Opendoor Reviews

of reviewers recommend Opendoor
Read Opendoor Reviews

About Opendoor:

In 2014, we set out to reinvent life’s most important transaction with home sellers and buyers in mind. Since then, we’ve helped thousands of people sell their homes and move in one simple, seamless transaction.

Life’s biggest milestones come with a move. Whether you’re getting married, starting a family, or taking a new job, moving is a natural step towards your dream. But it isn’t easy. Each step is more stressful than the last, and sometimes it seems like everyone but you is in control of your destiny.

Opendoor is here to change that. From selling your current home to choosing your next one, we’ve revolutionized the process to put you at the center of your move. Because we believe only one person should be in charge of how your future unfolds, and that’s you.

community@opendoor.com

Tell us how Opendoor made you happy
DO NOT EVER BUY A HOUSE FROM OPENDOOR. They scammed us out of $1500.00 by falsely advertising a house with no known issues. They tried to push a quick sale, demanded $1500 due diligence and $1500 earnest money up front. We paid $1142.00 to have an inspection done and found a multitude of problems, from foundation damage, faulty rigged electrical work in the crawl space, active mold and fungi in the crawl space, septic system lines were damaged and the septic was missing a drain that should have been installed in the 90's, cloudy water from well (still pending testing back), deck was not done to code and was unleveled with improper rail spacing, leaking plumbing in the house into the cabinets, stairwell railing not secure in the wall and sheetrock damage where it had come off, needing a new roof, damaged siding, warped windows from water damage, amongst the house needing updates inside. When we challenged this, they opted to keep our due diligence money and send us on our way. -Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Our total payout was based on a foundation issue, AC unit replacement and some updating on flooring which resulted in several thousand dollars deducted from our original estimate. Only the flooring and some paint was completed. Leaving a new buyer with existing issues that Opendoor was suppose to remedy. Highly disappointed with the process and will not recommend Opendoor to anyone.
We're sorry to hear about your experience with Opendoor, and if we’ve fallen short of your expectation of us we'd like to look further into it. Please reach out at community@opendoor.com with your best contact information and property address.
I had a good experience purchasing the house with Open Door, besides they gave me 1% back which it came in very handy towards closing cost
. Thanks a lot for all your help.
We love hearing stories like these! Thanks for taking the time to share, David.
My initial experience with Opendoor was good. Customer service was fantastic and response time were always prompt when I was looking into actually purchasing my house. Once I got into contract with them and it was time for me to get an appraisal and inspection done I was told to contact them when I arrived to get the code to get into the house and it was hard to get ahold of my sales individual. There were quite a few repairs to be done to the house that surprisingly Opendoor agreed to fix. Now I have been living in my house for a month and the so called repairs that they said they fixed are all breaking or they were half a**ed done. So now I am running into more issues from their “repairs” than I would’ve if I just moved in without them touching anything. Oh and they never pulled permits for what they should’ve.
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We are sorry we didn't meet your expectations and want to look into this. Please reach out at community@opendoor.com with your property address so we can further evaluate this situation.
Working with OpenDoor was a seamless experience. Sure there are advantages to traditional sales but we were in a crunch and needed to get our house sold before closing in our new one. They did everything for us! This process removed all stress!!
(Orlando) - Posted 6 months ago
Annemarie, great to hear you've had a positive experience with Opendoor! Thank you for choosing Opendoor for such an important transaction.
Open door is definitely the best way to sell your home. Very easy and friendly and courteous and knowledgeable staff. Very highly recommended opendoor.
(Charlotte) - Posted 6 months ago
That's amazing to hear! We strive to provide a great customer experience with Opendoor and your feedback is incredibly valuable to us. Thanks for taking the time to share this, Jude.
Very pleasant experience. They were very helpful
(Phoenix) - Posted 6 months ago
Glad to hear you had a positive experience with us Kathy. We appreciate your feedback!
I believe this company is for sellers Definitely NOT for buyers . They make everything so difficult. They don’t accept FHA loans (treat people like trash who have them ) they want conventional loans only . Calling them , it’s a call center so you never get the same person . Was told a house had no offers then once we made one it was all of a sudden “under contract”. On a 2nd home it was stated they are accepting FHA loans and once we sent our offer they retracted the acceptance of FHA loans . Buying a home is frustrating and emotionally exhausting and to deal with this company has made it completely undesirable. If you’re buying I strongly suggest you avoid looking at homes that are Open door.
We value your feedback and take it seriously. We want to look into this! Please email community@opendoor.com with more information about your experience and the property address.
Very nice experience
(Phoenix) - Posted 6 months ago
Thanks for sharing, Thomas!
Opendoor really did make the process easy. With two kids under two and two dogs as well as working from home the last thing I wanted was showings.
Even during an uncertain time they really pulled through for us.
Thank you Opendoor!
(Atlanta) - Posted 6 months ago
We're delighted to hear you've had a good experience with Opendoor Sara. We appreciate you spreading the word about Opendoor!
Opendoor made the process simple for me. Kept me informed, straightforward communication and returned phone calls when I had questions. So simple to work directly with their people to determine what needed to be done, and what didn't. I would definitely recommend them if you are getting ready to sell your home.

I was very pleased with the overall process of selling my home to Opendoor and the price that I received for my home. (and no showings!)

N Jones
(Phoenix) - Posted 6 months ago
We love hearing stories like these! Thanks for taking the time to share, Nancy.
Amazing from four to closing
Thanks for sharing, Aaleeah!
Opendoor team is super responsive. They paired me with a great realtor. Made the process more simplified that what I was expecting. I would recommend buying a house through them.
That’s fantastic to hear David, thanks for sharing your experience with us. 💙
Amazing customer service, hassle free, everything went very smoothly
(Houston) - Posted 6 months ago
Thrilled to hear that Kristin. Thanks for the positive review! We wish you all the best in this next chapter!
Liars, cheaters, dishonest. Signed contract with no disputes. Escrow and title paperwork completed. Then they send out blanket general email they are canceling offers. This was not an offer!!!It was signed accepted contract. Spend one week calling and emailing with zero response. Then after speaking they send cancel letter and decide they can cancel and escrow goes back to buyer. WTF? Why have contracts if you can cancel with no agreements. Here is the thing- Lennar and Opendoor are owned by same corporation. The escrow I put with Lennar will not allow me to cancel without lost of my deposit escrow. Opendoor is using world epidemic to hide behind. Said they do not want to put their agents at risk which I would understand. The hypocrisy comes into play is that they are still selling houses using same agents. Total liars!!! Notified BBB and Florida Attorney General for breaking contract and not forfeiting escrow.
We completely understand your frustration at this time. Please send us an email at community@opendoor.com with your property address so our team can ensure your situation is getting the appropriate attention. Thank you.
Yvette Johnson is a highly professional, highly competent, listing agent. She was kind and patient with my client's lender issues and worked with us until resolution. Has been a true pleasure working with her and I highly recommend her as a top agent with Open Door!

Ruth Wood, HomeRiver Group Tampa, Realtor
Ruth, Thanks for the positive feedback and we appreciate you spreading the word about Opendoor!
I could not believe how easy it was to sell through Opendoor. We had an issue with a lien showing on our records. They were patient and kind throughout the whole process.
The offer was generous, especially since my husband had not been able to make updates and our house was not immaculate. We were happy with the results.
(Charlotte) - Posted 6 months ago
So glad to hear this Barbara. Thanks for letting us know! We're so glad you were able to benefit from the ease and certainty the Opendoor experience provides!
Open door employees are rude and treated me horribly. Wouldn’t extend my closings 5 days. I asked for the extension on the day they accepted my full price offer. They tried to cash the check three times now. Cheaters and scammers. DO NOT WORK WITH THEM.
do not ever try to do business with this company. they operate their business with a tactic called "bait and switch." they initially make a fake offer that they're not willing to stand behind. then, when it's time for them to live up to the obligations they've made, they randomly cancel their offer. they will then call the customer back telling them they will get them in touch with another company that will pay as much as $100k less than their initial fake offer. this is a dishonest business practice that car dealerships got in trouble for operating a number of years ago. opendoor has adopted this unethical business practice as one of their core company principles. do not try to sell your house or buy one through this completely dishonest company.
Trevor Hendricks #1 in my book from sales he goes above and beyond thanks
Thrilled to hear that Russell. Thanks for the positive review! We wish you all the best in this next chapter!
Opendoor is rated 4.01 based on 748 reviews