Leonard Buildings & Truck Accessories Reviews

Own Driver, Courier
Telephone, Live Chat, Email
Read Leonard Buildings & Truck Accessories Reviews

About Leonard Buildings & Truck Accessories:

Established in the Blue Ridge foothills of North Carolina in 1963, Leonard Buildings and Truck Accessories is a privately owned retailer, manufacturer and distributor whose product lines include storage buildings, cargo and utility trailers, truck covers and accessories, carports, playhouses, pet and animal structures, gazebos, and outdoor furniture. We serve our residential, commercial and government customers through our 59 factory outlet stores in the five-state region of North Carolina, South Carolina, Virginia, West Virginia and Tennessee.

Seventy percent of our business last year resulted from repeat customers and referrals mostly of which were from family member to family member. We hear a lot of this: "I am here because when I was growing up my grandfather had a Leonard building in his backyard . . ." We take pride in serving and taking care of folks as if they were our family.

Over the years, our company's focus on quality, craftsmanship and customer service has allowed each of our company-owned stores to be integrated partners in their local communities. We encourage employees to look for ways to make a difference around town and to help out worthy causes.

630 W. Independence BlvdSuite 3Mount Airy, NC 27030

Tell us how Leonard Buildings & Truck Accessories made you happy
So. I bought a trailer from the Raleigh location and was told that there was a shortage and that they had a Triple Crown instead but that it was comparable to the Leonard one I had wanted 180C 6x12 closed sided trailer. So I said great. I went and got the trailer added extras bought a bunch of items from the store, locks and numerous accessories. I double checked before leaving with the manager who told us that the rating for payload for the trailer I was buying was about 2300 lbs bc th GAWR was 3500 and the trailer was about 1k. So ok get it home and just noticed the trailer sticker for the Triple Crown has a 1730lb payload capacity which is significantly less that what was told to me. First off that was a dangerous thing to tell someone a significantly wrong payload capacity and secondly I paid for a trailer that was supposed to be comparable to the Leonard 180C and it is definitely not. This weight difference is def noticeable on what I can transport when I have my UTV in it and changes the total plan I had for the unit. I have already titled the trailer gotten insurance and paid for a permanent plate and made some modifications. So now I assume very difficult to undo. Super upset and unhappy at the moment.
avoid Leonard's in Blacksburg !
Because of recent injuries, I’m unable to climb ladders etc. Hence Leonard was recommended for sheds. My wife and I went to see these sheds, and decided to purchase a basic “12’x14’ shed”. I then had a 13’x20’ concrete pad installed. Being out of town, my wife informed me of the delivery of the shed. She took a few pictures for me. Immediately I knew it wasn’t the size ordered. Measuring it verified my instincts. It’s actually a 11’7”x 13’7”. It was explained to me that the measurements are actually from eave to eave (???) NOT side to side, front to back. If the salesperson was honest from the very start, I most likely would’ve purchased a little larger one. So, I open the shed door, only to notice a leaking roof. I also noticed that there wasn’t a drip edge, or tar paper. It was NEVER explained to us that these were “additional items”. Leonard sent a rep out to inspect the discrepancies, and concurred with Me. Leonard sent out a gentleman who reroofed the shed correctly. The issue with the size was blamed on the SCDOT regs for transporting (???). In all, Leonard sheds; nice. Customer service, good. Their repair guy, excellent. Sales/Salesmanship, very poor/very deceptive. Kind of hard to digest shelling out +$6k for a basic shed, only to realize that the salesperson wasn’t being honest and upfront from the very beginning.
I brought my building in 2015 and have had a leak around the roll up door you all have come by and try to fix with no good results now it leaks all the time on both sides I have had things get wet on both sides inside I have noticed you change the design of them I am really tiered of this problem and most of the time you get a runaround with everyone
12' tandem axle utility trailer: Good body and axles, terrible wiring. Pulls really nice and straight behind the truck. Doesn't bounce too badly. Brakes work well enough, but have to turn the gain control way way down when trailer is empty, otherwise locks up. But the wiring is pathetic, run inside the trailer bed with open connections and exposed wiring. Leonard dealer wouldn't fix it because they said it was my loading that rubbed the wires, not the fact they had exposed wires running through the mesh inside the trailer where the cargo goes. The cheap connectors they use leave wires exposed to elements and the ground at the battery brake controller almost fell out of the connector. (I have pictures but there's no upload button) Rewired it myself with wires (that I had to buy from Leonard) running under the trailer. It's fine now but the factory engineering there is a pretty big fault.
Well I had Truck running boards pot on that took about an hour which I had no problem with. This was in South Charleston WV. The problem was while I was waiting employees were running around without and COVID protection on most of the time I was in there. It was a very uncomfortable experience. I wont be going back for that reason.
I ordered a very expensive Leer truck cap with many options. The product I received was dirty but in overall good shape. The install did not go as planned, I have been there twice to get cap installed and i am still waiting for someone to finish the wiring on the rear glass that lets the remote keyless entry control the lock on the back glass. My only other comment is the truck cap should have been cleaned prior to the original install. It was very dirty from transport. They guys at the store were very nice but my rear glass still doesn't work off the remote.
(659) - Posted 1 year ago
Carry on trailers are junk. Dealer said was ready to pick up but when I got there had not even started to put wheels on. Spent have a day waiting. Trailer had big dent in fender and dealer had attitude that it was on sale did not seem like a big deal for they. Trailer welds looked like twelve year old welded it. Light wiring was came loose in two places the time I got home across town. Sharp areas bad enough to cut you. I will never deal with Leonard or Carry on Trailers again. Leonard made me feel like they were doing me a favor selling me a trailer at a sale price that was damaged.
(122) - Posted 1 year ago
I hate to write a poor report. Unfortunately I have not been able to get my storage shed re-leveled. Over the last four months the back end has settled and I can no longer open the side door. I have called the Manassas store at least five times over the past two months. The person who originally installed the shed can not come because his wife unfortunately has Covid-19. No else is available from the store because they are short handed and they don't have the correct lifting jack. I am very concerned the side door will be permanently compressed and damaged. It is out of level by at least a half an inch to an inch. Thank you for your help.
(658) - Posted 1 year ago
I purchased the Chicken Coup only by photos. The delivery was excellent and the setup guy was kind, helpful, and was responsible in putting coup where I wanted it and leveling it up. The quality of the craftsmanship and construction of the coup was poor. At delivery I noticed the egg access top was crooked and not lining up which left cracks in top area leaving the inside exposed. The delivery guy took his drill and took loose the hinges and re-aligned the top and corrected it. All the other problems with the coup, I had to fix myself after discovering them. The hardware cloth on the two front doors were over hanging the inside window trims creating very many little sharp pieces of metal that would have sliced my chickens wide open if they happened to fly into the windows. I had to take them off and re-cut for a proper fit and re-mount them on the inside, both of them. While I was doing that I noticed full length nails that were suppose to have been nailed into the window 2x2's holding the outside boards on were missed inside and the nails were fully exposed and could again slice my chickens wide open, there were 4 of those. I had to remove them by pulling on them and wiggling them and pulling the nails head and all inside the interior instead of pushing them out and damaging the outside paint. After finding these I ran my fingers on the inside edges of all the interior framing and found many exposed nail points that I had to take a hammer with a blunt end to bang the points at an angle to flatten those dangerous exposed sharp points, there were probably 20 of those I found all over the interior. On the inside of the Large access door one of the screws used to mount the hinges to the door was way too long for where it was mounted and again exposed the screw sharp point to the interior of the coup. I had to replace three of those with a proper size screws. One of the Vent doors hardware was improperly installed and was binding and hard to open and close, which again I had to remove and fix for proper operation. Many of the air nail gun U-nails were not flush with the wood and I had to hammer them down. The chicken egg boxes will not last from the materials used to construct them, which I know I will have to eventually fix and correct. The coup was obviously put together without care and a person that did not care about the quality of the product. The overall design I believe could be better. There is no venting of the inside of the coup with out opening the large front doors which are either fully open or fully closed. The inside of the doors are made with plywood, which will swell and rot if gotten wet and is not painted, but no other choice available to vent the interior, should have been made with the same exterior boards. There is no way to get light into the interior without opening the same doors. So, not really happy with purchase and should have paid a little more for the others I saw which had better designs. I guess you guys must have just made these without much thought and I happen be the one getting a poor design and have to tell you how it should be and your future buyers will get the benefit of a better product.
(102) - Posted 1 year ago
I had a ladder installed and a tool box. The ladder rack bolts were not all tightened so I did it myself when I got home. After a few months the tool box exterior is wearing off, fading or something
(125) - Posted 1 year ago
Will return back to the shop to solve the problem of the new cover bed leaking in the left cab corner! Hopefully problem will be resolved! LAWRENCE DURHAM
(127) - Posted 1 year ago
They were 2 hours late delivery the shed didn't have a key to lock the shed up. I did not get a ramp because i thought as much as i paid for shed it should have came with a ramp
(668) - Posted 1 year ago
Not happy, unit does not latch properly
(234) - Posted 1 year ago
Working with Roger was difficult at times. He would not listen to requests and got mad if questioned. I paid over $4000 for my shed and felt I had the right to get it as I wanted and not have to fight for the size and type I wanted even though Roger stated numerous time "he knew better".
I got a camper shell on my truck and got home and my light bar was not working under my tailgate. I got under my truck to see why and all my wires were just hanging so I had to repair the wiring they did and strap it up properly. Now I have to take my truck back because they installed my shell crooked and it has rubbed the paint off my truck. The window was not put on correctly from the factory and the paint is chipping. They are fixing everything but have to send the shell back for two weeks and will not give me a cover for my electrical in the bed of my truck. So I am now buying one for them to install while they fix my paint and wait for my shell to come back. I’m just worried about my wiring now and what they will mess up next they are all about production and getting people out not quality!
Significant damage to my landscape/yard resulted from a storage building delivery. After addressing the matter with the owner, absolutely no attempt to correct the matter took place ('I wasn't at work yesterday' was the response I received).
Customer service at the location on Wade Hampton Ave in Greenville SC was horrible! I will never buy another Leonard product again. They couldn't answer any of my questions after I had made my down payment on my 12x24 building I purchased. They also botched my delivery date and gave me some lame excuse that their driver hurt his back. The driver that replaced that guy didn't level my building properly and had to wait a week for a guy to come back and fix it before I was comfortable with storing stuff in it. There were also dents and dings on the sheet metal and broken wood on the lower foundation wood frame. I would think as much as I spent on this building they would ensure it was in pristine condition.
I had a bed cover and spray in liner done. It was raining when I picked up my truck, the next day when I took a look at my truck I found scratches on my truck, looked like they had drug a air hose across it. The cover had something white on the side, it wasn't paint but whatever it was took a lot of work to get it off. They also told me it would be waterproof but it is not waterproof. The price was right! I was disappointed, I just expected a professional job on my new truck.
The building is absolutely great great quality great construction I loved it delivery is a joke I took multiple multiple times and then saying they were going to show up and then didn't and then didn't cancel call reschedule nothing they just weren't there until I called after I called multiple times the guy finally showed up the day after this is my only complaint getting it to your house was a nightmare but the building was great
Leonard Buildings & Truck Accessories is rated 4.32 based on 902 reviews