Open Studio Reviews

2 - 3 Hours
Read Open Studio Reviews

About Open Studio:

Open Studio - Jazz Lesson from Jazz Legends
Be a better jazz player, guaranteed.

Open Studio provides jazz education from today's leaders in jazz in an easy to use and interactive viewing environment.

+1 314-329-7201

Open Studio 5 star review on 5th June 2021
Elia G
Open Studio 5 star review on 6th May 2021
Gustavo
Open Studio is soup-to-nuts, hands down the best overall online education for aspiring jazzers that I have seen, especially for pianists. Adam Maness's creative direction sets a tone that is positive and purposeful, and his many course offerings provide students with clear roadmaps sprinkled liberally with innovative approaches to practice. The educators offering courses are each superb both as artists and as teachers. The production values are amazing, delivering a casual and intimate feel seamlessly and with the highest quality. And the administrative support on this team simply can't be beat; if you need to adjust your account or have any issues or questions, these folks have you covered. Class act!!!
Posted 53 minutes ago
The videos and teaching materials look great. I'm looking forward to improving my playing with a more structured approach than is possible using only books.
Great free tutorials and all reasonably priced lessons for those that aren't free.
I am very happy to have these courses, here in Mexico it is difficult to find high-level teachers like you I feel that I have improved a lot since the first course I bought 3 years ago I really like how the courses are structured, they are very easy to follow and most importantly, you learn a topic and put it into practice
Gamechanger, Open studio is putting out a lot of valuable information and making it comprehensive for anyone! Thank you!
As a life long musician open studio has been a huge asset to my continuous learning. I have studied West African, Brazilian, and Cuban percussion and have dabbled with anything else that makes noise. Recently while finding myself at home more than normal during the pandemic I took up the piano. I started with alfreds piano books for kids, which allowed to get past my fears of reading music and understanding music theory. I got the all access pass and I love this style of teaching. The emphasis on listening and feeling the music reminds me of learning new percussion rhythm. I luckily self taught myself enough that I can jump into the beginner level courses without being lost, and I am excited I found a curriculum that will inspire me for years to come.
Happiness scale is super! Because I think this will get to the Root and 1-3-7-9-11-13 of my problem in using chords
My Full Notation @ 1/2 speed in My Wynton Kelly Segment does not work ? Also can you give relative Metronome markings for your 60,70, & 80 percent.
It’s been just a week and I’ve learned a lot already. Can’t imagine how much I could learn from you guys in a year! Super happy to be part of the family. Keep up the great work. You guys are contributing to keep the tradition alive.
I'm pretty big on "technical stuff", and the technical exercises I've been playing (along with timing - Open Studio always emphasizes to practice with a metronome) - has really helped my intonation and technique/timing to set me up to tackle more difficult pieces. Rob
Hi. Completely incredible—exactly what I needed. Thanks!
Although I'm still on Wynton Kelly - squeezing out as much juice as I can - I think 'Language of the Masters' is a brilliant idea. It's nice to be in the company of people who respond to this music in the same way I do, and then discuss and illustrate little things that are a great help as I try to assimilate more of 'the language' into my own playing.
Great stuff, great and friendly teachers!
Luvin' my teacher Romero Lumbaba. However, I find the implementation of Sound Slice kind of awkward compared to Sound Slice on Truefire.com. Hard to get the loop ends clean, and it's overall generally fidgety, I think because it's an old version.
Its brilliant but picture stalls some of the time. I've checked with my son who also has it and he said it happens to him too.
Hi, I suscribed to a one year pass during black friday discount, and ... WOW ! Did not have time to spent on site and lessons because i was having some gigs and being very busy since that time, but... This site is great, the amount off great stuff available is fantastic. This one year access for this price is a gift, you guys at Open studio are great musicians, talented, passionated and willing to share their craft, that was already obvious on the youtube channel. So just two words : Thank you ! Worth 5 stars, and 10 on the "recommend" question. Best to all !
Open Studio is one of the few resources not afraid to give you the real secrets and straightforward techniques of the masters. You could do well just watching the free content alone, which is why I'm happy to spend money with them for more in-depth content. They give you the real substance, not just breadcrumbs leading you to your next purchase. I recently picked up the Lubambo method for Bossa Nova guitar and I've already progressed in a way I couldn't have imagined. Thanks Open Studio!
Open Studio 5 star review on 2nd December 2021
Top ! Mais j’aimerais avoir ses traduction en FRANÇAIS ! :)
I’m only at week two, but already I’m making links and thinking about how to achieve progress in a way I never have before. Basically it’s given me to the confidence to stretch my playing. Give it a go!
I am more than happy with Open Studio bass lessons. Christian's lessons and inspiration, and Bob's practice sessions are speeding up my learning.
Open Studio is rated 4.75 based on 1,233 reviews