My Food Bag Reviews

of reviewers recommend My Food Bag
Email, Live Chat, Telephone
Read My Food Bag Reviews

About My Food Bag:

We're your answer to "what's for dinner?" with fresh ingredients and easy recipes to cook delicious dinners, delivered to you.

hello@myfoodbag.co.nz

My Food Bag 5 star review on 12th May 2021
Melissa
My Food Bag 5 star review on 28th April 2021
Karyn
Have received My Food Bag on and off over the past couple of years and have thought the quality of the produce to be very good. However currently I have concerns over the choice of meals being provided. I have always used Fresh Start but are begining to find these meals currently are turning out to be salad and a protein with a scatter of dried seasoning. As i purchase meals for one I understand the price is slightly higher than buying for say two however i am of the thinking that these meals are not value for money and are currently considering as to whether i continue receiving the food bag.
(Fresh Start (5 Meals For 1)) - Posted 2 months ago
Hey Jill, thank you for your feedback - we really value the time you have taken to let us know how you are feeling. The best way to pass on feedback regarding specific recipes is via the "Rate Your Recipe" section on our app or through your account. This way, you can let our chef's know what you are loving, and what is missing the mark for each meal 😊 - My Food Bag Foodies 🤍
I really enjoy the variety of meals, the text on delivery, the easy to ready, follow recipes. All my family members take turns cooking and all find it easy - my only wish is for low carb / grain free options. I take the rice / wheat / grain out and replace with paleo options if I need.
(Fresh Start (5 Nights For 4)) - Posted 2 months ago
Kia ora Nicola, thank you for the epic feedback, it's great to hear My Food Bag is helping your family enjoy delicious food together! We will be sure to pass your feedback on regarding a paleo option 😊 - My Food Bag Foodies 🤍
Really enjoying the meals and we focus on seafood & vegetarian on the 3 day plan to help us have a balance with meat meals we cook on the other days. We also use another provider and whilst there packing is neater and easier the quality and quantity they provide is not as good as My Food Bag. Unfortunately we have to cancel some of our orders on Public Holidays as we don't want delivery on Public Holidays as it goes to a work address that is closed and other providers delivery the day after which works for us.
(My Choice (3 Nights For 2)) - Posted 3 months ago
Kia ora Paul, Thanks for your review! We are glad to hear you are enjoying your Food Bag deliveries. We will be sure to pass your feedback on about delivering the day after public holidays :) -The My Food Bag Team
Awesome service and meals. Our box is delivered right on time every week and after being dubious to start with about what we might receive, every meal has gone down an absolute treat! We love the ability to check what's coming and plan around prep and cook times, the recipes are super easy to follow. We found the perfect fit for our lifestyle with My Food Bag
(My Plant Based Bag (4 Nights For 2)) - Posted 3 months ago
I generally really enjoy myfoodbag. Good quality, fresh produce with easy yet exciting recipes. My only qualm is with the packing of the boxes for delivery. Oftentimes everything is strewn haphazardly within the box and this has meant that at times, me recipes and produce have become water/cold damaged to the point that they are unreadable or unusable respectively. I wish the boxes were packed in a way where 'at risk' items were located away from the chiller bag.
(My Choice (5 Nights For 2)) - Posted 3 months ago
Kia ora Marija, Thanks for your review, its so good to hear that you are enjoying your Food Bag! Its not so great to hear that you have sometimes received deliveries not in the best state with some damaged items and recipes. We will be sure to pass your feedback on to our operations team surrounding this issue! We look forward to delivering to you again soon :)-The My Food Bag Foodies.
Have been quite disappointed with packaging and delivery of my good bag. We pay good money but often receive vegetables that are squashed and not edible. I wonder if the packaging could be improved to prevent spinach and veggies from getting squashed by the other products. I’ve had to replace multiple items now due to food being destroyed while with the courier.
(My Choice (5 Nights For 2)) - Posted 3 months ago
Kia ora Wendy, Thanks for your review! Sorry to hear that you have experienced damaged items in your deliveries as of late. If you haven't already, please pop the Customer Love Team an email to hello@myfoodbag.co.nz or Chat us on our website as we would love to follow this up for you. -The My Food Bag Foodies
My Food Bag has made our lives less stressful. It has helped to answer the perennial question, "What's for dinner?" and it does so with panache. I like to tell my friends that receiving a My Food Bag box on my doorstep makes the weekend feel like Christmas -- I love opening the box up and exploring all the goodies inside, salivating over the meals that are to come.
(My Family (5 Nights For 4)) - Posted 3 months ago
Kia ora Charlotte, Thanks for your review. Yes, we like to think its Christmas every weekend here at My Food Bag! ;) Thanks for all your support. -The My Food Bag Foodies
Enjoying not having to decide what to cook and learning new techniques and ideas e.g. grilling chopped up courgettes instead of sauteeing them. Much easier, tastier and more evenly cooked. Pan-frying and then slicing cuts of meat thinly is a good time-saver too. The spices, sauces and other flavour sachets really make the meals delicious and unique compared to my usual standard of cooking. The complexity of the recipes means I sometimes am spending longer cooking than my usual style. I have learned from doing the MFB that layers of tasty garnishes really makes the meals special.
(My Choice (4 Nights For 2)) - Posted 3 months ago
Hey Honora, thanks for the kind feedback! Wow, you sound like a professional in the kitchen! It is so epic that you are learning new and exciting ways to enjoy our kiwi grown goodness 😋 Keep up the fabulous work! - The My Food Bag Foodies 💚
Love My Food Bag! The recipes are full of flavour. As a single working mum it takes a layer off by not having to organise meal ideas for the week. It’s cost effective Im not needing to go to the supermarket as much. Reduces wastage. Best of all after a tough day at the office, you know you have a tasty effortless meal waiting for you! Thanks My Food Bag!
(My Choice (4 Nights For 2)) - Posted 3 months ago
Sheree!!! Wow, thank you for the kind words, you make us blush! It is so great to hear that you are enjoying the convenience of My Food Bag! There is nothing that makes us happier than happy foodies 😊 Not to mention reduced food waste! Go you! - My Food Bag Foodies 💚
I have the low calorie meals. It would be good to have a small choice rather than just given 5 meals. It would also be good to be able to have dairy free meals even if you paid a small extra cost for this. It is easy to swap yogurt to plant based or coconut yogurt. sheep feta cheeze etc. This would save waste with me having to swap products and throwing away the dairy products.
(Fresh Start (5 Nights For 2)) - Posted 3 months ago
Kia ora Judith, Thanks for your review! We will be sure to pass your feedback on about a smaller Fresh Start Bag. You could always give our Plant Based Bag a go which has no animal products. You can dd your own meat proteins to this bag when you like :) -The My Food Bag Team
Just sometimes products don’t last till Sunday
(My Classic (4 Nights For 2)) - Posted 3 months ago
Hi Jan! Thank you very much for your feedback - we are stoked to hear that you are loving your meals each week. If you ever find something not up to standard in your delivery, please let us know via email or by sending us a message on our social channels so we can help to rectify this for you. 😀 Kindest, -Ally Avocado 🥑
We’ve been getting a food bag for a couple of months now and I’m so glad we’ve started. We’re eating fresher food than before and becoming more confident in the kitchen too. Sometimes the portions are large so we carry some over for lunch the next day. An ingredient has been missed once or twice but the friendly team are quick to rectify any problems. Thank you!
(My Choice (3 Nights For 2)) - Posted 3 months ago
Hi Ruth! We are delighted to hear that you are loving your meals each week, cooking up a storm in the kitchen and that you even have leftovers for lunch the next day 😀 Happy Cooking, -Ally Avocado 🥑
So great for me and my situation! It gives me motivation to cook for myself when I’m alone & not only that, I look forward to eating it, it’s healthy & tasty. I love the variety of recipes too
(Fresh Start (5 Meals For 1)) - Posted 3 months ago
Thank you Abby! That is so wonderful to hear 😀 Happy Cooking! -Ally Avocado 🥑
Foodbag has significantly improved, the meals have always been delicious but the portions are right and it helps with my cooking confidence
(My Choice (3 Nights For 2)) - Posted 3 months ago
Thank you Jared! We are so happy to hear that you are enjoying both the tasty meals provided and the portion sizes 😀 Happy Cooking! -Ally Avocado 🥑
As a working Mum, I've found my food bag really makes a massive difference to my life. I love having delicious healthy food without having to plan meals and shop. We Also eat a lot more variety with my food bag than my same 10-15 stock standard meals!
(Fresh Start (5 Nights For 4)) - Posted 3 months ago
Hi Kim! Oh, that's so good to hear! We are stoked that My Food Bag is fitting in with your busy lifestyle and that you are loving all the healthy recipes! Kindest, - Ally Avocado 🥑
We have been enjoying Fresh Start but we have found some of the ingredients have been too repetitive. For example capsicum and cucumbers . Good portion sizes and tasty sauces.
(Fresh Start (5 Nights For 4)) - Posted 3 months ago
Hi Janice! Thank you so much for your lovely feedback. We always appreciate hearing all feedback good or bad, as it lets us know what we can change moving forward. Don't forget to login to your account and rate your recipes - this feedback goes directly to our Development Kitchen team and helps them to plan future menus. We hope you enjoy the other recipes and thank you again for the feedback 😊 Kindest, -Ally Avocado 🥑
We have been using My Food Bag for a long time and started with vegetarian then moved on to plant based we are now using My Choice. We find in convenient and interesting. The only problem we have occasionally is the produce isn’t always the best.
(My Choice (4 Nights For 2)) - Posted 3 months ago
Hi Lynley! Thank you so much for sending through this feedback! It's really important so we can improve moving forward. If you ever have any issues with your delivery then please send us an email or direct message on our social channels so we can assist further. We are stoked to hear you are loving your meals! Kind Regards, -Ally Avocado 🥑
We love my food bag choices. It saves me thinking about what to cook each week and we save on the grocery bill as we don't have to go as often!
(My Choice (4 Nights For 4)) - Posted 4 months ago
Kia ora Liz, Thanks for your review. We are thrilled to hear that your My Choice Bag is going down a treat! Thanks for your support :) -The My Food Bag Team
Enjoying cooking and meals every week but the quality of vegetables needs to be improved. I have received damaged or not freshed vegetables received recently.
(My Choice (4 Nights For 4)) - Posted 4 months ago
Kia ora Mutsuko, Thanks for your review. We love to provide our Foodies with top quality produce, so it's disappointing to have let you down. If you haven't already, please feel free to get in touch with our Customer Love Team and they can follow this up for you. -The My Food Bag Team
some meals are a little too bland or take much much longer than what it should
(My Veggie (3 Nights For 4)) - Posted 4 months ago
Hi Lily! Thank you so much for your feedback! We are sorry to hear that you find some of these meals bland. Don't forget to login to your account and rate your recipes - this feedback goes directly to our Development Kitchen team and helps them to plan future menus. We hope you enjoyed the other recipes this week and thank you again for the feedback 😊 -Ally Avocado 🥑
My Food Bag is rated 4.70 based on 2,578 reviews