.71 based on 15,529 reviews