Holiday Autos Reviews

Holiday Autos 1 star review on 4th June 2021
M B
Holiday Autos 1 star review on 15th May 2021
Holiday Autos 1 star review on 15th May 2021
They are crooks - stay away. They hid in portals such as Kayak.com and have draconian policies.
Made a car reservation in Munich. Our flight was delayed, so I contacted them to let them know we would be 2 hours late. They said I would have to cancel my reservation and rebook. They charged me $68 cancellation fee, then twice as much for the new reservation. I would never book with them again and would not recommend them to anyone.
Absolutely awful company. Booked via them and when I arrived to the supplier, my reservation was frozen by Holiday Autos and I had to call them to activate the reservation (seriously??). The supplier ran out of the car I reserved because my reservation was as previously mentioned frozen. Via phone the Holiday Auto rep promised to refund the upgraded auto cost. Had to pay 2 times more at the supplier at 23 o'clock or I'd be stuck in opposite side of the island where my hotel was. After returning the car I lodged the refnd request as per instruction and thought that all was well. Never heard from them or received anything back (presumed it went through because they had my details) only to find out much much later that they closed the case without informing me of this. Contacted customer service chat (see picture) where there rep said that they never did anything (insert implied corona excuse). The next day I received an email from them, first time ever btw, where they said sorry been too long. So essentially they waited for time to run out from the beginning. In retrospect I should have chased them 24/7, I but did not even dream it was something I needed to do. Would not recommend.
Holiday Autos 1 star review on 12th May 2022 Holiday Autos 1 star review on 12th May 2022
I could not believe it is happening.. arrived in Miami airport , waited for shuttle , after 15 min of waiting called the number provided in reservation and the answer was - “ sorry , we don’t have a car for you” . To my question, “how come? I have a reservation ???” , the answer was “yes , you have reservation but we don’t have a car….” To my question “but I paid paid even for the reservation and it was confirmed …” , the answer was - “yes, you paid for reservation only - it is not full amount - so why to worry …” It was a start if of my family vacation…. If you don’t want such surprises - don’t even try this company …
AVOID HOLIDAY AUTOS. GOOGLE SHOULD BAN THEM FROM THEIR SEO They charged me for damage waiver insurance which wasn't accepted by the hire company. They gave me incorrect instructions to locate the hire company. so I spent a long time walking in the wrong direction. The car hire company was a shambles and charged me an extortionate extra amount for damage waiver. Holiday Autos hadn't even mentioned the name of the hire company in their documentation so once I discovered there was no actual hire company called Holiday Autos I had to walk from company to company - way off the airport until I found the correct one by getting hire companies to look at the reference on their systems . An absolute and utter rip off. These people are ruining experiences for others. Criminals and thieves. They should be investigated. And other car hire companies should not use them for bookings. They must know there is a scam happening.
HolidayAutos was the worst experience I ever had with renting a car. Coming to the BUDGET/AVIS desk at Gainesville Airport, Florida with the HolidayAutos voucher the voucher was recognized. However, the guy at the counter could not get it through his system because there was something wrong with the tariff code. I had to come back the next day when also the manager would be available. But the next day the manager had the same problem. This left me with no other option than to enter into a new rental agreement at double cost. On both days there was a long line of other unhappy customers waiting behind me, because it took me about an hour. Returning the car I had to pay less than expected, but still leaving me at twice the amount of the original booking. During and after the rent it was complicated to get in contact with HolidayAuto’s (also due to time difference) but in the end I succeeded the get my complaints heard and follow up was given , although the whole process has taken two months and it gave me the feeling that I had to fight for something that was rather obvious. In the end I got approx. 40% of the additional charge refunded, whereby HolidayAutos said that the rest was related to insurance. Also it was said that this was a courtesy rather than admitting they had done something wrong, like selling a service that was not delivered. In summary I think HolidayAutos sold me a car rental at a price that they had not properly arranged with BUDGET.
Horrible service and FRAUDULENT at best. We made an original "mystery car" rental 4 weeks ago through Holiday Autos with Dollar Car Rental in SFO. In the booking it fully states a free additional driver is included, along with sales and tourism taxes. It is also a mystery vehicle that would comfortably seat 5 people and 3 suitcases. When we showed up to the desk very late in the evening for our pickup, we were given a pickup truck for 4 people, with no room to safely secure our suitcases. We then had to upgrade on the spot. They also would not provide the additional driver for free, as per what was advertised - stating that it was not their issue there were discrepancies on the third party payment platform. Lastly, they will try to upsell a $59 unlimited toll pass for the week, which really isn't necessary if you aren't intending to drive a lot while in town. They took a $289.95 USD booking and made it $754.59 USD... we could have easily found a new booking for under $500 USD with a premium rental company! BEWARE AND STAY AWAY IF YOU WANT A SMOOTH TRIP!!!!!!!
Holiday Autos 1 star review on 21st April 2022 Holiday Autos 1 star review on 21st April 2022
Goldcar rental company refused to give us the car as problem with drivers licence (we did not have a hard copy of international licence). Told us we would not be charged but Holiday Autos kept our payment and refused to refund it. Now in the hands of Amex to see if we can get our money back. Europcar we’re happy to provide a car with same licence but it cost us a bunch more as no booking.
Avoid as they don't know what they are doing. Booked through them to pick up a car at Inverness Airport and paid everything up front. Got to the airport and Sixt said Holiday Autos hadn't sent the correct documents or information about the booking. Called Holiday Autos and gave up in the end because they were awful. Seemed to go out of their was to be as unhelpful as possible with me having to continually answer the same questions and getting nowhere. Had to pay again in the end. Luckily Sixt didn't actually take the second payment but left it as pending until eventually they sorted it and cancelled the payment.
Absolute joke. DO NOT USE. Booked BUDGET through them for collection at Chambery Airport. BUDGET are not even there!! I booked a collection time of one hour earlier than required and they are saying under their T&Cs that means I cannot have a refund. They had my flight number so they could track when i was due to arrive. Spent 35 mins on call explaining that BUDGET are not even at the airport so that the time is irrelevant! No compassion and understanding. Had to pay £500 to hire a car through Thrifty. The person i spoke to told me he was the only one available and i could not escalate the matter. I am determined to fight this. Absolutely disgusting service!!!
DO NOT USE if you think you might need a refund. 2 years after Covid started and they're still using it as an excuse! Refund policy says 18 days, I've been told min 33 days and still counting. I won't use again.
Scammer company base off India took lose over 400 on my government travel charge card over in Europe.
The worst rental car experience I've ever had. I have rented many cars for both personal and business travel over the years, and while I've had some issues, never have I been treated like this. I rented a car a few weeks back for pick-up at Calgary, AB. We had a direct flight from Ottawa booked, however there was an overnight snow storm which messed up our flight departure time and rerouted us through 2 other cities before getting us to Calgary. I tried calling the ZOOM rental car location once this all started happening. This was within business hours and before our designated pick-up time, but no one answered the phone. I tried calling again once again from our second flight just before take-off and finally reached them and told them we were going to be late arriving. They were brutally rude and said they had already cancelled our reservation, wouldn't help rebook it and told us to take it up with Holiday Autos, whom we originally booked through. So I tried communicating twice through live chats with Holiday Autos. I'd only get so far and then these would simply just discontinue. I then sent an email with proof of our flight cancellations and changes. I got no response. A few days later I called their UK office (at my expense) and got a customer service agent. She was able so find the reservation and record of the chat conversations and our attempt to contact them in good faith while en route during a very delayed and frankly rather traumatic trip. Even with these circumstances and all the day of correspondence, I was told in a reading from a script robotic way that they would not refund any of the fee that we had prepaid at the time of booking. Nothing. So they've kept nearly $400, despite things being completely out of our control and all our effort to reach out to them. I would highly recommend not booking through Holiday Autos. There are so many other reasonably priced options that don't take all your money up front, or fail so miserably at customer service and even basic compassion.
Be careful at Malaga airport, Spain with DEL PASO car hire. I paid for a car for 2 weeks through Holiday autos, arrived to pick it up and was told that because my credit card had only initials for my christian name and not full spelling that I had to take out full insurance, breakdown cover etc at a cost of £251.34 or I could not take the car and my booking would be cancelled as a no-show and I would lose the money already paid. This is a scam and I am now having problems with my credit card company helping as I 'willing' paid this extertion! This is a pure scam. DO NOT USE DEL PASO car hire in Spain. You have been warned
I booked a car in Majorca. I paid for most of it, but there was meant to be an additional charge of £3 which would be taken by card at the kiosk at the airport. This seemed weird, but I went along with it. What actually happened was that on arrival I was told there were additional charges and taxes totalling £28. I queried this, and was told they were compulsory and everybody has to pay them. Holiday Autos should have made this clear at the point of sale, so I complained by email. I have sent my complaint twice and had no reply. Contacting the company is extremely difficult. I will never use them again and feel I should warn others to avoid them.
BEWARE! We booked a rental car at Heathrow with Holiday Autos, booking with our flight details etc. Our car rental had been automatically cancelled as we were a no show after 2 hours. Our flight was 2 hours delayed. After having spoken to the customer centre (which was responsive) we have understood that this is standard procedure. The booking is automatically cancelled after 2 hours, regardless of your incoming flight. Book with a rental company direct instead of trying to save money on these scammers.
My driver's license was stolen and the car rental would not accept my police document confirming that. I was charged over £200 for a rental car that I never got. IT IS A FRAUDULENT COMPANY
Agree with other users. This company uses fraudulent misrepresentation. Avoid like the plague and use rentalcars.com
Fraudulent company - like so many others was mis-sold a rental which has left us out of pocket and with no car. Their customer service team is obviously well versed in dealing with customers who complain about their fraudulence. Never use the agency.
Insane refund time. Took 20 Business days just to process my return + 5 days for the bank to process transaction. Ridiculous timeframes. Do not recommend.
Holiday Autos is rated 1.10 based on 387 reviews