Open Studio Reviews

2 - 3 Hours
Read Open Studio Reviews

About Open Studio:

Open Studio - Jazz Lesson from Jazz Legends
Be a better jazz player, guaranteed.

Open Studio provides jazz education from today's leaders in jazz in an easy to use and interactive viewing environment.

+1 314-329-7201

Open Studio 5 star review on 22nd March 2022
Judith S
Open Studio 5 star review on 24th February 2022
David D
Amazing courses and terrific teachers!! I am very happy and comfortable with the platform.
Open studio is worth the 'price of admission' and really should cost more than it does. So thank you guys for keeping costs accessible. I don't know how you do that, but you haven't priced many of us out, for which I am grateful. Open Studio is the heart of what musicianship is about, a willingness to show others exactly how to get where you as masters in the craft are. And you don't oversell. Your site is the real deal for those who what to learn Jazz. Thanks for not underselling the reality that being good at the piano isn't an overnight process. Progress and mastery require dedication and work - while having fun.
Thanks Adam. The Bebop enclosure lesson is the gift that keeps on giving.
It would be great if lessons are easier to get to.
Very useful and helpful for all musicians!
Hi Jazzers, there is no better website than Open Studio. Great teachers. They let you discover that the spaces between the notes are important as well , even maybe more important! Don’t doubt, be a member. Thanks for all the material.🙏🏼
It is so good. I'm learning. Adam Maness's guided practice sessions are game-changing. I need a personal trainer for my music and he's exactly that.
I’m from Costa Rica, We don’t grow up listening to Jazz music or playing since High School days in a Big Band so.. I love this opportunity to get closer to this incredibly music, and mix it with our Latin sense and native background. Thanks a lot!
I'm finishing week 2 of Jazz Piano Jump-Start. Looks great so far. Love your guided practice sessions!
Hi I just joined the site. Wow. Absolutely amazing teachers and musicians and just all around nice people. i started with Peter Martins bebop inspiration and was blown away by is solo. i learned it an am practicing it to get it in my fingers . i feel at home here . Cheers
Open Studio is an amazing learning tool! For a long time I’ve wanted to be a competent jazz player, and have struggled through private lessons/other online resources. I’m no slouch musically (classically-trained, PhD in composition and theory) but no other system I’ve found has distilled jazz concepts so thoroughly and simply as Open Studio! From one music educator to another: thank you Open Studio for finally demystifying jazz for me! :)
I love how Adam and Peter are totally dedicated to the craft of teaching! The courses are very well designed. I'm thankful for all the effort that went into developing each individual lesson. Bravo!
I bought bass lessons with Ron Carter! A lifelong dream. Open Studio has made me very happy.
Open Studio 5 star review on 10th July 2022
If I was marooned on a desert island and could have just one thing it would be access to Open Studio. You could spend an entire lifetime studying the wealth of material here. Run by world class professional jazz musicians whose enthusiasm is so infectious, this is for the serious jazz student!
I've joined 4 other jazz piano sites over the last 3 years or so and Open Studio is definitely my favorite!
Dear Adam- Thanks so much ! Open Studio is the perfect format for me to advance at my own pace and you and Peter are amazing teachers- you bring us the most incredible guest artists as well- I tried private jazz lessons, however, for me Open Studio is a better fit, as I can do the lessons when I have time- the pdfs are a great follow up for practice My background is classical - I can arrange pretty well after 25 years as a pianist, teacher and choral director or play Bach, but I’m jealous of you jazzy guys that can improvise- it’s hard to gain the musical freedom to make stuff up when you are taught to read what’s on the page all your life- I am confident my Open Studio classes will help me learn the voicings and other skills I need to make my arrangements less “cocktail “ and more real jazz! Happy to be a part of this great musical support group! Marian Levy
I had the pleasure of hearing Dr. Billy Taylor play live, I was 9 years old at the time. I said to myself, "I'd like to play piano like that..." Here I am many moons later embarking on that journey. There's more to my story but to the point, thanks to Open Studio's offers, the journey is that much easier. Thank you.
Very good jazz lessons!
Mayne! I just think you guys are doing a phenomenal job!
This course is outstanding and worth the money. I am a classically trained pianist and it is very unusual to come across a course that actually demystifies how to improvise but also has very experienced course trainers who can actually play the piano very well and are good jazz musicians with a excellent teaching record . So important to encourage listening - its wonderful to listen to Peter Martin playing . I am going to follow every step and hopefully I will comment again about my results . Keep up the outstanding work!
Open Studio is rated 4.8 based on 1,381 reviews