Leonard Buildings & Truck Accessories Reviews

Over A Month
Telephone, Live Chat, Email
Read Leonard Buildings & Truck Accessories Reviews

About Leonard Buildings & Truck Accessories:

Established in the Blue Ridge foothills of North Carolina in 1963, Leonard Buildings and Truck Accessories is a privately owned retailer, manufacturer and distributor whose product lines include storage buildings, cargo and utility trailers, truck covers and accessories, carports, playhouses, pet and animal structures, gazebos, and outdoor furniture. We serve our residential, commercial and government customers through our 59 factory outlet stores in the five-state region of North Carolina, South Carolina, Virginia, West Virginia and Tennessee.

Seventy percent of our business last year resulted from repeat customers and referrals mostly of which were from family member to family member. We hear a lot of this: "I am here because when I was growing up my grandfather had a Leonard building in his backyard . . ." We take pride in serving and taking care of folks as if they were our family.

Over the years, our company's focus on quality, craftsmanship and customer service has allowed each of our company-owned stores to be integrated partners in their local communities. We encourage employees to look for ways to make a difference around town and to help out worthy causes.

630 W. Independence BlvdSuite 3Mount Airy, NC 27030,

Tell us how Leonard Buildings & Truck Accessories made you happy
I purchased one of the 6x12 single axle utility trailer in NC at the end of March in 2020 for my father and delivered it to him in Ohio. It didn't last through winter before the paint flaked/peeled off the fenders starting in December 2020. By February 2021 nearly all the fender paint had fallen off.

Inspection of the fender resulted in identification that poor surface preparation and no primer were applied before paint by the manufacturer.

After leaving a negative review in February 2021 at the point of purchase I was contacted by Mario of Leonard Trailers from Texas. He said he would look into warranty and try to get it taken care of. There has been no communication since then and we are at the point where we need to fix it ourselves to prevent the fenders from rusting out.

Terrible product. Terrible company who doesn't stand behind their products.

I'm buying another trailer for myself today to haul mulch and would have been going back to my local Leonard to purchase if not for this experience!

*Would provide pictures but the option doesn't exist to upload them.
Had a building delivery scheduled for today and well no building....no contact from the store and on top of it.....lost a half day of work due to it being scheduled for this afternoon.......not impressed with anything at this location....this is a damn joke
I received a great Leer topper for my Nissan Frontier. Price was right and service was better.
I wanted a site check before committing to purchasing a shed for my yard. I made an appointment for "KB" Benbow to come out. It was approximately fifteen minutes past our appointment time so I called the office and left a less than happy voice mail. Right after I hung up, KB called apologizing. He stated he was running behind and was on his way. When he arrived he was very cordial, helpful and sincere. He took his time, looked over my yard and made some good suggestions as far as placement. He also mentioned things I hadn't thought about such as ramps/length, and door clearance. KB is a really nice young man and I feel that Leonard is very fortunate to have him as an employee. If KB/Leonard would go to this much trouble for a site check, I'm sure the purchasing and installation process will be just as positive. I've had my share of "bad experiences" and unkept promises with other businesses, but KB restores my faith that there are still employees who are professional and take pride in their work. Thank you. SCB
Trailer purchase signed contract put 300 down was told trailer would be delivered in couple weeks. Waited a month my wife called they said I don’t know could be 10 more weeks. So I showed up at office mentioned the 10 week comment. Guy took my number he called me back and said trailer will be here in 3 weeks . Well going on 4 weeks two months total they got my deposit . And I’m lost in the mix. Avoid Leonard trailers in Summerville sc.
Had an appointment for a site walk through with a four-hour window. They even sent me a reminder. Sat for four hours (looking out the window) waiting for them - no show/no call/no message. Really poor customer service and communications. I was very disappointed, as I liked their buildings. Need to find another building supplier that keeps their appointments.
Honest and very professional people on the Leonard team. And my huge thanks to K.B for the professional he is and his entire team. I am very happy to have left Florida to buy my 6x12 dump trailer, it was worth my almost 8h trip from Florida to Columbia S.C to buy my dump trailer at Leonard. I really appreciate it:)!
Ben at Little River site did a very good job on the phone and in person when I ordered a rack. The rack came in 2 days as expected and Ben had the assembly completed and put the rack on my rig.
Thanks Ben
Great quality, Friendly Staff.. Installation was timely, However I did need to come back the next day for adjustments.
I am very pleased with my utility trailer purchased 03.16.21. Everyone from the manager to the staff were very courteous and helpful, they explained to me the warranty, the registration process with DMV, warranty, maintenance and also the safe handling and the proper way to hook up the trailer.. The whole purchase experience was hazzle free, I drove my trailer home in less than one hour. Thank you to all the staff at Leonard, Manassas?
Because of recent injuries, I’m unable to climb ladders etc. Hence Leonard was recommended for sheds. My wife and I went to see these sheds, and decided to purchase a basic “12’x14’ shed”. I then had a 13’x20’ concrete pad installed. Being out of town, my wife informed me of the delivery of the shed. She took a few pictures for me.
Immediately I knew it wasn’t the size ordered. Measuring it verified my instincts. It’s actually a 11’7”x 13’7”. It was explained to me that the measurements are actually from eave to eave (???) NOT side to side, front to back. If the salesperson was honest from the very start, I most likely would’ve purchased a little larger one. So, I open the shed door, only to notice a leaking roof. I also noticed that there wasn’t a drip edge, or tar paper. It was NEVER explained to us that these were “additional items”.
Leonard sent a rep out to inspect the discrepancies, and concurred with Me. Leonard sent out a gentleman who reroofed the shed correctly. The issue with the size was blamed on the SCDOT regs for transporting (???).
In all, Leonard sheds; nice. Customer service, good. Their repair guy, excellent. Sales/Salesmanship, very poor/very deceptive. Kind of hard to digest shelling out +$6k for a basic shed, only to realize that the salesperson wasn’t being honest and upfront from the very beginning.
Blair worked with us in designing our building/garage. He had great ideas and suggestions. The installation crew did a great job and didn’t leave a big mess behind. We love how our color choices were able to blend right in with our home. This is a high quality building that doesn’t just look like a random add on.
Charles Goings was professional, accurate, and precise, in placing our new shed in a very tight space. We couldn't be happier with our shed, and especially with Charles Goings and his skillful handling of our shed.
Outstanding salesman that went out of his way to show me the options for my Tundra. The installers were great as well. After the shell and bedrug were installed they went over the products with me. Outstanding Job Wilmington Leonard!
I bought your tray liner and one of your tech installed it on my F 250 the job was not well done. I have intention of install a tray cap on it but the gaps that was cut off the liner guarantee it would leak.
Great Customer Service! I purchased a bed cover and it leaked. I contacted our local distributer in Wilmington, NC and they contacted the manufacturer, which agreed to give me a 100% refund. I purchased a different still bed cover and it is perfect. Thanks so much for your outstanding customer service.
Ordered a bull bar in early January and didn't get installed until mid February. Plenty of excuses though - on back order, ordered the wrong brackets, ordered the wrong lights. Told me they would call me when the lights came in.. been two weeks and not a single phone call. I've already ordered the lights from another vendor and have put them in myself. Thought I would give some work to a local business but won't be using Leonard for anything else. Their lack of customer service and ability to order the correct parts is very disappointing.
I am happy to say everything about our trailer purchase went without a hitch (pun intended). Josh Blaylock was fantastic. He took the time to stand out in the rain with us and explain everything to make sure we knew all about our new trailer. He made sure everything was connected properly and we were comfortable with everything before we left.
High quality trailers, good prices and great customer service!
I brought my building in 2015 and have had a leak around the roll up door you all have come by and try to fix with no good results now it leaks all the time on both sides I have had things get wet on both sides inside I have noticed you change the design of them I am really tiered of this problem and most of the time you get a runaround with everyone
Bought a Diamondback SE Tonneau cover from Leonard and had them install it. Great priced on the cover (which I love) and a great job on the install. Attention to detail, excellent work on the Ford Rangers known leaky areas. This cover and install has let us transport our luggage across States, particularly a trip through a monsoon going to Williamsburg VA Christmas 2020. Absolutely bone dry on arrival, and bone dry every time I open it. My father was a Leonard man, and so am I! Thanks to the folks at the Bragg Blvd location in Fayetteville NC! Great service from all!
Leonard Buildings & Truck Accessories is rated 4.36 based on 848 reviews