Opendoor Reviews

83% of reviewers recommend Opendoor

About Opendoor: In 2014, we set out to reinvent life’s most important transaction with home sellers and buyers in mind. Since then, we’ve helped thousands of people sell their homes and move in one simple, seamless transaction.

Life’s biggest milestones come with a move. Whether you’re getting married, starting a family, or taking a new job, moving is a natural step towards your dream. But it isn’t easy. Each step is more stressful than the last, and sometimes it seems like everyone but you is in control of your destiny.

Opendoor is here to change that. From selling your current home to choosing your next one, we’ve revolutionized the process to put you at the center of your move. Because we believe only one person should be in charge of how your future unfolds, and that’s you.

Click Here

Tell us how Opendoor made you happy

Under an hour
"I couldn’t have handled the stress of selling my home and coordinating the purchase and close date if I had to do it the old-fashioned way. Opendoor made my hard work pay off by taking the stress out of selling our first home and buying our new one with the smoothest process and on the exact close date I needed. I will be a lifetime customer."
Sarah, great to hear you've had a positive experience with Opendoor! Thank you for choosing Opendoor for such an important transaction.
"It was a seamless process. Someone was always available to help. If I sell my home again; I will definitely use Opendoor again."
That's awesome! Happy to hear that. Thanks for sharing your feedback with us!
"We recently sold our home to Opendoor, and it was a flawless process. From start to finish everyone we dealt with was friendly and courteous. The offer for our house was above what we expected and in line with what homes similar to ours were selling for in our neighborhood. No open houses, strangers coming and looking at your home. It worked perfect for us. Thank you Opendoor."
We love hearing stories like these! Thanks for taking the time to share, Mike and Patti.
"Buyer Beware. My wife and I recently purchased a home from open door in Queen Creek Arizona. Let’s just say the service has been anything but favorable. We had the home inspected and forward the punch list to open door. Remember earlier I stated we moved into Queen Creek Arizona. Our inspector discovered that the air conditioning system in the home was malfunctioning. We contacted open door to have them repair it, initially they refused. Open door Was provided with additional items that they agreed to repair prior to closing to which they knowingly and willingly failed to do so. Specifically the bathtub in the master bedroom needed the mixer valve replaced because cold and hot water was not mixing through the faucet. They agreed to fix it but failed to do so nor could they provide a receipt proving that they acted on their word and contract. We had a refrigerator delivered that had water and ice dispenser in the door. When it was hooked up there was no water coming from the waterline. We looked under the kitchen sink and discovered that a plumber had been under there and buried the waterline when he was attempting to repair a backed up sink. Upon moving into the home, we discovered the dishwasher, sink and garbage disposal backed up into the sink after running for approximately 2 1/2 minutes. Open door failed to report that there was clearly a plumbing issue in the home and hid the fact that they attempted to repair it and failed. When a company Refuses to knowingly and willingly fix and air conditioning system in the middle of the desert, you know they are unscrupulous. Emails and phone calls have gone on unanswered. There will be absolutely no more attempts to ask them to do the right thing. Next stop legal action and various complaints filed with local and state agencies ."
Hi Rob,

Please send an email to community@opendoor.com with the property address. We will have our team take a look. We apologize for what sounds like a very frustrating situation.
How did you work with Opendoor? I sold my home to Opendoor
In what city did you work with Opendoor (e.g. Phoenix, Nashville)? Saint Augustine
"Easy, professional and fast. Really got a fair price for my house."
(Jacksonville) - Posted 2 months ago
Terry, We appreciate your kind feedback!
How did you work with Opendoor? I sold my home to Opendoor
In what city did you work with Opendoor (e.g. Phoenix, Nashville)? lithia springs
"A great company to work with and there team members were very helpful in making the whole selling process as easy as it could be. I would recommend open door to anyone want to sell their home ."
(Atlanta) - Posted 2 months ago
Joseph, Happy to hear that and even happier you took the time to tell us! Thanks for spreading the word!
In what city did you work with Opendoor (e.g. Phoenix, Nashville)? Tucson
"A great experience. I would do it again."
(Tucson) - Posted 2 months ago
Wonderful to hear that it worked for you! Thanks for sharing your experience Edward.
"Do not use this company because they are only interested in money & getting your home. They came to do an inspection, a crew came they were all over my house. Im rhe type of person that likes to see what their doing but, I couldn't because there was 1 checking hvac, 1 checking rhe attic, 1 checking appliances & inside/outside our home. They basically sabotaged our home by removing screws, gutter elbows removed & weren't put back properly, our shutters looked as if they were damaged & coming off our home, which they weren't, they made up a repair bill of over $7,200 eventhough we left paint/ tile/flooring. We were suppose to receive a $500 credit which we did not! I believe they used the flooring because I actually went back & saw the inside. Please do not use these people, we got ripped off, not just by them but another well known realtor, Mark Spain! He received almost 10k & fir what fir listing iur hime on the market which we have no proof!!! Everyone received more money than we did! Beware of companies like this... sell your home by yourself so that you will receive top dollar! We only got a little over 4k, no equity, no nothing! We needed to sell fast & we were really under duress, so everyone took advantage of our situation!"
Hi Elaine,

We apologize for what sounds like a frustrating experience. Please email community@opendoor.com with the property address if you are still waiting on your credit. We can assure you that this is not standard practice and we will be sharing your feedback with our internal teams.
In what city did you work with Opendoor (e.g. Phoenix, Nashville)? Phoenix
Your Name: Jennifer Nolan
"When my husband and I decided to sell our house, we knew Opendoor was the only way to go. No open houses, staging, or waiting months for the right offer. We have 6 kids living at home ages 13-21, as well as our very energetic dogs! We knew that keeping our 5 bedrooms, 3.5 bath, 3100 square foot home perfectly show- ready for realtors and prospective buyers wasn’t realistic. We wanted to sell quickly to pay off our debt and start fresh. Opendoor met our needs in the most professional, yet simple way possible. We closed in 3 weeks and every point of contact was kind, patient, knowledgeable and an absolute pleasure to work with. We will highly recommend Opendoor to anyone!"
(Sacramento) - Posted 2 months ago
Jennifer, Happy to hear that - and even happier you took the time to tell us! Thanks for spreading the word!
"I was a bit skeptical about selling through a faceless electronic process, but was happily surprised by the professional process and speed of communications. Questions were quickly answered and the people involved were always willing to help. This was the best real estate experience of many I’ve had."
Great to hear you've had a positive experience with Opendoor! Thank you for choosing Opendoor for such an important transaction.
"The process was fast and extremely accommodating. All the paperwork on Opendoors end went smooth. Everyone at the opendoor team was friendly and helpful with all questions answered in a timely manner. The process could not have been made any easier, with a fair offer on top of that."
We love hearing stories like these! Thanks for taking the time to share, Jennifer.
"From offer to closing, Open Door representatives were available, professional and personable. Especially helpful was the practice of working with home builders to provide some scheduling flexibility and insure a smooth transition once new construction was complete. Escrow and Title transfers also completed in a timely, smooth process. On-line negotiations and document signing somewhat daunting at first, but overall provides for a streamlined, efficient process."
That's amazing to hear! We strive to provide a great customer experience with Opendoor and your feedback is incredibly valuable to us. Thanks for taking the time to share this, Gene and William.
"For us, the best reason for choosing Opendoor for the sale of our house was being able to specify and plan around an exact closing date and a delayed move out date. The offer amount was just ok which brings up my recommendation for improvement. Had there been an opportunity to discuss the offer and present evidence for why the offer price should have been increased a bit, our rating could have been 5 stars. We had installed significant energy efficiency improvements which were ignored in Opendoor's valuation of the house. Giving customers an opportunity to discuss the offer price would be highly desirable."
Ray,

Thank you for sharing your story - we're happy to hear our experience has worked out well for you and will provide your feedback to our team!
"We just sold our home and Opendoor was exactly as they presented themselves. Everything ran smoothly, quickly, efficiently and appropriately! I would buy or sell a home from them anytime and highly recommend them! We had received a flyer in the mail and although a bit skeptical at first, did quite a bit of research before we jumped in--and we are so glad we did!!!"
Great to hear about your experience Debbie. We love hearing stories like yours!
"We just used opendoor to sell our house. We recieved a fair offer, sold quickly and the repairs were reasonable. Everything was so easy and stress free. I was very impressed by the opendoor team. They answered all my questions and were very quick to respond to me. If you want to sell your house quickly, no showings and you do not want to worry about repairs this is a great option!"
Hayley, Happy to hear about your experience with us! Thanks for sharing 💙
"I tried to sell my home 2 years ago with no luck. I had to make sure the place was spotless at all times for showings. I gave up and then some time later received an Open Door brochure in the mail. I hung on to it for about a month. Read it over and over. The old saying "If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is." was all I could think about. Then I decided to just see what they would give me for my house. They offered me 35,000k more than I tried to sell it for 2 years prior. I took the plunge and it all went so smooth. My home was 2700 sq. ft. I'm a woman alone and lived in about 600 sq. ft. of it. Time to down size! I now live in my 1000 sq. ft. apartment and couldn't be happier. I have put in for retirement and will be off traveling in the next 3 months. Thank you Open Door! Your people were so helpful and always there for me with any questions I had. I highly recommend Open Door to anyone looking to sell their home."
So glad to hear this Allyson. Thanks for letting us know! We're so glad you were able to benefit from the ease and certainty the Opendoor experience provides!
"I sold my home with Opendoor in 2018. The whole process was so simple and I never had to "show" my home. I was offered a great price and all of the people at Opendoor returned every phone call and went above and beyond to help me every step of the way. I previously sold a home with a realtor. There were constant showings and aggravation. With Opendoor, no headaches, no waiting. It was so easy! Thank you Opendoor!!"
Leesa, Thanks for the positive feedback and we appreciate you spreading the word about Opendoor! 💙
In what city did you work with Opendoor (e.g. Phoenix, Nashville)? Charlotte
"The process was seamless. My advisor helped me throughout the process & answered any questions I had. I've told several people about Opendoor & recommended that if they are looking for a hassle free sell of their home, this is the way to go."
(Charlotte) - Posted 2 months ago
So glad to hear this Akanke. Thanks for letting us know! We're so glad you were able to benefit from the ease and certainty the Opendoor experience provides!
"I was happy that I did not have to show my house. I loved that I was able to pick my closing date and I needed to do most of my communicating by email and they accommodated me 100%. They were there when I needed any questions answered and quickly. I was very pleased with my experience and I would recommend them, as I have, to anyone needing to buy or sell a home."
Hi Monica, great to hear you've had a good experience with us! We appreciate you choosing Opendoor for such an important transaction.
"My experience was very positive. Everyone I came in contact was professional. I would recommend your company to. Anyone looking to sell their home."
That's wonderful feedback to hear, Walter! We always strive to provide a great customer experience with Opendoor and your feedback is incredibly valuable to us. Thanks for taking the time to share!
Opendoor is rated 4.36 based on 536 reviews