Open Studio Reviews

2 - 3 Hours
Read Open Studio Reviews

About Open Studio:

Open Studio - Jazz Lesson from Jazz Legends
Be a better jazz player, guaranteed.

Open Studio provides jazz education from today's leaders in jazz in an easy to use and interactive viewing environment.

+1 314-329-7201

Costa
Open Studio 5 star review on 17th December 2020
Michael
good info
I really like the content. The instruction/demos are a little fast for me. I read that transcriptions were available for some of the courses, but could not find a way to access them. I'm hoping that the transcriptions are for the examples given during the lesson. That would be very helpful.
Hi Kevin. Transcriptions are available for many of the courses as part of the Living Notation video player. You can read more about how to use it here: https://www.openstudiojazz.com/living-notation You will love it!
I was particularly impressed with Adam Manness’ course on Locked Hands. The “Secret Scale” for the V chord in a minor key is an excellent find! I also like the layout of the site and it’s great to be able to get right to the information I’m interested in!
Some new knowledge but i have to do some work on it. I will purchase some more in the near future. R.L.H.
A Great opportunity to learn an instrument
I am very happy with all of the factors which "count" - with one exception. But who's perfect I suppose. I am happy with the staff/musicians, instruction content, methods of content delivery including the visual keyboard aides, cost of course, and more. My only dilemma is finding out how to actually get into the actual course which I signed up for. By this I mean that I have been able to acquire the workbook which seems to summarize the key points within the course but there is no way to move from the workbook over to the actual course. In order to access the actual course, I find that I must go back to one of the instructor's emails and find a link stating something like "Begin Here". If I ever misplaced these key emails, I would never be able to continue on with the course work. Seems odd and maybe an oversight on the part of the web designers (?). Otherwise, thanks for a great course in jazz piano. Hugh Parsons
Dit moet je weten. Het is de essentie van swing muziek. De Workshop is een waardevolle toevoeging . Wat eenvoudig lijkt, blijkt niet zo eenvoudig te zijn.
I enjoy the free piano classes by Peter Martin and Adam Maness, and all the free content, which is absolutely generous by Open Studio. I did buy the Pentatonics Course from the latter, which I'm practicing on a daily basis. Thanks for your contribution to jazz education!
I am enjoying this. I am still trying to find where I fit. I wish there were some beginner trumpet lessons.
a good teacher and excellent contents. I would like to practice it deliberately.
I’ve signed onto two courses:DGPS, and Jazz Piano for Beginners. Both are a bit beyond my skill level, at the moment. I started at GPS#1 and can barely get through the I. Philipp diminished broken chords exercise. Likewise in lesson 2 of Beginner Jazz, I need to become more familiar with 3-7 and 1-7 chord intervals. HOWEVER, I AM TOTALLY CHALLENGED BY THIS and am excited to continue.
Lots of content to explore. On first sight most of the content seems to be for advanced players.
So far so good. Just started couple of weeks ago
I have now started the study of jazz with Open Studio and I am still exploring. Sometimes it's so much that I get lost on the site, but there's a lot of great stuff.
Hallo, fachlich bin ich total begeistert von den Tutorials - gut erklärt und wenig erzählte Eigendarstellung. Auch Sound und Bildqualität sind super. Ich wollte mir eigentlich die angebotene Übungsapp herunterladen, bekomme aber an meine Emailadresse keinen Aktivierungscode. Der entsprechende Mitarbeiter hat sich bislang noch nicht wieder gemeldet. Für das Jahr 2021 nehme ich mir pro Woche eine intensive Stunde mit Peter Martin vor und habe dann ganz viele Anregungen zum Umsetzen. Super!
Just started my membership. Guitar is my main instrument. OS has made me happy in a number of ways and I'm very satisfied with my subscription. The Brazilian courses are amazing and everything from Adam and Peter is fantastic. Guided practice sessions are really what I needed in my life. Only reason I won't go 5 stars just yet is that, as a guitar player, I find Peter Sprague's school of thought a little convoluted and odd - haven't been able to get a lot from it. He's a technician, just not my cup of tea. That, and the interface is a little clunky. Overall, huge fan and super appreciative that I got that new years deal on my membership. I've already recommended the service to friends. Thanks a ton OS!!
I like the course I’m in: “Bebop Enclosures”. What I like about it is it is very complete and very consistent. I especially like being exposed to the fundamental prep work needing to be mastered, before tackling enclosures. For a horn (Bb winds) player, this prep work is probably more challenging than it is for a piano player. It's a lot of hard work. What would *really* make the course better for me is if it could be transposed to Bb. This way I could concentrate on trying to master the difficult prep work and not also have to concentrate on transposing (which is difficult). The two difficult things combined, make things very difficult.
Enseñanza muy profesional pero me gustaría que tuviera subtítulos en español
Not what I expected but exactly what I needed
Great methodology, great teachers and a bunch of material to improve my playing, thanks.
Open Studio is rated 4.75 based on 1,139 reviews