Leonard Buildings & Truck Accessories Reviews

Over A Month
Telephone, Live Chat, Email
Read Leonard Buildings & Truck Accessories Reviews

About Leonard Buildings & Truck Accessories:

Established in the Blue Ridge foothills of North Carolina in 1963, Leonard Buildings and Truck Accessories is a privately owned retailer, manufacturer and distributor whose product lines include storage buildings, cargo and utility trailers, truck covers and accessories, carports, playhouses, pet and animal structures, gazebos, and outdoor furniture. We serve our residential, commercial and government customers through our 59 factory outlet stores in the five-state region of North Carolina, South Carolina, Virginia, West Virginia and Tennessee.

Seventy percent of our business last year resulted from repeat customers and referrals mostly of which were from family member to family member. We hear a lot of this: "I am here because when I was growing up my grandfather had a Leonard building in his backyard . . ." We take pride in serving and taking care of folks as if they were our family.

Over the years, our company's focus on quality, craftsmanship and customer service has allowed each of our company-owned stores to be integrated partners in their local communities. We encourage employees to look for ways to make a difference around town and to help out worthy causes.

630 W. Independence BlvdSuite 3Mount Airy, NC 27030

Tell us how Leonard Buildings & Truck Accessories made you happy
Went there and got a shed and a trailer, Brad Fisher was a great help and no pressure to buy unwanted items, I will return for future items for my truck.... Thank you Brad for all your help.....

James Cain
Well I had Truck running boards pot on that took about an hour which I had no problem with. This was in South Charleston WV. The problem was while I was waiting employees were running around without and COVID protection on most of the time I was in there. It was a very uncomfortable experience. I wont be going back for that reason.
Great service, and a great product
(121) - Posted 3 weeks ago
Purechased a beautiful 16 ft enclosed trailer with 4 wheels and breaks. Drove it home and thats it. Worst wiring job...all 4 wires were pulled out due to no slack in the wires for suspension and crappy connections. Called sales guy... sales guy said its your job to fight the mfg. to get warranty work. I thought it was a Lenord trailer???.... nope....just the Lenord sticker. Buyer beware..they dont stand behind what they sell. Spent 6k too and i buy lots of trailers.
this is one review I am happy to write about, I love my shed it truly fits all my stuff and I have a lot of stuff it was delivered on time had no problem placing it where I wanted.. they worked with me on my payments, and these days that a plus it is well built and adding shelves and hooks no problem.. if I should need another Leonards will be the ones I call
Similar to others... hub broke on my brand new trailer. They would not stand behind their product and told us their trailers weren’t designed to go over 45 mph!?!!? This was after I told them I needed a trailer specifically for highway hauling. They suggest I repair it at my own cost, sell it and come back and buy another trailer from them! No thank you!!!
Great purchase of a 5X8 Trailer, Oliver is all about it and knows what He is doing. Very professional and ensures you have all that you need for the DMV. I reserved it online, stopped in since I was in the area. He said He would call me in a day or two and He did! He knows what customer service includes and makes it happen. Smooth and great purchase. Thank you.
RETURNS AND REFUNDS A SERIOUS JOKE!!! Order nerf bars for truck. Verified them by calling personally before ordering and the sales associate verified them. Placed the order, recieved them and they were wrong. Their return policy says you only have 5 days to start the return policy from the day you receive the product. I sent a email 2 days after I received them and I still have not been contacted. Not to mention have left 2 voicemails with no return call either. It has now been 10 days and nothing. Even their dealer stores don't know how to do their returns!! My next stop is calling the BBB tomorrow and report them. It's their mistake and now they won't contact me like they say to get this return started. BEWARE...SHOP ELSEWHERE!!!
Ordered a cover oneline and was missing parts. The online company wasn’t helpful at all. I Called Saturday at noon and went up to the shop and met David Harris the manager and he found the parts I needed and they were in stock at the store. David then walked me through how to install them properly. Should’ve purchased the cover from him in the first place. Great service I will continue to use them from here on out.
We are very pleased with the bed top we got today at Leonard truck accessories in Morristown,TN
I went to the Roanoke location to find shocks for the back window of my truck cap. Thankfully I went there myself because the measurement was an inch off. They had the right part and even installed it for me. Extremely helpful, thanks.
Drove to Myrtle Beach SC to bring back the in-laws camper for them. Got to campground to find hitch parts stolen off the camper. Excellent help and service from the Conway SC Leonard staff getting me exactly what I needed to save the day given I drove 5 hrs from Virginia that day.
Very pleased with the manager and staff and they're going above and beyond to ensure I was safe and good to go with my backhaul of a camper from SC to VA.
Strongly recommend this Leonard location and staff.
Gene Jackson
Danville VA
I recently purchased a bed cover painted to match my 2020 Ford pickup from the Hickory, NC store. When I got home with it my wife noticed a small defect in the cover that neither I nor the folks at the store had seen. I took the truck back to the store and to make a long story short, Chris and Adam notified Leer (the manufacture). Leer said they would send a new cover, which they did. The new cover arrived in about two weeks with no defects. it was installed in just a few minutes and I was on my way. I can't say enough good about the service, the attitudes of everyone at the Leonard Store, and the service from Leer. OUTSTANDING PLACE TO DO BUSINESS.
I am so glad I chose Leonard's for purchasing a building. James was so helpful and knowledgeable! He answered all my questions and helped me determine the best building for me. Exceptional customer service! I will highly recommend Leonard's to my friends and family!!!
Exceptional customer service!! Very knowledgeable and helpful!!
Took my enclosed trailer their to see if they could repair the damage from cutting the turn to tight caving in the diamond cut steel platting and aluminum siding. Was assured they could and there was no problem. Ordered the material ...which was promised in a week .... but came in 3 weeks late... when the material finally arrived I happily dropped off the trailer to be repaired.
Unfortunately, when I picked it up ... they explained they did have the right tools to do the repairs .... and had not been able to order all the parts needed.
I dented 1/4 inch solid diamond cut steel ... they replaced it with 1/16 flexible diamond steel ...
Frankly, the damaged area looked better then the repaired area.
I would have thought they would have told me about their limitations when I was standing h there initially for the inspection of repairs. I would not recommend this company for repairs.
I needed a key for my truck cover that broke. I was given outstanding customer service by the manager who searched through his key inventory for a replacement. After meticulously searching for my key code he finally found one that matched. Customer service like that is almost unheard of in most businesses.
I custom ordered an outbuilding in mid-July and just received it on October 1st. I was told that it would take 4-6 weeks for delivery, but ended up waiting TEN WEEKS. Absolutely no one from Leonard contacted me to explain the reason for the late delivery. When my building arrived, it was the WRONG COLOR. When I called to question the mistake, I was told that it was MY FAULT. I specifically took a piece of paper with the paint color needed when I ordered the building and the salesman supposedly put that color into the ordering system. Leonard said they would repaint the building at a cost of $475. The salesman said that a lady in the home office wanted to CHARGE MORE, but he talked her down to $475. You would think that when you invest THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS in a building that they would make sure that every single detail is correct and not send you a product with even the slightest problem. You would think that if there was a problem that they would agree to fix it. Disappointed!
Leonard does not stand behind their work. Brand new trailer Hubs break off during commute. You will be charged for repair so BEWARE. Better go somewhere else. Here's some options......

NC Trailer Sales
221 Boots Evans Rd, Thomasville, NC 27360

Trinity Trailer Sales
5268 Surrett Dr, Archdale, NC 27263

Tesh and Sons Trailer Sales
1370 T S Payne Rd, Lexington, NC 27295
Beware! Hub broke completely off within 1500 miles. They charged me to repair it. If you want a reliable trailer and fair treatment, try these guys below and stay away from Leonard.

NC Trailer Sales