Leonard Buildings & Truck Accessories Reviews

Own Driver, Courier
Telephone, Live Chat, Email
Read Leonard Buildings & Truck Accessories Reviews

About Leonard Buildings & Truck Accessories:

Established in the Blue Ridge foothills of North Carolina in 1963, Leonard Buildings and Truck Accessories is a privately owned retailer, manufacturer and distributor whose product lines include storage buildings, cargo and utility trailers, truck covers and accessories, carports, playhouses, pet and animal structures, gazebos, and outdoor furniture. We serve our residential, commercial and government customers through our 59 factory outlet stores in the five-state region of North Carolina, South Carolina, Virginia, West Virginia and Tennessee.

Seventy percent of our business last year resulted from repeat customers and referrals mostly of which were from family member to family member. We hear a lot of this: "I am here because when I was growing up my grandfather had a Leonard building in his backyard . . ." We take pride in serving and taking care of folks as if they were our family.

Over the years, our company's focus on quality, craftsmanship and customer service has allowed each of our company-owned stores to be integrated partners in their local communities. We encourage employees to look for ways to make a difference around town and to help out worthy causes.

mktngteam@leonardusa.com

630 W. Independence BlvdSuite 3Mount Airy, NC 27030
Mount Airy

Tell us how Leonard Buildings & Truck Accessories made you happy
Rude truck drivers
Purechased a beautiful 16 ft enclosed trailer with 4 wheels and breaks. Drove it home and thats it. Worst wiring job...all 4 wires were pulled out due to no slack in the wires for suspension and crappy connections. Called sales guy... sales guy said its your job to fight the mfg. to get warranty work. I thought it was a Lenord trailer???.... nope....just the Lenord sticker. Buyer beware..they dont stand behind what they sell. Spent 6k too and i buy lots of trailers.
Similar to others... hub broke on my brand new trailer. They would not stand behind their product and told us their trailers weren’t designed to go over 45 mph!?!!? This was after I told them I needed a trailer specifically for highway hauling. They suggest I repair it at my own cost, sell it and come back and buy another trailer from them! No thank you!!!
RETURNS AND REFUNDS A SERIOUS JOKE!!! Order nerf bars for truck. Verified them by calling personally before ordering and the sales associate verified them. Placed the order, recieved them and they were wrong. Their return policy says you only have 5 days to start the return policy from the day you receive the product. I sent a email 2 days after I received them and I still have not been contacted. Not to mention have left 2 voicemails with no return call either. It has now been 10 days and nothing. Even their dealer stores don't know how to do their returns!! My next stop is calling the BBB tomorrow and report them. It's their mistake and now they won't contact me like they say to get this return started. BEWARE...SHOP ELSEWHERE!!!
Took my enclosed trailer their to see if they could repair the damage from cutting the turn to tight caving in the diamond cut steel platting and aluminum siding. Was assured they could and there was no problem. Ordered the material ...which was promised in a week .... but came in 3 weeks late... when the material finally arrived I happily dropped off the trailer to be repaired. Unfortunately, when I picked it up ... they explained they did have the right tools to do the repairs .... and had not been able to order all the parts needed. I dented 1/4 inch solid diamond cut steel ... they replaced it with 1/16 flexible diamond steel ... Frankly, the damaged area looked better then the repaired area. I would have thought they would have told me about their limitations when I was standing h there initially for the inspection of repairs. I would not recommend this company for repairs.
I custom ordered an outbuilding in mid-July and just received it on October 1st. I was told that it would take 4-6 weeks for delivery, but ended up waiting TEN WEEKS. Absolutely no one from Leonard contacted me to explain the reason for the late delivery. When my building arrived, it was the WRONG COLOR. When I called to question the mistake, I was told that it was MY FAULT. I specifically took a piece of paper with the paint color needed when I ordered the building and the salesman supposedly put that color into the ordering system. Leonard said they would repaint the building at a cost of $475. The salesman said that a lady in the home office wanted to CHARGE MORE, but he talked her down to $475. You would think that when you invest THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS in a building that they would make sure that every single detail is correct and not send you a product with even the slightest problem. You would think that if there was a problem that they would agree to fix it. Disappointed!
Leonard does not stand behind their work. Brand new trailer Hubs break off during commute. You will be charged for repair so BEWARE. Better go somewhere else. Here's some options...... NC Trailer Sales 221 Boots Evans Rd, Thomasville, NC 27360 Trinity Trailer Sales 5268 Surrett Dr, Archdale, NC 27263 Tesh and Sons Trailer Sales 1370 T S Payne Rd, Lexington, NC 27295
Beware! Hub broke completely off within 1500 miles. They charged me to repair it. If you want a reliable trailer and fair treatment, try these guys below and stay away from Leonard. NC Trailer Sales 221 Boots Evans Rd, Thomasville, NC 27360 Trinity Trailer Sales 5268 Surrett Dr, Archdale, NC 27263 Tesh and Sons Trailer Sales 1370 T S Payne Rd, Lexington, NC 27295
Sorry customer service ! Installed a new light bar and sent me home with only half of it working.
Great job and they delivered a great product today on my new pilot Product was ordered and they would call when it came in They did that Telling everyone about them
Thank you to Ken the Leonard representative for personally coming to my home to fix my problem!! He was very respectful and apologetic!! I will shop with Leonard again!! Thank you!!
(231) - Posted 2 years ago
Michael J. Pack I purchased a cap serial # (5154940from) your store located at 2955 Hwy 70 se Newton Nc 28658 on 1/15/2020. It was installed on 2/7/2020 and i was back two days at the intall shop two days later, The removable front sliding window leaked along with the tailgate seal. The removable front sliding window design explained from the sales rep (BUC001)is improperly designed not allowing water to drain, instead water overruns the track and leaks inside witch is causing the interior headliner to become saturated and leaking inside of the bed, a new rear window has been ordered along with a new tailgate seal. Pictures were taken and sent to your engineering dept I was told. I returned to the install shop around 3/19/2020 a new window came in along with a tailgate seal, the tailgate seal was installed but the new window that was shipped was incorrect, so again another window was ordered, before leaving I discussed just returning the cap until fixed properly or receiving a full refund .I have not heard from the install center since, I reached out to them during the first week in May but I have not received a call back I understand the pandemic we are facing right now. In the meantime with the leaking and warmer temperatures we are starting to grow MOLD. How do we deal with this now? I would like to hear from yourself on behalf of this matter, I can be reached at 828 757 5664, Rick or Windy.
(114) - Posted 2 years ago
I was very disappointed in my experience. I purchased a specific truck cover that had a rebate sign attached to it and was told I would get a rebate which influenced my decision. The company said that my cover did not qualify and the store told me there was nothing they could do about it. I also purchased a bull bar and was told I could mount a winch on it and after installation I requested a winch and was told that was not an option. I asked to return it and they scheduled me to drop off my truck but after leaving they called and offered me a 200 credit on my Lendmark account which 2 months later is still not applied. At the same time, I purchased a light bar and after they installed it the brake light did not light up and they said they would replace it with another one which is now mounted crooked. I really thought with over 55 years of truck accessories experience that Leonard would be a good company to do business with. I was terribly mistaken, and have yet to receive a return phone call about the credit to my account or any kind of resolution for the multiple misleading tactics which influenced my decision to make the purchases I did. If the staff had been honest, or knowledgeable, upfront I could have made a better informed decision at the appropriate time and saved much grief and regret for choosing Leonard. Hopefully something positive will happen soon and I will not have to speak so negatively of them every time someone asks me about my truck. Clayton Ballard 704 526 8829
(118) - Posted 2 years ago
Pour customer service when talk to manager about a situation it was a waste of time. Quality of workmanship in the shop done on my trailer I bought new was a joke! Never go back again and not recommend to anyone ever!!!
(125) - Posted 2 years ago
I'd rather not give you my opinion
(122) - Posted 2 years ago
So, I bought a 10x12 shed but the shed ended not been a 10x12. It was way shorter. the outside was 11'8" x 9'x5" THE OUTISDE. When I call and asked they said that the documents I sign said that the shed may not be the actual size. My bad for not reading, but the sales person never mention that the shed was smaller. You know when you buy something and the say is a 10x12 it shoudl have been that. Advertice what your selling. Also sent a message to Leonard and havent gottena responce and one sales person said that the person that sold it to me was going to call and I am still waiting.
(112) - Posted 2 years ago
I was mislead twice and will not use Leonard again
(126) - Posted 2 years ago
They have the worst customer service ever. Received my transfer tank that was supposed to be black, its chrome. I've emailed 3 times, called twice and filled out a return form. NO REPLY AT ALL. Its been a week now.. take your business elsewhere because they don't care and are priced way higher than everyone else
If you plan on buying a single axle trailer and putting anything in it then don't go over a pot hole don't go over a curve at 1/2 a mile an hour. Treat the trailer like a princess. If we would have known this was the case we would have purchased a double axle. But after taking it in and finding out that a pot hole can bend the axle, which by the way won't be covered by their amazing warranty, why wouldn't all of their axles bend by hitting a pot hole. And if you have or know anyone that has had similar experiences with leonard we should all post it because apparently Leonard trailers will find a reason not to repair your equipment. Attached is a photo of my severely dented frame from bottoming out which voided my warranty. Everyone check your trailer. I did not know something was wrong until someone pulled up and said your tire looks crooked.
The 2 gentlemen that I dealt with were very professional & nice, however I ordered my truck cover earlier in the week & was told it would arrive Thursday. It did. However it didn't have the correct stuff in the box/was the wrong version. I'm suppose to start work Friday. Now I can't work because I have no truck cover & It's too late of notice to find another. Now I have to hope I still have my job come Monday Or whenever the truck cover comes in. This is gonna screw over my family for the holidays.. I understand mistakes happen. However this is a very costly one on behalf of my family.
Leonard Buildings & Truck Accessories is rated 4.3 based on 967 reviews