Sure Thing Reviews

of reviewers recommend Sure Thing

Tell us how Sure Thing made you happy
Terrible, terrible experience. Had multiple policies with them - each one requires a different registration process so you have multiple online accounts. What happened to single view? Bought a new car. Tried to change policy. Live chat service on website was unable to do it. Tried to do it online - failed as website is terribly designed. Spent 3 hours on the phone trying to do it. Every time you call them you have to listen to a Scottish guy prattle on about their regulations and policies for 2 minutes. Phone queuing system doesn't work properly. Finally got through and they then had to refer my case to their underwriter. Had to wait for them to call me back. Then had to call them again. They couldn't then insure the new car as it was "too expensive" - tried to cancel policy. They wouldn't allow me because I was not the policy holder as the car insurance is in my wife's name (they were happy to take my money originally but not give it back). Don't touch them with a barge pole.
HI, I must agree with a previous persons review, tried twice ringing these people to discuss a policy before taking it out, but after 10 mins wait each time, I put the phone down. As said before how long are you going to be kept waiting if you had a claim to report. On the other hand if you owe something what I have read, they wont waste time ringing you, No they will just take it
DO NOT use this company unless you want raised blood pressure. They do not answer phone calls They do not answer their supposedly 'live Chat' help. They are total rubbish
I had a letter from Close Brothers finance, which had 'Brought to you from Sure Thing' In its letterhead. I phoned and cancelled the direct debit assuming I had cancelled the policy as well. I changed motor vehicles in the interim and went with AXA. No payments were made to Sure Thing so when I cancel the old direct debit in December approximately 4 months later. I am debited from my account £212 for a policy which I didn't have. I have been trying to get the money back. It also incurred £30 overdraft fee. Rip off merchants at their best. Avoid at all costs.
Hi Michael, thank you for taking the time to leave your one star review. Unfortunately, if you cancel the direct debit it does not cancel the policy at the same time, however if you arranged alternative cover for the vehicle on your Sure Thing! policy or if you have sold that vehicle you can send proof to documents@surething.co.uk and we can speak with the underwriter about possibly backdating the cancellation of your policy to allow you to be refunded. If you require anything further you can contact me directly at feedback@surething.co.uk. Regards, Vicky.
I was trying to get to talk to someone to buy car insurance and I got tired of waiting (10 minutes +). I hate to think how long would I have to wait were I in the unfortunate position to submit a claim.
Hi Gaston, thank you for taking the time to leave your one star review. I'm sorry to hear that you haven't been able to speak with one of our team. If you can email your details to feedback@surething.co.uk I can arrange for someone to call you to discuss your quote. Regards, Vicky.
A really helpful company they always keep you updated
(Car Insurance) - Posted 2 years ago
hi I am with sure thing insurance but when my policy ends in February i will be going with someone different as their broker close brothers are very expensive when it comes to your monthly direct debit as if your money is not in on that due date you get charged double the amount so instead of the 30.98 it will be 61.97 so it works out to be very expensive so that's why I'm not happy
(Car Insurance) - Posted 2 years ago
excellent service after someone reversed into my car although i didnt have to claim on my insurance sure thing were excellent cant recommend them enough thank you
(Car Insurance) - Posted 2 years ago
Very good provider. Reasonable car insurance
(Car Insurance) - Posted 2 years ago
total rip off, canceled my policy that was all paid up to date, received email to say policy canceled and no more payments would be taken. so direct debt stopped. they then attempted to take money from my account fraudulently saying i owed them a cancellation fee. £60, plus service charge £90, plus more on top? this was not mentioned in the email from them, i then offered to make payments to clear the amount that they have invented but NO, they say they we do not take payments? and it will be passed on to a collection agency if not paid in full in 21 days. (avoid this company like the plague) also, it is no good trying to work things out with them as they just do not want to know. SURE THING, please do not bother to reply with your total nonsense as i am fed up with your excuses and avoidance tactics. please do not bother to recommend calling you as this is a total waste of time as you well know. (AVOID THIS COMPANY)
Hi there, thanks for taking the time to leave your review. I apologies that you feel this way on the back of the service you have received. All of our fees & charges are disclosed both online and via telephone prior to purchasing a policy but I appreciate this doesn't take away from the frustration of having to pay cancellation fees or administration charges. If you would like me to investigate any specific concerns you have please don't hesitate to email me directly on feedback@surething.co.uk. Regards, Vicky.
Set this up online via compare the market as looked a good price, then my insurer offered me a much better deal! Within an hour of setting it up I tried to ring to cancel to discover they closed at 1pm. Immediately sent an email to inform and was told 2 days later to ring.....£30 admin charge to cancel when my policy hadn't even started yet and tried to cancel straight away! Absolutely ludicrous!!!! What admin.....they only sent me a couple of emails!!!! DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!!!!
Hi Robyn, thank you for taking the time to leave your review. I apologies that you feel this way on the back of the service you have received. All of our fees & charges are disclosed both online and via telephone prior to purchasing a policy but I appreciate this doesn't take away from the frustration of having to pay cancellation fees or administration charges. We must make you aware that our cancellation fees would have applied if we had spoken with you on the day you purchased the policy, however if you would like me to investigate any specific concerns you have please don't hesitate to email me directly on feedback@surething.co.uk.
I went through a comparison account and came to sure thing, i knew something was dodgy about these guys but couldn't remember what it was, then i remembered they take payments even when they say its declined. Today I tried 3 times to take out insurance and 200 pound later nothing all because my card wasn't registered to my own address absolute gangsters
Hi Paul, thanks for taking the time to leave your review. At the point of purchase we advise that we can only accept payment if the card being used is in the name of the policyholder and the billing address is the same as the address provided in your quote and if this is not the case we ask you to call our customer service team. We can confirm if the card used was not registered to the address on the quote the money will automatically be returned to your account by your card provider. We are unaware of the timescale associated with this as the funds are in your card providers holding account and not with Sure Thing. Kind Regards, Vicky.
worst cancellation policy ever, wanted to cancel 6 months into a policy, the charges to do so were almost as expensive as keeping the policy running for the final 6 months, wont ever use again
Hi there, I apologies that you feel this way on the back of the service you have received. All of our fees & charges are disclosed both online and via telephone prior to purchasing a policy but I appreciate this doesn't take away from the frustration of having to pay cancellation fees or administration charges. If you would like me to investigate any specific concerns you have please don't hesitate to email me directly on feedback@surething.co.uk. Regards, Richard.
sure thing is the worst insurance policy I've ever had. I changed my vehicle half way thru I was told I would be paging £53 a month which In my view was a little high. then they decided to charge me £181 a month so I cancelled it. they still had cheek of saying I owed them£60 cancellation fee
(Car Insurance) - Posted 2 years ago
Hi Roger, I'm sorry to see you feel this way. Our adjustment and cancellations fees are disclosed as part of our terms & conditions prior to purchase both online and on the telephone but I appreciate this doesn't take away from the frustration of having to replace your vehicle and having additional costs. If you would like to discuss the matter further, please contact us at feedback@surething.co.uk and i can look into your policy details. I hope to hear from you soon. Thanks, Ross
Avarige
(Car Insurance) - Posted 2 years ago
Hi there. Thanks for your positive feedback. We’re pleased to hear that you have been happy with the service you have received so far from Sure Thing. We’re always here to help and if there is anything further we can do, please get in touch. Have a safe year driving, Ross.
Cancellation of insurance. I called to cancel my policy after selling my vehicle to be advised they want to charge me £151. Absolutely ridiculous and a total RIP off. I have never been charged such a high amount for cancelling anything, it's almost the cost of the full insurance premium
Hi Susan. Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. I'm very sorry that you feel this way on the back of the service you have received form Sure Thing! All of our fees & charges are disclosed online prior to purchasing a policy and again at the renewal stage but I appreciate this doesn't take away from the frustration of having to pay a cancellation fee itself when ending your policy. If you would like to discuss this any further please don't hesitate to get in touch via feedback@surething.co.uk. Regards, Vicky.
I've never had problems taking out, or receiving any information since I've had this policy, everything was straight forward.
(Van Insurance) - Posted 2 years ago
Hi there Fiona. Thanks for your very positive feedback and four star rating. We’re pleased to hear that you have been happy with the service you have received so far from Sure Thing. We’re always here to help and if there is anything further we can do, please get in touch. Have a safe year driving, Ross.
very poor insurance company.very high costs of any changes and cancelation
Hi Jack, I apologise that you feel that way on the back of the service you have received. All of our fees & charges are disclosed both online and via telephone prior to purchasing a policy but I appreciate this doesn't take away from the frustration of having to pay a fee for making a change or cancelling your insurance policy, Ross.
Just cancelled my policy because I've sold my Saab 93. Nowhere on their or Close Brothers documentation are cancellation charges made clear. Just the total amount and that I'll be charged £30 if I don't pay on time. Charge for ending the policy: £60 cancellation fee - which I assume is made by Close Brothers Premium Finance plus a further £25 'from the insurer' (Sure Thing). In total, I have paid 11.5 months worth of insurance to cover a period of 3 months. Really, really annoyed.
Hi Su, I'm very sorry that you feel this way on the back of the service you have received form Sure Thing! All of our fees & charges are disclosed online prior to purchasing a policy but I appreciate this doesn't take away from the frustration of having to pay a cancellation fee itself when ending your policy. If you would like to discuss this any further please don't hesitate to get in touch via feedback@surething.co.uk. Ross.
Quick and easy kept me informed even though all the snow
Sure Thing is rated 3.49 based on 551 reviews