Open Studio Reviews

2 - 3 Hours
Read Open Studio Reviews

About Open Studio:

Open Studio - Jazz Lesson from Jazz Legends
Be a better jazz player, guaranteed.

Open Studio provides jazz education from today's leaders in jazz in an easy to use and interactive viewing environment.

+1 314-329-7201

Open Studio 5 star review on 17th December 2020
Michael
Open Studio 5 star review on 17th December 2020
Christoph
Bought a course, wasn't as advertised. They refunded quickly though I guess
It's been awesome...Great ideas, performances and topics...
Great demonstrations!
Open Studio is a great resource for any musician looking to grow skills in jazz theory and practice! Excellent teachers sharing so valuable knowledge and a great community of musicians from all over the world!
Enjoyed the JumpStart course with Adam Maness, particularly his guided sessions. Am equally delighted to be doing Jazz Piano for Beginners with Peter Martin. Both courses focus on ear training, hand independence and improvisation. I like that Peter Martin teaches concepts or theory in the context of tunes - from PM Blues to Embraceable You. With the practice sessions suggested at the end of each unit, the onus is on me to do the exercises aimed at improving my jazz piano skills. Overall the lessons are clear and well-structured. I especially like the lesson on 2-5-1. The lesson on Basic Bebop Improvisation is challenging but it motivates me to practice my scales, learn more chords, and use the elements of improvisation. Thank you, Adam and Peter, for setting a good example on how I should play jazz piano. Happy practicing.
I have bought several of Adam Maness video courses and I am very satisfied with the content. It is like a guided tour where I get a thorough introduction to important concepts in jazz piano - and immediately after get to practice them with Adam. This way, I get a precise idea of what to pratice if I want to incorporate the concepts in my playing.
Simply the first time I’ m improving my jazz knowledge so fast !!
I bought drum course. I follow free lessons.i recommend you to all my friends WE LOVE YOU IN ITALY I love ALL YOU DO. THANKS A LOT
A Great opportunity to learn an instrument
I love you openstudio!!! You are the BEST education platform. But I want more discount event, Hehe.
Super great! Love getting questions answered and the guys really know their stuff and love practicing with them it helps me to get out of my head and not be so self critical when they are doing GPS
It is great and I look forward to new courses
I love, love, love Open Studio. I’ve been taking jazz piano lessons for years, learning the art form progressively, but the Open Studio platform has accelerated my improvement by leaps and bounds. I’m finally starting to feel like I can play at a decent level thanks to the Daily Guided Practice lessons, and the various courses I have taken. This program is an amateur musician’s dream come true: excellent content, coupled with daily live classes, live performances, master classes, plus a great community to exchange ideas and learn from.
I am at best an advanced beginning jazz pianist, not yet even a struggling intermediate player. I find that most of the Open Studio's material moves too quickly for me. Still, I often find short segments of Open Studio videos that I can follow and I learn much from them. The one full course that I've taken -- to great effect -- is Adam Maness' ear-training course, which is terrific.
Peter Martin is a monster, I´m happy to watch his lessons. It is being a challenge to learn improvisation but I believe I´m now in the right path. If you have any other classes focused on improv, let me know. Thanks
No thankyoureviewreview
I really love all the resources and videos that Open Studio offers. Always a thrill & laugh to hear the banter of Peter Martin & Adam Maness!
Open Studio is next level. Such clarity, directed instruction, attention to detail. It's amazing! With a bit of self-motivation you could grow so much and so quickly from this world class resource.
Hi, I'm a beginner jazz student. Open studio is great, very exciting, I stopped "piano with Jonny" (which is also good) because of this site. Thnks Zoltan Meran from Hungary
I am very happy with all of the factors which "count" - with one exception. But who's perfect I suppose. I am happy with the staff/musicians, instruction content, methods of content delivery including the visual keyboard aides, cost of course, and more. My only dilemma is finding out how to actually get into the actual course which I signed up for. By this I mean that I have been able to acquire the workbook which seems to summarize the key points within the course but there is no way to move from the workbook over to the actual course. In order to access the actual course, I find that I must go back to one of the instructor's emails and find a link stating something like "Begin Here". If I ever misplaced these key emails, I would never be able to continue on with the course work. Seems odd and maybe an oversight on the part of the web designers (?). Otherwise, thanks for a great course in jazz piano. Hugh Parsons
Open Studio is rated 4.75 based on 1,113 reviews