Matalan Reviews

Over A Week
Returns & Refunds
Refunds Process
Difficult

Tell us how Matalan made you happy
Matalan 1 star review on 19th September 2018
JoThomson68
Matalan 1 star review on 26th July 2017
Hayley A
Matalan 1 star review on 21st July 2017
Matalan 1 star review on 21st July 2017
More Photos & Videos
goods did not arrive on time scheduled, which then made me late for work and I had to ask a neighbour to look out for the delivery as we had no way to contact anyone, and Matalan did not even reply to our e-mail, still haven't, therefore, no l would not recommend.
The product was ok but there was no way to attach the sink to the vanity unit, the sink just has to sit on top of the cupboard. The plug hole part has 2 holes instead of a pipe to attach to the overflow which means that water builds up & because the plughole attachment isnt watertight, water leaks from the joint. We had to use a whole lot of sealant in order to get this sink functional & water tight.
Hi Karen

Thank you for your review. I’m really sorry to hear you had trouble with the installation of the Essentials Minimalist Ebony Compact Floor Standing Unit. I’ve checked our records and we haven’t had any reports of leaking for this product before.

If you do experience any further issues with the unit and basin please contact our customer service team as the problem may be covered by the product’s 5 year guarantee.

You can contact us on 0333 344 3177 lines are open 8am - 6pm Monday to Friday or alternatively you can email us at hello@matalandirect.com.

Once again I’m sorry for any inconvenience caused and hope you shop with us again.

Have a great weekend!

John
Product not arrived despite our expecting it would have done.

So how can we review it except to say service is dreadful
Hi Derek

Thank you for your feedback. We’re so sorry your delivery is taking longer than you expected. We appreciate when your taking on a big project like a bathroom it’s important everything runs to schedule. We’ve looked into this for you and the delay is the due to the availability of drivers in your area. We’re looking into how to improve deliveries to your area and are hopeful we will have this resolved in the near future.

Your delivery has now been routed for Wednesday 11th of November with our two man delivery service. If this date is convenient for you please respond to the couriers email to confirm or decline for an alternative delivery date.
The couriers we use will bring your order into a room of your choice and unpack the items if asked.

If you have any further queries please contact us on 0333 344 3177 lines are open 8am to 6pm Monday to Friday or send us an email at hello@matalandirect.com

Once again we’re truly sorry for any inconvenience caused and thank you for you patience.

Kind Regards

John
Bedrom furniture arrived after 12 days when it should of been 2-4.it arrived in damaged packaging,lucky the furniture was not damaged,quality of furniture ok but not worth the money.wont use matalan direct again.
Hi Russ,

Thanks for your feedback.

I’m really sorry that you were expecting a sooner delivery date. We aim to deliver all our orders within 2-4 working days from the date that you receive your despatch confirmation email, however I’m sorry if your order arrived later than you’d hoped.

We always ask that customers contact us if they’re not 100% happy with their items so that we can discuss alternative options or arrange a replacement or a full refund, given that the item(s) is unused and in its original packaging.

I apologise profusely for any inconvenience caused by this. If you would like to discuss alternative options for your products, please contact us on 0333 344 3177.

Alice
Arrived later than scheduled meaning I had to rearrange my work schedule.
Arrived assembled..good but then the back cover was broken off so back there was a gaping hole.
Not what I expected.
Hi Kenneth

We aim to despatch our orders from our warehouse within 48hrs and deliver within 3-5 working days. I can see your order was placed on a Sunday and delivered on the following Thursday morning.

We’re really sorry to hear your cabinet arrived damaged. If you send us a photo of the damage we can arrange a replacement and collection of the item free of charge as per our returns policy.

If you would like to do this please send a photo with your order number to hello@matalandirect.com or call our customer service team who will be more than happy to resolve this issue for you.

Once again we’re truly sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused and if there is anything else we can do for you please let us know.

Kind regards

John
After ordering 3 toilets, 3 sinks , taps ,wastes and a disabled toilet all was delivered in 4 days, great, however disabled toilet was not complete and so I was sent another. This one was not complete either and I was promised another . This did not turn up on the day. On speaking to staff at Matalan I was told it would come maybe tomorrow or the next day.
I am a trade customer and this is not acceptable as I have to organise to have somebody on site to take deliveries and collections , not to mention organising a plumber to fit it when it does arrive.
Not our fault ! I was told.
Sorry, but it is!
Hi Rob,

I'm glad that I was able to discuss this issue with you.

Just to reiterate, you can expect the replacement to be delivered to you within the discussed timeframes. You will be contacted with the tracking number via email once this has been generated by the couriers.

Once again, we’re extremely sorry for any inconvenience that was caused by this Rob. We hope that our goodwill gesture offers you some compensation here.
If you’d like to discuss any of this further, please do contact us at Matalan Direct.

Alice
Product good, pricing good, delivery poor, delivery driver never rang the day before as prommised so it arrived out of the blue. My customer happend to be in, i was planning to be there so we (the driver and me) could carry it inside. it was left in her driveway, she was panicing so i had to come off another job to struggle with a 52kg parcel by my self!!! Neither of us were impressed, made me look bad.
Hi Kevin,

I’m sorry to learn that we have let you down on the delivery of your order.

With our pallet deliveries we do encourage our logistical partners to contact the customer 24 hours before the delivery is due.

I certainly understand your frustration that this failed to happen, and resulted in you not being present for the delivery with your customer.

We are looking into ensuring deliveries take place as smoothly as possible for our customers and aim to provide as much information as possible. As a goodwill gesture we would like to offer you a free next day delivery option on your next order with us.

David
For some reason I didn't expect the hook I bought to be plastic and although I like the style and it will do exactly what I bought it for to go in our shower enclosure I think it was over priced and the delivery cost too high.

I thought Id received an empty package the hook was so light.
Hi Tony,

At Matalan Direct we check our prices against other online bathroom retailers to make sure we’re competitive. We do offer a price match policy, if you find any of our products cheaper elsewhere and let us know, we’ll be more than happy to refund you the difference.

We will certainly update the product details on the website to reflect that it is made from ABS plastic with a chrome finish. If you are not happy with the product quality we do offer a 90 day returns policy.

This product is not usually purchased as a stand-alone product, which seems to have resulted in thinking that the delivery charge is expensive. We will certainly review our delivery pricing for smaller and lighter products.

I trust you will be more than happy with your purchase. Please do not hesitate to contact us at Matalan Direct to discuss further.

David