Ocado Reviews

Over A Week
Read Ocado Reviews

ocado@ocado.com

3 Bishop Square

Tell us how Ocado made you happy
It can be a nightmare actually placing an order when trying to check out. Having reserved a delivery slot and selected items for delivery the checkout process highlights unavailable items and suggests alternatives. So you select an alternative and return to checkout only to find that the suggested alternative is also unavailable and what’s more the delivery slot has gone. This is a vicious circle of never ending unavailable substitutions and lost delivery spots! Giving up and going elsewhere!
You go to order your shopping confident you’ve got a reserve slot with Ocado but hey presto they’ve given it to someone else again. And there aren’t any more slots available that’s the way to treat longstanding customers. What a joke and not a very funny one. They deserve to fail once Covid is over
Ocado have always been excellent but since teaming up with m&s I will sadly have to go to Waitrose.com. The products just don’t measure up and Are trying to replicate Waitrose products but failing. Finding it difficult to shop with Ocado now
Iv been shopping with them for years tonight shop is the first proper shop with m/s food already half of it they don’t have 😳 may need to change to Waitrose only if this keeps happening
I wanted to place my first order on Okado - because I need to self isolate myself for 2 weeks, and can't go to the supermarket. First of all the site came back with errors when I tried to put my address, contacted support - and they sorted this after 30 min. After I spent 30 minutes adding things in my basket and comparing different options, I check out only to see there are no deliveries slots available in August or September, I called support again -they said the first slot available was after 1 week, at 9 pm. so frustrating - they could at least do a sign to warn the customer before trying to place the order. what a waste of time
I have been a long time user of Ocado (started in the first 6 months of their launch) have always been a happy customer. I’m already seeing a massive impact from the move from waitrose delivered (of which there are none near by) food to M&S (of which there’s already 2 food halls nearby). Stocks have been depleted for a while, and it looks like 70% of my standard weekly favourite items are now no longer available, it’s going to be a really painful transition. When were loyal customers ever consulted on the change? Who does it really benefit? If prices don’t come down inline with the lower standard of readily available product, then I’ll be looking to move to waitrose direct
Our first delivery was ok for food packing and availability but the delivery guy was rude and unpleasant, he almost threw the food at us!! We will try again and hope for a better experience. We live near York, I will make sure I get a name next time.
Awful,awful customer service. Computer says no script used by every person you speak to .. Been a customer for over ten years and this company is rapidly going downhill.. Heading to waitrose. Ocado don't reward loyalty at all.
Not possible to give zero stars. Changed delivery address to a different area. Change did not happen and food delivered to previous address. We had to pay for the perishable food. This was after speaking and confirming the change was made.
I definitely don’t recommend to place an order with Ocado. Couple of days ago, I did the order for £60 and it happened to not be delivered at all! I have been on the line with the service stuff for about 30mins explaining this situation and the guy said the driver has called me just before the delivery time to double check the address (?!), which was eventually changed by myself. I haven’t received any call that time and I haven’t spoken to driver ever!! After this investigation, the service refused to make a refund/make a new order without paying the second time, as apparently I already received my order. Basically it’s my word against the driver word... Shame!! Won’t order anything from them ever again.
Summary: Go elsewhere. Laughable customer service, frequent missing items, terrible substitutions, damaged items and you'll end up swimming in plastic bags. Only advantages are: lots of unique, great products and app/site is better than the rest (but still sucks). Constant missing items, sometimes I get a notification prior to delivery, sometimes items just don't arrive. When items are delivered, they're substituted with terrible replacements. I now have "Ocado anxiety" where I have to check if every item has been delivered, and I've never had a missing item with any other delivery service (e.g. Sainsbury's, Amazon Prime Now, etc.) Last delivery had 5 missing items, some of which I had to get from another delivery service as we needed them quickly and I can't easily get to the supermarket (worth noting I could select a slot for the next morning, with free delivery with the other service). When it arrived, the frozen food was defrosted. Whilst it was refunded, they refused to actually acknowledge the issue, responding with "we can confirm that Ocado has procedures in place to ensure compliance with the requirements of the Food Hygiene Regulations". 🤦 We've had numerous examples of damaged good resulting from poor packing too. My favourite example was rice and bread rolls in one bag, not only was the bread flat but somehow the rice packet was open and was leaking everywhere. It's really not worth contacting support either, you'd be better off talking to a brick wall. On twitter they try to move conversations into DM to make it look to others that they're doing something. When you start talking to them in in DM they either fob you off with a bad apology or just give your £5 (which doesn't really achieve anything). The only advantages of using Ocado are: - the products: lots of unique, great products - the app + website are better than competitors, but could still be a lot better Last issue: plastic bags. I don't need or want plastic bags, please stop sending pointless pieces of plastic. So many others provide bagless delivery options or paper bags.
My first order with Ocado and very impressed, the driver Michael with the cabbage van was excellent and the delivery was early, but perfectly timed.
OCADO you are a superb company!! Thank you so much for my delivery today on the hottest day of the year I am truly grateful. My delivery drive Robert in raspberry Van was an exceptionally kind, polite, and helpful young man. An asset to Ocado!. Ocado are working extremely hard during these difficult times of the pandemic, and at the same time they have the mammoth task of changing over from Waitroise to M&S. Yes there maybe some hick ups, delays and some substitutes often due to being let down by suppliers. I'd like to thank all the hardworking, office staff, warehouse workers and delivery drivers who are selfless and brave in trying to feed us all. Yes there maybe some problems but I have always found them willing to listen to you and try to resolve any problems if you treat them with value and respect. Let's all be patient, mindful, and grateful to all they are doing, I know I am!. Ocado your my hero's and I I'm sure thousands feel the same. Keep up your good works!.
First order and delivery driver was very helpful but had to have a refund for lettuce that included a live beetle . Also customer service could have been better when I reported my florentine slices with grey hairy mould all over them ! Delivery charge of £6-99 on £100 is over the top Won’t return.
Actually 0 stars, don't use! Latest in the a long list of problems, the driver got lost on a farm track when he should have been delivering to a high street on a main A road. Didn't call during the slot time and then refused to deliver despite being only 20 minutes away. Slots are hard to come by, whilst expensive goods often squashed or in poor quality. Clearly drivers aren't competent to follow instructions or read signs. Last straw, will be using Waitrose from now on. Customer service are insincere and self-serving. Their token gestures are laughable. Avoid at all costs.
Customer of over 10 years. Impossible to get a slot during the pandemic (queued multiple times of over an hour only to be told no slots on multiple occasions) and now your flooding me with emails to come back. No thanks lol! Wont forget how you treated loyal customers during the pandemic whilst you accepted 1000s of new registrations and will never return to use yours services again.
Caution! They Take more money than they say! Really disappointed! You get a carrier bag for every 2 items aswell, at your charge of course! No wonder the robots in there warehouse fryed there own circuits and got out. This company Only care for expanding and taking money, Bloated pig ocado
Horrible products quality, that's what they call "fresh and organic" thats the products with extra charge for quality !!!
My deliveries are almost always on time and the drivers are polite and helpful. It's just a shame that my shopping more often than not arrives totally squashed. I get flat loaves of bread, smashed eggs and leaking packages. They offer a refund for damaged goods but it would be better if they arrived undamaged in the first place.
Shocked by Ocado’s customer care. I joined Ocado and took advantage of their 3 months free smart pass on 2nd March, had a few deliveries made, unfortunately, when the lockdown kicked in I was unable to book anymore delivery slots, despite trying for weeks. Other customers were given priority, which is fair enough, I hadn’t been with Ocado very long and I wasn’t someone at risk. I received an email today saying ‘We’re pleased to say that, going forward, you’ll find it a lot easier to access our website. This means you can shop whenever you like, without finding yourself in a long queue’. Thought great! I can now book a slot and have the items that have been waiting in my basket for 4months. I also assumed as I wasn’t able to use the Smart pass at the time that some or all of it can be reinstated. How wrong I was, although the person on the phone understood and agreed that I wasn’t able to use the pass at the time due to COVID, they still said no. This wasn’t the only issue but don’t won’t to make this into an essay. I’m glad I learnt early on how bad Ocado’s customer care is.
Ocado is rated 4.18 based on 2,463 reviews