Open Studio Reviews

2 - 3 Hours
Read Open Studio Reviews

About Open Studio:

Open Studio - Jazz Lesson from Jazz Legends
Be a better jazz player, guaranteed.

Open Studio provides jazz education from today's leaders in jazz in an easy to use and interactive viewing environment.

+1 314-329-7201

Open Studio 5 star review on 19th January 2021
Costa
Open Studio 5 star review on 17th December 2020
Michael
An absolutely phenomenal platform for learning jazz. The courses are well structured, the teachers are fantastic, and the lessons are super inspiring! I'd give a thousand star review if I could!
I'm an intermediate piano player but decided to try the Jazz Piano Jump-Start. I'm quite satisfied with the course. It's always good to revisit very fundacional concepts with different approaches. The guided practices featured in this course are great.
The best jazz education platform
I loved the Fred Hersch lessons
Hi there! I'm very happy that I found Open Studio. It's an amazing resource for great jazz education at highest professional standards. I'm a professional composer and bass player, but I wanted to switch to piano as my main instrument, and it's a long road, but I know I'm in the right path with Open Studio. Now for the feedback: Adam, the Pentatonics Course is amazing, it has really opened my eyes. But, there's something I would have wished: In the guided practice sessions, let's say "Take the Coltrane") you make the walking and the comping, but you don't play yourself an example of the exercises as you would practice them. I think it would be a great help that you play it once. Thank you very much, you are making and incredible work for jazz education and for musicians who want to take the next step. I'm definitely going to get the Piano Access Pass. Best regards. Gustavo Guardiola
Open Studio 5 star review on 13th April 2021
Cool
I am absolutely loving Open Studio! I am a classically trained pianist who hadn't played piano in 25 years. Two years ago I bought myself a digital piano. I also purchased a year-long online jazz course with Piano Groove. Unfortunately it turned out to be a great disappointment. The lessons moved too quickly and were hard to follow, and plenty of assumptions were made about what I should already be able to do. I was quite surprised at how difficult it was for someone with my level of piano experience to follow. I paid over $300 and only used it a handful of times. This year I did some more research online and found that Open Studio came highly recommended. I purchased the Jazz Piano Jump-Start for novices and it was the perfect choice. I immediately fell in love with the lesson format, the instructors and the ease of navigation through the lessons. Adam Maness and Peter Martin are excellent teachers who clearly love what they do! Each lesson has a structured warm-up, a bit of ear training, an etude study and some time for free play. I really appreciate the focus on ear training and on proper technique. I never thought I could learn to play piano without sheet music, but in just a few weeks I am already starting to make the transition. I also thought I was too old to memorize, but I am learning that it is still possible at 48. Today I did my first lesson with one of the included backing tracks and had so much fun playing along with the accompaniment. My 21 year old daughter, who has never really heard me play piano before, thought I sounded great! All in all, I highly recommend this course. I live out in the middle of nowhere and never thought I'd be able to find a jazz piano instructor where I am. I am so thankful!
Everything is top notch! The teachers, the lessons, the workbooks, the blog,the podcast, the customer service...EVERYTHING IS AMAZING! From beginner to pro level players, there are lessons for everyone! Can't say thank you enough!
I did the Pentatonics course and still working through it to build speed particularly with the triplets and semi quaver patterns. My disappointment was in not having suggested fingering for right hand on all twelve scales. I appreciate that we can work out what is supposedly best for ourselves but written suggestions would have been beneficial in keeping with the support promised.
This has undoubtedly been an incredible investment I’ve made towards my journey in the beautiful genre of learning Jazz piano with teachers Peter & Adam. Learning something online, one is always apprehensive if it’s going to work out, but having been into the course for a month now, I can assure you’d be given sound advice, guidance and the encouragement to learn what books or even the best teachers might not teach you. I’m pleased Open Studio exists and hope it continues to.
If you cannot have a real teacher this is the....very best option
Jazz piano method is by far one of the best online jazz courses out there. Peter Martin gives fantastic weekly lessons, Very informative, applicable and guaranteed to improve your playing! 100 stars ⭐️
I love Open Studios! There is just an unbelievable amount of information and a diversity of offerings for various levels. And Peter and Adam are both wonderful pianists and it is a pleasure to listen to them. Thanks guys!
As the Buddha said, "When the student is ready, the teacher will appear." I'm a low to mid intermediate who has been searching for a structured way to advance to the pro level. Open Studio provided the answer! I'm currently in the 2nd week of the Jump-start class. The knowledge and sincerity of Peter and Adam have inspired me to practice 1-2 hours daily. I purchased the All Access Jazz Piano pass and will strive to complete everything in one year. Did I mention the superb quality of your videos and reference materials? And lastly, your one-hour live Q&A session last Friday alone was worth the price of the All Access Pass. I can't thank you guys enough!
I have recently joined the course "Piano Technique - Pentatonics". It is a good idea to include these exercises into your daily practice and I feel how I'm getting more control and dexterity and I hope I can transfer this to my general playing. Anyway I'm still in the first week of the practice and I hope there will also be some ideas how to use these pentatonic patterns in real jazz pieces or improvisations.
Open Studio is, by far, my favorite online learning site. The instructors are experts at their craft and very easy to follow and engaging through each lesson. I am very happy with my purchases and look forward to many more exciting courses!
Hi there , as for the content I found the website absoloutely on spot If there is one thing that in my opinion could make the experience significantly better is around the explanation in which for example an idea is explained in words and then demonstrated on the piano While the words are easy to understand quite often there where beautifull piano playing ideas that just went too fast and not broken into slow motion digestable examples
Open Studio delivers incredible value with a world-class user interface, high quality production, and top-notch learning tools. Pete, Adam, et al. are consummate professionals delivering creatively designed and well-organized courses, bringing a love instruction with a sense of humor! A long-time student of the piano, I have seen step-function improvement in my playing thanks to Open Studio’s courses. I highly recommend Open Studio to both experienced and aspiring jazz musicians.
I’m not in a rush!! There are no shortcuts. I’ve been a Professional Musician for 55-years. Sax, Flute, and Clarinet. I’m familiar with the Piano because I am an Arranger (Berklee College of Music) Studied Saxophone, with Buddy Collette. I am enjoying the lesson and I feel I found the right place. Can you tell me about the videos on Extensive Ear Training. I believe you mentioned that when I first signed up Thank you, Nick De Mauro
Los vídeos se cortan, dejan de funcionar..!
Open Studio is rated 4.75 based on 1,139 reviews