Open Studio Reviews

2 - 3 Hours
Read Open Studio Reviews

About Open Studio:

Open Studio - Jazz Lesson from Jazz Legends
Be a better jazz player, guaranteed.

Open Studio provides jazz education from today's leaders in jazz in an easy to use and interactive viewing environment.

+1 314-329-7201

Open Studio 5 star review on 17th December 2020
Christoph
It’s very good
Great content!
So many amazing courses that will cater for all levels of jazz piano. This review is specifically for Peter Martin’s “Jazz Piano Method.” Intermediate/ Advanced level. Peter is a world class performer, and breaks down a jazz standard each week, in detail. He offers fantastic advice and suggestions re voicings, soloing, ways to approach the melody, and recordings to check out. Each ore recorded video is used with Sound Slice, a great tool that allows you to slow down, loop any part of the video. Notation of Peter’s playing is on the screen, which you can also loop via sound slice. Camera angle showing his hands from above, is great. If you’re wanting to take your solo jazz piano playing in a new direction, I would highly recommend “The Jazz Piano Method.”
It is just amazing how organized they are, and how well done is everything on the webpage. They really want you to learn, and that’s truly remarkable. Thanks you so very much!!!
Freakin awesome. Learned so much in such little time!
I am starting with the jump start jazz piano class and then will move up to the jazz piano for beginners. I had already started playing piano, started learning some jazz standards, but I felt I wanted my foundations to be more solid. This is the reason I started as a novice on open studio, to make sure I properly understand my intervals and make sure I can HEAR them. I feel following the open studio path is helping me build more confidence. It also forces me to practice every single day, which is something I had trouble with before. Knowing that you have Adam or Peter to practice with every day, in a structured way (very important point!) makes you feel more confident about practicing.
Best jazz site ever, given with passion!
Awesome, keep it going!
I'm very pleased with the clarity of the information. I recommend your website and courses to all levels of 🎹 piano players and other instruments. 👍👍👍
I found myself stucked after years of self-teaching from books, online courses or even live lessons. OS is giving me a new sparkle and... the swing is back!
Very inspiring 🎶
I enjoy your courses ,good teachers ! I can hear what i have to learn . Thé explanation how to work are so good! But for me thé price is expénsive. 77 usd for enclosures . I you gg ivre thé chance to but others courses for 30 usd I will be thé best pupil of your school !
Great teaching !!!that has opened up my head regarding voicing, and creating space. Thanks Adam!!!
Open Studio improved my dayly practice routine and I could improved my piano play enormously!
It's been awesome...Great ideas, performances and topics...
Great demonstrations!
Open Studio is a great resource for any musician looking to grow skills in jazz theory and practice! Excellent teachers sharing so valuable knowledge and a great community of musicians from all over the world!
Enjoyed the JumpStart course with Adam Maness, particularly his guided sessions. Am equally delighted to be doing Jazz Piano for Beginners with Peter Martin. Both courses focus on ear training, hand independence and improvisation. I like that Peter Martin teaches concepts or theory in the context of tunes - from PM Blues to Embraceable You. With the practice sessions suggested at the end of each unit, the onus is on me to do the exercises aimed at improving my jazz piano skills. Overall the lessons are clear and well-structured. I especially like the lesson on 2-5-1. The lesson on Basic Bebop Improvisation is challenging but it motivates me to practice my scales, learn more chords, and use the elements of improvisation. Thank you, Adam and Peter, for setting a good example on how I should play jazz piano. Happy practicing.
I have bought several of Adam Maness video courses and I am very satisfied with the content. It is like a guided tour where I get a thorough introduction to important concepts in jazz piano - and immediately after get to practice them with Adam. This way, I get a precise idea of what to pratice if I want to incorporate the concepts in my playing.
Simply the first time I’ m improving my jazz knowledge so fast !!
Open Studio is rated 4.75 based on 1,131 reviews