Open Studio Reviews

2 - 3 Hours
Read Open Studio Reviews

About Open Studio:

Open Studio - Jazz Lesson from Jazz Legends
Be a better jazz player, guaranteed.

Open Studio provides jazz education from today's leaders in jazz in an easy to use and interactive viewing environment.

+1 314-329-7201

Open Studio 5 star review on 4th February 2022
Naoise S
Open Studio 5 star review on 1st February 2022
Lisa L
I would like a refund please. The course is excellent but personal issues prohibit me from committing at this time.
I recently acquired Christian McBride's 2 courses and I confess that I'm really enjoying the way I can enjoy so much quality in terms of my available time. I strongly advise
Exactly what I have been looking for! Great resource!!
I really enjoy the lessons. They respond to my personal way of learning. Thanks a lot
Adam speaks clearly, makes it easy to understand. AND ... it's what I need to know. Here's a very brief video of a riff in Db which I developed for a song I do in that key. It's a version of Adam's diminished triads which he covered in a particularly helpful lesson.
After studying classical piano for 9 years I was ready to branch out and expand my understanding of the instrument. After looking at a number of courses Open Studio seemed like it had what I was looking for in The Elements of Jazz Piano. Looking through the book I am sure that once completed I will have the skills that weren’t provided in my classical training. Only being into the course for one week my only suggestion is that there should be more notation for the left hand in the voicing along with what the right hand is doing. Any chance in adding something like that as a supplement?
Excellent tuition and advice here
Awesome lessons that are engaging, fun, and informative, and mixed in with plenty of reminders that even though there's jokes and memes, these guys know their stuff pretty dang well.
Amazing instruction! In many ways lessons are even better than “in person” as I can go at my own pace and review as often as needed. Thanks for providing excellent teaching.
I am very happy with my first Open Studio course "Jazz Piano for Beginners. The structure and content of this course is very good. It makes a lot of fun to study with Adam and Peter; both excellent teachers. Mona
The Open Studio lessons are very nicely produced in a very professional manner They are very high-quality and easy to follow
I love your guys' enthusiasm and how you structure the lessons! I've been going through the Jazz Piano Jump-Start and feel like I get to sit with you and have an in-person lesson as I get to follow along. As someone who is new to jazz piano, the attention to detail and pace is very highly appreciated, and you guys have no assumptions on prior knowledge. Thank you so much, and I can't wait to proceed to the other courses!
Really enjoy the material! As a guitarist I've always loved the way pianist interpret chords and voicings pertaining to jazz, and you do a great job of breaking down the info. I read in both clefs and simply transpose to fit onto the fretboard. If you haven't already, please do a deep dive into Maccoy Tyner's approach. Kind Regards, Ward
epic
At the moment I can only review the purchase process and the assistance from Open Studio. Everything was just perfect. In particular, I would like to mention Dan Martin for his kindness and competence in assisting me while I was looking for the first jazz course to buy.
So far very good Keep up the good work
Open Studio 5 star review on 21st April 2022
I love Open Studio! As an amateur trumpet player I watch everyday a video on your YouTube channel. Sometimes even more. There are this heavy working days when my horn almost drives me crazy with its rebellious character. Then only Adam and Peter bring me with some you’ll hear it back on the way so that I can go back to the woodshed . Or I may take part of some guided practice sessions to get an inspiration on new ideas. You created with this forum something very unique in an endless stream of information on the web. An anchor point or a lighthouse in the rough sea to help us navigate through that mist. On the other hand the course with Sean Jones is a fantastic checkpoint to keep all that trumpet fundamentals together. Sorry for my limited English language. Thanks a lot. Greetings from Berne Switzerland! Peter
Open Studio 5 star review on 21st April 2022
Adam and Martin are excellent teachers. So much information.
It is a good course and i need pra ring
I first heard Peter Martin accompanying Diana Reeves. He played the intro to Wayne Shorter's tune Infant eyes and I found it so incredibly beautiful, sparse and touching. The playing was sublime. So one thing led to another and I discovered Open Studio and signed up for Jazz piano for beginners. After biting off more than I could chew on other online courses, I've found the course's emphasis on listening and simple concepts to be exactly what I needed. Playing the PM blues right off the bat was perfect! Thank you to Peter and Adam for a well-crafted course.
Open Studio 5 star review on 13th April 2022