Ocado Reviews

Over A Week
Read Ocado Reviews

ocado@ocado.com

3 Bishop Square

Tell us how Ocado made you happy
My first order as I was offered free delivery. I read reviews and was concerned especially as paypal authorised £6 more than my bill showed( this was not VAT). This unsettled me. After my order was delivered paypal was debited for the correct amount. My order was complete,no substitutes and undamaged but there was nothing time critical or difficult. I probably wont use them again as the food was overpriced and I didnt like the way they preauthorised what appeared to be a random amount of money from paypal. Feel safer with Tescos and Waitrose
I am unfortunately unable to get a slot .Why on earth are only 3 days showing as most of my order is for a little later than 3 days.Why not 7 days at least.Ocado does not compare favourably with any of the other supermarkets including Waitrose.
5stars pre m&s even though lots of m&s products are superb and excellent there just is not the choice no decent bean mix for soups no sensitive washing powder and no gourmet boxes of cake cat food fluffy is disgusted if he could talk he would go to Waitrose and corky the dog agrees no beef marrowbones ocado day used to be the highlight of his week ,now just a sad face on a Wednesday
Ocado have always been excellent but since teaming up with m&s I will sadly have to go to Waitrose.com. The products just don’t measure up and Are trying to replicate Waitrose products but failing. Finding it difficult to shop with Ocado now
I have been with ocado for over 8yrs and have only ever done my shopping on-line with them and I too feel that they have left their loyal customers by the wayside I know things at present are really difficult and I agree that the elderly and vulnerable should be given priority but something has gone wrong down the line somewhere. So at last I have got a slot after over a month of waiting also I feel they are profiteering from their delivery charges at present I only hope that the workers will get a bonus at the end of this and doesn't go into the chairmans pockets.
Where is the Duty of Care that other on line grocery delivery services fulfil? A friend, like me in her seventies, vulnerable and without a car, was quickly and easily able to make her on line order with Sainsbury’s yesterday and was given a delivery slot for today. Sainsbury's had her date of birth and had prioritised her. She is so relieved and grateful. Ocado do not prioritise anyone or anything other than their own greed which has led them to this sorry situation. What is wrong with this Company? It doesn’t bother them in the slightest that the elderly and vulnerable who should be remaining in isolation at home are forced to go outside and mingle with others in order to get food to survive. Who cares? They are going to die soon anyway? Ocado you are a disgrace but you will reap what you sow. Note to CEO - why do you not have the dates of birth of your customers - is the answer Greed by any chance?
This is the second time I have ordered from Ocado. Overall pleased with the products and the offers (saved £20 as I spent over £60 and delivery was free). Delivery slot was between 10:30 to 11:30 on Saturday 22 February, Stephen (delivery person) parked outside my house more or less at 10:30, I opened the door and saw that he was readying the shopping, sticking in boxes. He then brought the shopping to the porch area inside front door; not even bringing it inside to the living room let alone the kitchen (small house living room then kitchen) I said I will return the bags and Stephen mumbled to the effect of saying ‘‘if you’re quick’ I quickly emptied the shopping and gave him the bags and said ‘is that quick enough?,.’ And closed the door. I found Stephen to be rude and his attitude was can’t be bothered attitude. He took longer time to bring the shopping from van to door-didn’t need it to be in the boxes (the first delivery person was polite and brought the shopping to the living room) I thought Ocado delivered to the kitchen table, is that not correct?
lots of delivery times
Ok for groceries but would never recommend for Ocado branded fruit and veg, it is usually of poor quality and on the turn or completely bruised and damaged as in the case of the last bag of apples I bought, they looked as if they had been kicked around and would never have been purchased by anyone who had seen them in advance.
We're sorry to hear that you have experienced poor quality fruit and veg from us. We will be passing your feedback on to our Food Technology team to investigate as we want to deliver the best produce to our customers. If you could kindly email us at ocado@ocado.com or call us on 0345 656 1234, we can look into this further for you.
Very professional. The down side is that they cancel my order on the day of delivery because of my bank blocked the transaction as the bank thought it was fraudulent (first transaction). Had to call Ocada, place a new order and delay my order by 24 hours again (hoping it wouldn't be blocked this time. I ended up losing a discount voucher for free delivery. I wished they did a test purchase at the time I placed the order rather than the day of delivery....
We're very sorry to hear this Annika, this is certainly not the level of service we would expect and we will certainly pass on your feedback to reduce such things happing again. Our apologies again.
They used to make me happy ... NOW with their New Website... I am not. Why can I not see any Star ratings on goods I have already bought ? Shows star ratings for all other goods. Soo if I want a bottle of white wine.... all the white wine that I have ever bought will come up..... but no star ratings !!! I will have to click on each and every white wine that I have bought over the last 5 years to find out which is now a good buy
We're very sorry for any disappointment caused, we'll certainly pass on your feedback to our Web Team. Our apologies again.
The reason I have not given the service a good rating is because I would really appreciate it if uncooked meat and fish could be put in a separate bag to other items. Sometimes it has looked like some of the contents from the meat products has leaked onto the other items I have bought and I have had to discard them. I know that if this has definitely happened I am entitled to a refund of the contents of the bag but this is really inconvenient as I am then left without the food I need. I have stopped ordering meat from Ocado for this reason.
Gosh, we're ever so sorry for the disappointment caused Dawn as it it is never our intention. We can completely understand your frustration. We've looked at the heat-sealing process for raw meat and fish products, and found that it's been extensively developed, improving the safety and resilience of the packaging. We're now confident that it provides an acceptable barrier from other foodstuffs, and therefore we can safely pack these products within the same carrier bag as ready-to-eat products. We'll pass on your comments to our Warehouse team so that they are aware as your feedback is very important to us. If you do ever come across damaged packaging for your meat & fish then please let us know right away. We're ever so sorry again and do hope that you enjoy the rest of your day.
Good delivery slots. Often in the week can be delivered the same day. Rare for there to be substitutes. Very poor consideration to use by dates. Difficult to budget for a weekly shop as use by dates for perishables only within a few days . Poor customer complaints service . But overall ok service.
On the expensive side even with 'price match' and some choices are not so good as other supermarkets. Delivery is good but packing is the thing that spoils everything. For example..... I ordered 8x 2litres of milk last week and it was all crammed in one bag along with a few other things. My yogurts didn't travel well with 3 lids being split along with a couple of other items. Although customer service refund these items it still means a trip to a different supermarket to replace these items!!
Hi Barbara, we're sorry to hear that feel some of our items are expensive and we will be passing on your feedback regarding this. It's also disappointing to hear that you have had poor packing with your orders and that you had to make another trip to the supermarket, as we can imagine this was very inconvenient. We can assure you that we are working very hard with our Warehouse Management team to minimise any damages with your deliveries. Once again our sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused and we hope that you see an improvement with your next order.
It wasn't clear that my review was going to be made public.
Delivery info helpful ordering easy Drivers on the whole polite and helpful Often things are squashes ie croissants Sometime life span a bit short Rarely get fish pie mix
Hi Jean, we're glad to hear that you find the website easy to use, and it's always great to hear our drivers are polite and helpful. However, It is disappointing to hear that you often have damaged items with your orders. We can assure you that we are working hard to make sure there are no damages in your orders, by having regular meetings with our suppliers and Warehouse Management team. If you haven't already contacted us for any of the damaged items in your orders, please do email us at ocado@ocado.com and we can look into this for you. Our apologies again for any inconvenience caused.
A recent systems issue means that you have lost most of my saved shopping lists and these are irrecoverable. You should improve your backup systems so that similar lists are easily recoverable in the future.
Hi Emma, we're really sorry about the issues you experienced when our server crashed recently, we can completely understand how frustrating this must have been. Sadly this was a very unexpected technical error which we have not experienced before which did result in particular areas being compromised, such as the shopping lists on the website. We are so sorry that our IT team were not able to recover this data. We have of course learnt from this incident and hopefully you should not be affected by this again. We can assure you all of your comments have been passed on. Have a great day.
I've shopped with Ocado for 9 plus years. It is an excellent service for on-line grocery shopping. The website is fab, great range of products, very few substitutions and good delivery service. My only criticism and one which cost a 'very good' star - Ocado packs raw meat with cooked meats, salad and other fridge items. For some reason, Ocado feels this acceptable, although I have had raw chicken bits on the outside of the packaging. Government guidelines state raw meat should not be stored seperately. Can only assume Ocado is unable/unwilling to improve their service in this area. :-(
Hi Liz, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review regarding our service, we're very pleased to hear that you enjoy a majority of our service and have been a fabulous customer of ours for 9 plus years! We are very sorry to hear that you are not happy with certain aspects of our packing, such as raw meat. We have investigated the heat-sealing process for raw meat and fish products, and have found that it has been extensively developed, improving the safety and resilience of the packaging. We are now confident that it provides an acceptable barrier from other foodstuffs, and therefore we can safely pack these products within the same carrier bag as ready-to-eat products. Sadly due to the operations of our service it is not possible at the moment for us to not mix these products. As we don't pick and pack our shopping like a regular shop, from a supermarket, it is a bit more technical in which our process works. We will of course pass your comments and concerns on to our warehouse team. We hope you continue to enjoy our service.
I like alot of the products available from Ocado which is why I still shop with them. They have some interesting foods of a generally high quality. Unforunately the packing leaves alot to be desired and I frequently have to return damaged items because everything has been thown in randomly. Morrisons use the same delivery service so I don't use them anymore for the same reason and because their food is pretty run of the mill its not worth putting up with the poor delivery. I have had a few issues with food, quite often organic, going off well before its use by date.
Hi Karen, we're really sorry to hear that the packing of your orders has been so poor, this is not what we'd expect at all, it's really disappointing that this has meant you've missed out on lots of items. We hope you've contacted us regarding this as we would really like to look into it, if you haven't, could we please ask you to email ocado@ocado.com with Reviews.co.uk in the subject? We're a little concerned to hear that you've been having problems with organic items too, this is also worrying and definitely something we'd want to look into.
Rating in my opinion is normal - I have received very good service from ocado and recently extremely poor service from ocado. I like to buy waitrose food and ocado offers this conveniently -supposedly. The app is very good however frequently items are out of stock or not delivered despite showing as available at the point of ordering. Fresh meat Is not packaged well for delivery and often arrives damaged / smashed so spoils other items that it probably shouldn't be packed in the same bag as anyway. Fresh meat often has already gone off when opened 1-2 days after being delivered and is well within its use by date. Delivery drivers are good and engage with customer. It would be better if ocado customer services contact customer if delivery is late rather than driver as you contact customer service for an update not the driver and they have no info available - info provided subsequently can be unclear - e.g. I was recently told my order was over an hour delayed by customer services and then the van arrived moments later! It's very frustrating when products arrive damaged or are missing as it means a trip to the local supermarket - surely this defeats the object of ordering online and paying a £10.99 fee every month?
Goodness Hannah, it saddens us to hear about the recent experience that you've had with your Ocado delivery, and for this we're truly sorry for any frustration that we've caused you. It is never our intention to upset you in anyway and it is very concerning to see all the points that you have raised regarding the meat not being packaged properly and out of stock products not being delivered after adding them to your order. We'd like to take a further look into this for you so please could you email Ocado@ocado.com with www.reviews.co.uk in the subject.
Ocado is rated 4.17 based on 2,474 reviews