Leonard Buildings & Truck Accessories Reviews

Own Driver, Courier
Telephone, Live Chat, Email
Read Leonard Buildings & Truck Accessories Reviews

About Leonard Buildings & Truck Accessories:

Established in the Blue Ridge foothills of North Carolina in 1963, Leonard Buildings and Truck Accessories is a privately owned retailer, manufacturer and distributor whose product lines include storage buildings, cargo and utility trailers, truck covers and accessories, carports, playhouses, pet and animal structures, gazebos, and outdoor furniture. We serve our residential, commercial and government customers through our 59 factory outlet stores in the five-state region of North Carolina, South Carolina, Virginia, West Virginia and Tennessee.

Seventy percent of our business last year resulted from repeat customers and referrals mostly of which were from family member to family member. We hear a lot of this: "I am here because when I was growing up my grandfather had a Leonard building in his backyard . . ." We take pride in serving and taking care of folks as if they were our family.

Over the years, our company's focus on quality, craftsmanship and customer service has allowed each of our company-owned stores to be integrated partners in their local communities. We encourage employees to look for ways to make a difference around town and to help out worthy causes.

630 W. Independence BlvdSuite 3Mount Airy, NC 27030

Tell us how Leonard Buildings & Truck Accessories made you happy
RETURNS AND REFUNDS A SERIOUS JOKE!!! Order nerf bars for truck. Verified them by calling personally before ordering and the sales associate verified them. Placed the order, recieved them and they were wrong. Their return policy says you only have 5 days to start the return policy from the day you receive the product. I sent a email 2 days after I received them and I still have not been contacted. Not to mention have left 2 voicemails with no return call either. It has now been 10 days and nothing. Even their dealer stores don't know how to do their returns!! My next stop is calling the BBB tomorrow and report them. It's their mistake and now they won't contact me like they say to get this return started. BEWARE...SHOP ELSEWHERE!!!
Leonard does not stand behind their work. Brand new trailer Hubs break off during commute. You will be charged for repair so BEWARE. Better go somewhere else. Here's some options...... NC Trailer Sales 221 Boots Evans Rd, Thomasville, NC 27360 Trinity Trailer Sales 5268 Surrett Dr, Archdale, NC 27263 Tesh and Sons Trailer Sales 1370 T S Payne Rd, Lexington, NC 27295
Took my enclosed trailer their to see if they could repair the damage from cutting the turn to tight caving in the diamond cut steel platting and aluminum siding. Was assured they could and there was no problem. Ordered the material ...which was promised in a week .... but came in 3 weeks late... when the material finally arrived I happily dropped off the trailer to be repaired. Unfortunately, when I picked it up ... they explained they did have the right tools to do the repairs .... and had not been able to order all the parts needed. I dented 1/4 inch solid diamond cut steel ... they replaced it with 1/16 flexible diamond steel ... Frankly, the damaged area looked better then the repaired area. I would have thought they would have told me about their limitations when I was standing h there initially for the inspection of repairs. I would not recommend this company for repairs.
I custom ordered an outbuilding in mid-July and just received it on October 1st. I was told that it would take 4-6 weeks for delivery, but ended up waiting TEN WEEKS. Absolutely no one from Leonard contacted me to explain the reason for the late delivery. When my building arrived, it was the WRONG COLOR. When I called to question the mistake, I was told that it was MY FAULT. I specifically took a piece of paper with the paint color needed when I ordered the building and the salesman supposedly put that color into the ordering system. Leonard said they would repaint the building at a cost of $475. The salesman said that a lady in the home office wanted to CHARGE MORE, but he talked her down to $475. You would think that when you invest THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS in a building that they would make sure that every single detail is correct and not send you a product with even the slightest problem. You would think that if there was a problem that they would agree to fix it. Disappointed!
I purchased my owner truck cover and scheduled Leonards to install it. I commend them on the service, it was great. Brad the manger set me appointment I arrived a few minutes earlier and he had Dustin the installer to start work immediately. After he finished the installation Dustin explained the proper operation of the cover. He covered all the does and don't. I only waited for less than a hour. Also the waiting room was cleaned.
Not pleased with customer service. My shed came late and I thought ok that happens sometimes, but it wasn’t level and I can’t open one door without it damaging the shed. I then called the next day and told them and well we are over 3 weeks and nothing fixed. I would not recommend.
I purchased one of the 6x12 single axle utility trailer in NC at the end of March in 2020 for my father and delivered it to him in Ohio. It didn't last through winter before the paint flaked/peeled off the fenders starting in December 2020. By February 2021 nearly all the fender paint had fallen off. Inspection of the fender resulted in identification that poor surface preparation and no primer were applied before paint by the manufacturer. After leaving a negative review in February 2021 at the point of purchase I was contacted by Mario of Leonard Trailers from Texas. He said he would look into warranty and try to get it taken care of. There has been no communication since then and we are at the point where we need to fix it ourselves to prevent the fenders from rusting out. Terrible product. Terrible company who doesn't stand behind their products. I'm buying another trailer for myself today to haul mulch and would have been going back to my local Leonard to purchase if not for this experience! *Would provide pictures but the option doesn't exist to upload them.
Had a building delivery scheduled for today and well no building....no contact from the store and on top of it.....lost a half day of work due to it being scheduled for this afternoon.......not impressed with anything at this location....this is a damn joke
Trailer purchase signed contract put 300 down was told trailer would be delivered in couple weeks. Waited a month my wife called they said I don’t know could be 10 more weeks. So I showed up at office mentioned the 10 week comment. Guy took my number he called me back and said trailer will be here in 3 weeks . Well going on 4 weeks two months total they got my deposit . And I’m lost in the mix. Avoid Leonard trailers in Summerville sc.
Great quality, Friendly Staff.. Installation was timely, However I did need to come back the next day for adjustments.
I am happy to say everything about our trailer purchase went without a hitch (pun intended). Josh Blaylock was fantastic. He took the time to stand out in the rain with us and explain everything to make sure we knew all about our new trailer. He made sure everything was connected properly and we were comfortable with everything before we left. High quality trailers, good prices and great customer service!
12' tandem axle utility trailer: Good body and axles, terrible wiring. Pulls really nice and straight behind the truck. Doesn't bounce too badly. Brakes work well enough, but have to turn the gain control way way down when trailer is empty, otherwise locks up. But the wiring is pathetic, run inside the trailer bed with open connections and exposed wiring. Leonard dealer wouldn't fix it because they said it was my loading that rubbed the wires, not the fact they had exposed wires running through the mesh inside the trailer where the cargo goes. The cheap connectors they use leave wires exposed to elements and the ground at the battery brake controller almost fell out of the connector. (I have pictures but there's no upload button) Rewired it myself with wires (that I had to buy from Leonard) running under the trailer. It's fine now but the factory engineering there is a pretty big fault.
Purechased a beautiful 16 ft enclosed trailer with 4 wheels and breaks. Drove it home and thats it. Worst wiring job...all 4 wires were pulled out due to no slack in the wires for suspension and crappy connections. Called sales guy... sales guy said its your job to fight the mfg. to get warranty work. I thought it was a Lenord trailer???.... nope....just the Lenord sticker. Buyer beware..they dont stand behind what they sell. Spent 6k too and i buy lots of trailers.
Similar to others... hub broke on my brand new trailer. They would not stand behind their product and told us their trailers weren’t designed to go over 45 mph!?!!? This was after I told them I needed a trailer specifically for highway hauling. They suggest I repair it at my own cost, sell it and come back and buy another trailer from them! No thank you!!!
We are very pleased with the bed top we got today at Leonard truck accessories in Morristown,TN
Exceptional customer service!! Very knowledgeable and helpful!!
Beware! Hub broke completely off within 1500 miles. They charged me to repair it. If you want a reliable trailer and fair treatment, try these guys below and stay away from Leonard. NC Trailer Sales 221 Boots Evans Rd, Thomasville, NC 27360 Trinity Trailer Sales 5268 Surrett Dr, Archdale, NC 27263 Tesh and Sons Trailer Sales 1370 T S Payne Rd, Lexington, NC 27295
My bed cover was leaking, so i made an appointment at Leonards in Morehead City, N.C. The service people were very friendly, got right to work on my truck cover and fixed the problem very fast. I would recommend Leonards to anyone, thank you.
Shed delivered perfectly. But was promised a ramp ASAP. One month later find out it’s been in the shop fir two weeks and called and have no idea as to when it can be delivered. ?? It’s a ramp that was paid for weeks ago. Now will cancel it. Smh
Sorry customer service ! Installed a new light bar and sent me home with only half of it working.
Leonard Buildings & Truck Accessories is rated 4.32 based on 902 reviews