Open Studio Reviews

2 - 3 Hours
Read Open Studio Reviews

About Open Studio:

Open Studio - Jazz Lesson from Jazz Legends
Be a better jazz player, guaranteed.

Open Studio provides jazz education from today's leaders in jazz in an easy to use and interactive viewing environment.

+1 314-329-7201

Open Studio 5 star review on 6th May 2021
Gustavo
Open Studio 5 star review on 6th May 2021
Chris N
Pedagogical and inspiring. Great for all levels!
Very good Jazzdrumming course
Great site and lessons I signed up for bass lots of lessons just a little overwhelming with the amount of lessons just had to keep looking and looking
Open Studio gives me a lot of motivation to keep working hard and enjoy jazz!! Thanks Open Studio for your work
Sheet music are really well made.
My first course is Fred Hersch’s solo piano experiments. Amazing content, thoughts, approaches and philosophy. It’s nice to get to know the artists closely after spending so much time with them. Soundslice is an enormously helpful tool, especially with solo piano, which can be challenging to transcribe. Great production values and sound. Sometimes the lighting continuity is a little off when switching cameras, which is a little distracting, if you’re looking for a place to improve. Thanks, guys! Great job!
This is very subjective, but I find the presenters to be over chatty and "joking around" - I would prefer a more concise and to the point presentation. But they know their stuff, and how to teach it - so I will grin and bear it - can't have everything and I'm sure there are plenty that love the style. Maybe because I'm a Brit and not American.
Im taking Bebop for Beginners. Although Ive been playing for years, my search for HOW to play bebop was basically to play AT it. Was poor excuse for jazz piano, Adam Maness is teaching me a new language and it is finally TAKING. He teaches by building thoughts or passages one layer at a time. I'm so excited. I wont even mention my age, but it's like I just started playing. I look forward to learning more and more through Open Studio.
This is exactly the type of teaching I was looking for. Well explained and have not found any typos in the PDFs to date. Finally a method to all this jazz madness. Will consider becoming a member before the year is out.
Open Studio 5 star review on 7th November 2021
very helpful....thank you!
The lessons that I have viewed so far are very informative and easy to understand. Great work Open Studio!
Gewd
Adam Mannis is a master pianist and fantastic teacher. He doesn’t mislead his students into thinking what he teaches can be learned without practice, but he is always positive and inspires them to achieve manageable goals!
I wish Peter Martin’s courses had more guided practice.
Hi Maxime! You'll be happy to know that Guided Practice Sessions are a key part of his updated course Jazz Piano for Beginners, to be released later this month and will be included in your Piano Access Pass. Best, Open Studio (DM)
I study classical music for more than 15 years, and I had the occasion to learn from great classical pianists. When I first took the first courses from the Open Studio, I was really impressed. They are true musicians , the way they explain things it's easier to understand . I feel very very lucky that I found them . I strongly recommend this courses !
All courses I have taken have made me a better player and have improved my musicianship!! Technique exercises are wonderful!
Open studio has been a great resource for introducing me to fundamental ideas that are foundational to music. It has stuff for beginners and advanced players. I can see myself using Open Stu as a resource I can come back to for inspiration for years to come!
Open Studio with the master musicians and master teachers Adam Maness and Peter Martin is one of the very best jazz teaching offerings on the web! I am truly thankful that I found you guys, thank for doing this 🙏
Long time piano player, your course material has been invaluable and inspirational for me. Always something to learn. David
You guys a great. I especially like Bob DeBoo