Leonard Buildings & Truck Accessories Reviews

Own Driver, Courier
Telephone, Live Chat, Email
Read Leonard Buildings & Truck Accessories Reviews

About Leonard Buildings & Truck Accessories:

Established in the Blue Ridge foothills of North Carolina in 1963, Leonard Buildings and Truck Accessories is a privately owned retailer, manufacturer and distributor whose product lines include storage buildings, cargo and utility trailers, truck covers and accessories, carports, playhouses, pet and animal structures, gazebos, and outdoor furniture. We serve our residential, commercial and government customers through our 59 factory outlet stores in the five-state region of North Carolina, South Carolina, Virginia, West Virginia and Tennessee.

Seventy percent of our business last year resulted from repeat customers and referrals mostly of which were from family member to family member. We hear a lot of this: "I am here because when I was growing up my grandfather had a Leonard building in his backyard . . ." We take pride in serving and taking care of folks as if they were our family.

Over the years, our company's focus on quality, craftsmanship and customer service has allowed each of our company-owned stores to be integrated partners in their local communities. We encourage employees to look for ways to make a difference around town and to help out worthy causes.

mktngteam@leonardusa.com

630 W. Independence BlvdSuite 3Mount Airy, NC 27030
Mount Airy

Tell us how Leonard Buildings & Truck Accessories made you happy
The team located at 517 tulip drive were outstanding from day one to order completion. Looks like the leader there has set an impressive tone.
The Leonard team was super professional, quick and knowledgeable and fixed the problem with our trailer hitch in minutes. Excellent service!
I had ordered a 4x8 in loves trailer for personal/ work. I am a carpenter and needed a tool trailer. After a month I called to ask if it was almost done. They hD no info then. I wanted 2 more weeks then called. They said they had just gotten an email saying it was built Nd waiting on delivery. After 2 weeks of not hearing anything I called. They said they hunt heard Nyfhing or received the trailer. I waited Nother 2 weeks and called again. They still hadn't heard anything. But this time rather thN Mkd it right. Gentlemen said I could cancel the order. I asked to speak to a manager. One called back about 2 hours later. I explained everything to him and he looked the oder up and said it hadn't even been built yet. At this point its been almost three months. Then to find out it still wasn't built. I said it could take another 2 or 3 months and he said yes. At that point I did cancel the order. I felt like I was lied to and led on from the beginning. I won't oder from them again.
Purchased a Pilot 10x12 metal storage building on Memorial Day. 1st building was delivered 7/30/21 & had so many issues that the regional rep had the entire building replaced. Before the 2nd building was to be delivered Leonard’s requested I come & approve of the 2nd building. If they can’t trust their quality control - it certainly isn’t the job of the consumer to do so. 2nd building delivered after Holly went out & assured me there was nothing wrong with building #2 9/3 #2 is here for delivery. Before the driver did anything I looked at the building & called Holly. No disrespect intended, but Holly isn’t a good judge of a new building. I was instructed to take the 2nd building as Leonard’s would fix or replace everything. I sent pictures to the corporate office. Repair man arrives on 9/26 with basically NO knowledge of what is needed. 8 hours later, with NO matching screws, not the correct touch up paint, scratched NEW materials- I felt bad for the guy. Their was little or NO communication between the corporate office to their repair guy. Now I’m waiting for more materials & the repair man again. 1/2 the roof needs to be taken off !! ALL issues are due stupid mistakes / made by workers who don’t care about the finished product. Best person so far - Repair man Absolutely absurd the errors made & the overall lack of quality control. I would not recommend!
I recently visited Leonard's in New Bern to look at some. Accessories for my truck. I wasn't really sure what I really wanted or what would work for my truck. Don was extremely helpful and patient in helping me with my decision making and steering me in the right direction. I will certainly be back to make my purchases soon and am looking forward to speaking with Don again.
I am extremely happy with my 7 x 16 covered trailer however I was told that they didn't have my keys and Became the request would have to go through corporate, it would take 4 to 5 weeks. I leave on my road trip one week from today 10/2/21. How am I supposed to get my keys in order to lock up my valuables?
I ordered two side mount truck boxes a back rack and mount kit for rack. Got one tracking number for just the mount kit. Received both boxes and kit but no back rack showed to be delivered with one of the boxes but I didn't get it. Now after many emails and trying to get help on phone I have to file a police report befor they reorder my part. I needed all of these item to rig out my truck for work. I will Never order any thing from this company again. Thanks for all the frustrations you have caused me.
I purchased a 6x12 Leonard Aluminum Trailer today 09/18/2021. They did not have one in stock but had me one there on the lot the next day. Chris Vega and his sales associates helped me very professionally with everything I needed. Thanks for everything . I will be doing business there again.
I PAID FOR A TOOL BOX SIX WEEKS AGO AND HAVE NOT RECEIVED . SHIPPING SHOWS ITS SITTING IN A WAREHOUSE 2 HOURS FROM ME AND NO ONE WILL HELP I CALL AND CALL NO ONE ANSWERS OR CALLS ME BACK. I WANT A REFUND BUT I CANNOT GET ONE UNTILL I REFUSE THE DELIVERY .. I CANT DO THAT IF IT NEVER COMES .. SO THEY JUST KEPT MY MONEY IN LIMBO ... WORST COMPANY EVER ......
Leonard Truck Accessories provided a great product and service. When I discovered that the manufacturer of a product I ordered had 3 weeks lead time, Leonards Customer Service contacted them and advocated for my needs. (Thank you Nicole.) Just a reflection of caring about their customers!
Thank you Buddy and Scott for always helping us when we shop for a new Storage shed. You both have always been honest and treated us with respect. We recommend Leonard buildings in Wilmington,when we are asked where to buy storage sheds or where did you purchase your sheds from. Thank you!!
We had a great experience purchasing our building. Everyone was very friendly and helpful. However, we initially had an issue with not getting setup on a monthly draft when we kept asking for it, since before we even signed the contract. However, we called and spoke with Tabatha, our account manager, who made our 1 star experience into a 5+/5 star experience. She took the time to explain our account to where it made sense. She helped us get caught up and get setup on the payment plan we wanted. She was so kind and understanding, and so incredibly helpful. She makes us want to continue to do business with Leonard.
It should tell us al something when you can’t get an estimated price on line!
I purchased my owner truck cover and scheduled Leonards to install it. I commend them on the service, it was great. Brad the manger set me appointment I arrived a few minutes earlier and he had Dustin the installer to start work immediately. After he finished the installation Dustin explained the proper operation of the cover. He covered all the does and don't. I only waited for less than a hour. Also the waiting room was cleaned.
I want to give a shout out to Don at the New Bern, NC Leonard location. I had a short term truck need and Don went above and beyond in assisting me in fulfilling this need. He was professional and personable throughout the entire process. I have dealt with Don and this location several times over the years, and he has always bent over backwards with a smile in assisting me. Don is a credit to the Leonard Buildings and Truck Accessory family.
I dropped by the store to inquire about a toolbox for my new truck. I thought I probably would need to order one, wait for it to come in, and then set up an appointment to have it installed. Jerry was extremely helpful in helping me select a toolbox. The computer showed that there was not one in stock. Jeff, who was also extremely helpful, went to the warehouse to make sure and actually found the one I needed. The technicians had it installed and ready to go in 15 minutes. Everyone was very helpful, knowledgeable, friendly, and efficient. I would highly recommend these guys for any buildings, trailers, or truck accessories.
Richard Lockett, the service tech, went out of his way to repair the defects in in the roof of my building. After trying very hard he will have to return to fix a problem with the doors. Although I am happy that Richard was sent out to do the repairs, it makes me wonder about the quality control that would let the building leave for delivery to the customer with the obvious problems.
Hello Leonard. I have a question. I own a business and wonder just how you can stay in business if all of your customers experience the same grief and dissatisfaction that I did. Once I know your secret, then I can screw up orders and send to paying customers defective products, just like you did me, and I can still make a profit! I waited 10 weeks for a tonneau cover that was sent to Greenville SC instead of Greenville NC. When it arrived it was defective (was not square) and now has to be reordered. No telling how long this is going to take. So if you don’t mind, please explain how this, in your mind, is GOOD business and how you continue to provide poor products and poor quality control and still stay in business. I MUST be doing something wrong.
James at the Morristown location is always a pleasure to work with. He is friendly, courteous and thorough! He helped me tremendously when purchasing my building. I highly recommend Leonard's for accessories and storage needs!
Spent hours shopping online for a car hauling trailer yesterday. Decided to get one made by by Leonard. Noticed they offered a cash discount, so I borrowed a tow vehicle today, went to the bank to get cash, drove all the way to Manassas (a 40 minute drive) only to find the trailer I want is not available anywhere. Total waste of time. Also, one of the guys behind the counter was annoyed (shaking his head in disgust) everytime the guy who was helping me asked him a question on my behalf. Sale and customer lost. Will be spending my cash elsewhere tomorrow.
Leonard Buildings & Truck Accessories is rated 4.3 based on 967 reviews