Hsbc Reviews

of reviewers recommend Hsbc
Telephone, Email, Live Chat

Tell us how Hsbc made you happy
The worst bank in the world. I have join account with my husband. He had one problem with the card and the bank assistanttold him that he need to change it. After 3 days I received a new card on my name, not on his name. So, now I have a lots of problems because I need to change all direct debit with new details and this take time. If you need a bank account find an other one, but noT HSBC.
I was the victim of a scam. Criminals tricked me into sending them £5000 for a fake investment.
HSBC were amazing and helped me get my money back. I can't thank you enough.
HSBC are fantastic. They were there for me when I needed them the most
Tell this bank to get lost. Stay way clear of this shambles of a bank who do not give a dam.
Today i ordered a new secure key fob
As i have had it a number of years and thought maybe the battery was going
After ordering it from them i was told it would take 7 working days for it to arrive
When i tried to log on to my account HSBC had locked me Out
and wanted me to input details on the secure key fob that was due to arrive in 7 days time
Unbelievable
Time to look for another bank
Be Warned
I also see that 84.64% of people give 1 star on hsbc
I feel that no star would be more fitting
To go online on my laptop I have to get verification code from my mobile app, everyone. This is so awkward and so backward. Instructions are so confusing and so convoluted. Have to try many times before I can get in. It is absolutely disgusting.
Lousy customer service from foreign telephone staff. Now left, made a complaint and they took weeks to send a one paragraph generic reply. Avoid like the plague!
Only writing this bad review on here more publicly because it's so hard to get through to someone or some system at HSBC directly to complain.
So frustrated with trying to get through on the phone - been cut-off about 12 times already either early on in the process of jumping through the billion ridiculous hoops just to get to speak to someone or while speaking to someone after waiting about 20minutes in the queue just to hear a genuine human voice.
... Would have been happy to discuss this directly with you HSBC but in spite of the many options you claim available to speak to someone it's just not that easy and I'm left feeling infuriated.

Therefore, let me add my voice more publicly to warn anyone thinking of joining this useless bank to rather steer clear. If you are genuinely curious or seriously considering it, I'd recommend having a go at pulling out your own finger nails first.If you enjoy that experience, then this is the bank for you!
I have been using HSBC for over 20 years and from my own experience they could not have been more helpfull to me. I have been getting change from the counter staff in the Weston Super Mare Branch and they are always friendly and I look on all the staff as my friends. John who works there helps me out if I have problems understanding things, as I am 73 years old and get confused easy especially Banking on the phone. I would like to thank them all as I dont think they get anougth recognition for what they do.
Quite possibly the absolute worst customer service ever.
Not taking payments, 4 months to set up a direct debit, not being able to check my account for the horrendous amount of questions being asked despite providing credit card number.
Then waiting for what seems like an eternity to spk to a supervisor who then everytime says cannot access the account.
And top if all of, hsbc are the ones texting me and asking me to call them because they can't seem to be able to collect a direct debit payment on time...

WORST BANK EVER... NEVER AGAIN
Tried go onto online banking worst experience you could have, they give you a gadget to use it’s so small and cheap. Then you try to get help non existent.
on the 4th June I wrote a cheque incorrectly for £64. It was debited to my account the following day. HSBC then put a stop on it but failed to recredit my account. the recipient nor myself have this money. I contacted India 32 minutes on phone. Tried the chat on line. went into my branch the following week with my statement showing debit. not able to help. put endless messages on line and finally sent letter to branch last week. have now been told they will sort by 18th September!! I wonder what interest they would charge me if I owed them money for over 3 months. This is poor service.
Applied for advertised personal account, took id to branch, waited and waited, nothing. Contacted call centre who just wanted me off of the phone after telling me that they needed my sort code - that has not been issued yet! After I persevered they called the branch where I took in ID and found a bit of info - ie the account is still being opened and they are waiting on one more bit of info so waiting, waiting, think I might just go elsewhere having read the reviews here whilst on hold by the HSBC call centre.
They have no regard whatsoever for their customers . Fraudsters got a hold of my account details twice , instead of cancelling my clearly compromised account , they locked me out of all forms of banking, making it impossible for me to have access to any of my accounts . Do not bank here honestly ! Go anywhere else !
Hand bag was stolen including my debit card. HSBC correctly cancelled my debt card but also accidentally cancelled my credit card = no digital access to any of my accounts. After 5 days I received my new debit card and was informed PIN number in mail. Waiting then for new pin and credit card to arrive in mail. Two weeks nothing so I call today and find out, no new PIN number was issued my existing pin remains and I could have been using new card for last 2 weeks and no credit card was ever ordered. So in my stressful time of getting my handbag stolen HSBC managed to make things worse by delaying replacement cards and PIN numbers. They just really need to get their act together or get out of consumer banking, their level of professional customer service ( or lack of) just is not acceptable in today's world.
HSBC has suspended my business account without prior notice.
I wanted to make a payment for one of my suppliers and then realised that my HSBC Business acc aint working as normal, then I called HSBC and then I was tols that my account is suspended and it's under review.

The worst Business customer service support centre. The Manager of the tele banking service at HSBC didnt have any information about my account, only response was, 'I cannot give any information, only info I could give is your business banking account is under review',

I asked how long will it take for HSBC business team to review my acc ? the answer was ' it could take as long as it takes'
Is it an answer from a Number one Bank in the world !!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've been a loyal customer since 2004. And the Business account service from HSBC is pathetic.

I couldn't believe I'm dealing with HSBC UK business banking team.

I will take the matter to the financial Ombudsman.
Used HSBC for the mortgage on a new property. Simply put we were 'porting' our current HSBC mortgage from the old to the new house and taking out a second HSBC mortgage to cover the difference. The maths was Mortgage 1 + mortgage 2 = the price of the new house (minus what we put in in terms of equity on the old property)

HSBC applied the following maths. Mortgage 1 - mortgage 2 = £97,000 short of what we needed. I voiced concern this was wrong and this was ignored for 10 weeks straight, despite repeated e-mails and phone calls. 2 days before exchange our lawyers got involved and pointed this out. HSBC finally accepted the mistake as one of the advisors having messed up. I expressed dismay that the mistake wasn't picked up by underwriting and the fact theres a single point of failure that can go all the way through to exchange.

I wrote a letter asking HSBC to alter their procedures so no single mistake could go through to exchange without a second check to detect it, a relatively easy process to employ. HSBC refused stating it was 'too difficult' to implement this. From someone that works in a safety related industry where procedures change the whole time I know this not to be true. HSBC then suggested it was the lawyers that were to blame, ironic when it was the lawyers that THEY INSISTED i use. That cost me £1004 in cancelled legal fees from the original lawyers I instructed. Again HSBC denied any wrong doing as it's in their terms and conditions. I might also remind them 'learning from mistakes and putting things right is also in the T&Cs but they failed to do that by refusing to change very poor procedures. HSBC then went on to suggest I was the second line of defence on mistakes and I should have picked up the mistake. I pointed out I was not a financial adviser but I had highlighted a mistake and I had been ignored. Ironically then HSBC seemed to ignore me when I further pushed this point. I would summarise they actively encourage weak procedures so they can use plausible deniability. In the end I was offered £250 and the ombudsman agreed this was fair because the legal issue and the procedures issue they do not look into as it's not their area of responsibility. I contacted the FCA who seemed largely disinterested but 'added it to their statistics'.

Now i know how the 2008 financial crash occurred. In my industry this standard would not be accepted.

Taking my mortgage and bank elsewhere at the end of my fixed mortgage term. That will cost HSBC a lot more than £1004 i can assure them.

In summary a totally incompetent and mismanaged process, and very unlikely to be a one off given the weak procedures to prevent such things happening.
Bank with anyone else and you’ll have 75% less headaches. I just don’t understand how they still have clients.
Worst bank ever. HSbc
Banking is not what you do. Get qualified people from other bank and tune your system. You guys just suspended all my net banking for no reason and you have no one to support me because you have no sufficient employees. Your rating is very poor in UK based on all available surveys. By the way are you displaying your rating in branches or still ashamed of it.
Awful in every aspect. Have been a customer for nearly 30 years and they are plumbing new depths of poor service on a daily basis! Not only is the service extremely poor, their staff have got into the habit of telling blatant lies - not what you expect from a bank or a place where you keep your hard earned money - Avoid
Hsbc is rated 1.40 based on 427 reviews