My Food Bag Reviews

of reviewers recommend My Food Bag
Email, Live Chat, Telephone
Read My Food Bag Reviews

About My Food Bag:

We're your answer to "what's for dinner?" with fresh ingredients and easy recipes to cook delicious dinners, delivered to you.

hello@myfoodbag.co.nz

Quality of all vegetables very poor, not at all fresh!!
(My Family (5 Nights For 4)) - Posted 3 months ago
We have been enjoying the meals with the My Food Bag Gluten Free. What we have not been enjoying is the poor service. Since starting with Gluten Free Bag we have had more bags with food missing than we have had correct. Last week was the 2nd time it hasn't arrived on a Sunday, which messes up out whole week. While I appreciate things can go awry, even when the box arrived it came with the recipes for the previous week. No one returned my husbands call. And when we finally got the recipes via chat, many hours later, there were items missing, yet again. If there were other Gluten Free options on the market, which would work for my child with allergies I would change. I am only sticking with the box as there is no other option on the market currently.
(My Gluten Free (5 Nights For 4)) - Posted 4 months ago
I received my last vegetarian bag as usual but unfortunately an egg had broken in the box along with a hole in one of the ice bags which had leaked on other food and soaked through the box too.
(My Veggie (4 Nights For 2)) - Posted 5 months ago
Hi Julian! Thanks for taking the time to let us know about this and we're sorry to see that this affected your delivery. If you haven't already, please contact the team directly so we can ensure this is recorded and passed on to our packing and procurement teams. We want to make sure we're doing everything we can to avoid this happening again in future!

Thank you, we really appreciate your support - Gemma Ginseng🍠
2weeks of veggies is not working well so far. The herbs aren’t fresh when they arrive. The first delivery was missing some ingredients. This second delivery was a huge nasty shock when we opened the rice to see weevils through the rice. We had never seen them before. Yuck yuck yuck. So disappointing
(My Veggie (4 Nights For 2)) - Posted 9 months ago
Hi Sandy, Thanks for reaching out with this feedback!
We are so sorry for the issues with your first two deliveries, this is very disappointing to hear. We will be following this up with our suppliers right away, to find out everything we can about how this may have occurred. We can see that you have been in touch with one of our team members already, so please know we are investigating this issue, and will be in touch with you shortly in regards to this :)
-The My Food Bag Foodies
Was denied 8 wk Fresh Start prize due to having one week off for Xmas holidays. Very unhappy with that.
(Fresh Start (5 Meals For 1)) - Posted 10 months ago
Gourmet food is great.....courier delivery is appalling.....food left on steps from street to the house. Third time this has happened.....courier is just lazy!!!
(My Gourmet (4 Nights For 2)) - Posted 11 months ago
My Food Bag needs to be more flexible. We don't eat pork and yet unlike other My Food Bag choices My Gourmet cannot accommodate preferences. Funny because its the more expensive option but has less flexibility.
(My Gourmet (4 Nights For 2)) - Posted 1 year ago
My app has stopped working. I contacted your website 3 days ago. no response about how to fix it. Poor service.

The food itself is great and I'm enjoying it very much.
(Fresh Start (5 Meals For 1)) - Posted 1 year ago
Good evening. I have to say that the service and standard since we started with you in April has steadily declined. This week is the third week an ingredient has been omitted. When it first happened you said we would get a credit. never happened. You stopped having the courier collect the box. I emailed a concern. You ignored me. You are definitely on the last half strike before permanent cancellation. Your recipes have also lost a lot of appeal. There is a sameness prevailing. All a bit sad really
(Fresh Start (5 Nights For 2)) - Posted 1 year ago
I love the concept of My Food Bag and overall have enjoyed using the service the past few months. However we have had very bad luck in terms of almost every week we have been missing an ingredient - which is particularly annoying when it's a spice mix. We also had chicken this week that smelt strongly of sulphur so decided not to use it. Usually we find the meat very fresh. I would like to keep trying My Food Bag, however I my partner would like be to cancel it. He thinks that the number of errors we have had is not good enough for the price. I agree but am really sad to discontinue.
(My Classic (4 Nights For 2)) - Posted 1 year ago
I was excited when I found out that they had plans where you could swop proteins. But it is only certain proteins. I have one family member who doesn’t eat chicken and every plan bar vegetarian has one sometimes two chicken meals a week. So I lays have to find an alternative protein for that person. When I go away we cancel mY Food Bag as I am the only one if the family with the cooking skills and motivation to adjust the cooking. I also find their customer service poor. They take days to respond to e mails. food quality is generally fine but I purchase better quality proteins from my local suppliers, I like it as a sometimes option but it won’t ever be a stable for us.
(Ready In 20 (3 Nights For 4)) - Posted 1 year ago
Recipes are usually good, although I feel some weeks get rather boring with roast verges and some form of alternating meat. Also really annoyed that ingredients keep getting missed. Usually it’s just little sauce packets but this week’s noodles for the chicken laksa didn’t come and my friend who has the same box as me when I helped him unpack it had one of the two bok choy missing. Pretty slack for $100 a week. Also often find the steaks to be quite grisley. If it wasn’t for the convenience I’d probably cancel my order for the money you’re paying.
(My Classic (5 Meals For 1)) - Posted 1 year ago
Didn’t receive full delivery on Sunday. While foofbag txt me to acknowledge this and state the rest would arrive Monday.., it didn’t arrive. I txt foodbag to ask if it would be delivered tues. I received a txt that I’d get a response via email... I’m still waiting to hear back..
(My Classic (5 Meals For 1)) - Posted 1 year ago
I really like the Heat two and cook two just now but I alternate between this bag and also Classic
Classic I have found really disappointing and looking to change this one
The rating I have done is on classic
(Heat 2 Cook 2 (4 Nights For 4)) - Posted 2 years ago
Hi Jacqs, Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and experience with us, we really appreciate hearing from our Foodies!
I'm sorry to hear the Classic Bag is not meeting your expectations. Please do rate your recipes so our Development Kitchen can know your thoughts per recipe. They review this weekly and take all feedback into consideration for future development. We want you to have the best experience possible and your feedback in this process is really important to us. I'll be sure to pass your comments on to our team from this review too! I'd highly recommend the Fresh Start meals if you're looking for a nice change - I find them light and fresh and really great to compliment your Heat 2 Cook 2 weeks.
Thanks again for sharing your feedback Jacqs and happy cooking!
My Food Bag is rated 4.71 based on 2,253 reviews