Leonard Buildings & Truck Accessories Reviews

81% of reviewers recommend Leonard Buildings & Truck Accessories

About Leonard Buildings & Truck Accessories: Established in the Blue Ridge foothills of North Carolina in 1963, Leonard Buildings and Truck Accessories is a privately owned retailer, manufacturer and distributor whose product lines include storage buildings, cargo and utility trailers, truck covers and accessories, carports, playhouses, pet and animal structures, gazebos, and outdoor furniture. We serve our residential, commercial and government customers through our 59 factory outlet stores in the five-state region of North Carolina, South Carolina, Virginia, West Virginia and Tennessee.

Seventy percent of our business last year resulted from repeat customers and referrals mostly of which were from family member to family member. We hear a lot of this: "I am here because when I was growing up my grandfather had a Leonard building in his backyard . . ." We take pride in serving and taking care of folks as if they were our family.

Over the years, our company's focus on quality, craftsmanship and customer service has allowed each of our company-owned stores to be integrated partners in their local communities. We encourage employees to look for ways to make a difference around town and to help out worthy causes.

630 W. Independence BlvdSuite 3Mount Airy, NC 27030

Tell us how Leonard Buildings & Truck Accessories made you happy

Telephone
"Less expensive that I found it on line. Local friendly staff. Quick delivery."
"Accessories were ordered and delivered on timely basis. Installation was done by a professional and I am very pleased with end result. I highly recommend them. Thank you for the efficient service & professionalism. Prices were really great !"
"Transaction and install went smooth, at least i thought so. A couple days after having my new leer cover installed i was hauling a dump trailer full of rocks when i realized i had no trailer brakes, got to looking and realized my trailer brake wiring behind the bumper was never plugged back up, no big deal i plugged it back in and good to go. Now in about 2 months of owning the cover every seal on the back has come loose, from what i could find online the main seal should have been cut flush with the tailgate, not hanging down where the tailgate would mash it every time it was opened and closed (i figured maybe that was the way it was supposed to be). I believe this is what caused the other seals to tear loose. I tried to call twice on saturday, waited 5 min once and 10 the next call, then someone picked up but was talking to someone else in the store then put me back on hold without saying anything. I decided to just fix it myself. Very disappointed that after spending $4500 i cant even get anybody to pick up the phone"
"I received my part in a timely manner and the costumer service was great"
"Excellent service!"
"Worst purchase experience of my entire life. Building issues still have not been addressed to our satisfaction. Very disappointed in Leonard - will never buy anything from you again, and if asked, will discourage others from buying your products."
"Significant damage to my landscape/yard resulted from a storage building delivery. After addressing the matter with the owner, absolutely no attempt to correct the matter took place ('I wasn't at work yesterday' was the response I received)."
"The equipment Looks great but the sales and ordering portion of the process was quite confusing."
"Wait times were extremely longer than communicated. Part of railings not installed properly. Folks there were very nice."
"Great products and excellent customer service!"
"From the quality of the building to the delivery and set up, this has been a great experience. A good price for a good building."
"Will definitely do business with Leonard's again"
"Very friendly and helpful staff."
"Leonard’s was great. Easy to work with and did a great job. Thanks Mitch McLean!"
"They said my camper shell would take 2 hours to install... it took them about 3 hours and 45 minutes. Because of this, I was late to work (being paid hourly and not salary, this was about $60) . That being said, they were short staffed that day and only had 2 employees running the whole business. They were apologetic but did not offer to correct the situation or cut the price a little bit. They also took the liberty to install an enormous "LEONARD" decal on the back of the shell without asking me. I understand they want to advertise but the decal was ridiculous and a pain to take off... I had to use a scraper and rubbing alcohol to get the remains of the adhesive off. The employees do work extremely hard, however, and I do understand from personal experience how awful it can be to work while understaffed in a customer service industry. Props to them for that."
"Customer service at the location on Wade Hampton Ave in Greenville SC was horrible! I will never buy another Leonard product again. They couldn't answer any of my questions after I had made my down payment on my 12x24 building I purchased. They also botched my delivery date and gave me some lame excuse that their driver hurt his back. The driver that replaced that guy didn't level my building properly and had to wait a week for a guy to come back and fix it before I was comfortable with storing stuff in it. There were also dents and dings on the sheet metal and broken wood on the lower foundation wood frame. I would think as much as I spent on this building they would ensure it was in pristine condition."
"Installed a brush guard on my truck. Good job, good people and fair price! What more can you ask for."
"Excellent customer service and product, highly recommend to anyone looking for quality in all regards."
"The company needs to be more prompt on informing customer there order has arrived. I waited a week and didn't hear back from anyone. When i arrived to pick up parts that were delivered 2 days after ordering, they had been sitting outside in the rain for a couple days. Over all service was good, just improve one informing customer of the orders."
"I had a bed cover and spray in liner done. It was raining when I picked up my truck, the next day when I took a look at my truck I found scratches on my truck, looked like they had drug a air hose across it. The cover had something white on the side, it wasn't paint but whatever it was took a lot of work to get it off. They also told me it would be waterproof but it is not waterproof. The price was right! I was disappointed, I just expected a professional job on my new truck."
Leonard Buildings & Truck Accessories is rated 4.29 based on 438 reviews