Modius Reviews

77% of reviewers recommend Modius

team@neurovalens.com

Ormeau Baths, Ormeau Avenue,

Tell us how Modius made you happy

"This device is incredible. It's a slow but very effective burn, and you need to use it consistently over time to get the benefit of it, but the benefit is well worth the wait. I'm 49, female, caucasian, and peri-menopausal. My weight has been creeping up over the last few years, as my hormones change and cause my body to hang on to fat. In the last three months of 2017 menopausal symptoms really kicked in, and my weight shot up about 10lbs (5kgs.) I came into 2018 on the cusp of being medically overweight, which is not a good place to be either health-wise, or for the sake of your self-esteem. Usually women of my age find it impossible to lose weight, but not with modius. I have used it pretty much every day for 9 months, and from a starting point of 68.5kgs/151lb I am now 62.5kg/137lb and the numbers are still going down. My ideal weight is 60-61kgs, and it is now within my reach, thanks to Modius. My BMI is in the middle of the normal range, my body fat is going down, and I am back to a dress size that makes me happy. (I have also been doing intermittent fasting, which helps, but Modius did the lions share of the work for my weight and fat loss journey.) Massive thanks to all at Neurovalens for creating this device. You have changed my life."
Hi Bellis, thanks so much for your review and congratulations on what you've achieved. You seem to really 'get' the essence of Modius and how it can help you reach your goals at a steady rate. We're delighted that the headset is helping despite the difficulties that the menopause presents.
Best wishes, Team Modius.
"My devices is Dead on Arrival. And can't get a response from customer service, even though it supposedly comes with 1 year warranty."
Hi Jae, we're very sorry to hear your headset isn't charging. We've checked our emails and we don't seem to have received a message from you, so apologies that you thought we weren't responding. Our Customer Care team have just sent you an email to advise how your issue can be resolved - we'll get your headset working for you very soon. :-)
"Use the headset regularly and have found some benefits to using it, my metabolism appears to have self corrected and functioning again, along with the added benefit that it has alleviated my psorasis and i'm virtually clear of it. Only two downsides from my perspective are: 1. The comfort pads on the unit kept slipping around as the adhesive used was not strong enough - I fixed that with getting some double sided tape and re-vamped the pads and no more slipping. 2. I use the unit at 10 but do not feel any pulses most of the time, so at times wonder if the unit is working, it would be good if either the stimulation pulse could be increased or the App has a facility to advise that the unit is functioning correctly. Really like the unit. Many Thanks Modius"
Hi Steve, we're delighted to hear that you feel benefits to your metabolism - and also the positive impact on your psoriasis!
If you're having issues with the pads not adhering to your skin, you may wish to try some conductive gel, as this should help (if you contact our Customer Care team, we'll be able to give you further info).
Re. the stimulation, it's normal to feel the sensation more at the start of a session than at the end, as the body becomes used to the feeling. You've probably noticed that some sessions you'll feel the sensation more than others too - this is all perfectly normal.
Thanks for your review and we wish you continued success with your Modius.
"Love it 😊"
Great to hear! Thanks Rymantas. :-)
"I was intrigued by the concept of being able to lose weight with this product. I was afraid it was to good to be true. Then I saw it on the Doctors show. Gave me enough confidence to try it. I have lost 18 POUNDS. I amazed by the headset. I have to take Prednisone and could not ever lose weight. Tried Weight Watchers and some of the other ones. Only to have them tell me (if you take Prednisone) you can't lose weight). I ordered Modius headset as a shot in the dark. I've been using it for about 6 Months. I cannot say enough about the transformation of by body. The first time I have lost weight since I got sick 20+ years ago. I have Lupus and have Cushings syndrome caused from the prednisione. All my weight is in stomach. Modius has given me a waist back and my stomach is shrinking. I'm totally amazed. I keep weighing and looking in mirror to make sure Its not a dream. I'm so glad I gave it a chance. I rate it EXCELLENT. Comment on the length of time for delivery. It was on back order. Out of Stock. I have ordered the ECG Pads and wipes form Modius. They arrive in a timely manner."
Hi Gladys, thank you so much for your review and enthusiasm for Modius. We're delighted you have achieved this weight loss against the odds, and that Modius is having such a positive effect on you. :-)
"Modius is simple to use, not fully felt the benefit as yet although my own usage regime is not fully following the programme due to personal & work limitations and opportunity to follow exactly."
Hi Michael, great that you're trying to use your Modius as often as possible. Consistency is the key to results so we look forward to hearing how you get on in the future. Many thanks for taking the time to review.
"Since I started using modius I have also been on a diet. The combination of both have reduced my waist by 6-7 inches."
Whao, great result Adam! The combination of diet and Modius seems to be really making the difference for you. Well done :-) !
"I’m thrilled with my Modius. It has supported me to lose 10.5kg since April. I did diet and exercised in conjunction with using Modius but I have no doubt that I wouldn’t have stuck with it and been so successful without Modius as I have failed many times before. I’m very glad I go my Modius."
Thanks Liz. We love that your Modius is supporting you in achieving your goals and helping you stick with the healthier regime you've adopted. Best wishes for continued success. :-)
"I’m love your Modius device. I’m down like 28 lbs. I’m 1 lb away from my goal weight. But I’m going to set a new goal for another 10 lbs. couldn’t have done with out your device Thank you Albert Jaime"
Hi Albert, this is a great achievement - well done! Thanks for the Modius love and for sharing your experience. :-)
"Unfortunately I haven't seen the weight loss with Modius as I hoped. I see no difference between using Modius with a low calorie diet & just doing the diet on it's own. It's a shame as I was really hoping modius would help with my lower metabolism."
Hi Brent, thanks for your review and great that your diet is working for you. If you don't feel any difference with using Modius we'd recommend maybe trying a couple of weeks without the headset to see if you notice changes. Modius should take the edge off dieting and make it easier to sustain in the long term. Best wishes for your continued success.
"I have been using Modius since March this year. I was a reasonable weight but was about to have a hip replacement and have spinal problems with tremors. I was worried that I would put weight on during a time of less excercise. I have hardly missed a day and slowly but surely my weight has dropped by over 7 kilos and my body is much leaner. I haven’t really noticed any major drops just a little at a time."
Hi Roberta, this is a great achievement considering your mobility restrictions over the last few months. Small and steady losses add up in the longer term and we look forward to hearing how you get on when you're able to be more active again. Thank you for taking the time to review Modius and hopefully you're back to full fitness again soon. :-)
"Initially started very well with a dramatic weight loss of over 7 kilos in around a week, it’s become habit to wear it now and whilst the the loss isn’t as fast you can still feel that it works, highly recommended"
Hi Jeremy, sounds like Modius is working well for you and the downward trend is continuing. Many thanks for your review and we wish you well for continued success. Best wishes, Team Modius.
"Looking at the rate of weight loss some people are getting I would definitely classify myself as a slow loser however I have still reduced my weight by 18lbs so can't really complain. Looking back to when I started the biggest change is my portion control. I feel full so much quicker now."
18lbs is still a significant amount of weight loss so congratulations on this! Slow and steady is the key to long-term success, showing more sustainability and you should be less likely to suffer the 'bounceback', especially if you've noticed a change in your approach to food. Keep us posted on your progress.
Best wishes, Team Modius.
"Modius is helping to keep my cravings in check. I am sleeping much better and generally just feel I'm making better choices around food and alcohol."
Hi Laura, that's the Modius effect right there! Sounds like you're listening to your body's changing signals and responding accordingly. Thanks for your review.
Best wishes, Team Modius.
"Not showing great weight loss but seem to be mintaining for example after holidays not putting on any weight or little weight. However I enjoy reduced stress levels and good sleep patterns. I have an under active thyroid and that has not changed any. Overall would not give my modius back re overall benefits but if honrst bit disappointed in not losing as much weight as I had hoped."
Hi Mary, thanks for sharing your experience and we're pleased to hear that your Modius usage seems to be helping with the maintenance of your weight loss - holidays are usually when all our efforts the rest of the year get undone and then we're back to square one again.
Great you're feeling the other benefits associated with the vestibular stimulation that Modius provides, as these will inadvertently help with your weight loss and overall health in the long term too.
"A terrible experience. I strongly urge people not to place their hard earned money in the hands of this company. If something goes wrong they don’t even have a contact telephone number which for a wellness device at this price is completely unacceptable. The headset I received didn’t charge properly (I sent videos and they acknowledged the issue) They wanted me to wait in all day to collect it after initially being told in an email it would be a two hour slot. I made do with it and requested a partial refund which they refused so I returned it for a full refund. What kind of company wouldn’t rather keep a customer happy and still make a profit but would rather upset someone and end up getting the device back and having to refund in full? Aside from the questionable customer service the headset DID NOT WORK FOR ME AT ALL in the time I had it. I exercise regularly, am vegan and eat well and only had a few pounds extra to lose due to middle age but it made NO DIFFERENCE WHATSOEVER after using it for nearly 3 months. This review is revised as I was refunded by the company. Probably after they saw the previous bad review. Get a phone number for your customers."
Hi Sally, we’re sorry that you feel our Customer Service has not met your expectations but we endeavour to make every effort to ensure our customers are happy. We are contactable via email and Facebook message, and respond promptly to all messages, 7 days a week.
After the initial charging issue was resolved, your headset was confirmed as working and you were able to run your sessions. We were happy to swap your headset to a different one but unfortunately none of the methods we offered were suitable for you.
Due to the complexities of weight loss, it’s difficult to say why some people notice results quicker than others (hormones, genetics, weight loss history, medications etc can all impact our best efforts) but we’re glad you were able to benefit from the 90 day return period. We refunded you within 1 business day of receiving your headset back, and wish you all the best with any future weight loss efforts.
"I have been using Modius since July I was 341 July 5th and October 5th I am 276. I have been doing vegetarian food almost entirely and been shrinking my eating window to the point now I am eating once a day. I believe that Modius is helping me to keep my metabolism high even with my regular fasting. The only reason I considered giving it 4 stars is that it only allows one person to use the product per day. I would like to share it with family members and potentially use it some in the morning some in the evening. I understand they don't want people wearing it 24/7 but there should be other ways to manage that without shutting the product down so no one can use it."
Hi Craig, massive congratulations on your weight loss! :-)
Your efforts are certainly paying off handsomely, and great that Modius is helping to make the process that bit easier.
"In my 7th month and weight loss is little to nothing. I do eat less. I am not on any medications. Wonder if age has something to do with it? In 7 months, I have missed maybe 6 days total. I started out at 10 and continue at 10 for the full hour."
Thank you for your review and sharing your experience of using Modius. There are so many reasons why people will have differing results (not just age), as is the case with any method of trying to lose weight. Good to hear you've noticed you are eating less though and don't forget that the scales are not the only way to measure success. Best wishes, Team Modius.
"This is a fantastic product that I would recommend highly to anyone. The first effect I noticed was that I was sleeping a full night for the first time in my adult life. After a couple of weeks of great sleep I had more energy to exercise. After a few weeks of using I gradually noticed that I couldn’t finish my meals and wasn’t snacking between meals. So I was gradually reducing my calories everyday and very easily. To date I have lost 28lbs. I reduced my food intake and started exercising, and this was a natural thing to do after I started using Modius. An extra bonus is the Modius Life community in which any questions, technical issues and some great support is offered promptly by a Modius Life Mentor. The other members in the group also join in and share experiences, journeys and offer advice."
Many thanks for your review. It's great to hear that Modius is helping drive your efforts towards a healthier lifestyle and you're seeing such amazing results. :-)
"11 months in and hasn't worked for me like it has for others ,feeling bit disappointed as I've only missed 5 days in that time , any idea why it only works for some and not others , many thanks Sharon"
Hi Sharon, weight loss is complex and there are many factors which will impact how easily (or otherwise) someone will be able to lose weight. However, if you are already actively trying to lose weight and make changes, Modius should significantly help the process by reducing appetite & cravings and increasing the feeling of fullness. As with any treatments or medications, there will always be some people that do not see a significant effect. We're sorry to hear you're in this category but we really appreciate you trying out Modius and giving us this feedback.
Modius is rated 4.11 based on 95 reviews