Holiday Autos Reviews

Holiday Autos 1 star review on 4th June 2021
M B
Holiday Autos 1 star review on 15th May 2021
Holiday Autos 1 star review on 15th May 2021
Cancelled my car rental made through holiday autos on 15th March and still waiting for my money. Continually used delaying tactics. Told initially it could 10 working days, then 20 days then by may 31st. We shall see. Notice that you can still book a car with them and the shortage of staff does not stop them taking money off you for a new booking only when the need to give the money back.
I would give them less than 1 star if it was possible. The worst customer service I have ever experienced and a major con. Do not use them at Any price
Do NOT EVER rent a car from Holiday Autos! I booked with Holiday Autos thinking I was getting a good deal, but they did not honour the booking and refused to give me a refund for the money paid. I had to rent from another company and so ended up paying for two cars. NEVER rent with Holiday Autos - they are actually thieves! How can people like this sleep at night.
Stole our money and gave us nothing in return. Avoid like the plague.
Terrible experience! Had to rent a car from a different vendor once we got to Palermo, Italy. In addition, they didn't reimburse the original cost.
Terrible service, did not receive a booking voucher and went on live chat to chase after 20 mins the person stopped responding, went on again took over 40 minutes for them to find my booking said they would resend the voucher and I still didn’t get! Rang the next day to speak to a person (who’s English was terrible, found out I was calling Egypt! ) had to repeat my email 4 times! Finally they located the booking. I asked to speak to a supervisor as wanted some form of compensation for the stress I had encountered and she was not interested, asked her if she was bothered about the reputation of the company as I was going to share my terrible experience and she really didn’t care! Avoid at all costs!!
Absolutely awful company. Booked via them and when I arrived to the supplier, my reservation was frozen by Holiday Autos and I had to call them to activate the reservation (seriously??). The supplier ran out of the car I reserved because my reservation was as previously mentioned frozen. Via phone the Holiday Auto rep promised to refund the upgraded auto cost. Had to pay 2 times more at the supplier at 23 o'clock or I'd be stuck in opposite side of the island where my hotel was. After returning the car I lodged the refnd request as per instruction and thought that all was well. Never heard from them or received anything back (presumed it went through because they had my details) only to find out much much later that they closed the case without informing me of this. Contacted customer service chat (see picture) where there rep said that they never did anything (insert implied corona excuse). The next day I received an email from them, first time ever btw, where they said sorry been too long. So essentially they waited for time to run out from the beginning. In retrospect I should have chased them 24/7, I but did not even dream it was something I needed to do. Would not recommend.
Holiday Autos 1 star review on 12th May 2022 Holiday Autos 1 star review on 12th May 2022
In February of 2019 I reserved and paid for a rental car from Holiday Autos. Read that again, I paid for the car, the transaction had already gone through on my credit card. My flight from Calgary to Toronto was delayed by 2 hours. I was on the phone to Holiday Autos multiple times, and at one point made a quick call to the manager in Toronto while the plane was waiting to taxi down the runway... Holiday Autos requires the renter to show up at the specified time to pick up the vehicle. Even though passengers on flights cannot control when the plane takes off or lands, there is no ethical responsibility in place by Holiday Autos to hold a renters vehicle at the pick up destination, and there is a policy in place to not refund a rental payment... Do you see where I'm going with this? I reserved the vehicle. I paid for the vehicle. I was late by 2 hours through no fault of my own. I communicated continuously with the manager at Holiday Autos of the status of my flight. Holiday Autos rented my vehicle to another customer and refused to refund me the rental fee I paid for a vehicle I did not get to use. They double dipped on one vehicle at the consumers cost due to their unethical policies. Companies like this should never be allowed to operate. This is theft via company policy. Enterprise, Discount, Hertz, Budget, Foxx... They never treat their customers like this. Make a consumer statement, do not rent from Holiday Autos
I had flight cancelled by EasyJet on 11April and tried to cancel my car rent through HolidayAutos web site. It didn't work. Later rang them directly and spoken to Ana, she was very kind and professional, just asked the reason of cancellation. 2min later I have received confirmation on my email of cancellation.
Ran into problems with creditcard. We couldn’t change or cancel the booking because the holiday auto’s website didn’t work. Ended up paying for a car we couldn’t even use and had to change our holiday plans. DO NOT RENT FROM THIS COMPANY.
Unfortunately my experience with Holiday Autos site is very bad. Firstly I rented a car from Holiday Autos site that provided Green Motion’s company as local supplier in Gdansk in Poland. When we arrived to Gdandsk in 27-12-2019 we surprised at Green Motion had no office in Gdansk airport. So we phoned them then one of the employees came after 20 minutes to pick us from the airport to their office location. There we agreed on that he would meet us on our departure day, 1-1-2020, before our flight at the same place to pick us again to the airport, the same way we came from the airport. We did exactly what we agreed on together. We waited beside the office 45 minutes, which was locked with t.v on. No answer, more than 7 calls on his phone numbers that say 24/7 active lines and I sent more than 2 messages. Then we had to take the decision to head off to the airport and parked the car in airport parking. 6 hours after, the employee called us to know location of the car without apologizing even. After 2 hours Green Motion company sent email to me saying at they charged me 73,80 EUR as penalty for at the vehicle has not been left in the designated place. At the same time, Amount of 74 EUR was also deducted from my credit card balance av. I tried to contact them but they didn’t answer. Then I reported a complaint (PL485184440, case: 01341108) to Holiday Autos site which after one and half month said at they can’t do anything! Now I will report my bank for at I have all documents that support my case.
Treated with utter contempt! (would give 0 if possible) A problem with a booking, caused by a problem with their website, led to our booking being cancelled. No refund and we had to pay a much higher price to re-book! They would not even consider any refunds. Obviously do not need to keep their customers satisfied..,.
WHATEVER YOU DO, DO NOT BOOK THROUGH THIS WEBSITE! I've always used Priceline to book my car rentals and this was the first time that they transferred me to another company - Holiday Autos. It was nothing but trouble trying to book as it would say "Booking Confirmed" after entering in your credit card and then minutes later you would receive an email saying that it was 'cancelled'. I finally got it to work and received an email saying it was confirmed. As I am boarding the plane, I receive an email saying that my reservation is cancelled but I check my credit card and I've been charged three times. The online help system for Holiday Autos is a joke! They put you in a hold system where they hope you will give up. Then the representative tells me that I wasn't charged even when I send screenshots of the charges. Save yourself the hassle and stress; book elsewhere.
Paid £387 GBP for 8 days rental after I broke down on my way to Dover then Calais France ,so only option was renting a car to catch my ferry after my breakdown insurance wrongly booked starting date so I was not covered on that day. I spoke with Hertz and Holiday Auto The agent confirmed to me that MAN Airport takes debit card and if any issue to ring back. She was professional and very helpful during taking payment. Paid the fund plus insurance and went to collect at Man Airport 11PM Very cold with 4 kids,Agent started asking if I really wanted 8 seaters 3 times I said yes, he went in and out for 30 minutes only to be told that I failed a credit check and I will not get the vehicle to contact experien for reason.I showed him I have experien account in my mobile it can't be,he insisted that in his computer it shows customer not found so he is initiating the refund and I should receive within next 5 working days. I offered him another card he said no it has to be same card I used to book to run a credit check and he does not know the reason why he can not see me at all in his database. Today is 10 days back from holidays no refund I contacted them only to be told maybe I did not have enough money so I need to send them proof. this time she is no longer helpful because is to pay back the money ,I had enough money with 6 times the amount they required for deposit ,I sent them bank statement now they are looking into this ,agent confirmed I spoke to them regarding debit card prior booking but does not know the reason why I was not given so it might take 20 days to establish and I am entitled to some compensation not a refund . I told her I need full refund not a compensation and this is what the Customer service told me Hertz should not offer u a refund, So beware some TC they asked you to confirm with a car rental company but when it comes to pay back this does not apply as HERTZ Clearly states refund will be given in I don't know the reason myself what was the reason I did not have the car, is it a Credit check or no car I have no idea. I will take this to my Bank to claim chargeback first this is not one of the TC that if you fail credit check no refund will be given . I give them 14 days to resolve first .I have high score on my experien and my name is on electoral with no bad credit I can see the search they done appears in my credit search the same day so I need to know why they did not give me the car ended up losing 4 nights of hotel booking plus missing ferry which I am now claiming through travelling insurance . Now I have accepted Cheap is expenses (buy cheap and always buy another one cost you more while buy expensive and stay with it forever.. Today they reply to me that tc states if u fail security no refund so I have no idea what I failed because I would not fail security I had all documentation as u know I was traveling.. Passport, Drivers licence, bills, work bank statement etc. And my name clearly on eloctral.. Now I'm waiting 20 days to hear from them. I believe hertz did not have the car that day cause prior to this I rented with Thrifty car for a month and had no issue.
Avoid this company. If you are delayed or time of pick up changes by over 2 hours they cancel your car hire and will not refund. Hard to speak to anyone about this and the fob you off. The is no complaints contact number either. Rip off company
Very poor service! The let you book with a debit MasterCard but only after cashing in the rental price they send an E-Mail quoting that you need a credit card and that a debit card is not acceptable! Not really bad-but inconvenient!!!! Then at the rental company it is set clear that also you need to present a flight ticket back to your home country or a rental cannot be issued! Already a rental not suitable for travelers! The more annoying it is that you’re not provided with a phone number but a live chat robot which doesn’t offer any solution! Lucky enough the guys from the rental service had a number which worked as the one quoted as result of a google search doesn’t work! The guy on the phone then is barely understandable and tells you the „case will be dealt with within 48 hours to 21 days“ Result: WE BOOKED SIXT!!!!!! Cause this is no service but fraudulent ripoff!!!!
Holiday autos is a crappy company which lies on the advertising, "no extra cost" which is a lie. I'VE RENTED A 7 SEATER IN BARCELONA FOR 6 DAYS AND IT ENDED UP COSTING ME 200€ EXTRA. So altogether 6 days costed me 360 euros and they quoted me at first 160 with unsurance. Never again!!!
AVOID AVOID
They couldn't take the 500€ desposit on my credit card as they advised my card is not acceptable. I asked to take another card they advised they can't because i booked the car rental on my credit card- this was odd. They gave me options: to take up additional car rental insurance with them or cancel the booking. I called my bank to investigate the problem. They advised the card wasn't the problem it's the car rental merchant. I tried calling holidayautos many times could not get through. I had to pay additional £120 for car rental insurance. The car i recieved was in poor condition and filthy. I requested a full tank fuel. I recieved an empty tank. What was interesting the same scam happened to another customer i met on my flight to Turkey. This is a win-win scam. I would recommend not to meet and greet as they put you in predicament situation. 17.10.2019 Just received an email from holiday autos. They are not apologising. They are saying in Laymans terms, " its not our problem, get over it ! "  I believe all the positive comments on the websites are fake. Please avoid. I have been conned. Please share this and spread the word.
Avoid these people at all costs. 10 day rental on Crete - first car so worn out gear selection was only possible with much effort. They had no car to swap it for 3 days then the replacement was even worse. Dangerous in fact. Complaints process poor. They have just offered €15 compensation! They sub-contract to cowboys who put lives in danger. Avoid
Holiday Autos is rated 1.09 based on 397 reviews