Leonard Buildings & Truck Accessories Reviews

Over A Month
Telephone, Live Chat, Email
Read Leonard Buildings & Truck Accessories Reviews

About Leonard Buildings & Truck Accessories:

Established in the Blue Ridge foothills of North Carolina in 1963, Leonard Buildings and Truck Accessories is a privately owned retailer, manufacturer and distributor whose product lines include storage buildings, cargo and utility trailers, truck covers and accessories, carports, playhouses, pet and animal structures, gazebos, and outdoor furniture. We serve our residential, commercial and government customers through our 59 factory outlet stores in the five-state region of North Carolina, South Carolina, Virginia, West Virginia and Tennessee.

Seventy percent of our business last year resulted from repeat customers and referrals mostly of which were from family member to family member. We hear a lot of this: "I am here because when I was growing up my grandfather had a Leonard building in his backyard . . ." We take pride in serving and taking care of folks as if they were our family.

Over the years, our company's focus on quality, craftsmanship and customer service has allowed each of our company-owned stores to be integrated partners in their local communities. We encourage employees to look for ways to make a difference around town and to help out worthy causes.

630 W. Independence BlvdSuite 3Mount Airy, NC 27030

Tell us how Leonard Buildings & Truck Accessories made you happy
I needed a key for my truck cover that broke. I was given outstanding customer service by the manager who searched through his key inventory for a replacement. After meticulously searching for my key code he finally found one that matched. Customer service like that is almost unheard of in most businesses.
I custom ordered an outbuilding in mid-July and just received it on October 1st. I was told that it would take 4-6 weeks for delivery, but ended up waiting TEN WEEKS. Absolutely no one from Leonard contacted me to explain the reason for the late delivery. When my building arrived, it was the WRONG COLOR. When I called to question the mistake, I was told that it was MY FAULT. I specifically took a piece of paper with the paint color needed when I ordered the building and the salesman supposedly put that color into the ordering system. Leonard said they would repaint the building at a cost of $475. The salesman said that a lady in the home office wanted to CHARGE MORE, but he talked her down to $475. You would think that when you invest THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS in a building that they would make sure that every single detail is correct and not send you a product with even the slightest problem. You would think that if there was a problem that they would agree to fix it. Disappointed!
Leonard does not stand behind their work. Brand new trailer Hubs break off during commute. You will be charged for repair so BEWARE. Better go somewhere else. Here's some options......

NC Trailer Sales
221 Boots Evans Rd, Thomasville, NC 27360

Trinity Trailer Sales
5268 Surrett Dr, Archdale, NC 27263

Tesh and Sons Trailer Sales
1370 T S Payne Rd, Lexington, NC 27295
Beware! Hub broke completely off within 1500 miles. They charged me to repair it. If you want a reliable trailer and fair treatment, try these guys below and stay away from Leonard.

NC Trailer Sales
221 Boots Evans Rd, Thomasville, NC 27360

Trinity Trailer Sales
5268 Surrett Dr, Archdale, NC 27263

Tesh and Sons Trailer Sales
1370 T S Payne Rd, Lexington, NC 27295
Ruckersville VA location rocks! Mike Powell put on running boards that I had purchased on-line. He has done so many of these that installation took 40 minutes from the time I pulled in my truck. He also did the work at a great price. Highly recommend.
Today was a great day for me and my husband at the Yorktown Va on route 17 23693 Leonard shop. Blair Marcel was amazing !!!! We came in looking to get a trailer and Blair made it so easy and hassle free and was very informative about the equipment. I will be back because of the stellar service my husband an I received in a fast, friendly, and timely manner . I AM RECCOMMENDING LEONARD TO ALL MY FAMILY AND FRIENDS AND BLAIR!!!! THANK YOU AGAIN FOR OUR 6'4X12 TRAILER FOR MOMMAS NEW TRACKER .We also enjoyed the older guy ..the mechanic and his hospitality and also the other manager. It is so nice to be treated like family ..Thanks guys
Conni and Daniel sanchez
My bed cover was leaking, so i made an appointment at Leonards in Morehead City, N.C. The service people were very friendly, got right to work on my truck cover and fixed the problem very fast. I would recommend Leonards to anyone, thank you.
Shed delivered perfectly. But was promised a ramp ASAP. One month later find out it’s been in the shop fir two weeks and called and have no idea as to when it can be delivered. ?? It’s a ramp that was paid for weeks ago. Now will cancel it. Smh
Sorry customer service !
Installed a new light bar and sent me home with only half of it working.
Heather made my purchase of a 6X12 utility trailer a complete pleasant experience. Highly recommend Heather as well as Leonard’s. I will be a customer in the future.
Went to your 4009 bragg boulevard fayetteville NC location. Shelly assisted me with my purchase. She was quit knowledgeable with products. And assit me in making my purchase. I purchased ultra flex bed cover, weather tech window deflectors and weather tech rear floor mate. Installation went well very pleased with finished product. Would recommend anyone wanting truck accessories to give Leonard a try
Great customer service!! Friendly!!
Great costumer service!! Very nice and friendly!! The staff makes you feel like you have been knowing them for years!!! We love our step bars for the truck!!
Excellent install Of airlift 5000+ by Leonards in Conway South Carolina. Install was very neat, clean and professional. Very knowledgeable about the products they were installing. Great pricing as well!!!
Just had another excellent experience with Leonard truck supply in Conway South Carolina. They installed airlift 5000+ on my 2012 Dodge ram 2500. Excellent job on the install. Install was neat clean and timely. Very professional and knowledgeable as well as friendly. Excellent job. Highly recommended!!
We purchased a 5x8 enclosed trailer from the Shelby, NC location. The two gentleman who helped us went above and beyond! We bought the trailer sight unseen because we know the quality of Leonard products. Everything about our experience was professional and courteous. They went out in the heat and hooked up the trailer, helped with all the accessories and explained details about the trailer very well. They were so kind, that we bought a set of weather tech floor mats that we never planned to buy. Great customer service and highly recommended.
We had a great experience with Leonard building. The whole staff was amazing. Thank you Scott for having our shed delivered earlier than expected Johnny the Delivery driver was great Amazing watching him move the shed into place thank you all. Great job
We have brought 2 buildings from Leonard and we love them, the staff is always friendly and helpful. Great value
I am fully satisfied with the service provided when purchasing my truck bed cover. Helped me understand all my options and match to the need I described. Cover was installed and I was given step by step instructions how to use it. I will be a repeat customer.
I had an issue with my service at the West Columbia, SC facility a month ago. I spoke with Ken, the manager there. He personally called me, listened to what I had to say and took care of the issue. He is a man of his word and provides excellent customer service. Great management and I will trust this company again.
Leonard Buildings & Truck Accessories is rated 4.40 based on 806 reviews