Opendoor Reviews

of reviewers recommend Opendoor
Read Opendoor Reviews

About Opendoor:

In 2014, we set out to reinvent life’s most important transaction with home sellers and buyers in mind. Since then, we’ve helped thousands of people sell their homes and move in one simple, seamless transaction.

Life’s biggest milestones come with a move. Whether you’re getting married, starting a family, or taking a new job, moving is a natural step towards your dream. But it isn’t easy. Each step is more stressful than the last, and sometimes it seems like everyone but you is in control of your destiny.

Opendoor is here to change that. From selling your current home to choosing your next one, we’ve revolutionized the process to put you at the center of your move. Because we believe only one person should be in charge of how your future unfolds, and that’s you.

community@opendoor.com

Tell us how Opendoor made you happy
Opendoor 5 star review on 23rd October 2021
Opendoor 5 star review on 3rd September 2021
Russell
Opendoor 5 star review on 3rd September 2021
Russell
Opendoor made the whole process so easy and stress free!! From the first initial contact to the final closing and turning in the keys someone was available every step of the way to answer questions or keep up updated. The whole process was seamless start to finish and once we closed we had the funds in less than 1 business day.
That’s amazing to hear, Sally! Thank you for your kind words and for trusting Opendoor with such an important transaction. We are always excited to read such positive reviews and we would be honored if you would like to share your story with us by sending an email to support@opendoor.com.
Easy to sell. No open houses and no falling out of escrow. OpenDoor is a large company that buys with cash. Fast and efficient and they gave us a good price. Highly recommend.
(Los_angeles) - Posted 3 weeks ago
Thanks for spreading the word about Opendoor, Noel, and we are happy to hear that you've had a great experience with us! We would be honored if you would like to share more of your story with us at support@opendoor.com. Have a wonderful day!
We are very satisfied with service & very professional way doing business.
(Dallas) - Posted 3 weeks ago
Rita, this is so great to hear! We strive to offer the best services to our customers and your kind words mean so much to us. We would be honored if you would like to share your story with us by sending an email to support@opendoor.com. Thanks for taking the time to write this review and have a wonderful day!
My experience went very well. We were able to work together and all my questions were answered.
(Riverside) - Posted 3 weeks ago
Hello Raul, It’s so great to hear that you've had a good experience with us! If you wish to share more of your story or ask any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us at support@opendoor.com. Thanks for taking the time to share this, and please have a wonderful day!
I would not sell any other way!!
(Houston) - Posted 3 weeks ago
We are very happy to hear this, Dot! We're so glad you were able to benefit from the ease and certainty the Opendoor experience provides and we are thankful for wanting to share this experience. Please send us an email with your story at support@opendoor.com. Thank you for choosing Opendoor for such an important transaction!
Very professional and quick; real asset
(Tampa) - Posted 3 weeks ago
Thanks for spreading the word about Opendoor, Alan, and we are happy to hear that you've had a great experience with us! We would be honored if you would like to share more of your story with us at support@opendoor.com. Have a wonderful day!
Quick sale
(Columbia_sc) - Posted 3 weeks ago
Thank you for supporting what we do, Khizer, and we're happy to hear that you've had a great experience with us. We would be honored if you would like to share your story in more detail by sending an email to support@opendoor.com. Have a wonderful day!
The entire process exceeded my expectations. The representative that I worked with was knowledgeable and a pleasure to work with. In fact, everyone that I worked with were professional.
Hi S. Johnson, It’s so great to hear that you've had a good experience with us! If you wish to share more of your story or ask any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us at support@opendoor.com. Thanks for taking the time to share this, and please have a wonderful day!
I am an agent in the Atlanta area. Open Door is a joke. They sent a cancellation notice to my client the day AFTER we closed and completely wasted my time and my clients time. my client lost a ton of money. He had other offers on the table and we selected Opendoor because we thought it would be smooth. What a mistake!!!!!! We could never get anyone on the phone. The entire situation was an absolute nightmare.
We value your feedback and would like to investigate this further. Would you please send us an email describing the issue with your name and property address to resolution@opendoor.com?
Not too long ago 3225 58th Street was a nice little Tahoe Park house just right for a family. Its neighborhood was relatively free of problems. Then the nice family that lived there had to relocate out of state and they sold the house to an out of state, digital, real estate company called Opendoor. In the five months they've owned it Opendoor neglected the house letting it fall into the hands of vagrants, prostitutes, and drug users. Opendoor refused to respond to calls from neighbors, and even the police to correct the situation until the city was forced to board up the house. Now the boarded up house sits empty and sad. Thanks to Opendoor our neighborhood has become less safe and this is what greets visitors to the house.
Thank you for taking the time to send this to us. We have forwarded this over to the appropriate team and they are actively engaging with security and law enforcement at this time.
By far the most streamlined and efficient real estate transaction ever! Selling to Opendoor alleviated all of the typical hassles and headaches associated with a home sale. Very pleased!
(Reno_nv) - Posted 3 weeks ago
Nick, thank you so much for your kind words! We strive to provide a great customer experience with Opendoor and your feedback is incredibly fulfilling to us. If you would like to share more of your story or if you have any questions at all, please don’t hesitate to contact us at support@opendoor.com. It is our honor to help you!
Better company that I that. So happy I sold my house through the Opendoor. I worked with two people which both were wonderful. Mr Robert Vamou and Oscar from Tittle company. I recommend Opendoor. Thank you Robert and Oscar.
(Colorado_springs_co) - Posted 3 weeks ago
We are very happy to hear this, Siamak! We're so glad you were able to benefit from the ease and certainty the Opendoor experience provides and we are thankful for wanting to share this experience. Please send us an email with your story at support@opendoor.com. Thank you for choosing Opendoor for such an important transaction!
Opendoor made the experience as fun and easy as it could be!
(Tampa) - Posted 3 weeks ago
Thanks for spreading the word about Opendoor, Gregory, and we are happy to hear that you've had a great experience with us! We would be honored if you would like to share more of your story with us at support@opendoor.com. Have a wonderful day!
With a large family over 60 years of marriage we had a lifetime of buying and selling homes and dealing with real estate agents. Until selling to OpenDoor this year (2021) I never realized that 99% of my stress and anxiety was actually coming from the real estate agents, themselves. I think OpenDoor taught me why: real estate agents (as opposed to OpenDoor employees) are working for huge commissions often doing very little, and even when they do a lot, they cause the client stress because they are relying on so much money from your house sale. I’m assuming since OpenDoor employees are salaried, they are able to treat everyone more equally and without that stress & pressure. From late checkout (leaseback) to quick offers & closing, this was the greatest real estate experience of my life, and I can’t see why anyone would use an agent again. OpenDoor takes their fee, but it’s the same % an agent takes, and the repair fee is fair and honest. I see why this stock is soaring. I think it’s the way of the future. People who are salaried and working in a balanced way - not strong-arming you to make sure they get their commissions. They also never left me hanging with worries and replied to my emails immediately. Thank you, OpenDoor.
Thank you very much for sharing your story, Odile! We strive to provide a great customer experience with Opendoor and your kind words are incredibly valuable to us. We appreciate you choosing Opendoor for such an important transaction.
I chose to use Opendoor for the second time. The process is easy and the staff are always available to answer questions. The website is easy to follow and they are very flexible with the option of late checkout which I ended up needing due to a construction delay.
(Las_vegas) - Posted 4 weeks ago
Hi Lisa, It’s so great to hear that you've had a good experience with us! If you wish to share more of your story or ask any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us at support@opendoor.com. Thanks for taking the time to share this, and please have a wonderful day!
Opendoor took all the stress out of selling my house away. It was truly a better experience than I had even imagined.
Hi Steven, It’s so great to hear that you've had a good experience with us! If you wish to share more of your story or ask any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us at support@opendoor.com. Thanks for taking the time to share this, and please have a wonderful day!
My wife and I engaged Opendoor to potentially buy our home. The intial offer (provided on 10/29) was very close to the estimates from both Realtor.com (Opendoor was within 10%) and Zillow.com (within 1 percent) -- I understand those are estimates, not offers -- but that should set ballpark expectations. No issues there... We had the virtual walkthrough on 11/4, no red flags. Received the "final" offer on 11/8 -- the offer had dropped 30 (THIRTY) percent, with absolutely no justification. Minimal repair costs were noted, and much less closing cost that I had expected. The average home price, in Missouri, has increased 30 percent since we purchased our home -- but somehow, Opendoor only values this property at a 5% increase. Any justification provided as to the rationale for the precipitous drop should have been determined prior to the intial offer being made (it is all public information). Obviously, we will not be using Opendoor
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us! A negotiation doesn’t reach a common ground every time, but we are constantly improving our services and we would like to look into this further for you. Please reach out to contact@opendoor.com with your name, property address, and the details of your experience so we can investigate this situation.
My husband and I had a fantastic experience selling with Opendoor! We were unsure how it would all turn out but it was a pleasant experience, so easy, and relaxed. It felt like it was impossible that a sale could go so easily!
(Phoenix) - Posted 1 month ago
Annette, thank you so much for your kind words! We strive to provide a great customer experience with Opendoor and your feedback is incredibly fulfilling to us. If you would like to share more of your story or if you have any questions at all, please don’t hesitate to contact us at support@opendoor.com. It is our honor to help you!
I got a good offer for my house. They were available whenever I had questions. I had no issues. I would recommend Opendoor.
(Raleigh) - Posted 1 month ago
Hi Joann, It’s so great to hear that you've had a good experience with us! If you wish to share more of your story or ask any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us at support@opendoor.com. Thanks for taking the time to share this, and please have a wonderful day!
Opendoor is stress free, I would highly recommend.
Thanks for spreading the word about Opendoor, Delsa, and we are happy to hear that you've had a great experience with us! We would be honored if you would like to share more of your story with us at support@opendoor.com. Have a wonderful day!
Opendoor is rated 4.37 based on 2,003 reviews