Opendoor Reviews

of reviewers recommend Opendoor
Under an hour
Read Opendoor Reviews

About Opendoor:

In 2014, we set out to reinvent life’s most important transaction with home sellers and buyers in mind. Since then, we’ve helped thousands of people sell their homes and move in one simple, seamless transaction.

Life’s biggest milestones come with a move. Whether you’re getting married, starting a family, or taking a new job, moving is a natural step towards your dream. But it isn’t easy. Each step is more stressful than the last, and sometimes it seems like everyone but you is in control of your destiny.

Opendoor is here to change that. From selling your current home to choosing your next one, we’ve revolutionized the process to put you at the center of your move. Because we believe only one person should be in charge of how your future unfolds, and that’s you.

Tell us how Opendoor made you happy
In what city did you work with Opendoor (e.g. Phoenix, Nashville)? Atlanta
Your Name: Saniyal Hirani
The process was super easy and painless. Can not believe it was this easy.
(Atlanta) - Posted 2 months ago
We love hearing stories like these! Thanks for taking the time to share, Saniyal.
How did you work with Opendoor? I sold my home to Opendoor
In what city did you work with Opendoor (e.g. Phoenix, Nashville)? Holly springs
Your Name: Chris
It was easier than I was expecting,I was worried about marks on the walls when moving out. I did not put any holes in the wall.but I am sure of some suffs,I guess no problem I got my escrow in about a week!!
(Raleigh) - Posted 2 months ago
That's wonderful feedback to hear, Christopher! We always strive to provide a great customer experience with Opendoor and your feedback is incredibly valuable to us. Thanks for taking the time to share!
What a great experience! With Opendoor's Trade-in program we sold our existing home, found our new home and closed on both within 24 days from the time we accepted Opendoor's purchase offer. Opendoor lending made the mortgage process easy and comfortable. All of the Opendoor staff we worked with were friendly and professional. Great Job Opendoor! We really appreciated the way you walked us through the whole process!
Scott & Debbie, We're delighted to hear you've had a good experience with Opendoor and Opendoor Home Loans. We appreciate you spreading the word about Opendoor!
Opendoor was an awful experience for my husband and I. Long story short (as it could be very long). I am a realtor and this was my first time dealing with Opendoor. I hope it will be the last. This transaction was for my husband and I. We get under contract and per Opendoor's policy, BUYER NOT ALLOWED to check the septic system. The buyer (per GAR contract) is allowed to check ALL components of house when in the Due Diligence Period. Septic system problems can get very pricey, upwards to $20,000! This in itself is extremely shady and awful for ANY buyer. My hubby and I went forward with the transaction anyways and found a lot of issues wrong with the house. Opendoor gave us $550 and denied everything else. I had to FIGHT to get all Closing Costs paid out of the starting gate. If I didn't, we probably would have had 2K or 3K paid if lucky. We ended up Closing on the house and had our septic company come out the day after. The septic tank was almost overflowing and was NEVER pumped or inspected, even though Opendoor told me that it was pumped and had a inspection letter that was given to them. Opendoor is shady and if you have a choice to go deal with someone else, do it!
We want all of our clients to have the best possible experience with Opendoor, if we've fallen short we want to make it right. Please reach out at community@opendoor.com so we can investigate.
In what city did you work with Opendoor (e.g. Phoenix, Nashville)? Atlanta
Your Name: Joe
Extremely easy and fair process. Would highly recommend them over the traditional selling process any day! I saved a ton of time and headache with fixing up the house to sell, trying to sell through a real estate agent and I saved a lot of money by not having to do either.
(Atlanta) - Posted 2 months ago
So glad to hear this Joseph. Thanks for letting us know! We're so glad you were able to benefit from the ease and certainty the Opendoor experience provides!
Very easy process so far. Great job Opendoor.
Thrilled to hear that, Thanks for the positive review! We wish you all the best in this next chapter!
You cannot tell me this company doesn't have any negative reviews!!! I find that hard to believe. They sent a so called "great realtor." I think they meant a conman!! I own my home outright and should have the right to decide NOT to sell. This so called realtor (which he is not) took advantage of me and my situation. Now he has put a so called "cloud" on the deed to MY HOME OF 19 YEARS!!!!!!! Because of his greediness I am about to loose everything. I have had to hire an attorney!!! I feel Opendoor should be responsible for their so called " realtor" as they referred to, more like a GREEDY CONMAN!!!! DO NOT WORK WITH THIS COMPANY.......SELLER BEWARE!!!!!!!!!!
Hi there,

We apologize for what sounds like a very frustrating situation. Our team would like to look into this immediately. Please email community@opendoor.com with the property address and as much information as possible. Thank you!
Had rental home 200 miles from where we live. Didn’t want to get into the whole sales process. Was offered a fair price, closed in 21 days. No hassles. We were happy.
Great to hear you've had a positive experience with Opendoor! Thank you for choosing Opendoor for such an important transaction.
In what city did you work with Opendoor (e.g. Phoenix, Nashville)? Jacksonville
The entire experience was a good.
(Jacksonville) - Posted 2 months ago
Thanks for sharing, Chris!
Like dealing with robots. They have no idea what they’re doing- basically just like dealing with dumb customer service people. They price too high and take advantage of both buyers and sellers. Cheaper to let a real estate agent handle too.
Sorry to hear this, and thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us. If you would like to please email community@opendoor.com with more information about your experience and the property address so we can better understand how our teams can improve.
I had a good experience especially the freedom to view the property as many times it took to make a decision to buy.
We’re always happy to hear about the positive experiences our customers have with us. Thank you for sharing Manuela!
In what city did you work with Opendoor (e.g. Phoenix, Nashville)? Raleigh
Your Name: Ray Watkins
We have been through 3 home sales. This was by far the quickest and smoothest we have experienced.
(Raleigh) - Posted 2 months ago
That’s fantastic to hear Rayford, thanks for sharing your experience with us.
Your Name: Dominic C.
Late July, I contacted opendoor to purchase my home. Like most, I was skeptical of the process. Within 1 week an advisor came to our home to give us a real estimate of my home. The purchase price was actually nore than I was expecting to get. 4 months after the offer, I found a new home and sold my home to open door. The staff was very kind. They called periodically to schedule closing and each time we pushed the date back and there was no hassle. Closing was a breeze and checkout was simple. I would to share more of my story and speak to a staff member to rave about my experience.
(Jacksonville) - Posted 2 months ago
That's amazing to hear! We strive to provide a great customer experience with Opendoor and your feedback is incredibly valuable to us. Thanks for taking the time to share this, Dominic.
In what city did you work with Opendoor (e.g. Phoenix, Nashville)? Fresno Texas
Your Name: Salim
Very good offer, everything was so easy right from beginning. It was my first house that I bought in 2013 but my family grew so we needed more space after finding new home I wanted to sell this house. I can Say it was a 5 star service
(Houston) - Posted 2 months ago
Thrilled to hear that Salim. Thanks for the positive review! We wish you all the best in this next chapter!
I'm giving a 2 star rating so far because I only started the selling process. I've read the reviews and I gotta say it doesn't make me feel like it's gonna go well. This company comes across as heartless and only about money and not customer service. I hope I'm wrong..
Jess, Sorry to hear this, and thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us. If you would like please email community@opendoor.com with more information about your experience and the property address so we can better understand how our teams can improve.
Where to start? Do not buy from this company they screwed us over all the way til the closing day! Told us if we paid full asking price we would get a stainless steel package that meant the cheapest model stove in black w stainless trim and the cheapest dishwasher on a 264,000$ home was promised a lot and given nothing! They stopped caring for the property as soon as they excepted my bid even tho I was not able take over possession for 30 days the hot water heater was broke pool had major problems fans and lights ddnt work and I was expected to pay the home warranty for repairs. Crappy co crappy services!
Thanks for letting us know about this Shera. This is not the experience we strive to deliver at Opendoor. Please reach out at community@opendoor.com so we can look into this matter!
I bought and sold with Opendoor. I really should write 2 reviews. Selling was a 5 star experience very easy and efficient. Both the gentlemen who did my home inspections were so great. Buying on the other hand was a 1 star experience. We didn’t specifically go out looking for an Opendoor home it just happened to be the home he loved. We used a realtor to help us find a home which did make us exempt from all monetary extras. It does say that on their website. The reason they get 1 star is when we submitted the offer we said we wanted the 15 year old upstairs carpet changed. They excepted our offer only wanting to change our close date. It was written in bold letters they excepted all other terms. When it came time for me to sign the contract my realtor could not find the paper about the carpet. When she called to ask about this they told her They would discuss it after the due diligence period. Which of course meant no new carpet. I thought this was very sneaky if they had just been upfront and said no we will not replace the carpet it would’ve been fine. There are a few things after our own inspection that needed to be repaired. Open door only gave us $150 to repair the dishwasher and toilet. Just know that these homes are very much as is. And even though I lost money by having my own realtor I am grateful she was there because she had to be on top of them constantly to make sure things were done. It would’ve been a very hard process to go alone.
We're sorry that this was your experience Stephanie, and thanks for letting us know. Please reach out at community@opendoor.com so we can look into this further!
We found THE house and absoluetly fell in love with it. I hated to let it go but I got tired of going back and fourth. Opendoor would not work with us AT ALL. There were very simple fixes. If you want me to pay full price plus closing costs the very least you could do is fix the minor issues. After a while we gave up and began looking elsewhere and found another home. Upon terminating the contract they asked what could be done to save the contract?!? Absolutely nothing! You wasted the most valuable thing I have, MY TIME.
We strive to give everyone a great experience, and we are sorry you did not receive one. Could you please reach out at community@opendoor.com so we can investigate? Thanks a lot!
My Open Door offer was well below the market value. I had to wait a little longer, but I sold my home for $30k more than the offer Open Door gave me. Well worth any hassles of showing or keeping the house clean.
Josh, I’m sorry to hear your experience with Opendoor was less than stellar. Your feedback matters to us. Please email community@opendoor.com with more information about your experience and the property address so our team can learn more.
Open door completely bait and switched us. We reached out to them with practical reasons why our home offer was way under "fair market value" and they responded with an updated offer of $50,000 higher! We were thrilled, though it was still far under the market value, it would allow us to pay off our mortgage and move on quickly, which is what we really needed at this time. Well...we went out and put in an offer on a condo, that is now under contract...and just today, day 5 of our 6 day promised time allotment, they decided to retract their offer and go back to their original offer, taking the $50,000 off yet again. They are scammers and worse really, messing with people's lives in a terribly unjust way! They should be shut down!!
Opendoor is rated 4.14 based on 638 reviews