Open Studio Reviews

of reviewers recommend Open Studio
Read Open Studio Reviews

About Open Studio:

Open Studio - Jazz Lesson from Jazz Legends
Be a better jazz player, guaranteed.

Open Studio provides jazz education from today's leaders in jazz in an easy to use and interactive viewing environment.

+1 314-329-7201

Open Studio 5 star review on 30th November 2023
Gilles M
Open Studio 5 star review on 30th November 2023
Gilles M
The lack of pdf transcriptions of Mr. Lubambo's playing in Brazilian Jazz Guitar and the Lubambo Method was surprising and problematic and the biggest shortcoming. I had expected the same level of detailed transcriptions that were included in Mr. Lubambo's video of twenty years ago "Bossa Nova Lick Samples". I was disappointed.
Only accepts creditcard as payment option.
Hi Vinny, Thanks for your feedback. We are actually working to accept additional payment methods for our memberships in the coming months so please check back soon. Best, Dan Martin Co-Founder, Open Studio
Absolutely love Peter Martin and Adam Maness tutorials
a wonderful, informative and humorously channel for all Jazzpiano players. I love it!
Open Studio 5 star review on 21st December 2023
Best jazz learning platform
I've been loving all of the content at Open Studio. I think its an incredible value for what it costs. I couldn't recommend it enough and I give an 11/10.
Thank you!!! Ver good information!!
I from Poland and I'm super excited about jazz. For a few years I felt like I wasn't making any progress, and then suddenly Open Studio… You opened my eyes to music and I finally broke my barrier. Love yall (:
The lessons are good, thank you. The jump into week 2 from week 1 is big. There may need to be intermediate lessons in both weeks to be honest. I'm trying to run it on a kindle which is frustrating. Is there an app that I can use?
Hi Clive, Thanks for the feedback on the jump from week 1 to week 2. I'll pass on to the team. As far using the site on the Kindle, the following factors can ensure you have a great learning experience: fast internet (>10MB/s), a Kindle fire that is fairly new (
I’m just coming back to Open Studio after a hiatus for personal reasons. I’m currently studying the their 7 week jazz course and it’s awesome, the content is great and concepts can be quickly adopted to have you playing in no time. You guys ROCK!
Open Studio 5 star review on 11th December 2023 Open Studio 5 star review on 11th December 2023
Cancelled. Didn't work well on my ipad
I’m really enjoying the open studio pro platform. It’s great to have access to all the previous lessons, and I wish there was an index of what’s covered in each lesson so I can go back and review
I'm slowly going through some bass lessons real good so far
I'm only on week one, but the depth of information and the Adam and Peter's accessibility makes me feel confident that this is going to be worthwhile. I took piano lessons for ten years as a kid, and this is my first foray into jazz. With this course I feel like I'm on the right track and excited to keep learning and improving
Buonasera. Per quanto mi riguarda preferirei qualche altro corso per contrabbasso, ed anche un corso di armonia jazz, con esercizi da svolgere a casa...così da vedere il progressivo miglioramento degli studenti. Anche se sono poco interessato, il corso per pianisti appare il più completo. Saluti Antonio T.
I recently joined as a monthly member and after a few weeks into it, I am very happy that I joined! I've played piano my whole life, but never pursued jazz music. So far, I have worked on some of Adam's courses which have been very helpful in learning my scales in more depth, as well as other theories that I'm not familiar with, but am becoming more familiar with. I like that I can go at my own pace and that I can go back and listen to the video courses over & over, even skip around a bit....depending on what I want to learn that day. Adam's teaching style is fun, clear & quite perfect! Thank you, Adam...thank you Open Studio!
I can't stop telling people about Open Studio! I have wanted to learn jazz piano for years but have felt overwhelmed by how much there is to know. The Jump Start course has given me the confidence to just get started. I find Adam Maness very engaging and motivating and the interaction between him and Peter Martin is relaxed and positive but most importantly they are full of fun! My progress is slow but steady but the most important thing is that I am enjoying it and sticking at it. Great job, guys!
I just started. What appeals to me most (and there’s a lot) is that the student is never at a loss for options for what to do next. This takes away the sense of begin lost and keeps me going. Also, the ability to make music all along the way.
There's so much to like about Open Studio, but most importantly the piano instructors are very enthusiastic and inspiring (in addition to being very talented). I follow the courses in addition to traditional piano lessons and so far it's worked out great. I don't know if I'd recommend it to complete beginners as their sole means of instruction, because it's still important to get personal feedback on small things (posture, touch, etc.). I also still recommend that aspiring jazz pianists look for opportunities to play with others, as there's only so much you can learn from an online community, but this by no means detracts from what Open Studio offers. The most important recommendation I have (hence the four stars) is that an app should be a no-brainer. The organisation of the courses via the website isn't always incredibly clear or easy to navigate and a decent iOS or Android app should make the experience even better.
Great lessons from Sean Jones Navigation the site is a bit challenging, I’d need help: like continuing where I left off, finding my way back to the place I was, and sometimes the page seems to freeze-can’t go forward or back.
Hi Kate, Thanks for your feedback. We are getting poised to launch an entire new version of Open Studio that will include those features you suggest so stay tuned! Regarding the freezing issue, please reach out to our support team at support@openstudiojazz.com and we can help troubleshoot. Best, Dan Martin co-founder, Open Studio
Open Studio is rated 4.7 based on 1,792 reviews