My Food Bag Reviews

of reviewers recommend My Food Bag
Email, Live Chat, Telephone
Read My Food Bag Reviews

About My Food Bag:

We're your answer to "what's for dinner?" with fresh ingredients and easy recipes to cook delicious dinners, delivered to you.

hello@myfoodbag.co.nz

I love my foodbag. Great variety. Good portion sizes-i get the 5 nights for 1 and always have enough left for lunch the next day. I'm hooked!!
(My Classic (5 Meals For 1)) - Posted 3 days ago
Great food, always delivered in the time frame given. Makes meals so much easier.
(My Choice (3 Nights For 2)) - Posted 6 days ago
Every dinner this week has been delicious and nutritious. The ingredients are all fresh and great quality and the recipes are easy to follow. Thanks for helping us to eat so well this week. I would love to have given 5 stars but unfortunately, I received some appalling customer service from MFB earlier this week which has really made me question the integrity of what I thought was an awesome company.
(My Choice (4 Nights For 4)) - Posted 1 week ago
Kia ora Amber,

Thanks for your review!

Its disappointing to hear that you didn't receive very good customer service recently! Please feel free to pop us an email to hello@myfoodbag.co.nz if you would like to discuss this further.

-Angie Allspice
My wife and I compete to see who gets to cook our recipes... and the food is great, fresh, tasty and very generous.
(My Veggie (4 Nights For 2)) - Posted 1 week ago
I don’t like the chicken breast. Can we swap out for meals with chicken thigh? Otherwise really enjoy the meals
(Fresh Start (5 Nights For 4)) - Posted 1 week ago
Kia ora Melissa,

Thanks for your review.

We are not able to remove or swap proteins at this stage. We will be sure to pass your request on to the wider team! :)

-Angie Allspice
Some amazing some just ok
(My Choice (4 Nights For 2)) - Posted 1 week ago
Kia ora Jen,

Thanks for your review!

Its so nice to hear that you have found some of our recipes amazing :) We always appreciate hearing all feedback good or bad, as it lets us know what we can change moving forward.

Don't forget to login to your account and rate your recipes - this feedback goes directly to our Development Kitchen team and helps them to plan future menus. We hope you enjoyed the other recipes this week and thank you again for the feedback 😊

-Angie Allspice
I have been getting my food bag for a while the last 3 orders i have been really upset about the quality of vegs and some of the meat which is quite stale . i wonder what you have to say about this when first ordering quality was of a much higher standard . this is not really on as the price is high so quality also should be L Sloan.
(My Gourmet (4 Nights For 2)) - Posted 1 week ago
Kia ora Lyndia,

Thanks for your review!

It is disappointing to hear that you have noticed a drop in quality.
The whole point of My Food Bag is about convenience and we definitely don't want our Foodies to have to make any unexpected, last-minute trips to the supermarket to replace any ingredients that have fallen short of the mark on our end.

Whenever something like this happens, a note is made on to your account so the wider team can follow up with the relevant departments. Our Customer Love Team will always do their best to try and make it up to our foodies as well!

Feel free to pop us an email to hello@myfoodbag.co.nz if you wish to discuss this further :)

-Angie Allspice
On arrival my frozen foods are always thawed. They have travelled over night and the ice blocks have melted. We always eat these meals first, but it would be safer if this did not happen. There were too many foods with spices and chilli in the bag we first chose. As I am not able to eat chilli I changed to "Choice" to be able to choose foods that are more suitable for me. I have been pleased with my first delivery and will continue with this bag in future. Otherwise I am thrilled with the quality of the food and the service provided and am sure things can only improve as I learn to use the services you provide. My parcel is delivered on Mondays. Are my deliveries able to be changed to a Sunday delivery?
I will add I will be 89 years old after Christmas and as I am quite new with using a laptop, things can only improve from my end. Many thanks, Florence.
(My Choice (4 Nights For 4)) - Posted 2 weeks ago
Kia ora Florence,

Thanks for your review! We are so glad to hear that the My Choice Bag is suiting your needs so far :)

Proteins all arrive fresh and are not pre frozen. The peas and corn are expected to defrost while travelling to your door, as the ice packs are designed to keep our items chilled, not frozen. Even if these arrive partially or completely defrosted, we advise to store them in your fridge or freezer until needed to be cooked, they will last to the meal they are needed for :)

Our suppliers have notified us that the ‘do not refreeze’ label is only included because sometimes re-freezing can take away the nutritional value and quality of the produce. However this does not affect the safety of the product and they are absolutely safe to consume once they have been cooked using boiling water, etc.

Please pop us an email to hello@myfoodbag.co.nz and we can pull up your account and see if a Sunday delivery is an option in your area.

-The My Food Bag Team
Love having restaurant quality meals for dinner every night, and they’re easy and quick to make.
(My Choice (3 Nights For 2)) - Posted 2 weeks ago
My partner is learning to cook more than just Nachos😄
It has cut my workload down considerably! I work part-time & have 2 young boys, now I have time to breath🧘
And we're eating amazing food
(My Choice (3 Nights For 4)) - Posted 3 weeks ago
We're loving My Choice foodbags as I can select meals based on picky little eaters:)
(My Choice (4 Nights For 2)) - Posted 3 weeks ago
very good, except last week the sprouted peas had to be chucked out. too sprouted and going slimey.
(My Veggie (3 Nights For 4)) - Posted 3 weeks ago
It's awesome to be able to choose which recipes you want with My Choice. Serving size is more than adequate and the variety of meals to choose from is great. Pricing of boxes is also very competitive. Definately the best food box provider I have used.
(My Choice (4 Nights For 2)) - Posted 1 month ago
I love the variety in recipes. Easy to find something we like. Cooking instructions could be clearer on some recipes. On a couple of occasions veges haven't been fresh ie lettuce gone bad, meat is always tasty and good quality
(My Choice (4 Nights For 2)) - Posted 1 month ago
Overall very tasty and easy to prepare meals. Now and again a meal will look potentially less appetising than others and then I’ll eat it and be proven wrong.
(My Classic (4 Nights For 2)) - Posted 1 month ago
I’m doing the fresh start bag at the moment and there is some yummy food in there.
(Fresh Start (5 Meals For 1)) - Posted 1 month ago
Our whole family enjoys the variety & quality of food with My Food Bag. The instructions are so clear that even my husband can cook dinner!
(My Family (5 Nights For 4)) - Posted 1 month ago
The Fresh Start Lite is a great way to help you eat healthier. My only gripe would be that with this particular plan there is no flexibility at all.
(Fresh Start (5 Nights For 4)) - Posted 1 month ago
My Food is Bag has made my busy life much easier, the food is very good as a rule and we rarely have a "miss". Everything is beautifully fresh and the fish and meat are excellent quality.
(My Choice (5 Nights For 4)) - Posted 1 month ago
Great variety, and decent sized meals. Loving it.
(My Classic (5 Meals For 1)) - Posted 1 month ago