Ocado Reviews

Over A Week
Read Ocado Reviews

ocado@ocado.com

3 Bishop Square

Tell us how Ocado made you happy
Despite good quality products e. g. from M&S, I have had to decide to stop using Ocado. They are inexplicably alone among their many rival deliverers in insisting on supplying unwanted substitutes. and not allowing customers to specify "no substitutes". Why? It's a bad policy. The final straw was having to sort through ten plastic bags in the rain (they don't use the more practical trays) to find unwanted substitutes, which have to be rejected at the door. A ridiculous, irritating and finally deterrent policy. PB
Driver was on time and delivered the bags out of my door, thank you. But the oranges I got were all stale, same with the apples! I was very disappointed
Picard Duck Confit with potatoes This was so very disappointing. Totally lacking in any form of flavour, and under seasoned. I bought this to save the bother of making something for my dinner ....never again ! There were lots of potatoes, very little sauce and the poor little duck must have hardly learned to walk, the leg was minuscule.
Ordered some treats for my son who was living alone during lockdown, and supporting a family dealing with cancer and running every day to raise money fir cancer research. I received a message to say the order was out for delivery and all items were available. When delivered my son was told half the order was missing due to not being loaded properly. I sent a message and received a call back. I explained that i didnt want a refund but the items delivered. The next day i had a refund. I spent 15 mins on the phone explaining the situation and rearranging delivery. At the end of the conversation the lady said she wouldnt charge for delivery. I had no intention of paying twice so that was good. The lady rang back and said she had managed to move the delivery forward to today. Guess what it hasn't arrived. Come Ocado sort your offer out.
I have been with ocado for a few years.they were brilliant when teamed with waitress.now every time I place an order many items are unavailable. There are mainly m&s items.surely any teething problems should have been ironed out by now. today I was informed my delivery has no less than 8 unavailable items the day before my delivery.this is my last ox ado shop.back to waitress.
Ocado obviously have not the capacity to cope with M&S food deliveries. They should have predicted that delivering M&S food in a pandemic running up to Xmas would be busy,they don’t answer emails,they have switched off their chat line and their phone staff are polite but told not to talk about slots. They suggest booking ahead but no slots are available any time any day. Not sure who is getting the slots maybe some customers have priority,I am 68 and spend £120.00 per week but am forced now to go back to in store shopping,which I wish to avoid. Has anyone managed to get slots? Don’t bother with relying on Ocado/M&S for your food deliveries,they are currently unreliable.
I am an Ocado smart pass customer and not even a week into the second lockdown, I find I am unable to book the slots three weeks ahead which I have previously been promised. You may have have thought Ocado would have learned lessons from the earlier lockdown about failure to honour commitments to loyal, regular customers. Not a bit of it. Despite their failure notify me about reneging on their earlier commitment to advanced access to delivery slots, the only enquiry, the customer service team is not allowed to comment on is anything relating availability of delivery slots. Any email enquiries relating to this topic generates a completely irrelevant response. During the summer months I have explored a number of other online grocers and have been impressed by the quality, prices and overall service. I ask myself, ‘why am I wasting time and money with Ocado when there is clearly no currency for loyalty’.
Very disappointed that, at the very least, Ocado have not put out a blanket statement about delivery slots, in particular for Smart Pass holders. Difficult times, yes, but we are being left high and dry and told there are no delivery slots now at least until Christmas. A loyal customer, an over 70 who lives alone, I am not impressed. I probably just don’t spend enough!
I used to enjoy Ocado. However, many of the Waitrose products I used to order either do not have an obvious M&S equivalent or their M&S counterpart is of inferior quality. I hate their new bag recycle program too. On roughly every second delivery none of the bags I hand over to the driver are accounted for for some reason. I'd much prefer if there was an option to not get their bags in the first place but they don't offer this. What's worse, the quality of the service has deteriorated to the level that I no longer wish to place any orders with them. I particularly resent the new quality of their customer support. When I clearly outline a problem in the email I only get a generic response after a day or so which has very little to do with the problem I write about. The only option to actually get their attention is to talk to a live agent but it's time consuming since the wait time is high. This has happened to me too many times recently so I am giving up on Ocado.
It can be a nightmare actually placing an order when trying to check out. Having reserved a delivery slot and selected items for delivery the checkout process highlights unavailable items and suggests alternatives. So you select an alternative and return to checkout only to find that the suggested alternative is also unavailable and what’s more the delivery slot has gone. This is a vicious circle of never ending unavailable substitutions and lost delivery spots! Giving up and going elsewhere!
I have been a long time user of Ocado (started in the first 6 months of their launch) have always been a happy customer. I’m already seeing a massive impact from the move from waitrose delivered (of which there are none near by) food to M&S (of which there’s already 2 food halls nearby). Stocks have been depleted for a while, and it looks like 70% of my standard weekly favourite items are now no longer available, it’s going to be a really painful transition. When were loyal customers ever consulted on the change? Who does it really benefit? If prices don’t come down inline with the lower standard of readily available product, then I’ll be looking to move to waitrose direct
Their Smart Pass service is completely useless and a hidden YEARLY subscription. You will go through a series of pages stating it's all monthly but the actual subscription will be one year charged monthly with no possibility to cancel. They promote it a lot so you'll likely subscribe to try, except now they have you for a year. It's just one of many dark patterns they use. For instance you can't cancel directly you have to call them. The service is ok most of the time, but if anything goes wrong their policy is to blame you first and it's up to you to keep contacting them. Don't expect an apology either.
Poor service now - Ocado really should be coping better with the crisis since their sole business is online grocery deliveries! Unfortunately they also seem to be profiteering (6.99 delivery changes on any available slots and higher prices/fewer offers.) TBH I would most likely have left anyway when M&S took over from Waitrose but their very poor handling of the crisis has made the decision a lot easier. I suspect they will struggle to recover from this epic fail.
What is the point in emailing us to say they’ve released more slots and once you log in there’s nothing. So disappointing as it’s not the first time. Begin to wish I’d chosen another delivery service.
I know they are difficult and different times but would it be possible to inform people correctly about their chances to get a slot booking? I have been in a virtual queue This morning being told waiting time around two hours I logged in around 8.30 this morning only to find at 12.15 that no slots are available - booking options only for the next three days . Would it be possible to warn people when they start ‘queuing’so not to waste hours . Three days quickly fill up that must be obvious to Ocado - please can you somehow let people know earlier when they logging in to queue..MORE INFORMATION EARLIER ON PLEASE.
I have been a very satisfied customer since befoe the Andover fire. Now, though, the situation has completely changed as a result of the awful confusion and delays caused by the disfunctional website. I am 92 and have serious health issue so am self-isolating and rely entirely on online shopping. Please, Ocado, is there some way, as a highly vulnerable person , I can have quick access to the site to book and oder future deliveries ? I need help., not hassle. Alan Fowler, Winchester
I got delivery on 11 the Nov . Strawberry and raspberry both were mold. I took pictures and wrote letters to ocado customer service. But they said they can not find my ordered and delivery record. Simply just ignored me. The pictures I sent to them show Ocado package cover with experid date and mold full of Berries.
I have been using ocado for a while. Even though service is professional their support is very arrogant and sometimes even threatening in their emails. More then one time they used to blame me as a customer for something. Word of advice try to respect your customers and maybe hire a lector to write your generic emails because they come hostile.
I have just checked receipts from other deliveries I have had from acodo due to the suspicious way the driver just took 1 of the bags my shopping was in because it was double packed(completely unesseraly as was a light bag) only to find that I haven't paid for the 5 bags I have received but 13! I have been over charged on my last few shops by bags being added to the shop. I am housebound and I'm very worried they are doing this to lot's of people like myself. People please check receipts carefully.
I've been with Ocado for almost a decade and have mostly had a great experience. They used to be the best at customer service as well as quality food and lovely delivery service with polite drivers. Unfortunately, the cracks are beginning to show. They are obviously struggling as a company having been dropped by Waitrose and have lowered the quality of their food and service because of this. My latest issue was this week when I placed an order and checked out to then have a completely different order arrive full of items I didn't need. I queried this with Ocado and they told me that there was nothing they could do as the computer system said I hadn't edited my order. What a joke, after I spent a couple of hours doing it the day before the delivery! The customer service assistants on the phone were very unhelpful and, although not rude, were belligerent and argumentative. I asked to speak to a manager and was called later by a someone who was polite but still told me he wasn't prepared to do anything about the situation. Further conversations have resulted in them repeating that they won't rectify the situation and that I'll be charged for the items I didn't want and didn't order.
We're sorry for this experience, we appreciate you've been in touch and spoken to both our advisors and the Management Team, with little desired resolution. We're happy to feedback your comments if you'd like to give us a call on 0345 656 1234, send an email to ocado@ocado.com or contact us on our Live Chat, as we wouldn't like to see you leave us. - Christian
Ocado is rated 4.16 based on 2,484 reviews