Leonard Buildings & Truck Accessories Reviews

81% of reviewers recommend Leonard Buildings & Truck Accessories

About Leonard Buildings & Truck Accessories: Established in the Blue Ridge foothills of North Carolina in 1963, Leonard Buildings and Truck Accessories is a privately owned retailer, manufacturer and distributor whose product lines include storage buildings, cargo and utility trailers, truck covers and accessories, carports, playhouses, pet and animal structures, gazebos, and outdoor furniture. We serve our residential, commercial and government customers through our 59 factory outlet stores in the five-state region of North Carolina, South Carolina, Virginia, West Virginia and Tennessee.

Seventy percent of our business last year resulted from repeat customers and referrals mostly of which were from family member to family member. We hear a lot of this: "I am here because when I was growing up my grandfather had a Leonard building in his backyard . . ." We take pride in serving and taking care of folks as if they were our family.

Over the years, our company's focus on quality, craftsmanship and customer service has allowed each of our company-owned stores to be integrated partners in their local communities. We encourage employees to look for ways to make a difference around town and to help out worthy causes.

630 W. Independence BlvdSuite 3Mount Airy, NC 27030

Tell us how Leonard Buildings & Truck Accessories made you happy

Own Driver, Courier
Telephone, Live Chat, Email
Under an hour
"Excellent experience. Employees showed superior customer service. Transaction was painless!"
"The guy who processed my order was very good but I have had several encounters with one very rude guy that works their is just down right nasty and they need to get rid of him because he is bad for business. I bought a shed and accessories add to my truck."
"Friendly staff"
"What a great crew at Leonard's Building & Truck Accessories in Bristol Va. They really know how to treat there customers with respect! Will do business with them again!"
"I bought a trailer from Smithfield store. They screwed up the title and I had to wait fourr and a half months to get it. Also on the way home with the trailer it came unhooked anddamaged my bumper. They assured me before I left that I had the correct ball which obviously I didn’t. And lastly I applied and got approved for financing fast forward four and half months later and my credit took another hit because they screwed up the transaction in the first place. I will never buy anything from Leonard again.poor way to do business!!!"
"Great guys here I’ve purchased several times and all has been very good experience."
"Would have been very good but I bought a top for my truck and it was leaking from the front (no seal or anything on it), took it back and told them it was leaking and they said they would take a look at it and it's a common problem and they would have to seal it. I asked then why they didn't put any type of seal on it as they were putting it on, they responded it's not cost effective. ???? in my mind. They did put some sort of black sticky goop on it (looks like some really good sealer), when I picked up my truck I asked them if they had taken the top off to fix it and they said "no". The cap still leaks and no I haven't taken it back. I bought a seal and I will install it myself so that I know it gets done and lord only knows what it's going to take to get the stuff off that they crammed in the crevice between the cap and the truck bed. I will not purchase anything else from the Leonard's in Goldsboro. I might purchase from Leonard somewhere else but it won't be Goldsboro. I have had several truck caps throughout the years and have never had anybody tell me that a common problem isn't cost effective to fix before you even install the product ($30 seal for a $2300 top). Once again ????"
"Working with Roger was difficult at times. He would not listen to requests and got mad if questioned. I paid over $4000 for my shed and felt I had the right to get it as I wanted and not have to fight for the size and type I wanted even though Roger stated numerous time "he knew better"."
(Little River) - Posted 1 month ago
"I knew that they get their trucks in on Tuesdays and Thursdays. I came in on a Monday, and ordered a part for my truck. Was told it would be in on the next truck, which was alright with me as I needed the hooks for that weekend. This was on the 13th of the month. Two weeks later, after they had to reorder the hooks again, the part came in. Guess what? Wrong HOOKS! I returned the hooks the next day and got my money back. I was very discouraged on the wait time and receiving the wrong parts. I went to a competitor and got the hooks with no problem, less money spent, as they had them in stock."
(Jacksonville) - Posted 1 month ago
"*** 6/17/19 *** UPDATE: All, I'm keeping my rating the same, however I do want to clarify that this review isn't for the store manager Marin at 2112 E US 70 HWY, Durham, NC 27703 but of her supervisor and leadership above them. Marin has been great throughout this entire ordeal and my review rating doesn't reflect on her. If I were to be rating her I'd give nothing but 5 Stars. However, as she was pushing towards a resolution she was ham strung by her direct leadership above her to make any real progress. It may be that the district manager has no weight in getting the folks in the factory to get the job done but it's clear that there is a lack of communication between these two different organizations within the business. Again, let me reiterate that Marin at the Durham store did an excellent job in helping me out and she was limited in her capacity from upper management to move forward. If Marin was the next person in charge I know that it would have gotten done and there wouldn't be customer sentiment issues. Also another saving grace for Leonard/Leer, we're thinking of purchasing a shed and you can thank Marin for that as she's able to work with us and we know with her leadership it'll be done correctly. Ryan *** END UPDATE **** Would be a 5 star review if they didn't make the mistake of matching paint for the cab. Bought my RAM 1500 CAP in October 2018 and when it came in late December 2018 the color was wrong. The CAP was returned back early January and it wasn't returned back until late February early March. I specifically made the request since the order was placed in October 2018 to have the decal on the glass removed and when it was being installed in late February early March the installer at the Durham location was able to make this request. My wife didn't notice until she got home that the installer made deep and visible scratches into the glass. I've made the report to the manager at this store immediately during that time. Here we are June 2 2019 and this issue hasn't been rectified. This whole ordeal has been going on for eight (8) months. I wish this could have been a simple transaction and the longer that this goes on my sentiment towards Leonard/Leer products continues to decrease each day. My confidence in leadership not from the local store manager but those above them from district managers to corporate to competently lead and make this mistake their own to lead this issue resolution continues to erode. Regards, Ryan Kotulak"
"Michael, I ordered my camper top in March, received it the first of April. The dealer ordered the wrong clamps , and in order for them to install the camper top they had to remove the stock Tundra tie down tracks or they said they couldn’t put on the top. They told me they would reorder the right clamps for it, and after 3 months and 2 trips down there (it is an hour away) I still don’t have the clamps...they keep telling me that they can’t ship them directly to me, and that they have to be brought in on a truck. One other reason that I had to go back down there is because the top wasn’t put on there correctly, I still have water comIng in places where it isn’t sealed. Right now I just want the correct clamps so I can reinstall my tie down clamps, why can’t they ship them to me? Mind you, I paid for this top in full and am very UNHAPPY with their service. I will hope that you can help me find a solution to this problem, if not I will be leaving reviews online. Thank you for your time, Jacob Everidge"
(Little River) - Posted 1 month ago
"I had great shopping experience with Leonard and Gerard was very professional and knowledgeable of the products I was searching for and purchased."
"Excellent customer service!"
"We had a good experience buying a new Leonard trailer. The staff was friendly and helpful, and gave us a good deal. We are please with our purchase."
"Our second time using Leonard to install a Patriot Blue Ox.. excellent job!!!!"
"Very helpful employees but need to learn what a 501c is for non profit organizations that are tax exempt for when they buy accessories. Other than that it was a good experience"
"your manager at Selma,NC is a lying POS and can not be trusted by your customers or Leonard. Honesty and integrity SHOULD BE a prerequisite to even working for your company, obviously not. I don't mind telling you, I nor anyone I know will EVER, to be clear, NEVER EVER do ANY business with your company in the future!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
(Selma) - Posted 1 month ago
"Always get my questions answered when going to the York county Leanards"
"I got a camper shell on my truck and got home and my light bar was not working under my tailgate. I got under my truck to see why and all my wires were just hanging so I had to repair the wiring they did and strap it up properly. Now I have to take my truck back because they installed my shell crooked and it has rubbed the paint off my truck. The window was not put on correctly from the factory and the paint is chipping. They are fixing everything but have to send the shell back for two weeks and will not give me a cover for my electrical in the bed of my truck. So I am now buying one for them to install while they fix my paint and wait for my shell to come back. I’m just worried about my wiring now and what they will mess up next they are all about production and getting people out not quality!"
(Richmond) - Posted 1 month ago
"Super service in New Bern"
Leonard Buildings & Truck Accessories is rated 4.29 based on 472 reviews

Create Free Account Now

Fill the details below & get instant access