Opendoor Reviews

of reviewers recommend Opendoor
Read Opendoor Reviews

About Opendoor:

In 2014, we set out to reinvent life’s most important transaction with home sellers and buyers in mind. Since then, we’ve helped thousands of people sell their homes and move in one simple, seamless transaction.

Life’s biggest milestones come with a move. Whether you’re getting married, starting a family, or taking a new job, moving is a natural step towards your dream. But it isn’t easy. Each step is more stressful than the last, and sometimes it seems like everyone but you is in control of your destiny.

Opendoor is here to change that. From selling your current home to choosing your next one, we’ve revolutionized the process to put you at the center of your move. Because we believe only one person should be in charge of how your future unfolds, and that’s you.

community@opendoor.com

Tell us how Opendoor made you happy
I don't usually endorse any company but Open Door was wonderful. I couldn't believe how easy they made the sale of my home and I was extremely pleased with the price I got for my house. It was far more than I expected. Logan my experience coordinator was friendly and knowledgeable and made me feel very comfortable at all times. I would recommend them to anyone selling their home.
The Opendoor team were heaven sent!! The process from start to finish was under 20 days!!! The app , texts and emails made it easy for me to communicate while traveling state to state!! The fillable forms and electronic signature, yaaaazzzz! I swung into a UPS for a print, sign and email. I have encouraged two others to start the process and so far so good!!! I scored and off to start my new journey!! Chelsea, Kenneth and Midtown Law, I am forever grateful 🙏
Opendoor 5 star review on 11th April 2021
(Raleigh) - Posted 4 weeks ago
Thanks for the love, Tanya! We will be sure to share your kind words with the team.
Honestly Covid-19 has completely changed the housing industry. You would think that it would complicate the selling process however Opendoor has adapted and offers flexibility and are ridiculously accommodating " Like ridiculously." I know I am difficult to deal with " not proud it" just " accepting of it. " I worked with John. He was so customer service oriented and easy to speak with it, and more importantly extremely responsive. I will be in the market looking for a home and I will be turning to open-door since the experience has spoiled me and have set a bar of expectations that is difficult for many to meet. I think with this new program, the market will change and I encourage real estate professionals ( to which I am one) to change the way we do things in order to effectively compete and or keep up.
I was skeptical using Open Door (or Zillow) to sell a duplex I owned in Tucson (I live out of state) because I had read some bad reviews. Nevertheless, about six months before my tenant was going to move out I got initial offers from Open Door and Zillow just to see what the market might bear at the time. Not only was Open Door's offer better, but Daniel Nelson, the Open Door rep, was really nice and helpful via email and phone, unlike anyone from Zillow. Because I wouldn't be ready to sell for six months, and Open Door prefers a shorter closing time, Daniel and I agreed we would touch bases in about five months. In the interim, Open Door kept advising me that my initial offer had increased in price (it is a hot market). Once my tenant had vacated, Daniel arranged for Open Door to do an inspection so I could get a final offer with repair costs factored in. All I had to do was leave a key in a lock box and they took care of everything. The final offer was quite good, but I had a broker assess the house as well and tell me what she thought I could get. Although her number was a little bit better, it didn't take into consideration some of the repair costs that Open Door had identified. I went through the repair items carefully and determined that it wasn't worth the risk of going through a longer, more protracted closing through a broker with the risk that an inspection would uncover even more necessary (or buyer desired) repairs. Although I might have squeezed out a few thousand dollars more going with a broker, it wasn't worth the hassle or the risk. Plus, I really needed the cash quickly and Open Door was willing to do a 14 day close. Once I accepted the offer, the escrow and closing was a breeze. The escrow company was awesome and I had complete confidence in the closing officer. Notarizing the documents was a breeze ONLINE and I really was astounded at how easy it was.
(Tucson) - Posted 4 weeks ago
So glad to hear this Deborah. Thanks for letting us know! We're so glad you were able to benefit from the ease and certainty the Opendoor experience provides!
Nothing but an AMAZING experience with Open Door. Albert for AZ did a PHENOMENAL job staying on top of things and making sure my experience was an easy and pleasant one. Like most I was hesitant using a Ebuyer but I promise you they are 100% legit. Got my money within a few days (due to Easter weekend) straight to my bank account. Entire process was just as it states on their site. Apply for virtual walkthrough get offer sign a few paper (all online and a notary to your home for the last part) set close date clean out the house take pictures and get paid. Absolutely loved it and got a lot more then I would of dealing with a realtor. Thank you Open Door and the amazing Title company as well.
Excellent experience.
(Houston) - Posted 1 month ago
We have done a lot of buying and selling of homes over the year since we can't sit still. Of all the experiences we have had, Opendoor made it the easiest. If I ever sell again, I wouldn't even consider using traditional agents or methods again - Opendoor was easy, fast, and extremely convenient to work with.
(Portland) - Posted 1 month ago
great experience! Amanda and her team always had my back. they met my needs above and beyond throughout the process which had some bumps in the road due to my wife's illness. if anyone needs to sell your home, i recommend Opendoor enthusiastically. thank you Amanda et al. Michael Small
(Phoenix) - Posted 1 month ago
Terrible experience with open door!!! I wish I could do zero star! My husband and I were offered 415k+ initially for our house in Georgia, it dropped to 355k -2k for repair for the final offer after we when through all inspections. Our 7 year old house is in very good move in ready condition, and we provided builder documents which has even higher square footage than we initially submitted, but didn't change anything on the final offer. I wonder how opendoor is running business like this, and how they are keeping their promises! Very angry.
We value your feedback and take it seriously. We want to look into this! Please email community@opendoor.com with more information about your experience and the property address.
I chose Open Door because I was working from home, my daughters were going to school virtually and we had multiple animals so I didn't want to show my home and be disrupted in our schedules. I was also recently divorced and I was having issues with keeping the home in tip top shape. Open Door was a life saver! No showings...a few virtual tours, phone calls, emails and the deal was done! I was happy with the price and the process. No complaints!
(San_antonio) - Posted 1 month ago
Open door was a great way to sell the house, it couldn’t have been easier! From the beginning when we requested the offer things were smooth and we closed the house 2 weeks later. The escrow officer was great and the whole experience was awesome! I would recommend Opendoor to anyone whom is selling a house, truly a trouble free experience.
(San_antonio) - Posted 1 month ago
I honestly do not know where to even start. Working with Opendoor was an unbelievable experience from start to finish, to the point where my husband and I are still in awe at how seamless everything went. Our experience partner, Jacob, was incredibly professional, attentive, and accessible the entire time which really ensured our comfort level considering this was our first time working with this type of company. There is absolutely nothing I would recommend for them to modify, as they completely exceeded our expectations and surpassed ALL of the other more traditional options we had initially when initially deciding to place our house on the market. Our home offer was competitive, closing was simple/expedited, and they have remained extremely transparent. It is incredibly rare to find a company that 100% delivers, which was undoubtedly the case with Opendoor. To say it was a blessing and fit our family's needs, to have been able to sell our home through them is simply an understatement. Thank you, thank you, thank you!
Hi Brittany, great to hear you've had a good experience with us! We appreciate you choosing Opendoor for such an important transaction.
(Asheville_nc) - Posted 1 month ago
The process could not have been more simpler. Opendoor provided a fair price and super-easy checkout. By comparison, the realtor I consulted was going to list it for less, and had several upgrade requirements.
It was easy and seamless. I couldn't believe how simple the process was and my coordinator was awesome. From offer to close was 2 weeks.
(Atlanta) - Posted 1 month ago
Our experience was excellent. Our broker, Paul, was very helpful through the whole process. Opendoor did what they said they would do when they said they would do it. We were pleasantly surprised by how painless the whole process was.
(Phoenix) - Posted 1 month ago
Paul was very professional and customer service driven! I found Open Door to be proactive, timely, organized and friendly! They removed the stress and made it smooth and easy to sell my home! I would highly recommend this company! Thanks Again! A satisfied customer Atlanta, GA
It made selling my home very easy!! They gave me a competitive price and did all the repairs!
(Atlanta) - Posted 1 month ago
Go with Opendoor! We actually tried a similar process with another company a few years earlier and we're not impressed, so we had low expectations going into this. We're happy to say that we had a very good experience working with Opendoor! The entire process took less than a month. They worked with a great title company to do the closing. A critical part of the process was their use of software and technology: from the video walkthrough, to the document signing workflow, and the buyer dashboard - the entire process is set up to make things easy for the seller. Do your homework on the value of your home! You will have the option to take the cash offer, or list with them with the cash offer as a backup. If you know how much you need out of the deal, then the choice is clear. However, bear in mind the value of not having to do the following fun things: staging your home, repairs, negotiations, inspections, or having strangers in your home. We set the date of our closing and then were able to focus on packing up our house. We knew that we could rent the house back from Opendoor if we needed extra time, but in the end they actually allowed us to close earlier than initially agreed! The entire process took about a month. In fact, from the day we did our virtual walkthrough to closing was only 21 days. While we're not quite ready to buy a new home, we will definitely consider buying from Opendoor when that time comes. Our Opendoor experience partner was very responsive and did a wonderful job of communicating expectations to us at every step of the way. I have already recommended Opendoor to a friend and would definitely work with them again if the opportunity arises. I did my research into the company before reaching out to them, and while they might sound too good to be true, our experience is that they fulfilled every promise they made and made a huge difference in our lives.
I had great experience with Opendoor. It was the easiest sale we could ever imagine. We got the price that we were looking for and they let us stay in the house for 3 months until our new house was built. Thank you Opendoor.
Opendoor is rated 4.18 based on 1,064 reviews