Hsbc Reviews

of reviewers recommend Hsbc
Telephone, Email, Live Chat

Tell us how Hsbc made you happy
Hsbc 1 star review on 6th April 2018
Disgruntled David
Hsbc 5 star review on 15th February 2017
Mouchel Christian
Hsbc 1 star review on 15th June 2016
More Photos & Videos
Everything was wrong from the moment I received my card. There should be an option for marking '0' star(s)!!!!! For 5 plus weeks I was denied any access to my accounts
Hands down the worst bank i have ever seen, I sold a car to another HSBC customer and was told by HSBC customer services that the money would be in my account by 7:30am, I check my online banking and the money wasn't showing so as a precaution and the fact the person had travelled over 1 and half hours to come to see the car, i decided to double check with HSBC to be saw the money would be there. to my dismay the second adviser had sad the transaction had been stopped. So now i was in limbo i was left wondering if i could even trust the bank at all, so i decide to wait until the morning to process the payment as the bank had said because it was out of hours, this is the reason the payment wasn't authorised. So i met the guy the following day we done the transaction hsbc to hsbc online transaction, then to my disbelief the payment showed on my online banking as a payment, only for me to find out its being held on fraud
and that i would need to contact the guy to find out if everything was ok with the payment, bearing in mind the guy had already left with my car, Which means as a seller you got no protection what so ever when it comes to online transactions with HSBC there online team are rubbish and a very terrible company bank worlds worst bank ever the saga continues
Been with HSBC since 2003 but when I ended up in a coma in 2017 and money was stolen out of my account £1995 by ex they wouldn't pay me back even when I open a case with the police my dad even tried to freeze my account and they said they will but never did ,my other two banks paid me back but I had to take HSBC to the ombudsman .and the Ombudsman have taken my side as I would expect .i now have left this scummy bank . Loyalty means nothing to them
Disgraceful bank even brought forward insurance aspects fee so could charge me before I left, after over 20 years of loyalty. Proves I made the right decision leaving this greedy unhelpful bank
HSBC just proved to be the worst bank I have ever had to deal with. Firstly I opened an account with then and a couple of days later I get defrauded of the entire overdraft in that account. And they tell me the fraud was done on my online banking. Clearly my details had been leaked somehow! At that point I’m only 2 weeks in the country, just started a job and getting wages paid into that account. The account was blocked pending investigation after the money was replaced. I had weeks of going back and fourth to the Newcastle-under-Lyme Branch trying to make withdrawals (more like begging for my money) some of it said to be diverted to their central bank account! Next thing they send me a letter that they are closing my accounts, no reason given. Blessing in disguise really. I’m sure there is better banks out there.
I’ve had continuous issues with HSBC, from innocorrect information being given to me over the phone, to numerous new cards and security keys cards being reissued despite me never requesting them. HSBCs services have wasted many hours of my time and cost me financially due to incorrect information and slow service. I would chose any other bank than HSBC if I was you...
What a load of awkward people HSBC are. They think they are "it" because they are the biggest bank in the UK. You cannot even have a basic standard saver with them without having a current account as well. You can only have the online one. I want the fixed rate saver. For that I also have to have their flexible saver, and for the flexible saver I have open a current account. I don't want to be flooded with 3 accounts just to get their stupid fixed saver! Beyond useless. I am going nowhere near them just to get extra interest. Waste of time, HSBC.
The staff are moody and not that helpful a week later and still in the same situation I went to sort out the week before, defiantly would not recommend hsbc to anyone
Trying to open a business account. Worst experince in 30 years of banking. Beyond slow. Submitted forms online, then requires a face to face meeting to complete further forms in branch with "advisor". Letters to provide confirmation of address and signature have been sent out 3 times. A supposed online application process currently is standing at 2 months with nothing happening. The application centre is merely a message centre. Don't need an overdraft facility or business loan, just an account to invest some money in and start trading! Avoid like the plague.
After they aided and abetted me getting into credit card and overdraft debt, I took out a consolidation loan for £25,000 with them 24 months ago. I have paid off £494 per month in those 2 years with no missed payments. The current balance is £28,161. #High Street Banking C*nts.
I had the worst possible banking experience in my life with HSBC!
I had a business account with hsbc for 18 years we never been overdrawn we have substantial credit in our account, we recently received a letter saying they were closing our account after careful consideration
they wanted us to fill in a form telling them more about our company
we did this but they said they wanted more information
I am at a loss as to why after 17 years they say they do not have not enough information about us
Been suffering at their hands for a number of years.Have led to being suicidal at times.
Knew Dyfrig John when he was CEO.This present CEO is driving people to their death.
HSBC UK is our little introduction to what life must be like in China.

We have a business account with a credit of 600k. We recently received a letter saying they were closing all our accounts after "careful consideration.: We thought maybe they have made a mistake. No explanation as to why.

We rung phone banking. They would not tell us. Discovered on our online banking a generic message they were "missing" some information on our company. Basically they want information on cash flow of our business, expected creditors/debtors etc structure diagrams, residential addresses of directors etc. Seems Chinese Govt is hungry for information. But if we don't supply this information it will be a huge inconvenience.

On top of that..phone banking is totally unhelpful, follows a script on their computer and just won't diverge. If you get a question wrong first time on a security check, they stop the conversation and you need to send in a paper form to reset it. They dont reply to support emails. We can't get a replacement token so internet banking will soon be unavailable.

It just wouldn't surprise me at all if our account and money just disappears one day. They act like they own it already and its will only grant us permission to access it if we give up everything we know. I wish there were zero stars.
Worst hsbc support team. I have tried 2 hours still it would say just wait .Its too panic
Waste of time...

Waste of time...

I been banking with HSBC for a year I been blocked a year ago now,
They blocked me to make sure I don't know that they steal my money so called 'google map' I haven't even been using a google map and google map is only working while having wifi connection and is not for money.
I have been using my card on ebay, and other stuff for example I been playng lottery games which should not be a bad thing as I made sure I am using a correct website which was.
So as I got blocked at the HSBC bank, I made an appointment to talk to someone about it as I had no idea why they blocked me. I had my meeting I spoke to a really knowable lady xD
I asked why has my account been blocked she said 'I DONT KNOW' to any question that I have asked she respond I dont know, and tells me to go and open an account in a different bank.
Today 24.11.18 I went for an appointment in Santander to open an account everything was going well until the woman finished the application and it declined. So Thank you so much to HSBC for blocking me out of every bank.... how can I pay my bills? how can I get money from work ? how can I now pay for my education....
They shut my business account without even giving me a phone call!! waiting to receive a cheque for the money I had in the account ...... 2 weeks on and nothing such poor customer care avoid if I was you!
Although a lot of the misdemeanours of HSBC are kept quiet, it is clear from the investigations carried out at the link below, that they are the scum of the earth. Go to a bank with some morality instead.
Terrible customer service and IT systems. HSBC is simply the worst bank for small businesses.
BAD SERVICE