Open Studio Reviews

2 - 3 Hours
Read Open Studio Reviews

About Open Studio:

Open Studio - Jazz Lesson from Jazz Legends
Be a better jazz player, guaranteed.

Open Studio provides jazz education from today's leaders in jazz in an easy to use and interactive viewing environment.

+1 314-329-7201

Open Studio 5 star review on 6th May 2021
Gustavo
Open Studio 5 star review on 6th May 2021
Chris N
Great site and lessons I signed up for bass lots of lessons just a little overwhelming with the amount of lessons just had to keep looking and looking
Sheet music are really well made.
I have two comments. 1) Is there more feedback as to what a student should be studying? I find myself somewhere between intermediate and advanced and would like more 'structure' as to set of courses and timeline I should be working on. 2) On the website, you should be able to go to your profile (or somewhere else) and pull up what you were just working on, instead of having to hunt for it.
Hi there LR, We will send you a direct email from our support team with some tips. -Open Studio
The quality of the lessons is very high, however there seem to be some bugs in the video playing program. It stops playing every 5 minutes and you need to refresh the tab to continue watching, which can sometimes be rather annoying.
Hi Hristo, Thanks for your review. I'm going to have our team reach out to you directly to see if we can improve your viewing experience. Best, Open Studio
Good depth of content.
A valuable resource. So much information 🐶🎵
Peter Sprague's Jazz Guitar Foundations is the best online/PDF course that this beginner has come across. The completeness around scales and other basics is appreciated.
good info
I really like the content. The instruction/demos are a little fast for me. I read that transcriptions were available for some of the courses, but could not find a way to access them. I'm hoping that the transcriptions are for the examples given during the lesson. That would be very helpful.
Hi Kevin. Transcriptions are available for many of the courses as part of the Living Notation video player. You can read more about how to use it here: https://www.openstudiojazz.com/living-notation You will love it!
I was particularly impressed with Adam Manness’ course on Locked Hands. The “Secret Scale” for the V chord in a minor key is an excellent find! I also like the layout of the site and it’s great to be able to get right to the information I’m interested in!
Some new knowledge but i have to do some work on it. I will purchase some more in the near future. R.L.H.
A Great opportunity to learn an instrument
I am very happy with all of the factors which "count" - with one exception. But who's perfect I suppose. I am happy with the staff/musicians, instruction content, methods of content delivery including the visual keyboard aides, cost of course, and more. My only dilemma is finding out how to actually get into the actual course which I signed up for. By this I mean that I have been able to acquire the workbook which seems to summarize the key points within the course but there is no way to move from the workbook over to the actual course. In order to access the actual course, I find that I must go back to one of the instructor's emails and find a link stating something like "Begin Here". If I ever misplaced these key emails, I would never be able to continue on with the course work. Seems odd and maybe an oversight on the part of the web designers (?). Otherwise, thanks for a great course in jazz piano. Hugh Parsons
Dit moet je weten. Het is de essentie van swing muziek. De Workshop is een waardevolle toevoeging . Wat eenvoudig lijkt, blijkt niet zo eenvoudig te zijn.
I enjoy the free piano classes by Peter Martin and Adam Maness, and all the free content, which is absolutely generous by Open Studio. I did buy the Pentatonics Course from the latter, which I'm practicing on a daily basis. Thanks for your contribution to jazz education!
I am enjoying this. I am still trying to find where I fit. I wish there were some beginner trumpet lessons.
a good teacher and excellent contents. I would like to practice it deliberately.
I’ve signed onto two courses:DGPS, and Jazz Piano for Beginners. Both are a bit beyond my skill level, at the moment. I started at GPS#1 and can barely get through the I. Philipp diminished broken chords exercise. Likewise in lesson 2 of Beginner Jazz, I need to become more familiar with 3-7 and 1-7 chord intervals. HOWEVER, I AM TOTALLY CHALLENGED BY THIS and am excited to continue.
Lots of content to explore. On first sight most of the content seems to be for advanced players.
So far so good. Just started couple of weeks ago
Open Studio is rated 4.75 based on 1,208 reviews