Open Studio Reviews

2 - 3 Hours
Read Open Studio Reviews

About Open Studio:

Open Studio - Jazz Lesson from Jazz Legends
Be a better jazz player, guaranteed.

Open Studio provides jazz education from today's leaders in jazz in an easy to use and interactive viewing environment.

+1 314-329-7201

Open Studio 5 star review on 17th December 2020
Michael
Open Studio 5 star review on 17th December 2020
Christoph
Very great tool for learning
I am currently doing a busy job and planning to take an exam, so I do not have enough time to watch the video, but that is my priority on the To-Do list of my life: "Play jazz piano like Fred or my style." The course premium includes watch and listen to his performance at the Europe concert, so I purchased it by June 13th. I understood how seriously he is teaching. I am looking forward to watching the course soon.
Amazing contents and platforms. Well worth the money. Love every instructor. They are real pros.
I loved the Fred Hersch lessons
I
Would love to see a course on piano improvisation which is *not* in the tradition of American Jazz.
It’s very good
good info
Great content!
I really like the content. The instruction/demos are a little fast for me. I read that transcriptions were available for some of the courses, but could not find a way to access them. I'm hoping that the transcriptions are for the examples given during the lesson. That would be very helpful.
Hi Kevin. Transcriptions are available for many of the courses as part of the Living Notation video player. You can read more about how to use it here: https://www.openstudiojazz.com/living-notation You will love it!
So many amazing courses that will cater for all levels of jazz piano. This review is specifically for Peter Martin’s “Jazz Piano Method.” Intermediate/ Advanced level. Peter is a world class performer, and breaks down a jazz standard each week, in detail. He offers fantastic advice and suggestions re voicings, soloing, ways to approach the melody, and recordings to check out. Each ore recorded video is used with Sound Slice, a great tool that allows you to slow down, loop any part of the video. Notation of Peter’s playing is on the screen, which you can also loop via sound slice. Camera angle showing his hands from above, is great. If you’re wanting to take your solo jazz piano playing in a new direction, I would highly recommend “The Jazz Piano Method.”
It is just amazing how organized they are, and how well done is everything on the webpage. They really want you to learn, and that’s truly remarkable. Thanks you so very much!!!
Freakin awesome. Learned so much in such little time!
I am starting with the jump start jazz piano class and then will move up to the jazz piano for beginners. I had already started playing piano, started learning some jazz standards, but I felt I wanted my foundations to be more solid. This is the reason I started as a novice on open studio, to make sure I properly understand my intervals and make sure I can HEAR them. I feel following the open studio path is helping me build more confidence. It also forces me to practice every single day, which is something I had trouble with before. Knowing that you have Adam or Peter to practice with every day, in a structured way (very important point!) makes you feel more confident about practicing.
Best jazz site ever, given with passion!
Awesome, keep it going!
I'm very pleased with the clarity of the information. I recommend your website and courses to all levels of 🎹 piano players and other instruments. 👍👍👍
I found myself stucked after years of self-teaching from books, online courses or even live lessons. OS is giving me a new sparkle and... the swing is back!
I was particularly impressed with Adam Manness’ course on Locked Hands. The “Secret Scale” for the V chord in a minor key is an excellent find! I also like the layout of the site and it’s great to be able to get right to the information I’m interested in!
Some new knowledge but i have to do some work on it. I will purchase some more in the near future. R.L.H.
Open Studio is rated 4.75 based on 1,137 reviews