Leonard Buildings & Truck Accessories Reviews

Telephone, Live Chat, Email
Under an hour
Read Leonard Buildings & Truck Accessories Reviews

About Leonard Buildings & Truck Accessories:

Established in the Blue Ridge foothills of North Carolina in 1963, Leonard Buildings and Truck Accessories is a privately owned retailer, manufacturer and distributor whose product lines include storage buildings, cargo and utility trailers, truck covers and accessories, carports, playhouses, pet and animal structures, gazebos, and outdoor furniture. We serve our residential, commercial and government customers through our 59 factory outlet stores in the five-state region of North Carolina, South Carolina, Virginia, West Virginia and Tennessee.

Seventy percent of our business last year resulted from repeat customers and referrals mostly of which were from family member to family member. We hear a lot of this: "I am here because when I was growing up my grandfather had a Leonard building in his backyard . . ." We take pride in serving and taking care of folks as if they were our family.

Over the years, our company's focus on quality, craftsmanship and customer service has allowed each of our company-owned stores to be integrated partners in their local communities. We encourage employees to look for ways to make a difference around town and to help out worthy causes.

630 W. Independence BlvdSuite 3Mount Airy, NC 27030

Tell us how Leonard Buildings & Truck Accessories made you happy
If you plan on buying a single axle trailer and putting anything in it then don't go over a pot hole don't go over a curve at 1/2 a mile an hour. Treat the trailer like a princess. If we would have known this was the case we would have purchased a double axle. But after taking it in and finding out that a pot hole can bend the axle, which by the way won't be covered by their amazing warranty, why wouldn't all of their axles bend by hitting a pot hole. And if you have or know anyone that has had similar experiences with leonard we should all post it because apparently Leonard trailers will find a reason not to repair your equipment. Attached is a photo of my severely dented frame from bottoming out which voided my warranty. Everyone check your trailer. I did not know something was wrong until someone pulled up and said your tire looks crooked.
I came into Leonard's and Brad Fisher was very helpful. I came in to just buy a storage building, but after he explained everything about the building in detail he looked at my vehicle and showed me all the new stuff people are buying to help protect their vehicles. So then I purchased some Weathertech floor mats, bug shield and vent visors. He then noticed it was hard for me to get in the vehicle -- it sits up higher -- so he recommended some steps and he went into detail about all the different ones. I So I ended up getting steps. I wish there were more people like Brad. He's a pleasure to work with and an honest person. He really paid attention to what I needed and made the effort to educate me. Leonard's is lucky to have such a special gentleman. Once again, thank you Brad! I will be only coming to Leonard's and so will all my friends and family. if I could give this 10 stars I would! Very happy customer!!
Leonard New Bern Needed hitch for 2016 Honda HRV called Honda, they couldn’t help me but recommended Leonard Spoke with Don, he ordered the hitch called when it came in and installed and wired it. The whole crew there is professional and friendly Thanks guys. Great Job!!!
The serviced I received from your West Wendover NC Store was very professional, Customer friendly. The products I purchased, I was very pleased with. the Tech who worked on my vehicle (West Roberison) did a excellent job.
The staff at Leonards was very helpful, knowledgeable and have great attitudes. Dan went above and beyond. I will definitely be going back for all my truck needs.
The 2 gentlemen that I dealt with were very professional & nice, however I ordered my truck cover earlier in the week & was told it would arrive Thursday. It did. However it didn't have the correct stuff in the box/was the wrong version. I'm suppose to start work Friday. Now I can't work because I have no truck cover & It's too late of notice to find another. Now I have to hope I still have my job come Monday Or whenever the truck cover comes in. This is gonna screw over my family for the holidays.. I understand mistakes happen. However this is a very costly one on behalf of my family.
Sorry I'm so late in sending this review--They were terrific!
I was at the Princeton store and needed a building this week. Claude and Cathy worked very hard in fact no other building lot worked as hard as they did. I am recieving my building today. John came from Charleston to deliver my building. Thank you all for your hard work.
Leonard worked with for a unique solution to a unique problem that other truck accessory places told me wouldn't work. Did great work, quick, competitively priced and is working great for us! Thank you!
I had the gentlemen install a bed cover on my Sierra. They were very professional and courteous to both me and my wife. The installation was great and they took time to show us how to operate the bed cover since it was removable. I will definitely be doing more business with them.
On 3/16/19 I ordered and PAID for a Mini Sagebrush building from Leonard in Burlington, NC. A few weeks after ordering I called to check on estimated delivery date and there seemed to be some confusion in finding my order? About a week after my call the Burlington store called me to verify the roof color of the building I ordered. I was later told they had forgotten to order the building. This call came ~ 4 weeks after my purchase. On April 29/19 the building was delivered to my home. I was able to be on site. The building arrived with the wrong roof color! After checking it over we also noted that one of the panels of siding on one side is not nailed to the framing, one of the hinges on the front door is missing 3 lag bolts, and due to the store front being installed crooked the roof tin does not match up to the front leaving a pretty substantial gap for potential leaks. Also there are several areas on the building, especially the area over the door, where the stain finish has long drip marks. Before the building was unloaded we called the store in Burlington who offered to reorder another building with the correct colored roof or I could accept this one and they would send someone to make the repairs most likely within a week. Before the building was unloaded we agreed that repairs to be made would be to replace 1 sheet of the roof in the wrong color recut on an angle to fill the gap, add lag bolts to the hinges, provide stain so that I could fix the stain job, and nail the siding. I was advised that a work order would be submitted and I should hear from someone within the week re scheduling the repairs. I decided to leave the incorrect roof color to save Leonard that repair. A few weeks went by and I heard nothing. I called the store to check in and get a color number for the stain as I had been told when purchasing the building that it was a Sherwin Williams color and had been by 2 stores trying to match the stain so I could get started on fixing the stain job. I was tired of waiting. I was informed that color was specific for Leonard and they had some on hand for me that I could come and pick up which I did. Since then I have called a few times asking if they have a date for my repair and been advised they will call me soon. It is AUGUST, I haven't heard a thing and I am tired of calling. I purchased this building to be used for a business that I am proud to be starting for children. It will be visible to the public and I care about it's appearance. This adventure has been a life long dream and I planned carefully on what building and from where to buy first. I was on the verge of ordering some goat sheds next and got the run around on that as well. It took weeks to get someone to confirm size and price, always me calling back after I was told I would be called. Needless to say I have put the goat sheds and other planned building purchases on hold. The whole process has been disappointing and aggravating. December has arrived and still no call from Leonard about my repairs.
Excellent experience. Employees showed superior customer service. Transaction was painless!
The guy who processed my order was very good but I have had several encounters with one very rude guy that works their is just down right nasty and they need to get rid of him because he is bad for business. I bought a shed and accessories add to my truck.
Friendly staff
What a great crew at Leonard's Building & Truck Accessories in Bristol Va. They really know how to treat there customers with respect! Will do business with them again!
I bought a trailer from Smithfield store. They screwed up the title and I had to wait fourr and a half months to get it. Also on the way home with the trailer it came unhooked anddamaged my bumper. They assured me before I left that I had the correct ball which obviously I didn’t. And lastly I applied and got approved for financing fast forward four and half months later and my credit took another hit because they screwed up the transaction in the first place. I will never buy anything from Leonard again.poor way to do business!!!
Great guys here I’ve purchased several times and all has been very good experience.
Would have been very good but I bought a top for my truck and it was leaking from the front (no seal or anything on it), took it back and told them it was leaking and they said they would take a look at it and it's a common problem and they would have to seal it. I asked then why they didn't put any type of seal on it as they were putting it on, they responded it's not cost effective. ???? in my mind. They did put some sort of black sticky goop on it (looks like some really good sealer), when I picked up my truck I asked them if they had taken the top off to fix it and they said "no". The cap still leaks and no I haven't taken it back. I bought a seal and I will install it myself so that I know it gets done and lord only knows what it's going to take to get the stuff off that they crammed in the crevice between the cap and the truck bed. I will not purchase anything else from the Leonard's in Goldsboro. I might purchase from Leonard somewhere else but it won't be Goldsboro. I have had several truck caps throughout the years and have never had anybody tell me that a common problem isn't cost effective to fix before you even install the product ($30 seal for a $2300 top). Once again ????
Working with Roger was difficult at times. He would not listen to requests and got mad if questioned. I paid over $4000 for my shed and felt I had the right to get it as I wanted and not have to fight for the size and type I wanted even though Roger stated numerous time "he knew better".
(Little River) - Posted 10 months ago
I knew that they get their trucks in on Tuesdays and Thursdays. I came in on a Monday, and ordered a part for my truck. Was told it would be in on the next truck, which was alright with me as I needed the hooks for that weekend. This was on the 13th of the month. Two weeks later, after they had to reorder the hooks again, the part came in. Guess what? Wrong HOOKS! I returned the hooks the next day and got my money back. I was very discouraged on the wait time and receiving the wrong parts. I went to a competitor and got the hooks with no problem, less money spent, as they had them in stock.
(Jacksonville) - Posted 10 months ago