Open Studio Reviews

of reviewers recommend Open Studio
Read Open Studio Reviews

About Open Studio:

Open Studio - Jazz Lesson from Jazz Legends
Be a better jazz player, guaranteed.

Open Studio provides jazz education from today's leaders in jazz in an easy to use and interactive viewing environment.

+1 314-329-7201

Open Studio 5 star review on 30th November 2023
Gilles M
Open Studio 5 star review on 30th November 2023
Gilles M
So far I’m bored with the same exercise at day 4.
Hi Reiko, If you think that there would be a different course that would be a better fit, let us know and we can exchange it for you. Best, Dan Martin Co-Founder, Open Studio
Love the Mu Chord. Beautiful lessons. Thanks!
I just started the warm up chords and I love it
I have been taking jazz piano for years. I came across Open Studio on YouTube and saw that it was different than other groups I had joined previously. I'm not a beginner, so I appreciate that I could explore the different levels. Having the instructors explain things in different ways than I'm used to helped me understand the concepts on different levels. I love the guided practice sessions because they keep me focused on skills I need to work on but might otherwise skip over. The instructors are very skilled musicians too.
Excellent! The information on this course is well presented and highly useful. It Is not ‘paint by numbers’ like some other courses I have seen advertised, but highly musical. It will, of course, require much play time at the piano.
I‘ve lerned so much and the instructors are all very good teachers and mindblowing players
Excelente
The best jazz education site on the planet!
Open Studio 5 star review on 13th January 2024
I think fingering suggestions on some of your lesson pdf's would be helpful. other than that, the material is great. I hope to join Pro after I have built my skills to a higher level.
Clear relevant content that is intellectually stimulating and yet accessible at multiple skill levels.
I’ve had open studio for a week now and it’s been absolutely amazing! I’ve been playing piano for 5 years now and have wanted to really dive deep into Jazz piano and this has allowed me to do that! The lessons are great, teachers are top notch, and the interface is 1000 times better than any other platform I’ve used. I’m not sure if I’m missing it, but if there is a way to have your current lessons in your dashboard for easier access? Then I think it would be near perfect. Thank you! I can’t wait to see where this takes me on my piano journey.
Hi Ryan, We are relaunching our site shortly and will have a super easy way to jump back into the course(s) you have been working on, in addition to bookmarking. Best, Dan co-founder, Open Studio
My experience with Open Studio is very good. There's a lot of value for money - especially if you get the courses on sale, and the instructions and courses are valuable, easy to understand and follow and high quality. I expect to be using a lot of time on the platform in the coming year.
Wonderful Peter Martin Terrific Adam Mannes Jean-Pierre Martin (french writer and pianist amateur)
Useful concepts.
Hi Adriel, Thank you for your review. I'm sorry to hear that you haven't gotten the most out of Open Studio yet. Sorry to see you're still having issues with Living Notation Player. I see I sent you an email in June to try to help troubleshoot. If you'd like to give us another chance, I'd be happy to give you a month of access for free. We take member reviews very seriously. If you want to come back, and you get to a point where you are more satisfied with Open Studio, we would welcome a revision of your review. Click the link below to edit your original review. Kind Regards, Rachel Morgan Dir. of Operations @ Open Studio
What an amazing resource. Thank you to all of you who make this possible. If only I had this in 2012 I would probably have avoided student loans.
The first actual lesson (as opposed to generalized introduction by both persons) seemed more like a demonstration of how the teacher could play riffs and trills and not how a student should see the actual technique of accomplishing them! I came away with no actual explanation regarding how I should practice the observed riffs and trills! But, in defense of the instructor; he probably thinks my skill level is higher than it actually is!
Hi Denny, I just sent you a direct email with some tips on how to get the most of your Open Studio experience. Best, Dan Martin Co-Founder, Open Studio
The content on openstudio is excellent but the website needs some work
Just a few days in and I love the course so far. I can’t wait to see how I improve 💜🙏🏾
It will be a long road ahead for me to master the warm-up exercises in all 12 keys but I love them. Great value for money.
Very easy to follow instructions - however, it does require a modicum of knowledge of music theory. I am very pleased with the exercises and I suspect it will take a good year to master!
Open Studio is rated 4.7 based on 1,792 reviews