Ocado Reviews

92% of reviewers recommend Ocado

How would you rate Ocado ?

(optional)

Samuel
"Friendly drivers, have been on time every week except one when they called to let me know they were running late. Excellent range of products, substitutions happen only rarely. Would recommend!"
"Not very clear information about delivery charges it also states that if you hand you carrier bags back you ill be refunded so they can be reused This did not happen . Dont agree with the use of single use carrier bags so will be looking at other retailers Also a lot of product were out of stock. Food is good uality but service issues let you down"
HI Karen. We are sorry to hear about the stock issues when you were shopping with us. Your driver should've deducted the bags that you handed back though, so that we can look into this, please email ocado@ocado.com or speak to us via Live Chat on the website. - Christian.
"Most of the time the grocery has broken packs. In addition, the driver came one hour earlier pretending that it was the right slot. He complained about no one answering. Of course! our slot was starting at 8:30pm , not at 7:30pm."
Our apologies, this shouldn't have happened and we're sorry it did. We'd like to get this looked into for you to ensure issues like this do not happen again. Please email ocado@ocado.com or speak to us via Live Chat on the website. - Sam.
"My first time ordering and no complaints. Easy process, a wide range of vegan choices, fast response to an email query I had, was delivered when it was due, all items were there, frozen food was kept very frozen. I am very pleased with the service so far and I will use again."
"I received my order on the dot, 9.30. I have given four instead of five stars as the bananas I ordered were green to ripen at home and the ones delivered were already ripened. Thank you Ocado, will definitely order again."
"Received my first Ocado order, right on time this morning. Everything I had ordered was delivered, apart from one alternative, which was no problem. I have given four stars rather than five stars as the green bananas I ordered were already ripe, but as it is the Bank Holiday cannot complain. Thank you Ocado"
"Please please please make it possible to save recipes in "my account" to buy products later! It is difficult to search through website to find particular recipe that found before!"
Hi Lia. You can save recipes to a binder if you shop via the app- which makes it easier to find later on. To find this, you just need to go to the 'Recipes' section and then binder. Unfortunately this option isn't available on the website yet, but we'll certainly put forward the suggestion for you. -Kelly
"DO NOT RELY ON THIS COMPANY TO DELIVER YOUR FOOD ON TIME! Or even at all! What you are saving in money (which isn’t much) you loose in customer service and reliability!!! I never write reviews online but I really feel people should know this company relies highly on computer systems which the customer service staff are unable to adjust or access. So if their is an error with your order online you will not receive your food at your delivered time. It is a highly unreliable system. I made an order on Thursday for Saturday 6am and the order was cancelled at 11pm on Saturday night. I called the call Center on Saturday night. They were completely unable to help, and reported a manager could call me at 10am the next day (4 HOURS AFTER MY ORDER WAS MEANT TO BE DELIVERED) as he was too busy to speak to me at the time. They could not do anything on the phone to rectify the problem as they report they work entirely with computer systems which they can not access or alter. I was left having to do a huge grocery shop at 8am prior to having a large family gathering because of this companies incompetence."
Hi Amy, thank you for writing your review.

We're so sorry to hear about your experience and it's not at all what we expect of our service. We apologise that our advisor was unable to resolve your problem over the phone.

If you haven't already chosen for that callback, please feel free to either give us a call once more or to email us at ocado@ocado.com so that we can look into this further for you. - Christian.
Mrs Jeannie L
"They have a wide and varied range of goods"
"Awful customer service, awful payment pre authorization protocol I mean are Ocado a hotel or a supermarket? We had a shop booked for delivery and the delivery didnt turn up. I then found an email from late the night before the shop was due telling me my shop would not be delevered approximatly 12 hours later as my bank had not let Ocado pre authorise £100 the day before the shop was due! In the past I had used a credit card for Ocado and recently swapped the payment method to two registered debit cards, one of the debit cards is used specificly for grocery shopping and online purchases, i noticed the balnce was low and transfered in somefunds about 10pm the night before the ocado shop was due and thought no more of it only to fast forward 12 hours to find out oh no my shop has been cancelled because I did not pay for it the day before it was due! No other grocery company does this to the best of my knowledge as standard practice as what if adverse weather occured on the delivery day and Ocado have your money but you have no shopping you would have to wait for a refund... I spoke to three members of staff at Ocado all implied this was my problem and my fault, I asked what they were going to do to help me as the shop was for a familly birthday my wifes 40th birthday and I informed customer services I was currently recovering from surgery after an accident and had limited mobility and as the only driver in the familly could not just pop out and go to a supermarket, they didnt care and there attitude in my opinion was north south divide they seem to treat southern customers completly different to northern customers as my mother who lives in London had the same problem yet she received a phonecall telling her her payment card was declined and she provided alternative details and had her shop delivered... 1.why did nobody call us and say please provide an alternative card 2. Why did ocado not default to the next registered debit card and use that as a payment method? 3. Why are Ocado allowed to charge you for groceries the day before they deliver 4. In my opinion NEVER shop with Ocado as they are not customer focussed they are Ocado Focussed."
Hi Adam. Thanks for taking the time to leave us with your review, we are sorry to hear about your trouble.

At Ocado, we always take payment for your shopping after it's been delivered. As the order is processed we may pre-authorise an estimated amount of your order including a little extra for bags and priced per weight items. Should your bank deny this pre authorisation, your order will be automatically cancelled, this is the same for all customers.

Should your order be cancelled, you would need to re book the order. Should you have any trouble in doing so, we would always be more than happy to help.

In regards to your questions; the cancellation is automatically done by the system. We would never take payment from another card automatically without your permission. You are not charged for your order before it is delivered, you are charged once the delivery is made.

You are more than welcome to read about our payment process in our Terms and Conditions. Alternatively, give us a call on 0345 656 1234 and we will be happy to assist you further. - Victoria
"First time I've taken the time to use them and one of the voucher codes I'm always getting. Order was easy and free delivery. Delivery guy was on time and very chirpy. Food was most of what I normally order from other supermarkets but gave me more choice. Will use again"
Your O
"Ocado proposes very good products at a good price. The thing I like the most is the plethora of products offered. However, I don't order organic vegetables anymore because they were always rotten and I had to take pictures and send it to the customer service each time to obtain a refund."
Stacey B
"First time I used this online supermarket. Service was fantastic driver was so friendly, explained about the service bags had fridge freezer etc on the bags. The receipt was so helpful as told you the days the food needed to be used. Very happy with this online shop."
"Never ever order from Ocado. I have never had a problem free order. It is Holy Thursday I have 17 people coming to lunch tomorrow. I was told this afternoon that my order was running 2 and 1/2 hours late. I have just received a phone call from the driver who is now not going to deliver my order. There is no delivery slot for tomorrow morning! They are cancelling my order. I have called your call line and was then spoken to very rudely by your representative, Bob who hung up on my husband when he got cross with about rude he was being. Your customer service is appalling. Your service generally is appalling. I will never use you again and will be publicising my dissatisfaction as widely as I can. P.S I put 1 star because I had to"
We are very sorry to hear this Elizabeth, we can certainly appreciate the disappointment caused especially due to the circumstances you have outlined. It's disappointing to learn of your trouble with one of our advisors, and this is something we can look further into. Please kindly email us at ocado@ocado.com, or even call again at 0345 656 1234 so that we can look into this for you. - Anna
"Always fresh food delivery on time very good customer service highly recommended"
"I have just found Gradz Breads only available at Ocado. Good selection of Gluton free, Rye, etc. they are extremely good. The best breads I’ve tried for ages."
"Quick and easy ordering - love that they accept PayPal as a payment method as it's so much more secure and convenient."
Sue P
"great quality good and no delivery charge. Very happy with customer service and the delivery driver wasfriendly and informative!"
"Had a delivery driver who had a very aggressive attitude towards us sorry to say but looks like you need to be on top off things Will never ever use Ocado again They just racist drivers"
This is very concerning, George. We'd like to investigate this further so please do send us an email to ocado@ocado.com including this review so that we can assist you further and include as much information as possible. - Christian
Cara F
"Amazing vegan and gluten free options"
Ocado is rated 4.61 based on 2,073 reviews